Options

Record Store Day Mystery Vinyl

Comments

• Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    It is going to be really interesting to see what turns up in Europe (fingers crossed it is soon). Based on the posts on the forum (in various threads) there now seem to be a mix of 'good' and 'not so good' parcels arriving, with Canada not fairing so well. However, I guess we don't know what others who don't post on here have received in both the US and Canada.... adds to the mystery.
    Have to be honest, I would like a PJ lp - so fingers crossed some of them are headed over the pond!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,093

Red Lukin said:

I'd love Riot Act on vinyl. Sealed? Where do you live? Toronto here.

Sorry, it's not sealed, but it's damn near mint. I can send you as many pix as you'd like. I live in Norway though, so shipping might be an issue.... I have done two trades recently, shipping vinyl to the US with tracking. Those were lARge packages and that cost me a pretty penny. That 7" fixer shouldn't be too bad. You just let me know. I've been looking for an Orange Fixer for some time now. Check out my thread in Lost Dogs:

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/244047/wanna-trade-your-pj-mystery-vinyl#latest

Stian
    Stian is a good person to deal with. Very cool dude. Trade the man!!!
  • Options
    steinbasteinba Posts: 110
    edited May 2015

Red Lukin said:

I'd love Riot Act on vinyl. Sealed? Where do you live? Toronto here.

Sorry, it's not sealed, but it's damn near mint. I can send you as many pix as you'd like. I live in Norway though, so shipping might be an issue.... I have done two trades recently, shipping vinyl to the US with tracking. Those were lARge packages and that cost me a pretty penny. That 7" fixer shouldn't be too bad. You just let me know. I've been looking for an Orange Fixer for some time now. Check out my thread in Lost Dogs:

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/244047/wanna-trade-your-pj-mystery-vinyl#latest

Stian
    Stian is a good person to deal with. Very cool dude. Trade the man!!!
    And if this trade doesn't happen, this fellow Norwegian is very interested in the Riot Act. :-) (Send gjerne PM hvis det er aktuelt, Stian.)
    Post edited by steinba on
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,319
    My wife got her's today! She got the worst one yet.

Black RNDM

That was it. There was no 7". 96 bucks Canadian for a black RNDM... ouch!
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    edited May 2015
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options

Red Lukin said:

I hate to complain, but again I'm disappointed by this band. I used to love everything the band did but now it's either just bad luck or they're taking advantage of us loyal fans.

In 2013 I line up in the cold for the Seattle pop up shop for 4 hours only get have the option to buy left over merch. Waste of time.

Now my wife and I each sign up for the mystery vinyl. Hers gets cancelled and I get Moonlander. It's not even PJ. And The Fixer 7", which is possibly the worst PJ song every made.

Looks like Canada got all the crap.

I also don't want to complain but I am also very disappointed in this band.

I pay $40 a year to be a member of their club and I wake up this morning to find that Mike hadn't walked and fed my dog. Stone hadn't made me breakfast. Jeff hadn't done my laundry. Matt hadn't washed and detailed my car. Boom didn't mow my lawn. And Eddie hadn't done my grocery shopping.

Damn them :anguished:

Have you seen Stone's coffee cup? I don't want him making me breakfast!
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    Zod said:

Black RNDM

That's the worst I've seen yet! Sorry, bro.

I really want a blue fixer!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Zod said:

Black RNDM

Didn't they say each person would get a LP AND a 7"?

I'd email 10C. Include order number, real name/address, all the good shipping/contact info etc.
  • Options

I love the people who received a much better package than me coming on here complaining about what they received because they aren't aware of the rarity of the color variations.

Exactly. A lot of people got shut out entirely and would love to have a package even if it is a 2011 single and RNDM.

This reminds me of Dimi's "why now u dont bitching?" thread.
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742

I love the people who received a much better package than me coming on here complaining about what they received because they aren't aware of the rarity of the color variations.

Exactly. A lot of people got shut out entirely and would love to have a package even if it is a 2011 single and RNDM.

This reminds me of Dimi's "why now u dont bitching?" thread.
    I don't think anyone who got shut out would want to pay $50 + s/h for a RNDM LP and a 2011 single.. but I get your point.

It's a fun gamble and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. There are going to be packages that are beyond great (Benny, colored PJ20, blue fixer, Lost Dogs, etc, etc) and many that are middle of the road and some that suck. It's how it goes...

