Options

Record Store Day Mystery Vinyl

Comments

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Don't sleep on the mad season vinyl - one of the best slabs of wax in my collection!!! Great pressing, excellent quality!!!!
  • Options
    sm202838sm202838 Posts: 57
    Black LB, 1999 single, the chase and wait was better than the result but would do it again in a heartbeat.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810

Don H won the April contest.

Thanks I have no email still.
    TL61540 said:

FoxyRedLa said:

Still only 2 bennys claimed? Anyone hear who won the contest?

There was Benny delivered in Ontario. Is that one of the two?

I was under the impression of Leezestarr and Dimi.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    chrisdrake88chrisdrake88 Posts: 22
    edited May 2015
    At least when you get a mad season/RNDM acts/tres MTS, you won't be too scared to put a needle on it! It's a good way of discovering albums you haven't heard yet.
    I never really thought about RNDM - acts before, but now I've got it, I can't wait to play it! That's what record store day is all about, really!
    Post edited by chrisdrake88 on
  • Options
    nickhenickhe Scotland Posts: 18
    RNDM in Black and EV No More delivered to Scotland today. I don't have the RNDM on vinyl so that's ok. Already have the EV that came with the original pressing of Into the Wild but not too disappointed, i knew it was pot luck - does seem that the European packages are not as good as those in the US, wonder if they did not want to take risks with overseas shipping for the rare vinyl?
    Glasgow 2000
    Dublin 2006
    London 2007
    Hyde Park 2010
    Manchester 1 2012
    Manchester 2 2012
    London 1 2018
    London 2 2018
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    FoxyRedLa said:

TL61540 said:

FoxyRedLa said:

Dimi did it, but had *his* auto-shipped elsewhere for a friend.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,816

FoxyRedLa said:

TL61540 said:

FoxyRedLa said:

Wait a second.

Are you telling me Dimitri received a Benny in the "Mystery Sale?"
    Is that true?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090

Mad Season Above and 2007 Xmas single

Ditto.
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 951
    Looking for Red Lightning Bolt.

If anyone got an extra and is in a particularly charitable mood, I would love to take it off your hands. Only got Mad Season Above and Xmas singles to trade but can throw in some extra cash, if interested drop me a PM.
  • Options
    jhusseyjhussey Posts: 8
    Avocado here in Newfoundland. Great score. Pumped!
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,313
    edited May 2015
    Just received a Coke Bottle Ten with a No Jeremy/Falling Down 10" in Sydney this morning. I have the single but I didn't have this version of Ten so I'm pretty happy with that! :)

This was pretty good mixture of fun, stress, frustration and expectation in the end. If they ever do another one I'll take another shot at it.
    Post edited by goldrush on
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    hobowithagrinhobowithagrin Posts: 114
    As I'm not sure if everyone follows every thread on this subject. I'll post this here too, haha.

Arrived in SK and... disappointment, as I got two things I already own. No Jeremy single and Lightning Bolt (no idea what color). Should have known, I never win the lottery. Whether I buy a scratcher for a buck or a 100 dollar ticket to a mystery vinyl lottery. Guess I'll see if HMV will take my Lightning Bolt for a store credit, haha. Win some, lose many : ) Maybe next time I'll get something I need, until then, holler if you got a PJ double and want to trade!
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,313
    goldrush said:

Just received a Coke Bottle Ten with a No Jeremy/Falling Down 10" in Sydney this morning. I have the single but I didn't have this version of Ten so I'm pretty happy with that! :)

This was pretty good mixture of fun, stress, frustration and expectation in the end. If they ever do another one I'll take another shot at it.

I've just checked the list on the first page again and the only 3 LPs I didn't already have were the red LB, coloured PJ20 and the Coke Bottle Ten. Given these odds I'm even happier with my score!

Out of interest, I would really like to try to get my hands on Sevens or a coloured PJ20. Can anyone hazard a guess at their relative value against the other PJ studio records?
    What could be viewed as a fair trade? e.g. Is Sevens worth more than a sealed No Code but less than a sealed Riot Act?
    I know that trade value is relative and depends on what the other party is looking for but I've only traded a sticker or 2 in the past so I'm pretty new to this.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    slinger256slinger256 Victoria Posts: 371
    I traded my Sevens for a Riot Act straight up
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    FoxyRedLa said:

TL61540 said:

FoxyRedLa said:

Ther was a Canadian called youngvedder on here who got one. That was the only one I knew besides me. Haven't been on here for a bit, too much work, too little time!
  • Options
    SuzyntheqSuzyntheq Posts: 48
    Orange RNDM and No Jeremy in Newcastle NSW. Orange RNDM is pretty rare yeah?
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,731
    Black lightning bolt and xmas single (crown of thorns), you win some you lose some.....

twas fun at least

• Options
    So mine made it down to New Zealand today. Coke bottle ten and 2011 xmas single which I'm pretty stoked with. I was preparing myself to receive a RNDM or tres mts, so was holding off listening to those, now thats what i'll be playing next...
    It sure has been one heck of a ride, getting up at 2am on a sunday morning and not being able to complete a transaction but finally getting it through at 3am, then the long blind wait for delivery.
    Thanks Ten Club, and also everyone who has posted their scores. It's certainly been a daily pleasure following these threads and I wouldn't hesitate for a second to participate in one of these again. : )
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,261

FoxyRedLa said:

TL61540 said:

FoxyRedLa said:

Wait a second.

