Options

Record Store Day Mystery Vinyl

Comments

• Options
    DragonsAfter3or4DragonsAfter3or4 Bluegrass Posts: 325
    Had it in my cart for ten minutes, got to shipping all good. Then white screen of death and never got it. That' s what pisses me off. Like having it in hand and it being taken by somebody else. I never got to enter my payment. 10C has and always will be a piss poor run organization. If they would only take a lesson from TMR and how they run things.
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    JB23237 said:

Yeah thats disappointing I thought I was good Because when I tried the 2nd again it said I couldn't purchase another copy. So i was sure it worked....

This is the worst part, by far for me. No communication doesn't help much, but they don't need to give us that since they practically gave the we can cancel any order whenever we want schpiel. If I didn't get it, I didn't get it though...it's just a dumb record lol
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    doctorvikdoctorvik granger, IN Posts: 123
    Im pretty sure they do that with every mystery item .... again they didnt cancel our items -- they just made us believe we had one - and then would not let us purchase another one even though they were still available.
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    PJ_Soul said:

hrd2imgn said:

the biggest suck of it all is I did NOT go support my local store to try for this, now I and many others, end up with nothing but wasted time. I hope the TC does everyone right, I really do

What are you expecting from them?
    We all knew how many pairs of records there would be and that demand would exceed supply and that it would be hard to get the order completed. People have been talking about it for days. What is it that 10C owes people for? I don't get it.
    Don't you have a smartphone? You don't have to stay home to use the Internet anymore....
    You're missing the point. I don't think anyone on here is irate over not getting what they wanted. People are frustrated because once again the 10 club promised a service (to provide a site that should be able to handle a simple online sale, not to guarantee you would get a limited product) and once again they failed at that task and they refuse to do or say anything to remedy their customers legitimate complaints. Defending them by patting them on the back and saying "good job guys, thanks for trying" (as many of these threads do) shouldn't be something that customers should have to do for a business that provides a paid service. The 10c isn't a grade school child working on a science project, they are a business who make money from their customers for providing them a service. When that service repeatedly fails year after year after year and nothing is ever done or said other than "oh well", then I would say that business is pretty piss poor, and the customers have a right to be upset. It's obviously a service we all want otherwise we would all cancel our memberships, but that is no excuse for the club to be so unresponsive to it's obvious problems. I'm not trying to compare buying records/tickets to surgery but would you say "nice try doc" to a doctor who botched a procedure? Would you say "thanks for trying guys" to an airline who sold you a ticket and then said "sorry we lost your order" when you arrived at the airport? You ask what 10c owes people, I'd say they owe them the service they say they will provide, not a consistent shrug of the shoulders every time their website crashes. I don't have a problem with not getting the vinyl (hell at this point I'm still not sure if I did or not). My problem is that I received a message saying "thanks for your order, you will receive a confirmation email" after apparently completing my order. When I tried to replace the order for fear that something like this could happen (gee, why would I think that), I was told that I couldn't order the item because I had already reached my limit of ordering said item. I assumed that meant I had completed a transaction. Since I was under the impression that I spent $60 with 10c, I passed on buying 2 other records at RSD. However, I still don't have a confirmation and several other people who had the same problem I had have been told by 10c "sorry, you are SOL". I'm aware mistakes happen and problems occur but that shit is stays quo around here and it never gets fixed. All that most everyone on hear is saying is that this is no way to run a business not "whaaaaaaaaa I want my vinyl".
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625

PJ_Soul said:

hrd2imgn said:

the biggest suck of it all is I did NOT go support my local store to try for this, now I and many others, end up with nothing but wasted time. I hope the TC does everyone right, I really do

