Beheaded by ISIS

Comments

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    rr165892 said:

badbrains said:

rr165892 said:

badbrains said:

Ryan, you're trying to compare abuse of a child, which is FUCKEN DISGUSTING on it's own to bombing and killing a shitload of a certain people. Sorry, can't compare. It's fucked up all around.

First,Yes it is disgusting.
    Second,You're killing me here.How can you not see the how it's the same way of justifying actions.
    So what is you're suggestion for course of action? Leave the area and do nothing is not an option.
    I'm killing you? Come on man. Here's what we can do. Seriously let the Arab nations take care of them on there own. They can handle it. But we have to seriously let them do it without us meddling like some of the hawks in our government, (mr McCain). We can't sit here and say we have to get rid of is while we're arming them at the same time. Or how about let Iran and syria handle them. Iran is already doing their thing. Assad is doing what he can all while having a civil war going on that somehow we meddled in too. See what the common theme is?
    Imo for this approach but they can't handle this by themselves.Can they?
    Is has, let's say to be generous, 60,000 fighters. We took out Iraqs 1.5 million in 1 week. So it takes Assad and Iran 1 month to do it. They can do it and are. Ryan you're a smart dude, there's other info out there besides what you/we are fed here in the states. It's crazy what we hear here and what's said out there in the world.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    badbrains said:

rr165892 said:

badbrains said:

rr165892 said:

badbrains said:

Ryan, you're trying to compare abuse of a child, which is FUCKEN DISGUSTING on it's own to bombing and killing a shitload of a certain people. Sorry, can't compare. It's fucked up all around.

Second,You're killing me here.How can you not see the how it's the same way of justifying actions.
    So what is you're suggestion for course of action? Leave the area and do nothing is not an option.
    I'm killing you? Come on man. Here's what we can do. Seriously let the Arab nations take care of them on there own. They can handle it. But we have to seriously let them do it without us meddling like some of the hawks in our government, (mr McCain). We can't sit here and say we have to get rid of is while we're arming them at the same time. Or how about let Iran and syria handle them. Iran is already doing their thing. Assad is doing what he can all while having a civil war going on that somehow we meddled in too. See what the common theme is?
    Is has, let's say to be generous, 60,000 fighters. We took out Iraqs 1.5 million in 1 week. So it takes Assad and Iran 1 month to do it. They can do it and are. Ryan you're a smart dude, there's other info out there besides what you/we are fed here in the states. It's crazy what we hear here and what's said out there in the world.
    But then what happens with the power vacuum created? There's so much wrong over there it seems like doom no matter what.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

badbrains said:

rr165892 said:

badbrains said:

rr165892 said:

badbrains said:

But then what happens with the power vacuum created? There's so much wrong over there it seems like doom no matter what.
    Good point.
  • Options
    Damned if we do, damned if we don't. Not us, we will continue to live in luxury and complain about it... Those poor children of the region, they are the ones who are damned.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,995
    edited March 2015
    rgambs said:

Damned if we do, damned if we don't. Not us, we will continue to live in luxury and complain about it... Those poor children of the region, they are the ones who are damned.

This is the horrifying and tragic reality. The suffering lives on.

On the other side of the coin, I feel unified with everyone here though because I know we're all here discussing strategies, not premises. We're all basking in the same premise, in that we want to cease the perpetuation of crimes against each other. If ever intervention is deemed necessary, I just hope that it's deemed necessary at a point where the masses (both Western and those in oppressed and/or corrupt societies) understand that we're doing this because we feel morally obligated, and not economically or financially so. And I hope we intervene BECAUSE it's morally obligatory to take care of each other, and NOT for the financial or economic gains. And I hope we fucking prove that, by not introducing corruption but ridding these parts of the world of it (which will probably come at a great expense to us, and that's acceptable and almost obligatory to me). Unfortunately, the Western world is the boy who cried wolf - acting in self-serving ways under the guise of something noble time and time again. Until the Western world can repair this image - no intervention can lead to positive actions, because it will be a fight instead of an alliance.
    Post edited by benjs on
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs said:

rgambs said:

This is the horrifying and tragic reality. The suffering lives on.

On the other side of the coin, I feel unified with everyone here though because I know we're all here discussing strategies, not premises. We're all basking in the same premise, in that we want to cease the perpetuation of crimes against each other. If ever intervention is deemed necessary, I just hope that it's deemed necessary at a point where the masses (both Western and those in oppressed and/or corrupt societies) understand that we're doing this because we feel morally obligated, and not economically or financially so. And I hope we intervene BECAUSE it's morally obligatory to take care of each other, and NOT for the financial or economic gains. And I hope we fucking prove that, by not introducing corruption but ridding these parts of the world of it (which will probably come at a great expense to us, and that's acceptable and almost obligatory to me). Unfortunately, the Western world is the boy who cried wolf - acting in self-serving ways under the guise of something noble time and time again. Until the Western world can repair this image - no intervention can lead to positive actions, because it will be a fight instead of an alliance.
    Well said!

It reminds me of the fact that we are arming our enemy because profit is what matters.
    It would be nice if we would actually use "full measures"...not just the military intervention the warhawks call for, but the full divestment of profiting off the instability in the area.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    rr165892 said:

That and something this admin said ways nothing to worry about turns into a full blown cluster fuck.

