Options

Record Store Day Mystery Vinyl

Comments

• Options
    DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    Lottery would be better. This sucked.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,641
    I am going to have to remember this day next time the winners and losers are announced for a 10C ticket lottery. Suddenly everyone loves the lottery! =)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    RhinoJamRhinoJam Raleighwood Posts: 593

Starting to get really worried. Successfully purchased at 7:30 PDT (10:30 EDT). Credit card charged, confirmation page shown, but with no order number. Still no email or anything in my purchase history. Tried purchasing again in the second batch, but received "THIS PRODUCT CANNOT BE PURCHASED BECAUSE YOU HAVE PURCHASED AN ASSOCIATED PRODUCT IN THE PAST" message.

I've emailed 10Club with screen shot of my confirmation page (with no order number) and the "CANNOT BE PURCHASED" message I got when trying to buy during the second batch. Really hoping they uphold my order, seeing as how I got through long before a lot of others who are now getting confirmation emails, as well as seeing as how I couldn't purchase during the second wave because I was blocked for having already purchased in the first wave.

Same thing happened to me, I e-mailed ten club...
    Yeah, it was weird trying to place the order this morning. I was logged in, tried adding it to my cart, then it told me I wasn't logged in. Finally got that sorted out, placed an order, and it gave me no order number, and doesn't show in my history. However, I do have a "pending" charge on my bank account... so, I'm assuming all is good, and that it just hasn't posted to my PJ account yet...?
    Charlotte 10/4/96 Raleigh 8/31/98 Charlotte 8/4/00 Raleigh 4/15/03 Asheville 10/6/04
    Bonnaroo 6/14/08 Spectrum 10/30/09 Spectrum 10/31/09 Atlanta 9/22/12 Wrigley 7/19/13
    Baltimore 10/27/13 Charlottesville 10/29/13 Charlotte 10/30/13 OKC 11/16/13
    St. Louis 10/03/14 Greenville 4/16/16 Hampton 4/18/16
    Columbia 4/21/16 Wrigley 8/18/18
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    RhinoJam said:

Starting to get really worried. Successfully purchased at 7:30 PDT (10:30 EDT). Credit card charged, confirmation page shown, but with no order number. Still no email or anything in my purchase history. Tried purchasing again in the second batch, but received "THIS PRODUCT CANNOT BE PURCHASED BECAUSE YOU HAVE PURCHASED AN ASSOCIATED PRODUCT IN THE PAST" message.

I've emailed 10Club with screen shot of my confirmation page (with no order number) and the "CANNOT BE PURCHASED" message I got when trying to buy during the second batch. Really hoping they uphold my order, seeing as how I got through long before a lot of others who are now getting confirmation emails, as well as seeing as how I couldn't purchase during the second wave because I was blocked for having already purchased in the first wave.

Yeah, it was weird trying to place the order this morning. I was logged in, tried adding it to my cart, then it told me I wasn't logged in. Finally got that sorted out, placed an order, and it gave me no order number, and doesn't show in my history. However, I do have a "pending" charge on my bank account... so, I'm assuming all is good, and that it just hasn't posted to my PJ account yet...?
    As someone previously stated, without an order #, you probably don't have an order with 10C, just a shipping charge with their credit card processor. That's what worries me.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,980
    PJ_Soul said:

I am going to have to remember this day next time the winners and losers are announced for a 10C ticket lottery. Suddenly everyone loves the lottery! =)

Haha, as long as demand exceeds supply people will complain. I do personally like the lottery system and think it would reflect better on 10c than having the site crashing for everyone.

Just glad I was lucky this time and excited to see what drops through the post.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    My wife also kept getting logged out when she tried to purchase the mystery vinyl for me. I guess there was a good chance I would have just got records I already have anyway.

At least I was able to get the Citizen Dick 7" while I was out shopping for RSD.
  • Options
    RhinoJamRhinoJam Raleighwood Posts: 593

RhinoJam said:

As someone previously stated, without an order #, you probably don't have an order with 10C, just a shipping charge with their credit card processor. That's what worries me.
    That could be true, but it wouldn't let me place another order, and the pending charge on my bank account is for $60.99... the total for the vinyl and shipping. I'm hoping we don't get screwed here... but if that's the case... oh well, life goes on... but, certainly not cool on their part! - - If I ever get a reply from Ten Club i'll share the word.
    Charlotte 10/4/96 Raleigh 8/31/98 Charlotte 8/4/00 Raleigh 4/15/03 Asheville 10/6/04
    Bonnaroo 6/14/08 Spectrum 10/30/09 Spectrum 10/31/09 Atlanta 9/22/12 Wrigley 7/19/13
    Baltimore 10/27/13 Charlottesville 10/29/13 Charlotte 10/30/13 OKC 11/16/13
    St. Louis 10/03/14 Greenville 4/16/16 Hampton 4/18/16
    Columbia 4/21/16 Wrigley 8/18/18
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    Congrats to all who scored. No luck here. It was a crapshoot.
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    RhinoJam said:

RhinoJam said:

That could be true, but it wouldn't let me place another order, and the pending charge on my bank account is for $60.99... the total for the vinyl and shipping. I'm hoping we don't get screwed here... but if that's the case... oh well, life goes on... but, certainly not cool on their part! - - If I ever get a reply from Ten Club i'll share the word.
    I'm in the exact same boat with everything. The pending charge on your account is just from their credit card processor -- you would hope that means we're set, but again, that's not necessarily true. Same with not being able to place another order. I'll post as well if I ever hear back from them. Thanks!

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    edited April 2015
    The worst part about failed 10c sales is the false positives that toy with your emotions and string you along for too long. You're on here, do all the right things, the system tells you its in your cart at various points, then the shitty system keeps cycling you through all sorts of bullshit. Then the instant the site starts to act the way you want it to, it's out of stock.

