• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    rr165892 said:

rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

rgambs said:

Temple was a 90's band for sure, but I say fuck that noise to PJ being a 90's band lol
    They are better now than they have ever been!

Not so fast daddy-o.
    What's better?The albums?The tours,? Do you really feel 20 shows a year and a 3-4 year album cycle is better.Is the music on BS better then VS?
    The music isn't better. Ten and Vs. will never be matched, by anyone!
    But the shows they put on now, however few, are Light Years ahead of the early and middle ones!
    When u say middle ones,what album timeframe u talking.I feel the 2002-3 riot act tour and the 2005 tour were exceptional.
    I wasn't at those tours, only have some boots... I love the middle albums as well, they have always been phenomenal! What's missing from the early and middle tours for me is that unpredictability we have come to expect. They could play any song at any moment... It's like magic.
    You mean like the predictability of the show opening with Pendulum?Or the 6-7 LB songs on each of the last two tours per show?Look I love PJ and I Travel to see them live.I do get a some of the treasures I seek every show and they never disappoint.But Ed really should let Matt or Stone do the Set list every now and again.I think songs like setting forth won't have to be played every show.I want more of the good stuff.thats all
    What do you hate more...ISIS or Pendulum as an opener?
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    edited April 2015
    I'm going to go with ISIS.I hate them.I want them wiped off the face of this earth.plus they have horrible taste in music.lol

As far as Pendulum goes.The song itself is kinda cool.But It's not my idea of an opener.Espescially when Ed picks two other mellow songs to follow it before cranking it up and rocking the sweet stuff.
    P is kinda like a stoner song and I think it should be in the first encore or around song 6-8.Just my opinion,but I would love Deep,Solat,Ghost,Animal as an opener
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,002
    edited April 2015
    rr165892 said:

I'm going to go with ISIS.I hate them.I want them wiped off the face of this earth.plus they have horrible taste in music.lol

As far as Pendulum goes.The song itself is kinda cool.But It's not my idea of an opener.Espescially when Ed picks two other mellow songs to follow it before cranking it up and rocking the sweet stuff.
    P is kinda like a stoner song and I think it should be in the first encore or around song 6-8.Just my opinion,but I would love Deep,Solat,Ghost,Animal as an opener

As a stoner, I resent that. As someone who just likes to bounce to the music, I couldn't agree more.

For me, I like the Release followed by Hail Hail kind of deal where the first relaxes you and has that primal energy, and the second punches you in the face with music.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

I never go in to a show saying "Man...I hope we get a Pendulum tonight".
  • Options
    benjs said:

rr165892 said:

T list
    As a stoner, I resent that. As someone who just likes to bounce to the music, I couldn't agree more.

For me, I like the Release followed by Hail Hail kind of deal where the first relaxes you and has that primal energy, and the second punches you in the face with music.
    Release is still on the White Whale list for me.I did knock Chloe Dancer and Jeremy off that list in STL in Oct.Im one of those guys who has seen Oceans 2 times and Long Road 3 times as an opener.I guess pendulum 2 times also and then some other songs which I don't recall at this moment.I think Hail,hail may have been one.
  • Options
    If they wanted open up w something off LB MYM would have been a nice hit in the face bring the energy up song.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    The songs vedder chooses to open sets with is meant to sort of warm up his voice before jumping into the songs that require some strain on the chords. He can't just jump into spin or evolution, not these days.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I like easing into the set, you know it's going to be a long night, so there's no need to rush it. Pendulum is badass, and if you eat edibles before the show, those mellow openers are just amazing.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

benjs said:

rr165892 said:

T list

Release is still on the White Whale list for me.I did knock Chloe Dancer and Jeremy off that list in STL in Oct.Im one of those guys who has seen Oceans 2 times and Long Road 3 times as an opener.I guess pendulum 2 times also and then some other songs which I don't recall at this moment.I think Hail,hail may have been one.
    I haven't seen Oceans as an opener (but during the acoustic set in Brooklyn)... Release three times, Hard to Imagine twice, Long Road three times, Sometimes, Of The Girl, and then some weird ones (Severed Hand, Unthought Known, Given to Fly, Go, Corduroy, etc). At the end of the day, without the variety, none of them would feel nearly as special to hear.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    As much as I like mellow openers, I have always thought Severed Hand or Save You would be the ultimate opener!
    Congrats on Severed Hand, was it as awesome as I imagine?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

As much as I like mellow openers, I have always thought Severed Hand or Save You would be the ultimate opener!
    Congrats on Severed Hand, was it as awesome as I imagine?

It wasn't perfect - it was the first time they'd played it live ever, but all in all - that song has so much energy, love it.

But the Corduroy -> Hail Hail at MSG in 2010 was still the best punch I can think of.

