Options

Beheaded by ISIS

Comments

• Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    rr165892 said:

Maybe they should bring Matt Dillion out on stage and kick it off with"Touch me I'm Dick"

Yes I watched Singles again last night.

Really enjoy watching it from time to time. Does make me want to crank sound track. Even now.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    callen said:

rr165892 said:

Maybe they should bring Matt Dillion out on stage and kick it off with"Touch me I'm Dick"

Yes I watched Singles again last night.

Really enjoy watching it from time to time. Does make me want to crank sound track. Even now.
    It puts a whole new perspective on garage door openers Cal lol.
    I always have Birth Ritual and Seasons and Chloe Dancer on heavy rotation.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    ...things that make you say "HAHAHAH NO SHIT !" this place great...crazy ..but great.

Godfather.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    I have been talking about this coming. Very sad.

http://www.haaretz.com/blogs/a-special-place-in-hell/1.650850
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,002
    BS44325 said:

I'm not sure what you mean when you say you've been talking about this coming. It's not anything new to see IS fighting against all people (Muslims included) in disagreement with their disturbed vision of how the world should be. What's tragic is that an already oppressed people should suffer more than the existence they've been forced into.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs said:

BS44325 said:

I'm not sure what you mean when you say you've been talking about this coming. It's not anything new to see IS fighting against all people (Muslims included) in disagreement with their disturbed vision of how the world should be. What's tragic is that an already oppressed people should suffer more than the existence they've been forced into.
    What I have been saying from minute one on these boards is that people who support Palestinian freedom should not make common cause with radical islamists. Eventually they metastasize and turn inward.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,002
    BS44325 said:

benjs said:

BS44325 said:

What I have been saying from minute one on these boards is that people who support Palestinian freedom should not make common cause with radical islamists. Eventually they metastasize and turn inward.
    I honestly don't think I've seen that in a single person in favour of Palestinian liberation here, but maybe that's because I'm on the list. It has been obvious from that same minute one that IS have been after nefarious and self-serving (and not religiously-fueled but religiously-justified) goals of domination. Maybe Hamas are no different, but I think it's pretty obvious that most of us don't wish for murderous animals to be released into Israel, rather, we think that those who retaliate violently do so out of a feeling of sheer necessity. In addition, you don't deny rights to good people to remove rights from the bad ones: how many bad people have been the beneficiaries of all sorts of aid over the years, and continue to today?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    benjs said:

BS44325 said:

benjs said:

BS44325 said:

I honestly don't think I've seen that in a single person in favour of Palestinian liberation here, but maybe that's because I'm on the list. It has been obvious from that same minute one that IS have been after nefarious and self-serving (and not religiously-fueled but religiously-justified) goals of domination. Maybe Hamas are no different, but I think it's pretty obvious that most of us don't wish for murderous animals to be released into Israel, rather, we think that those who retaliate violently do so out of a feeling of sheer necessity. In addition, you don't deny rights to good people to remove rights from the bad ones: how many bad people have been the beneficiaries of all sorts of aid over the years, and continue to today?
    Another wise post by my friend ben.
  • Options
    benjs said:

BS44325 said:

benjs said:

BS44325 said:

There are many people that support Hamas on these boards as freedom fighters. There are many people on these boards who excuse their behaviour as long as it is directed towards Israel. I have been saying for months that those views are short-sighted. I have been saying for months that you can be for a free Palestine and against Hamas at the same time. For making that argument I have been accused of "misdirection" or of endorsing every Israeli action. The radicals are currently eating the moderates and those that have encouraged the radicals have only themselves to blame.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

benjs said:

BS44325 said:

benjs said:

BS44325 said:

There are many people that support Hamas on these boards as freedom fighters. There are many people on these boards who excuse their behaviour as long as it is directed towards Israel. I have been saying for months that those views are short-sighted. I have been saying for months that you can be for a free Palestine and against Hamas at the same time. For making that argument I have been accused of "misdirection" or of endorsing every Israeli action. The radicals are currently eating the moderates and those that have encouraged the radicals have only themselves to blame.
    And you support a fucken regime bent on destroying a population and stealing all of their land. Ya, you're all high and righteous alright. The leaders of Israel are just as radical if not more radical then hamas is. And if you deny it then you're lying to yourself. Or just plan dumb.
  • Options
    badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

benjs said:

