Options

Record Store Day Mystery Vinyl

Comments

• Options
    jrock60jrock60 Posts: 76
    Got it in Montreal today:
    Riot Act / Love Boat Captain

Thanks 10c! I have Riot Act already, hoping this will get me a LD with a trade.
    I'll ride the wave...
  • Options
    monkeewrenchmonkeewrench Posts: 946
    Winner, winner chicken dinner! Congrats!
  • Options
    andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,963
    jrock60 said:

Sweet!
  • Options
    mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 860
    jrock60 said:

Congrats.
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    jrock60 said:

That's a good score. Congrats!
  • Options
    Thanks! I knew it would be hard to get exactly what I'm missing which is LD, RVM and Benny, but I'm super stoked that I got something that is definitely close enough to trade for LD which is actually on the top of my want list above the others.
    I'll ride the wave...
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,026
    PJ_Soul said:

Rare or not rare, I'm not like that. If I like something, I am bummed if I cannot get it because it is "rare". I did not get the backpack because I already have a cool one and did not jump for Sevens because it did not entice me enough. I am not jumping on EVERYTHING PJ and I think I have not regretted that yet. I saw somebody posting a picture of their two sealed Bennys on fb today and it makes me sad. There are tons of people who would love this album to spin it. And because it is "rare" there are people who hoard them for whatever reason. To each their own, yes. But why more than one? One of these two could make another music fan happy. And make a sealed vinyl enjoy the pleasures of being opened and put on the deck.

I don't usually don't buy any other merch (I've bought a few posters, and that's about it I think), so was just talking vinyl. I should buy all PJ vinyl. Not because it's rare, but because I keep regretting not having vinyl I didn't buy! I am sick of regret, lol.
    And i get the Sevens to spin, but then traded it for something I love, but now wish I also still had Sevens... maybe my rule should be to buy two every time. ;)
    ... but FWIW, i don't buy shit i don't want.
    Does anyone buy what they don't want?? If nothing else, I want it for trade or to give away... which I think is fine. Trading and giveaways can be fun.
    I don't think anyone buys what they don't want. I just think about all the times I was on the fence about something and decided to go for it, only to find it on clearance a few months later. The only exception for me was the backpack. I wasn't going to buy it right away because I figured who would want that, I'll get it on clearance in a couple months. I wanted it, but thought id get a better deal if I waited. Luckily my roommate talked me into buying it then, and I don't know why someone would pay $500 for something like that, I was barely willing to pay $70. I just figure if I want it I'll get it, and shrug it off when it doesn't sell and see it on sale later (like the 10 box set that was the only way to get the live vinyl). I've hesitated on a few things and didn't pull the trigger in time, and are now hard to find. Like for the price on the "sevens," if it wasn't limited and rare, I don't think I would want one for that price, but the collectability is cool.
  • Options
    slinger256slinger256 Victoria Posts: 371
    Should we ever get the opportunity to participate in what I consider a fun lottery again, can I recommend that those nicely organized stacks of goodies you have get a little....

photo shuffle_zps3xerltb7.jpg

6 RNDM within 15km of my postal code is a little ridiculous. A couple of these even hit the same single. If you're going to put the time into putting them in a box spend an extra little bit of time shuffling the deck.
  • Options
    The copy I got of Riot Act didnt have the sticker on it like my other copy had. Was the sticker only on retail copies?
    I'll ride the wave...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,653
    edited May 2015
    jrock60 said:

The copy I got of Riot Act didnt have the sticker on it like my other copy had. Was the sticker only on retail copies?

I recently learned that the European pressing has the sticker and the US pressing doesn't. Maybe. I didn't independently confirm this. But i know I have the US version with no sticker, and the person who had the sticker definitely had a European version, so we surmised... and the other person mentioned that it's noted on discogs (I didn't check). If this is true, then interesting that 10C has both pressings stocked up... which actually makes me doubt the theory I've just outlined, lol. I mean, why would 10c get a big stock of euro pressings? That would be a waste of money to get them shipped to the band in the States, no?

(... i feel like I have gone on way too long about this, lol)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    jamespjamesp Posts: 20
    PJ20 black.

