Options

Record Store Day Mystery Vinyl

Comments

• Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    edited April 2015
    Warehouse it says now...whew... never sure untill that moment i saw warehouse, with all that went on this morning

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    BMF2004BMF2004 Posts: 129
    Mine also says warehouse but I never received a confirmation email. Does that mean everything went through ok?
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957

doctorvik said:

anyone who got a cc charge but no order number - Shit outta luck - This sucks .

Shipping
    Shipping (Tenclub)
    Apr 18, 11:59 AM

Unfortunately your order did not go though.
    10c

Wow, that's ridiculous.
    I had the same thing happen. Haven't received an email yet but if this is the case, it's another example of the pathetic business practices consistently displayed by the 10c. I got the "thank you we've received your order , you will receive a confirmation email" page but no actual order number or email. Because I know how shoddy this club is, I logged back on and tried to place a 2nd order to see if it would go through. I was told I couldn't place the order because I had already ordered my limit of 1. I assumed that meant I was good to go. Hopefully I am, but it doesn't sound like it and if that is the case I'm gonna be pissed. Not because I didn't get what I want, but because these types of things have been an issue for years yet nothing is ever done. Imagine if this was a ticket sale and people reached pages telling them "thank you, you got tickets" and then a later email saying "whoops, sorry, we fucked up again. too bad for you". Not even an offer to do anything either, just a shrug of the shoulders. I know 10c is a relatively small staff. I know problems happen, but this isn't a problem anymore, it's the norm.
  • Options
    doctorvikdoctorvik granger, IN Posts: 123
    edited April 2015

doctorvik said:

Shipping
    Shipping (Tenclub)

10c

Wow, that's ridiculous.
    I had the same thing happen. Haven't received an email yet but if this is the case, it's another example of the pathetic business practices consistently displayed by the 10c. I got the "thank you we've received your order , you will receive a confirmation email" page but no actual order number or email. Because I know how shoddy this club is, I logged back on and tried to place a 2nd order to see if it would go through. I was told I couldn't place the order because I had already ordered my limit of 1. I assumed that meant I was good to go. Hopefully I am, but it doesn't sound like it and if that is the case I'm gonna be pissed. Not because I didn't get what I want, but because these types of things have been an issue for years yet nothing is ever done. Imagine if this was a ticket sale and people reached pages telling them "thank you, you got tickets" and then a later email saying "whoops, sorry, we fucked up again. too bad for you". Not even an offer to do anything either, just a shrug of the shoulders. I know 10c is a relatively small staff. I know problems happen, but this isn't a problem anymore, it's the norm.
    you aren't good - same boat here - confirmed from tc that order did not go through and that they were sorry for the "inconvenience" --
    Post edited by doctorvik on
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    c'mon Red LB!!!
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    daydaydayday Michigan, USA Posts: 93
    my card was charged, but nothing is listed in my order history at the ten club website. no e-mail either. something went wrong. :(
    this is what i see on my bank website:
    Pending Misc. Debit POS DEBIT PEARL JAM.COM SEATTLE WA Link to more information in a new browser window. $60.99
    too bad. would've been fun.
    "i'll ride the wave~where it takes me"

Detroit, Michigan 08-01-1992
    Charleston, South Carolina 10-05-1996
    East Lansing, Michigan 08-18-1998
    Auburn Hills, Michigan 08-23-1998
    Greenville, South Carolina 09-04-1998
    Auburn Hills, Michigan 10-07-2000
    Clarkston, Michigan 06-25-2003
    Clarkston, Michigan 06-26-2003
    Grand Rapids, Michigan 10-03-2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan 05-19-2006
    Chicago, Illinois 08-05-2007
    Detroit, Michigan 10-16-2014
    Chicago, Illinois 09-07-2023
  • Options
    doctorvik said:

doctorvik said:

Shipping
    Shipping (Tenclub)