BS44325 said:

benjs said:

BS44325 said:

And you support a fucken regime bent on destroying a population and stealing all of their land. Ya, you're all high and righteous alright. The leaders of Israel are just as radical if not more radical then hamas is. And if you deny it then you're lying to yourself. Or just plan dumb.
    This is what I am talking about Benjs.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

benjs said:

BS44325 said:

benjs said:

BS44325 said:

I'm wrong? Tell me then all mighty know it all. How many people has hamas killed in the last 15 years? Now tell me how many the israeli regime has killed in the same time. And BOTH regimes were "democratically" elected.
  • Options
    badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

benjs said:

BS44325 said:

benjs said:

BS44325 said:

I'm wrong? Tell me then all mighty know it all. How many people has hamas killed in the last 15 years? Now tell me how many the israeli regime has killed in the same time. And BOTH regimes were "democratically" elected.
    Man...you keep missing my point. It is so simple. You can be for a free palestine but against Hamas. To be against Hamas is not to be against muslims as a whole. Within Hamas the worst forms of Islam rise to the top crushing all the moderates within. This spreads like a cancer that cannot be controlled. Egypt recognizes this and is acting accordingly. You can believe that Israel is a far worse regime if you want but it won't matter...you will have lost control of your movement. There will be no more Palestine to save.

Lastly, Palestinians are being slaughtered in the refugee camps right now. All summer you were outraged. Where's you outrage now? Shame on all those who only care about their fate when israel is doing the damage.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

benjs said:

BS44325 said:

benjs said:

BS44325 said:

Man...you keep missing my point. It is so simple. You can be for a free palestine but against Hamas. To be against Hamas is not to be against muslims as a whole. Within Hamas the worst forms of Islam rise to the top crushing all the moderates within. This spreads like a cancer that cannot be controlled. Egypt recognizes this and is acting accordingly. You can believe that Israel is a far worse regime if you want but it won't matter...you will have lost control of your movement. There will be no more Palestine to save.

Lastly, Palestinians are being slaughtered in the refugee camps right now. All summer you were outraged. Where's you outrage now? Shame on all those who only care about their fate when israel is doing the damage.
    Where in syria? Jesus Christ, you're comparing a civil war with an occupation? See how silly that looks? Ya shame on all of us who are against an occupation. How dare any of us care about people.
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    edited April 2015
    BS44325 said:

Terrible article for haaretz. Really circles the bowl with it's inferences, without acknowledging all the shit floating around it.
    why are there Palestinian refugees in Syria? Why does this author think the so-called left, Palestinian supporters, don't care about these people? Have people knowledgeable enough about imperialist geopolitics not been calling for the west to stop their hypocritical double standard regarding The IS? Ie: helping rebel groups in Syria while (supposedly) fighting them
    In Iraq?
    This author doesn't come out and say what the challenge is, but reading between the lines, it's pretty clear: he is asking why 'the left' doesn't request military intervention against the IS in Syria...which is hilarious when you consider the fact that most people in this broad, loose category he's put us in, are the people who support non violent solutions. The author admits that Syria is fighting the IS, but stops short of calling for us to help Assad. So obviously this is a call for unilateral action - and who does that benefit? Netanyahu said from day one that the IS will help destroy Iranian influence in the region. The left should support foreign militaries advancing to within miles of Damascus, at the precise time that the IS is gaining that ground? Of course....their proxy fighters (IS) may be closing in on victory - time to go reap the spoils of war, right?
    And who better to use as the final victims in this dog and pony bullshit, than the middle east' favourite whipping boys - the Palestinians? Get both sides of the political spectrum onboard this way. Helps with that whole right of return issue as well, right? If not part of the grand scheme to begin with, then Fucking disgusting, shameless political opportunism is what this is.
    Post edited by Drowned Out on
  • Options
    Are Obama’s Record Arms Sales to Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Egypt and Iraq Fueling Unrest in Middle East?

http://m.democracynow.org/stories/15126
    (Video in link)
    As Saudi Arabia continues U.S.-backed strikes in Yemen and Washington lifts its freeze on military to aid to Egypt, new figures show President Obama has overseen a major increase in weapons sales since taking office. The majority of weapons exports under Obama have gone to the Middle East and Persian Gulf. Saudi Arabia tops the list at $46 billion in new agreements. We are joined by William Hartung, who says that even after adjusting for inflation, "the volume of major deals concluded by the Obama administration in its first five years exceeds the amount approved by the Bush administration in its full eight years in office by nearly $30 billion. That also means that the Obama administration has approved more arms sales than any U.S. administration since World War II." Hartung is the director of the Arms and Security Project at the Center for International Policy, and author of "Prophets of War: Lockheed Martin and the Making of the Military-Industrial Complex."