We all knew how many pairs of records there would be and that demand would exceed supply and that it would be hard to get the order completed. People have been talking about it for days. What is it that 10C owes people for? I don't get it.
    Don't you have a smartphone? You don't have to stay home to use the Internet anymore....
    You're missing the point. I don't think anyone on here is irate over not getting what they wanted. People are frustrated because once again the 10 club promised a service (to provide a site that should be able to handle a simple online sale, not to guarantee you would get a limited product) and once again they failed at that task and they refuse to do or say anything to remedy their customers legitimate complaints. Defending them by patting them on the back and saying "good job guys, thanks for trying" (as many of these threads do) shouldn't be something that customers should have to do for a business that provides a paid service. The 10c isn't a grade school child working on a science project, they are a business who make money from their customers for providing them a service. When that service repeatedly fails year after year after year and nothing is ever done or said other than "oh well", then I would say that business is pretty piss poor, and the customers have a right to be upset. It's obviously a service we all want otherwise we would all cancel our memberships, but that is no excuse for the club to be so unresponsive to it's obvious problems. I'm not trying to compare buying records/tickets to surgery but would you say "nice try doc" to a doctor who botched a procedure? Would you say "thanks for trying guys" to an airline who sold you a ticket and then said "sorry we lost your order" when you arrived at the airport? You ask what 10c owes people, I'd say they owe them the service they say they will provide, not a consistent shrug of the shoulders every time their website crashes. I don't have a problem with not getting the vinyl (hell at this point I'm still not sure if I did or not). My problem is that I received a message saying "thanks for your order, you will receive a confirmation email" after apparently completing my order. When I tried to replace the order for fear that something like this could happen (gee, why would I think that), I was told that I couldn't order the item because I had already reached my limit of ordering said item. I assumed that meant I had completed a transaction. Since I was under the impression that I spent $60 with 10c, I passed on buying 2 other records at RSD. However, I still don't have a confirmation and several other people who had the same problem I had have been told by 10c "sorry, you are SOL". I'm aware mistakes happen and problems occur but that shit is stays quo around here and it never gets fixed. All that most everyone on hear is saying is that this is no way to run a business not "whaaaaaaaaa I want my vinyl".
    Heisenberg has it all figured out in this post...good job my friend
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,047

PJ_Soul said:

hrd2imgn said:

What he said.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,641
    edited April 2015
    I actually think a lot of people are simply irate about not getting what they wanted, lol, but either way, I just figured it was pretty normal for a website - any website, really - to behave that way with that kind of sudden massive influx of traffic and half the people constantly refreshing.... i guess I just have lower standards when it comes to what band websites can do, lol. I suppose i am also just surprised that anyone wasn't fully expecting and prepared for exactly what happened.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    PJ Soul you are thinking too rationally. I have tried putting many times this was a system integration issue and there was nothing they could do other than spend many millions building a fully integrated site that just doesn't exist in the world right now (all POS systems are handled by just a couple of companies). You passed the inventory check, you passed the user check but your order timed out before it went into the order fulfillment system due to 500 going in when the system could only handle 100 at that exact moment. So the site thinks it worked as it shouldn't fail at that point except in doomsday scenarios like this. They could add a final check before it posts and probably should if they will do it this way but that will just slow it down even more in the end. This will never change here or anywhere else when you have this many people trying to order at the same time. Its an unfortunate consequence of the internet age and internet retailing. It would be the same thing if Walmart had 1000 of something but said we only have 10 registers and the sale ends in an hour. Lots of people would have it in their shopping carts but wouldn't be able to buy it when the time ran out. Those 10 registers can only move so fast. So yes you had it and feel like you should have been able to buy it but you were the unfortunate SOB that was an hour and 10 minutes back in the line. Everyone had a fair shake at it as it had nothing to do with your internet. It had to do with the bandwidth exceeding max capacity and your order had to wait in line just as you did at the store in my scenario.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    JB23237JB23237 Posts: 1,373
    I'm pretty sure I'll get one. I can't see 10c charging my debit card and them cancelling my order that's for sure
    Alpine Valley East Troy WI 1998...United Center Chicago IL1998...All State Arena Rosemont IL 2000 (anybody have a spare poster)
    United Center Chicago IL 2003...Alpine Valley East Troy WI 2003...Toledo OH 2004...Marcus Amphitheater Milwaukee WI 2006
    United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 2 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2009
    PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 1 2011...PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 2 2011...Wrigley Field Chicago IL 2013...iWireless Center Moline IL 2014
    Bradley Center Milwaukee WI 2014...EV Auditorium Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...EV Chicago Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2011
    EV w/ PT celebrating the Who Rosemont Theatre Rosemont IL 2015
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    edited April 2015
    Yeah. I understand the supply issue. That's fine. But all the false positives... the need to cancel orders 7 hours plus later, selling out then a second release later (in case I decided to sit at my computer the entire beautiful saturday)... it's annoying and there needs to be a better way. It actually seems to be getting worse.