10c

Wow, that's ridiculous.
    you aren't good - same boat here - confirmed from tc that order did not go through and that they were sorry for the "inconvenience" --
    Yeah I figured as much. After 20 years, I'm at the very least dropping to a digital membership this year, but I may drop out of the club altogether. It has nothing to do with not getting this or that item or not getting these tickets, but it has everything to do with the piss poor customer service of the 10c. Regardless of everyone's love for the band, that love is no excuse for this being the most poorly run business I've ever seen. The 10c has no problem taking everyone's money year after year, but they offer absolutely no customer service when they repeatedly drop the ball. You'll get plenty of excuses but never any solutions. There's never even been an offer of "hey...we are really sorry that yet again you had a poor customer experience. Here is $20 off your membership renewal next year or here if a free gift card for this or that, etc." Just "sorry of the inconvenience, send us more money next time sucka...that is if we can successfully take your order".
  • Options
    ^^^ this ^^^
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165

i think i got one! i got the order confirmation screen and i think there was a number there but i didnt screen shot it or write it down in my excitement duh!! my credit card has pending transaction but no confirmation email yet. that process was really frustrating even though i figured it would be tough. hope it goes through! ill be refreshing my email all day long

I am complete opposite. I got an email and nothing in my order history. I got through the whole process, just kept getting the white screen of death after process payment. This is a real mystery.
    I'm probably the worst! All I have is a credit card charge. White screen of death, no email confirmation, not in order history. I'm fucked, aren't I? I'll just go drown my sorrows in my TMR Elvis Presley 10" (except I don't know how to play 78RPM on my player :cry:

(Don't worry, I'm not as miserable as I sound)
  • Options
    Suziemay said:

i think i got one! i got the order confirmation screen and i think there was a number there but i didnt screen shot it or write it down in my excitement duh!! my credit card has pending transaction but no confirmation email yet. that process was really frustrating even though i figured it would be tough. hope it goes through! ill be refreshing my email all day long

I am complete opposite. I got an email and nothing in my order history. I got through the whole process, just kept getting the white screen of death after process payment. This is a real mystery.
    I'm probably the worst! All I have is a credit card charge. White screen of death, no email confirmation, not in order history. I'm fucked, aren't I? I'll just go drown my sorrows in my TMR Elvis Presley 10" (except I don't know how to play 78RPM on my player :cry:

You need a turntable capable of playing a 78rpm record Suzie. Otherwise Elvis is gonna sound an octave low and a little slow.
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    The sad thing is they have plenty of vinyl in their warehouse to fulfill all these "inconveniences"
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    I got skunked today; but in honor of RSD I set up my newly purchased Turntable and spun my McCready Music for Film on black vinyl I purchased around Christmas on the secondary market. Record sounds good. I am 52 so grew up with records. It has been awhile. That 10" record sure is HEAVY.
  • Options
    JB23237JB23237 Posts: 1,373
    How can they charge your card and cancel you order...that doesn't sound right
    Alpine Valley East Troy WI 1998...United Center Chicago IL1998...All State Arena Rosemont IL 2000 (anybody have a spare poster)
    United Center Chicago IL 2003...Alpine Valley East Troy WI 2003...Toledo OH 2004...Marcus Amphitheater Milwaukee WI 2006
    United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 2 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2009
    PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 1 2011...PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 2 2011...Wrigley Field Chicago IL 2013...iWireless Center Moline IL 2014
    Bradley Center Milwaukee WI 2014...EV Auditorium Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...EV Chicago Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2011
    EV w/ PT celebrating the Who Rosemont Theatre Rosemont IL 2015
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165

Suziemay said:

You need a turntable capable of playing a 78rpm record Suzie. Otherwise Elvis is gonna sound an octave low and a little slow.
    Lol. I think mine can, but I need to change the belt and maybe the tonearm? I guess I'll go distract myself by researching playing 78RPM records. Based on others' posts, it sounds like I'm SOL :cry::cry:
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,880
    the biggest suck of it all is I did NOT go support my local store to try for this, now I and many others, end up with nothing but wasted time. I hope the TC does everyone right, I really do
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Posts: 382
    So I wonder how long they'll have our money for now? Pretty much total BS.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,743
    JB23237 said:

How can they charge your card and cancel you order...that doesn't sound right

It's not a charge. It's a pending charge. They can cancel any time they like though. If they cancelled after the charge went through, they could just do a refund.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    hrd2imgn said:

the biggest suck of it all is I did NOT go support my local store to try for this, now I and many others, end up with nothing but wasted time. I hope the TC does everyone right, I really do

Don't count on it. It speaks to the customer service of the 10c that every other thread on the forum is people who had a shit experience today yet no post or statement from the club at all explaining anything. Just radio silence.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    hrd2imgn said:

Why would you skip a once a year event where you're guaranteed something at least by going instead to stay home and try for something you KNEW was a crapshoot and that you may get nothing at all for? Don't understand this decision.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    hrd2imgn said:

What are you expecting from them?
    We all knew how many pairs of records there would be and that demand would exceed supply and that it would be hard to get the order completed. People have been talking about it for days. What is it that 10C owes people for? I don't get it.
    Don't you have a smartphone? You don't have to stay home to use the Internet anymore....
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    quasiquasi Posts: 492
    edited April 2015
    PJ_Soul said:

hrd2imgn said:

We all knew how many pairs of records there would be and that demand would exceed supply and that it would be hard to get the order completed. People have been talking about it for days. What is it that 10C owes people for? I don't get it.
    Don't you have a smartphone? You don't have to stay home to use the Internet anymore....
    You nailed it. Pretty hilarious. First world problems. I had a choice between RSD and this Mystery Vinyl like everybody else. Seeing as I knew demand would be crazy and would probably get shut out, I opted for RSD. Am I angry at PJ for not letting me do both? Uh, no.
    Post edited by quasi on
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    I was pretty pissed off when I thought the glitches shut me out. I was then estatic when I caught the second wave. I really can see both sides of it. It was a crapshoot to begin with. The Ten Club could have been better prepared but at the same time it's just stuff. It is another reason they should just release this stuff again. They are not meeting the demand.
  • Options
    Has Santos chimed in?
    Alpine Valley East Troy WI 1998...United Center Chicago IL1998...All State Arena Rosemont IL 2000 (anybody have a spare poster)
    United Center Chicago IL 2003...Alpine Valley East Troy WI 2003...Toledo OH 2004...Marcus Amphitheater Milwaukee WI 2006
    United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 2 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2009
    PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 1 2011...PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 2 2011...Wrigley Field Chicago IL 2013...iWireless Center Moline IL 2014
    Bradley Center Milwaukee WI 2014...EV Auditorium Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...EV Chicago Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2011
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

hrd2imgn said:

They don't owe anyone anything -- The problem lies in the fact that once people got this fake order confirmation they were UNABLE to keep trying to get one. Even when second lot went up for grabs people that had been trying for 40 minutes nonstop were essentially blocked from getting one because they were already logged as getting the limit. If you dont see that as wrong that's up to you - I personally think its bullshit and and some sort of apology/ good gesture should be done for these people - I know they cant create more records but they need to do something to show they fucked up and that they actually care.
  • Options
    Yeah thats disappointing I thought I was good Because when I tried the 2nd again it said I couldn't purchase another copy. So i was sure it worked....
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    I really dont see what 10c could have done differently. If we all agreed to go to walmart.com and try and order the same item at the same time guess what would happen. The same thing. I say go back to random drops in the store again.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Posts: 382
    As someone else said, not mad about the demand exceeding the supply. I am a bit upset that you take my order, and my money, don't give me the product ordered, and we couldn't even take a stab at the second round. How about an apology or some small token for those of us in this camp?

It's first world pains and it's not even ruining my day, but come on man. How is this still an issue with them? It's hard not to conclude they just don't care. Is what it is I suppose.
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,732
    So until we get shipping notice, we cant really know if our orders went through
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    JB23237 said:

Has Santos chimed in?

Not that I've seen. TBH I don't think there's anything he could say that wouldn't result in a slew of pissed off responses. The demand was too high for the system to handle. Some people were lucky, most missed out. Life is not fair.

I would kind of like some comment on why there were a bunch of people who were able to purchase it shortly after 11am est when so many people like myself were trying until 1045 when the "unavailable" message came up after I'd already put in my CC info. But no matter what comment might be made, it's not gonna make me feel any better nor is it gonna change anything.

I just hope, perhaps foolishly, that someone takes as much of the information so many have posted as possible and uses that to improve the system for next time.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    doctorvik said:

PJ_Soul said:

hrd2imgn said:

They don't owe anyone anything -- The problem lies in the fact that once people got this fake order confirmation they were UNABLE to keep trying to get one. Even when second lot went up for grabs people that had been trying for 40 minutes nonstop were essentially blocked from getting one because they were already logged as getting the limit. If you dont see that as wrong that's up to you - I personally think its bullshit and and some sort of apology/ good gesture should be done for these people - I know they cant create more records but they need to do something to show they fucked up and that they actually care.
    Didn't everyone suspect this would happen when they practically screamed that they could cancel orders for any reason? I know i wasn't the only one to mention more than once they might mean they'd take orders and then cancel them because of that specific note. They don't usually make that a major part of a sale announcement, so it was obvious that they knew orders would probably need to be cancelled IMO.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on