RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,150
    AG181974 said:

PJ20 black & 2011 7" in Poland

Ain't no shame in that! Good snag!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    wmacsonwmacson Posts: 230

Red Lukin said:

I'd love Riot Act on vinyl. Sealed? Where do you live? Toronto here.

Sorry, it's not sealed, but it's damn near mint. I can send you as many pix as you'd like. I live in Norway though, so shipping might be an issue.... I have done two trades recently, shipping vinyl to the US with tracking. Those were lARge packages and that cost me a pretty penny. That 7" fixer shouldn't be too bad. You just let me know. I've been looking for an Orange Fixer for some time now. Check out my thread in Lost Dogs:

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/244047/wanna-trade-your-pj-mystery-vinyl#latest

Stian
    Stian is a good person to deal with. Very cool dude. Trade the man!!!
    I second that!

• Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,434
    Good stuff showing up across the pond, that's good.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,319

Zod said:

My wife got her's today! She got the worst one yet.

Black RNDM

That was it. There was no 7". 96 bucks Canadian for a black RNDM... ouch!

Hope things work out, I'm sure they will. Some dude just forgot to put it in the box.
    That's kinda fucking hilarious though, lol. I mean the guy didn't have that much to think about other than to throw 1 of each size in a box. One big one small.
    10c emailed her back and said they'd send out a 7". You were correct, they were pretty good with it.
  • Options
    Is a green 7" Amongst The Waves/The End very rare?
    Honolulu Dec 2, 2006
    Seattle Sept 21 & 22 2009
    Portland Sept 26, 2009
    Madison Square Garden May 20 & 21, 2010
    Bridge School Oct 23 & 24, 2010
    Alpine Valley - PJ20 Sept 3 & 4, 2011
    DeLuna Sept 21, 2012
    Atlanta Sept 22, 2012
    Missoula Sept 30, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    Portland Nov 29, 2013
    Spokane Nov 30, 2013
    Vancouver Dec 4, 2013
    Seattle Dec 6, 2013
    Tulsa Oct 8, 2014
    Lincoln Oct 9, 2014
    Telluride July 9, 2016
    Boston Aug 5 & 7, 2016
    Chicago 20 & 21, 2016
    New York Apr 7, 2017
    Seattle 8 & 10, 2018
    Missoula Aug 13, 2018
  • Options
    monkeewrenchmonkeewrench Posts: 946
    edited May 2015

I'm not sure how rare it is since it's not too hard to come by but it was a limited, numbered edition and I don't believe that the total run was listed on the sleeve, only the number of that particular record. Plus it was a UK only release.
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,055

slightly...can get them on ebay usually for $30-40

• Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    edited May 2015

The reason they don't reissue all of this stuff is because they want the demand to be there for their products. Right now they can sell whatever they want with a "limited" description and it will sell. Reissuing everything will flood the market and their stuff won't be as collectible. Then when their next "limited" item becomes available less people will but it.

They know their market, and most people go crazy with anything they sell, especially vinyl related. This is why people get all worked up over a colored, or numbered version of a piece of wax.

Absolutely true!!
    Post edited by front spacer on
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    wildheartswildhearts toronto Posts: 1
    I finally got mine in Canada, Random Acts and the unthought known 7"
    wild hearts can't be broken
  • Options
    vinyl boyvinyl boy Posts: 178
    Elmvale, Ontario. Just got package and it was Brad: Best Friends? And Mike McCready: music from film.
    I'm pretty happy considering what was landing around me
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,026
    mikeliska said:

I think the boxset didn't do too well because they tried to stuff ten pounds of shit in a five pound bag. All the extras are nice and things I'd like to have but not necessarily to the tune of $140, especially when you're really just interested in new copies of the two studio albums.