It leaves everyone feeling like they had one and we got screwed not by supply/demand but by a crappy server/system.

Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    No lottery, I am a fan of the free for all, and I missed out.

Anyways, I was surprised that neither Vault 3 or 4 were possibilities for the sale, not disappointed, just surprised.
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Posts: 382
    MayDay10 said:

It leaves everyone feeling like they had one and we got screwed not by supply/demand but by a crappy server/system.

Win or lose, this, so much this.
  • Options
    Says they are available right now.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    Andy - nope, it doesn't. Click on the SKU and it says the item has sold out.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,701
    Turns out I was able to check out twice. Not intentional due to the checkout process. Have 2 orders with warehouse status in my order history. Email 10c so will wait and see.
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    doctorvikdoctorvik granger, IN Posts: 123
    edited April 2015
    I also got to the thank you page but have no order number and no email but a charge to my cc -- has anyone heard if this means it went through ??
    Post edited by doctorvik on
  • Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    edited April 2015
    I got 2 confirmation emails with different conf numbers. The second one came 2+ hours after the initial sellout, then an immediate back order email came after that.

I only have 1 cc charge though. And I can't seem to access my order history on my iPhone.

I guess I'll just let 10c sort it out Monday after they are back in the office. I'm sure they've received enough emails about this very generous offer. I'll be crossing my fingers!!

EDIT: Mine now showing as warehouse. (I only have one order in my order history)
    Post edited by Alpine Bound on
  • Options
    Same here - Went through complete purchase until the confirmation screen. No email, nothing in my order history. I stopped trying after that, but hearing that I may be SOL I maybe shouldnt have. Not good.
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    If anyone really does end up with 2, I will buy your extra. Got shut out today.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,641
    edited April 2015

I got 2 confirmation emails with different conf numbers. The second one came 2+ hours after the initial sellout, then an immediate back order email came after that.

I only have 1 cc charge though. And I can't seem to access my order history on my iPhone.

I guess I'll just let 10c sort it out Monday after they are back in the office. I'm sure they've received enough emails about this very generous offer. I'll be crossing my fingers!!

I couldn't access my order history on my phone either, and then I clicked the "request desktop option" browser setting and i could view it. Seems to be an issue with the mobile view only. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Posts: 382
    doctorvik said:

I also got to the thank you page but have no order number and no email but a charge to my cc -- has anyone heard if this means it went through ??

No, and it seems like there's a bunch of us. I'm guessing the only way we may here is if we DO finally get email or shipping confirmation, OR, the charges just drop off of our cards. I'm annoyed by the whole thing but not mad, if I end up with charges for an item I don't receive I'll ride the hate train and be pissed.

• Options
    Mercury said:

doctorvik said:

No, and it seems like there's a bunch of us. I'm guessing the only way we may here is if we DO finally get email or shipping confirmation, OR, the charges just drop off of our cards. I'm annoyed by the whole thing but not mad, if I end up with charges for an item I don't receive I'll ride the hate train and be pissed.

The thing that I'm angry about is the fact that I could have gotten one during the second wave of sales (15-20 minutes after they seemed to be gone) if not for being blocked by a message saying that I couldn't add one to my cart because I had already bought it (which I did, or apparently maybe did not, during the first wave).

This alone is why I expect 10C to follow through and make sure the order goes through. It would be really, really messed up if I don't get one despite a) having successfully submitted credit card info and having my card charged; and especially b) not being able to add one to my cart the second time around because the system said I had already purchased one.

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    PJ_Soul said:

I couldn't access my order history on my phone either, and then I clicked the "request desktop option" browser setting and i could view it. Seems to be an issue with the mobile view only. :)
    Thanks PJ_soul...clicked desktop, and I can see my order history, looks like I was able to get one, it says 'warehouse'.

Those that got the white screen after entering CC info, don't give up!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    anyone who got a cc charge but no order number - Shit outta luck - This sucks .

Shipping
    Shipping (Tenclub)
    Apr 18, 11:59 AM

Unfortunately your order did not go though.
    10c
  • Options
    doctorvik said:

anyone who got a cc charge but no order number - Shit outta luck - This sucks .

Shipping
    Shipping (Tenclub)
    Apr 18, 11:59 AM

Unfortunately your order did not go though.
    10c

Wow, that's ridiculous.

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Really disappointed with how this went down. I'm not one to complain usually, but this was horrible.

Had it in my cart only to have it sold out from under me. It's just bad business, in my opinion. Granted, it was a long shot to receive what I was looking for, but I didn't even get a chance. I'll be switching to digital from now on.

To those that got them to go through, sincere congratulations.

To the 10C...please address the order/ticket/server/etc issues once & for all.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    i knew from the second i got the blank order # and no history i wasn't getting one. it's just really stupid that no one could take 1 minute since the sale 5 hours ago to make a post about it.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    It's worse because those with a charge and no order number were blocked from ordering when they popped back up.
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    choop said:

i knew from the second i got the blank order # and no history i wasn't getting one. it's just really stupid that no one could take 1 minute since the sale 5 hours ago to make a post about it.

Same here, and while I haven't heard anything yet about mine, I am well prepared for that to happen. I could have had it the second go round too, which stinks
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Tc - doesn't give a shit - they just replied to me and said sorry the charge will be taken off -- but didnt address the fact that I was then blocked from getting one of these bc in the system i had already got one -- sucks -- congrats to those who got one -- but this was hardly fair to all those trying . and being at 10 eastern time - I missed RSD didnt get foo's or white stripes - UGH
    Post edited by doctorvik on