I got a Uke Songs and MLB 7". Not the best by far but it was fun and worth the shot to try and strike gold. :)
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    Zod said:

Black RNDM

Disgusting....unbelievable.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    @Zod where are you located?
  • Options
    monkeewrenchmonkeewrench Posts: 946
    Zod said:

Black RNDM

That sucks. PM me your address, I'll send you guys a mystery 7".
  • Options
    GustieIIIGustieIII Posts: 231

Zod said:

Black RNDM

That's an amazing gesture, really nice to see.
    Like A Fist To The Jaw
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,473
    edited May 2015
    MedozK said:

I struck out, gave my vinyl away, and I am fine with that. I understood it was a gamble, and I would gamble again if the chance ever arose.

Nice!!!

Post edited by cutz on
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    GustieIII said:

Zod said:

Black RNDM

That's an amazing gesture, really nice to see.
    he's a good guy...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options

@Zod where are you located?

Victoria, BC
  • Options

Zod said:

Black RNDM

I appreciate the offer but I think she's going to email the 10c to let them know they forgot to toss in a 7". Hopefully they send something out.
  • Options
    monkeewrenchmonkeewrench Posts: 946
    Zod said:

Zod said:

Black RNDM

I appreciate the offer but I think she's going to email the 10c to let them know they forgot to toss in a 7". Hopefully they send something out.
    It still sucks that you have to do that. The offer still stands.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,150
    edited May 2015
    Zod said:

Black RNDM

Hope things work out, I'm sure they will. Some dude just forgot to put it in the box.
    That's kinda fucking hilarious though, lol. I mean the guy didn't have that much to think about other than to throw 1 of each size in a box. One big one small.
    Post edited by RoleModelsinBlood31 on
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

Zod said:

Black RNDM

Hope things work out, I'm sure they will. Some dude just forgot to put it in the box.
    That's kinda fucking hilarious though, lol. I mean the guy didn't have that much to think about other than to throw 1 of each size in a box. One big one small.
    Maybe he just wanted to give him one big one...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    steinbasteinba Posts: 110
    The poster I ordered from 10C on the 13th arrived yesterday (Norway), so I guess I can expect the mystery vinyl to arrive late next week. *Crossing fingers*!!!
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,728
    hsohi said:

Zod said:

Black RNDM

or merely a simple human error that will undoubtedly get fixed?
  • Options
    pdalowsky said:

hsohi said:

Zod said:

Black RNDM

Hunji.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    hsohi said:

pdalowsky said:

hsohi said:

Zod said:

Black RNDM

Hunji.
    I have no idea what that means
  • Options
    In Hindi it means ....yes.
  • Options
    hsohi said:

In Hindi it means ....yes.

ah gotcha
  • Options
    AG181974AG181974 Posts: 6
    PJ20 black & 2011 7" in Poland
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,653
    edited May 2015
    Just got mine!
    RED Lightning Bolt!!
    And No Jeremy 10".

I am very pleased. I just mentioned yesterday that I wouldn't mind too much if I got a black LB because I accidentally gave away my last complete copy. And now I get red (I have had some reds before too, but also gave three of those away, and sold one so I could get the black EV zippo). So this works out pretty perfectly! And I didn't have that single either, and love that it's a 10", since I'm not really into 7" records. :)
    I was really expecting to get black RNDM or Moonlander or something, considering what others in Western Canada have been getting (though I wouldn't have minded Moonlander too much, since I at least don't already have it), so "solving" this mystery was definitely a fun and pleasant surprise.

That said, I'm thinking about trying for a trade of the red LB in exchange for a black LB plus an original Ten or original Vs.

...... Now what? :lol:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,150
    PJ_Soul said:

Just got mine!
    RED Lightning Bolt!!
    And No Jeremy 10".

I am very pleased. I just mentioned yesterday that I wouldn't mind too much if I got a black LB because I accidentally gave away my last complete copy. And now I get red (I have had some reds before too, but also gave three of those away, and sold one so I could get the black EV zippo). So this works out pretty perfectly! And I didn't have that single either, and love that it's a 10", since I'm not really into 7" records. :)
    I was really expecting to get black RNDM or Moonlander or something, considering what others in Western Canada have been getting (though I wouldn't have minded Moonlander too much, since I at least don't already have it), so "solving" this mystery was definitely a fun and pleasant surprise.

...... Now what? :lol:

Good snag, glad you're happy!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.