The problem I run into is I never know what will or wont be available and rare. I was too tempted with the box set with the live album thinking it could be the next big item and then I'd lose out. I remember when those backpacks were for sale I debated for over a day if I should get one until my room mate told me I'd regret it if I didn't. So I bought it, a day later it was sold out and within a week they were selling for $700 on eBay. If they'd make enough copies of everything, I'd never be worried about what will run out and become rare. But for the box set, most of the extra sit in the box and are kinda pointless when I could buy the albums for a lot less (minus the live one).
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,653
    edited May 2015
    mace1229 said:

mikeliska said:

I think the boxset didn't do too well because they tried to stuff ten pounds of shit in a five pound bag. All the extras are nice and things I'd like to have but not necessarily to the tune of $140, especially when you're really just interested in new copies of the two studio albums.

The problem I run into is I never know what will or wont be available and rare. I was too tempted with the box set with the live album thinking it could be the next big item and then I'd lose out. I remember when those backpacks were for sale I debated for over a day if I should get one until my room mate told me I'd regret it if I didn't. So I bought it, a day later it was sold out and within a week they were selling for $700 on eBay. If they'd make enough copies of everything, I'd never be worried about what will run out and become rare. But for the box set, most of the extra sit in the box and are kinda pointless when I could buy the albums for a lot less (minus the live one).
    My rule is to ALWAYS buy whatever PJ releases, whether I'm into it or not (luckily I almost always am into it). Better safe than sorry! I actually have a little trouble following my own advice for some reason, but my rule is definitely a good one, if only I'd stick to it, because when I still don't buy something (i.e. music for film), I end up regretting it. Except for Brad albums. I still don't buy those.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    Zod said:

Zod said:

My wife got her's today! She got the worst one yet.

Black RNDM

That was it. There was no 7". 96 bucks Canadian for a black RNDM... ouch!

Hope things work out, I'm sure they will. Some dude just forgot to put it in the box.
    That's kinda fucking hilarious though, lol. I mean the guy didn't have that much to think about other than to throw 1 of each size in a box. One big one small.
    10c emailed her back and said they'd send out a 7". You were correct, they were pretty good with it.
    10c did you right....good job 10c
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,026
    PJ_Soul said:

mace1229 said:

mikeliska said:

My rule is to ALWAYS buy whatever PJ releases, whether I'm into it or not (luckily I almost always am into it). Better safe than sorry! I actually have a little trouble following my own advice for some reason, but my rule is definitely a good one, if only I'd stick to it, because when I still don't buy something (i.e. music for film), I end up regretting it. Except for Brad albums. I still don't buy those.
    That's been my strategy too. It worked out when items didn't sell out instantly, like when Binaural and Riot Act and even Avocado were available on vinyl for a couple years. But now all the limited stuff sells right away (mystery vinyl, boxes, coke 10, PJ20, colored vinyl etc), and unfortunately I have a job and don't always get a chance to buy the rare stuff because I'm in a classroom full of kids (teacher). And lately when I do, it turns out to not be rare and is on sale 6 months later for 20% off or more. I'm not complaining about what I buy, I just know they time I decide not to purchase a box set or something, that will end up being the next Benny.
  • Options
    palm0014palm0014 Ottawa, ON Posts: 52
    edited May 2015
    Scored me a Moonlander and a Music for Film coloured here in Ottawa! No complaints here as they are two that I don't have yet!

It's been a fun ride!
    Post edited by palm0014 on
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Rare or not rare, I'm not like that. If I like something, I am bummed if I cannot get it because it is "rare". I did not get the backpack because I already have a cool one and did not jump for Sevens because it did not entice me enough. I am not jumping on EVERYTHING PJ and I think I have not regretted that yet. I saw somebody posting a picture of their two sealed Bennys on fb today and it makes me sad. There are tons of people who would love this album to spin it. And because it is "rare" there are people who hoard them for whatever reason. To each their own, yes. But why more than one? One of these two could make another music fan happy. And make a sealed vinyl enjoy the pleasures of being opened and put on the deck.
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    I do this really weird thing where I just buy the stuff I like and pass on the stuff I don't. Crazy, right?!
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,787
    edited May 2015

I do this really weird thing where I just buy the stuff I like and pass on the stuff I don't. Crazy, right?!