Are you telling me Dimitri received a Benny in the "Mystery Sale?"
    Is that true?
    I don't think so. I think Dimi just reported in the thread that someone said on Facebook that they received a Benny (in Canada I think). Don't think he (or the person he bought for) received one.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    steinbasteinba Posts: 110
    OTOH, that would mean a Benny had found it's way to Europe. :)
  • Options
    kg162716kg162716 Posts: 567
    Another Canadian miss...Lol
    Didn't even get a PJ record.Mad Season Above and Love reign over me...
    Toronto '03, Boston '04, Halifax '05, Boston 1&2 '06, Mansfield 1&2 '08, Boston '10, Toronto 1&2 '11, Brooklyn 1&2 13, Sao Paulo '15, Brasilia '15, Belo Horizonte '15, Rio '15, Quebec '16, Fenway '1&2 16', Seattle 1 & 2 18', Quebec ‘22
  • Options
    youngvedderyoungvedder Canada Posts: 102
    TL61540 said:

FoxyRedLa said:

yes! =)

8/22/98 Barrie; 8/23/98 Detroit
    10/05/00 Toronto; 10/07/00 Detroit
    6/28/03 Toronto
    9/11/05 Kitchener; 9/13/05 Toronto; 9/19/05 Hamilton
    5/09/06 Toronto; 5/10/06 Toronto
    8/12/08 Toronto (Ed - Massey); 8/13/08 Toronto (Ed - Massey)
    8/21/09 Toronto; 10/31/09 Phili
    5/10/10 Buffalo
    9/12/11 Toronto;9/12/11 Toronto; 9/15/11 Hamilton
    10/18/14 Brooklyn
    10/16/15 Detroit
    5/10/16 Toronto; 5/12/16 Toronto
  • Options
    stoppler_pjstoppler_pj Montreal, Quebec, Canada Posts: 191
    Received two records I don't own, Tres MTS and Music For Film. Not Pearl Jam. But could of been worse by seeing what others have received. Not sure if that is worth the $100 CDN I spent, but I guess that is not the point, right? Two decent records worth the spin.
    You are obviously from the sticks if you call it a hoodie! Us sophisticated city folk call it a bunnyhug!
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    I finally received my Mystery Package. It was a full week after everyone around my area so I was getting extra anxious. I'm grateful for the opportunity and I'm really glad the 10c did this mystery sale and got all this wonderful vinyl off their warehouse shelves and into the hands of fans. I'm spinning my LP already...
    Thanks again 10c! From the crazy sale, to the anticipation, this whole thing was a blast. I'd sign up again in a heartbeat.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,990
    edited May 2015
    TL61540 said:

Received two records I don't own, Tres MTS and Music For Film. Not Pearl Jam. But could of been worse by seeing what others have received. Not sure if that is worth the $100 CDN I spent, but I guess that is not the point, right? Two decent records worth the spin.

the music for film alone should cover your cost.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,021
    Nami said:

TL61540 said:

It sure is.

Does your Tres Mts vinyl include a bonus 7" single inside?

• Options
    AMENt_TO_THATAMENt_TO_THAT Norwegia Posts: 394
    demetrios said:

Nami said:

TL61540 said:

It sure is.

Did all of them or just a few? I can't recall if mine did....
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,021

demetrios said:

Nami said:

TL61540 said:

It sure is.

I think those who pre ordered early received the 7" single. I don't see it listed in description field .. http://pearljam.com/goods/product_info.php?cPath=11_21&products_id=939

• Options
    stoppler_pjstoppler_pj Montreal, Quebec, Canada Posts: 191
    demetrios said:

demetrios said:

Nami said:

TL61540 said:

It sure is.

I think those who pre ordered early received the 7" single. I don't see it listed in description field .. http://pearljam.com/goods/product_info.php?cPath=11_21&products_id=939

Cool, i will open it up and check.

Also, just a question to throw out there, but would it be a fair trade for a blue or orange fixer for the music for film?

You are obviously from the sticks if you call it a hoodie! Us sophisticated city folk call it a bunnyhug!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Suzyntheq said:

Orange RNDM and No Jeremy in Newcastle NSW. Orange RNDM is pretty rare yeah?

I think so

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com