EV
  • Options
    In order of badassness:
    Release into Nothingman
    Oceans
    Pendulum in it's first performance
    Long Road
    Pendulum in it's second performance
    Pendulum in Cincy 2014
    Elderly Woman
  • Options
    badbrains said:

The songs vedder chooses to open sets with is meant to sort of warm up his voice before jumping into the songs that require some strain on the chords. He can't just jump into spin or evolution, not these days.

Then he should warm up with Cornell.SG rips your face off when the lights go down with Searching with my good eye closed.
    But then again Cornell is next level diety type vocals.lol
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

badbrains said:

Then he should warm up with Cornell.SG rips your face off when the lights go down with Searching with my good eye closed.
    100%. Cornell rips anything. Seen SG 3 times and that dude can shred. Plus his solo shows are insane to.
  • Options
    badbrains said:

rr165892 said:

badbrains said:

100%. Cornell rips anything. Seen SG 3 times and that dude can shred. Plus his solo shows are insane to.
    I hated his solo show - but yes, SG live is damn incredible. Last year's NIN and SG show and a little bit of white powder (confectioner's sugar, of course) made for one hell of a night.

EV
  • Options
    benjs said:

badbrains said:

rr165892 said:

badbrains said:

I hated his solo show - but yes, SG live is damn incredible. Last year's NIN and SG show and a little bit of white powder (confectioner's sugar, of course) made for one hell of a night.
    Agreed.
  • Options
    badbrains said:

Last year they opened with Evolution, Go, Why Go and Rearview at a number of shows so it certainly isn't a vocal strain issue.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

Last year they opened with Evolution, Go, Why Go and Rearview at a number of shows so it certainly isn't a vocal strain issue.
    Again, you know so much more then us all. How many shows in their careers did they open with those songs? It's def a warm up your chords routine. All singers do it, especially if theirs a long night ahead.
  • Options
    badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

Again, you know so much more then us all. How many shows in their careers did they open with those songs? It's def a warm up your chords routine. All singers do it, especially if theirs a long night ahead.
    The point is eddie can wail from the opener if he wants to...it ain't about vocal warm ups...that's what soundcheck and backstage prep is for...It's just how they like to set the mood.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Maybe they should bring Matt Dillion out on stage and kick it off with"Touch me I'm Dick"

Yes I watched Singles again last night.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

The point is eddie can wail from the opener if he wants to...it ain't about vocal warm ups...that's what soundcheck and backstage prep is for...It's just how they like to set the mood.
    So not true. Ask ANY singer and they'll tell u they have certain songs they pick to warm up their chords. It's a known fact but since when do facts ever relate to u.
  • Options
    badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

So not true. Ask ANY singer and they'll tell u they have certain songs they pick to warm up their chords. It's a known fact but since when do facts ever relate to u.
    I like when Eddie picks Go to warm up his cords.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

I like when Eddie picks Go to warm up his cords.
    I like when dickheads never think they're wrong and know EVERYTHING.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Quick check on pjstacker. Since 2011

105 shows
    Openers:

Go-8 times
    Evolution-4 times
    Rvm-1

13 out of 105 shows. Rest were release, pendulum, or long road.
  • Options
    badbrains said:

105 shows
    Openers:

Go-8 times
    Evolution-4 times
    Rvm-1

Apology accepted
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

105 shows
    Openers:

Go-8 times
    Evolution-4 times
    Rvm-1

Apology accepted
    For about 10% of the time? You're a fucken lost cause.
  • Options
    badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

105 shows
    Openers:

Go-8 times
    Evolution-4 times
    Rvm-1

Apology accepted
    Why don't you look at any of the setlists from Australia last year. Other then the first show (Release) Eddie pretty much went full throttle from minute one. Like I said...he can bring it without the warm up when he feels like it. Seriously...first I had to educate you on Call Me a Dog and now this? You should actually know more about the band if you're going to continue to hang out here.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

105 shows
    Openers:

Go-8 times
    Evolution-4 times
    Rvm-1

Apology accepted
    Why don't you look at any of the setlists from Australia last year. Other then the first show (Release) Eddie pretty much went full throttle from minute one. Like I said...he can bring it without the warm up when he feels like it. Seriously...first I had to educate you on Call Me a Dog and now this? You should actually know more about the band if you're going to continue to hang out here.
    Hey Einstein, did u even read my post? I said "from" 2011 105 shows. That's including last years Australia shows.

And now u know more about the band then me? Fucken to funny. I guess I should start praying to u instead of Allah. All mighty BS, being called out everywhere, ignoring questions and living in some fantasy world where he is right all the time. You can't make this shit up, unless you're BS.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    ....some peoples off-spring.

Godfather.
  • Options
    Not to sound like a dirtbag hippie, but let's try to stop noticing usernames, and keep focusing on content. Gauge content on its own merit, not the merit of the user. There are so many of us here that will help sort through the riffraff rationally, and when the shit stinks, let's just call it out as one human being would to another in person.

EV