Put in your shipping address we will send your mystery vinyl to.

*puts in address and waits a minute

Put in your shipping address we will ship your mystery vinyl to

For 25 minutes... after the site claimed I wasn't a member for 15.

Then the white screen uncertainties, cancelled orders.

The fact that you feel like you scored it through most of the process is what makes people feel robbed and slighted
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869

hrd2imgn said:

Why would you skip a once a year event where you're guaranteed something at least by going instead to stay home and try for something you KNEW was a crapshoot and that you may get nothing at all for? Don't understand this decision.

waiting in line for 5 hours to maybe get lucky enough that your store has what you want is really no better a chance than the stuff here, and I wanted the stuff here more than a Metallica cassette or 45
  • Options
    RoelandRoeland Posts: 177
    cdysinge said:

I really dont see what 10c could have done differently. If we all agreed to go to walmart.com and try and order the same item at the same time guess what would happen. The same thing. I say go back to random drops in the store again.

A good online shop would:
    - Start a waiting line system when the number of requests is too high allowing people who did get through to checkout without major issues. This would already avoid orders going through partially like it happened today to some people.
    - When high demand is expected upfront, reduce the shop temporarily to a quicker loading basic page showing just the limited item in order to reduce overall sever load.
    - Not throw incorrect error messages like the "you need to be a 10c member to purchase this item"
    There are perfectly fine applications available nowadays that would implement the above. As long as 10c prefers to use their own shop that has proven time after time to be extemely unstable in case of high demand, problems will continue. I'm not a fan of dropping items randomly as this will always favor the same people. A lottery system would probably be the most fair. The system of today was just a lottery as well, only a very frustating one.
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    I do think it sucks a little for the people who got orders later in the day after everyone else got empty confirmations an CC charges. thinking they already had one
  • Options
    JB23237JB23237 Posts: 1,373
    I'm sure they have plenty of vinyl to honor the orders....come on man
    Alpine Valley East Troy WI 1998...United Center Chicago IL1998...All State Arena Rosemont IL 2000 (anybody have a spare poster)
    United Center Chicago IL 2003...Alpine Valley East Troy WI 2003...Toledo OH 2004...Marcus Amphitheater Milwaukee WI 2006
    United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 2 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2009
    PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 1 2011...PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 2 2011...Wrigley Field Chicago IL 2013...iWireless Center Moline IL 2014
    Bradley Center Milwaukee WI 2014...EV Auditorium Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...EV Chicago Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2011
    EV w/ PT celebrating the Who Rosemont Theatre Rosemont IL 2015
  • Options
    Mr. FixerMr. Fixer Posts: 586
    I have read through the majority of this thread, however I still have one quick question...Is there anybody here who received a "Success!" order confirmation page along with a confirmation number after the order, but never received a confirmation email nor has the order in their order history? That is what happened to me and I am just curious if anybody else is still in limbo like I am. I have not received a "cancelled" email either. Thanks for your help! :)
  • Options
    JB23237 said:

I'm pretty sure I'll get one. I can't see 10c charging my debit card and them cancelling my order that's for sure

haha, don't be too sure. i have seen more than one post where that was just not the case. I hope you are right, because that's where I am right now lol
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,434
    cdysinge said:

PJ Soul you are thinking too rationally. I have tried putting many times this was a system integration issue and there was nothing they could do other than spend many millions building a fully integrated site that just doesn't exist in the world right now (all POS systems are handled by just a couple of companies). You passed the inventory check, you passed the user check but your order timed out before it went into the order fulfillment system due to 500 going in when the system could only handle 100 at that exact moment. So the site thinks it worked as it shouldn't fail at that point except in doomsday scenarios like this. They could add a final check before it posts and probably should if they will do it this way but that will just slow it down even more in the end. This will never change here or anywhere else when you have this many people trying to order at the same time. Its an unfortunate consequence of the internet age and internet retailing. It would be the same thing if Walmart had 1000 of something but said we only have 10 registers and the sale ends in an hour. Lots of people would have it in their shopping carts but wouldn't be able to buy it when the time ran out. Those 10 registers can only move so fast. So yes you had it and feel like you should have been able to buy it but you were the unfortunate SOB that was an hour and 10 minutes back in the line. Everyone had a fair shake at it as it had nothing to do with your internet. It had to do with the bandwidth exceeding max capacity and your order had to wait in line just as you did at the store in my scenario.

Bingo. It seems like you have it, but there are thousands of people ahead of you ... You just can't see them.

"Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    BezzaBezza Posts: 203
    Fuck you Ten Club
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,641
    :confounded:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Mr. Fixer said:

I have read through the majority of this thread, however I still have one quick question...Is there anybody here who received a "Success!" order confirmation page along with a confirmation number after the order, but never received a confirmation email nor has the order in their order history? That is what happened to me and I am just curious if anybody else is still in limbo like I am. I have not received a "cancelled" email either. Thanks for your help! :)

I did not get an cancelled email but emailed them and they told me its a no go
  • Options
    My biggest fear is when we as a fan club show them so much hatred when they tried to do somthing cool the response will be no more of that then and we all lose. This is a band fan club that sells shit. Yes they are selling stuff and should have better customer service but how can you expect them to be ready for this when no giant online retailer like amazon could handle this load at one moment. And while a lottery sounds great people will just pine to go back to this when they miss out. Its a lose/lose for them no matter how they do it. If they go back to pop up shops everyone will bitch that only a couple markets could participate. The end of result of this will be no more cool ideas and sales.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    scurtis said:

cdysinge said:

Bingo. It seems like you have it, but there are thousands of people ahead of you ... You just can't see them.

very true -- but I think the point is that walmart wouldnt do that and if they did they would make it right
  • Options
    Not if it was a limited item with no more available. Amazon cancels orders all the time for that reason. People expect more from 10c than they do anyone else.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Mr. Fixer said:

I would like to know that too. So doktorvik had the same experience and asked and they said it was no, right? So the outlook for this is rather negative or is there still a chance?

• Options
    TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,365
    cdysinge said:

Not if it was a limited item with no more available. Amazon cancels orders all the time for that reason. People expect more from 10c than they do anyone else.

People don't pay $50 a year to be a member of Amazon
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    edited April 2015
    Maybe they should do a lottery, on sales like this since their website can't handle the traffic.
  • Options
    I wouldnt give up -- but for me I had a blank order confirmation at 10:18, no email and no order on 10 club orders, but did have my credit card charged with a pending charge. If this is what you have I would probably say that you don't have an order but I may be wrong.
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    Anyone else picture the Ten Club warehouse looking like that scene at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark. Crates full of Benny's etc. I was sucessfull today but yeah the website just couldn't cope. We all knew it would happen so why didn't Ten Club know? I guess that's what everyone's wanting to know. As soon as I stopped refreshing and waited each page out, it was much smoother. Looking at the numbers, it definitely looks like there could be some disappointing mystery packages but just happy to get the opportunity and can't wait to see what everyone gets. eBay is going to be flooded with PJ records around July hopefully for better prices than normal. Surprised there has been no one selling their sealed mystery package
  • Options
    joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    They have my money. No confirmation. Not in order history. What a fucking joke.
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • Options
    cdysinge said:

again notice my wording - I didnt say they would give me that item but they would make it right. If I was at walmart and in line and told I had the item, charged for it, and I could not try to get it again because the limit was one but then they didnt give me the item ... they would do something to make it right. Tc not so much