Anyone wanna trade?
  • Options
    steinbasteinba Posts: 110
    jamesp said:

PJ20 black.

Anyone wanna trade?

What do you need?

• Options
    jamespjamesp Posts: 20
    steinba said:

jamesp said:

PJ20 black.

Anyone wanna trade?

What do you need?

steinba said:

jamesp said:

PJ20 black.

Anyone wanna trade?

What do you need?

Pretty much everything tbh! I only have most Ed Ved stuff and a few recent PJ vinyl releases. I'd kill for Avocado vinyl—but that's not going to happen. Guess I'm open to suggestions.
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    PJ_Soul said:

jrock60 said:

I recently learned that the European pressing has the sticker and the US pressing doesn't. Maybe. I didn't independently confirm this. But i know I have the US version with no sticker, and the person who had the sticker definitely had a European version, so we surmised... and the other person mentioned that it's noted on discogs (I didn't check). If this is true, then interesting that 10C has both pressings stocked up... which actually makes me doubt the theory I've just outlined, lol. I mean, why would 10c get a big stock of euro pressings? That would be a waste of money to get them shipped to the band in the States, no?

(... i feel like I have gone on way too long about this, lol)
    The US version definitely has the sticker. I have two copies, one with the clear sticker (similar to the cd version) and one with a black sticker. Are we talking about the "pearl jam riot act" sticker attached on the front of the shrinkwrap, right?
  • Options
    steinbasteinba Posts: 110
    jamesp said:

steinba said:

jamesp said:

PJ20 black.

Anyone wanna trade?

What do you need?

steinba said:

jamesp said:

PJ20 black.

Anyone wanna trade?

What do you need?

Pretty much everything tbh! I only have most Ed Ved stuff and a few recent PJ vinyl releases. I'd kill for Avocado vinyl—but that's not going to happen. Guess I'm open to suggestions.
    PM sent.

• Options
    Kev - Coat and KeysKev - Coat and Keys Earth Posts: 357
    Got a red Lightning Bolt and a spare 2010 ten club single in the UK - which is not too shabby.
  • Options
    andyrew46andyrew46 isle of wight Posts: 62
    Live on ten legs and no jeremy.... Trade anyone?
    Sometimes people put up walls, not to keep others out, but to see who cares enough to break them down.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Still only 2 bennys claimed? Anyone hear who won the contest?
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

Don H won the April contest.

Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,261

That lucky bastard

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    branscopbranscop Posts: 1,181
    excellent!
  • Options
    stoppler_pjstoppler_pj Montreal, Quebec, Canada Posts: 191
    FoxyRedLa said:

Still only 2 bennys claimed? Anyone hear who won the contest?

There was Benny delivered in Ontario. Is that one of the two?

You are obviously from the sticks if you call it a hoodie! Us sophisticated city folk call it a bunnyhug!
  • Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    steinba said:

pdalowsky said:

theres people out there with 5 Bennys.......the mind boggles. I understand why a collector will chase two down.....but 5???

When it's reissued and the value drops to $500, they'll pay for it! ;)

^^^ Won't ever happen

Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    Live on Ten Legs and No Jeremy for me as well. Happy with this!
    Drank EV's wine and damn proud of it!
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,486

That lucky bastard

• Options
    Rndm and unthought known in London Ontario, oh well was fun but likely could've gotten outside of mystery vinyl sale for half the cost
  • Options
    RNDM and EV - no more 7" in Hertfordshire, UK. Not bad, the 7" is pretty rare from what I can gather. I'm pretty new to PJ vinyl anyway, so it's all good!
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 951
    Mad Season Above and '99 Xmas single.
    Not a fan of Mad Season but was great to be part of this mystery sale anyway.

What would you guys consider a good trade for Mad Season? Looking for any Pearl Jam album
  • Options
    Dirty StuartDirty Stuart Posts: 182
    Mad Season Above and 2007 Xmas single
    OH: You need to stop buying Pearl Jam stuff, we have no room
    Me: How about we just get a bigger house?

http://db.etree.org/DirtyStuart
    http://randomismsofa.blogspot.com