More in link.

Remember when all us pesky Palestinian supporters (peaceniks in general), commented on how all these sales to middle eastern regimes would wreak havoc in the region? Remember who everyone keeps calling the main fucking country supporting the IS? Saudi Arabia. Conincidence that the biggest arms sale in history closed around the time the IS rose to power? And that SA will be a major power by the time Syria falls and Iran comes back into the crosshairs (peace deal may be is a stall tactic, yes....for the US and Israel).

I guess this is where we pick sides and condemn or support Obama, right? Fuck that. This is all part of the plan that has been established for years, spanning D and R administrations, and will continue with whomever is the next puppet leader.
    But no matter how many of these predictions come true, some will refuse to acknowledge that there is a plan - it's all just BAD planning, accidents, unforeseen circumstance, untrustworthy allies, evil evil tyrants etc. zero accountability for the arms dealers and corps pulling the strings.
  • Options
    badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

benjs said:

BS44325 said:

benjs said:

BS44325 said:

Where in syria? Jesus Christ, you're comparing a civil war with an occupation? See how silly that looks? Ya shame on all of us who are against an occupation. How dare any of us care about people.
    Palestinians being killed by Israel...important. Palestinians being killed by ISIS...not important. Got it.
  • Options

Are Obama’s Record Arms Sales to Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Egypt and Iraq Fueling Unrest in Middle East?

(Video in link)
    As Saudi Arabia continues U.S.-backed strikes in Yemen and Washington lifts its freeze on military to aid to Egypt, new figures show President Obama has overseen a major increase in weapons sales since taking office. The majority of weapons exports under Obama have gone to the Middle East and Persian Gulf. Saudi Arabia tops the list at $46 billion in new agreements. We are joined by William Hartung, who says that even after adjusting for inflation, "the volume of major deals concluded by the Obama administration in its first five years exceeds the amount approved by the Bush administration in its full eight years in office by nearly $30 billion. That also means that the Obama administration has approved more arms sales than any U.S. administration since World War II." Hartung is the director of the Arms and Security Project at the Center for International Policy, and author of "Prophets of War: Lockheed Martin and the Making of the Military-Industrial Complex."

More in link.

Remember when all us pesky Palestinian supporters (peaceniks in general), commented on how all these sales to middle eastern regimes would wreak havoc in the region? Remember who everyone keeps calling the main fucking country supporting the IS? Saudi Arabia. Conincidence that the biggest arms sale in history closed around the time the IS rose to power? And that SA will be a major power by the time Syria falls and Iran comes back into the crosshairs (peace deal may be is a stall tactic, yes....for the US and Israel).

I guess this is where we pick sides and condemn or support Obama, right? Fuck that. This is all part of the plan that has been established for years, spanning D and R administrations, and will continue with whomever is the next puppet leader.
    But no matter how many of these predictions come true, some will refuse to acknowledge that there is a plan - it's all just BAD planning, accidents, unforeseen circumstance, untrustworthy allies, evil evil tyrants etc. zero accountability for the arms dealers and corps pulling the strings.

So what is it you are arguing for?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

benjs said:

BS44325 said:

benjs said:

BS44325 said:

Palestinians being killed by Israel...important. Palestinians being killed by ISIS...not important. Got it.
    Wait, what? You're all over the fucken place. Isis is killing Palestinians? Really? Where? In Syria? Where there's a civil war going on? You're damn right Palestinians being killed by Israel is wrong 100%. That's completely different then what's going on in Syria but in your dellusional world it's the exact same thing. Keep trying man. Seems like everyone but me is ignoring you and your ridiculous posts. Maybe I should start doing the same.

Edit-and since when did you give 2 shits about any Muslims? Don't sit here and pretend you care about Palestinians being slaughtered in Syria. If you care so much about the Palestinians, maybe you can do something about it since you support that regime in Israel.
    Post edited by badbrains on
  • Options
    badbrains said:

Edit-and since when did you give 2 shits about any Muslims? Don't sit here and pretend you care about Palestinians being slaughtered in Syria. If you care so much about the Palestinians, maybe you can do something about it since you support that regime in Israel.