Rebel :wink:
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    MT132914MT132914 Posts: 188

I think those fella sheep in Pittsburgh may have been a moment of weakness

• Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    MT132914 said:

I think those fella sheep in Pittsburgh may have been a moment of weakness
    Haha...To be fair, I really did like those at the time.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,653
    edited May 2015

Rare or not rare, I'm not like that. If I like something, I am bummed if I cannot get it because it is "rare". I did not get the backpack because I already have a cool one and did not jump for Sevens because it did not entice me enough. I am not jumping on EVERYTHING PJ and I think I have not regretted that yet. I saw somebody posting a picture of their two sealed Bennys on fb today and it makes me sad. There are tons of people who would love this album to spin it. And because it is "rare" there are people who hoard them for whatever reason. To each their own, yes. But why more than one? One of these two could make another music fan happy. And make a sealed vinyl enjoy the pleasures of being opened and put on the deck.

I don't usually don't buy any other merch (I've bought a few posters, and that's about it I think), so was just talking vinyl. I should buy all PJ vinyl. Not because it's rare, but because I keep regretting not having vinyl I didn't buy! I am sick of regret, lol.
    And i get the Sevens to spin, but then traded it for something I love, but now wish I also still had Sevens... maybe my rule should be to buy two every time. ;)
    ... but FWIW, i don't buy shit i don't want.
    Does anyone buy what they don't want?? If nothing else, I want it for trade or to give away... which I think is fine. Trading and giveaways can be fun.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    LB and MLB arrived today in Tasmania Australia. Was a gamble, Lets do this again 10c.
  • Options
    I forgot about there being Red LB, was thinking I should leave sealed for now. Had trouble when I received the original black one from 10c with pops and crackles on playing and the cover being damaged inside. Decided to open and its has a beautiful red vinyl inside, TY 10C.
  • Options
    oh and weight was 2lb 4oz
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,728
    theres people out there with 5 Bennys.......the mind boggles. I understand why a collector will chase two down.....but 5???
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    pdalowsky said:

theres people out there with 5 Bennys.......the mind boggles. I understand why a collector will chase two down.....but 5???

That fact makes me pretty sad and annoyed tbh. Five copies of the same record, with no differences is utterly ridiculous for anyone to have.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    steinbasteinba Posts: 110

And make a sealed vinyl enjoy the pleasures of being opened and put on the deck.

Agreed, but I DO understand that it's a bit scary playing a $1000 vinyl record. "Ooops, I scratched it! That's $600, thank you!" ;)

That said: If I get a Benny, I'm playing it!!!

• Options
    steinbasteinba Posts: 110
    pdalowsky said:

When it's reissued and the value drops to $500, they'll pay for it! ;)

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Does anyone buy what they don't want?? If nothing else, I want it for trade or to give away... which I think is fine. Trading and giveaways can be fun.

Apparently there are people who do this! Weird as it may be... And I guess I was also talking about vinyl primarily :smile: Trading can be a lot of fun. I think I just cannot really justify for myself to buy something with the intent of trading it. It has to have a certain appeal to me, otherwise I don't wanna spend my money on it. If it turns out it was not what I was hoping for, I might trade. This is different with stickers though. I always get like five or six to give away to share with people.

And someone hoarding five Bennys is just plain disgusting. Especially if you consider how many people desperately want one. This is a mentality I cannot get my head around.
    As for the boxes, I definitely find it nice when something is available in a nicer combination. But it should always also be there in a plain version as well. Lots of bands do it like that. People chase the special editions down and if they can't find them, they still have the possibility to get a regular release without any problems. Which is nice for the people who are in it for the music rather than the value.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    steinba said:

And make a sealed vinyl enjoy the pleasures of being opened and put on the deck.

Agreed, but I DO understand that it's a bit scary playing a $1000 vinyl record. "Ooops, I scratched it! That's $600, thank you!" ;)

That said: If I get a Benny, I'm playing it!!!

I did not hesitate one moment to open and play mine. This is what I wanted it for. And I handle all my records with care, may they be from the cheapo bin or something brand-spanking new. To me, there is always just a tiny split second shortly before I open something like this where I think about it. But then I just go to town. It is a record, not a piece of jewellery or a painting.