Like I said...fuckin disgusting political opportunism.

• Options
    BS44325 said:

(Video in link)

More in link.

Nah ah. You don't get to make this about me. How about addressing some of what I said before you ask for my plan for world peace?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Fuggit
    Post edited by Drowned Out on
  • Options

BS44325 said:

(Video in link)

More in link.

Nah ah. You don't get to make this about me. How about addressing some of what I said before you ask for my plan for world peace?
    Addressing Obama's military expenditures?
  • Options
    badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

benjs said:

BS44325 said:

benjs said:

BS44325 said:

Wait, what? You're all over the fucken place. Isis is killing Palestinians? Really? Where? In Syria? Where there's a civil war going on? You're damn right Palestinians being killed by Israel is wrong 100%. That's completely different then what's going on in Syria but in your dellusional world it's the exact same thing. Keep trying man. Seems like everyone but me is ignoring you and your ridiculous posts. Maybe I should start doing the same.

The source of the violence is different but the bodies piling up aren't. It is clear that you don't really care about the victim just the perpetrator. It is very telling.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

benjs said:

BS44325 said:

benjs said:

BS44325 said:

The source of the violence is different but the bodies piling up aren't. It is clear that you don't really care about the victim just the perpetrator. It is very telling.
    It's telling that you HATE ALL Muslims and don't give a shit about anything Muslim unless it benefits your agenda. Everyone sees it and no matter what articles you post, same shit. Muslims bad. We must bomb them all. Do you hear yourself talk? You actually want to have the option of bombing Iran on the table. Why? Why would you want to bomb them? What have they done to you all the way up in Canada? must really suck to see the shift in American politics to sort of neutral ey? Must suck your regime that's crying wolf and no ones listening ey? Maybe if they didn't cry for like 30 years straight about it, people might be inclined to listen. Again, why do you want to bomb Iran so bad?
  • Options
    badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

benjs said:

BS44325 said:

benjs said:

BS44325 said:

It's telling that you HATE ALL Muslims and don't give a shit about anything Muslim unless it benefits your agenda. Everyone sees it and no matter what articles you post, same shit. Muslims bad. We must bomb them all. Do you hear yourself talk? You actually want to have the option of bombing Iran on the table. Why? Why would you want to bomb them? What have they done to you all the way up in Canada? must really suck to see the shift in American politics to sort of neutral ey? Must suck your regime that's crying wolf and no ones listening ey? Maybe if they didn't cry for like 30 years straight about it, people might be inclined to listen. Again, why do you want to bomb Iran so bad?
    Cause they're Evil doers BB. your pretty slow buddy.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callen said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

benjs said:

BS44325 said:

benjs said:

BS44325 said:

Cause they're Evil doers BB. your pretty slow buddy.
    Must be all the weed
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

(Video in link)

More in link.

..I knew this would be broken down into a partisan comment, and even addressed that pre-emptively. This is not about Obama, nor about Dubya or any one politician. It's about foreign policy, and our role in fueling unrest in the Middle East for our own gain....which you apparently don't believe happens, because we are just reacting to Iran's unrest and supposed,possible, might happen, aggression.
  • Options

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

(Video in link)

More in link.

..I knew this would be broken down into a partisan comment, and even addressed that pre-emptively. This is not about Obama, nor about Dubya or any one politician. It's about foreign policy, and our role in fueling unrest in the Middle East for our own gain....which you apparently don't believe happens, because we are just reacting to Iran's unrest and supposed,possible, might happen, aggression.
    I believe it happens...I guess I just don't see your point. Everyone is acting in their own self-interest. The US acts for their own gain, Russia acts for their own gain, China acts for their own gain, Iran acts for their own gain, etc. This is beyond obvious.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

(Video in link)

More in link.

I believe it happens...I guess I just don't see your point. Everyone is acting in their own self-interest. The US acts for their own gain, Russia acts for their own gain, China acts for their own gain, Iran acts for their own gain, etc. This is beyond obvious.
    So you agree it's not about Freedom or security but $$$$? As our politicians are controlled by campaign contributions and corps and special interests ( thanks Supreme Court) are said contributors?