Unfortunately I'm surprised by neither.
  • Options
    I regret taking part in this stupid fucking debate... I keep receiving notifications in my participated page... is there a way I can delete this?
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

I regret taking part in this stupid fucking debate... I keep receiving notifications in my participated page... is there a way I can delete this?

Page 38 was the breaking point, eh =)

I think there's an option under "preferences".

(wave to rrivers and Juggler)
  • Options
    I guess it was the breaking point :)
    hedonist said:

Page 38 was the breaking point, eh =)

I think there's an option under "preferences".

(wave to rrivers and Juggler)
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    So the Saudis and coalition of Arab states working this. Their culture their neighbors and their lands, not ours.

As has been proving over and over again US involvement does shit. Well creates shit.

Funny how current admin is criticized for keeping us out and lessening our involvement.

So easy to hate. More constructive to understand and have empathy.

But alas we need our "you suck" and I'm special conversations within.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callen said:

So the Saudis and coalition of Arab states working this. Their culture their neighbors and their lands, not ours.

As has been proving over and over again US involvement does shit. Well creates shit.

Funny how current admin is criticized for keeping us out and lessening our involvement.

So easy to hate. More constructive to understand and have empathy.

But alas we need our "you suck" and I'm special conversations within.

True to that Callen.
  • Options
    It's hilarious, cons were shouting from the rafters about stopping ISIS and now they are criticizing Obama for aligning with Iran to fight ISIS in Tikrit. They are batshit crazy.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

It's hilarious, cons were shouting from the rafters about stopping ISIS and now they are criticizing Obama for aligning with Iran to fight ISIS in Tikrit. They are batshit crazy.

Both are different strains of radical Islam. The west should be aligned with neither.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

Both are different strains of radical Islam. The west should be aligned with neither.
    Staying out of the region is the only way to accomplish that. If we fight Iran's enemies we align with them.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

Have you ever been to Iran? How the fuck so u know they're extreme? Because some fat fuck named Limbaugh says so? Or some fat fuck who works in DC? Fuck out of here. Who's to fucken say we're not extreme because we are. Oh you're not cuz you're in Canada. And yes I know I curse a lot.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

Staying out of the region is the only way to accomplish that. If we fight Iran's enemies we align with them.
    Wrong. We align ourselves with the moderate factions that exist amongst both groups. That was how Iraq was pacified through the surge. America was the honest broker between the different groups. Once the pullout happened distrust and extremism on both sides filled the void. Obama supported the Muslim Brotherhood and ignored the Iranian Green Revolution all at the same time. Mass recipe for disaster.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

Wrong. We align ourselves with the moderate factions that exist amongst both groups. That was how Iraq was pacified through the surge. America was the honest broker between the different groups. Once the pullout happened distrust and extremism on both sides filled the void. Obama supported the Muslim Brotherhood and ignored the Iranian Green Revolution all at the same time. Mass recipe for disaster.
    Thanks for the morning laugh. Goes good with my morning wood. Hahaha
  • Options
    badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

Have you ever been to Iran? How the fuck so u know they're extreme? Because some fat fuck named Limbaugh says so? Or some fat fuck who works in DC? Fuck out of here. Who's to fucken say we're not extreme because we are. Oh you're not cuz you're in Canada. And yes I know I curse a lot.
    The Iranian regime is extreme.
    BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mikegiglio/a-message-to-america-from-a-non-iraqi-fighter-in-iraq#.as6oRDP2d

Like I said
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mikegiglio/a-message-to-america-from-a-non-iraqi-fighter-in-iraq#.as6oRDP2d

Like I said
    Like I said before, you're full of shit and stink to high heaven with bigotry. But it's all good cuz everyone sees it. Keep up the great work spreading hate. Must be strainious all that work.

Edit-that's one crazy ass sickness you have sitting around looking for articles to post bashing Muslims all the way up in canada. Keep up the good work.
    Post edited by badbrains on
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

Like I said
    Like I said before, you're full of shit and stink to high heaven with bigotry. But it's all good cuz everyone sees it. Keep up the great work spreading hate. Must be strainious all that work.

Edit-that's one crazy ass sickness you have sitting around looking for articles to post bashing Muslims all the way up in canada. Keep up the good work.
    We all get along up here. Nicest Country in the world.

http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/20150311-can-canada-teach-the-rest-of-us-to-be-nicer
    Post edited by BS44325 on
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

Like I said

We all get along up here. Nicest Country in the world.

http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/20150311-can-canada-teach-the-rest-of-us-to-be-nicer
    You of all people need to read and reread and reread that article till it fills your thick head.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    badbrains, your always the first to throw out personal attacks.."Like I said before, you're full of shit and stink to high heaven with bigotry. But it's all good cuz everyone sees it. Keep up the great work spreading hate. Must be strainious all that work. " take it easy man, the sun will rise and the new day is just a few hours away, and please give up the bigotry thing that word and racism gets used as a last act of difiance here all the time......it's almost a battle cry for some train members.......settle down ..breath...feel better yet ?

Godfather.
  • Options

badbrains, your always the first to throw out personal attacks.."Like I said before, you're full of shit and stink to high heaven with bigotry. But it's all good cuz everyone sees it. Keep up the great work spreading hate. Must be strainious all that work. " take it easy man, the sun will rise and the new day is just a few hours away, and please give up the bigotry thing that word and racism gets used as a last act of difiance here all the time......it's almost a battle cry for some train members.......settle down ..breath...feel better yet ?

Godfather.

Oh Allah, the ex-resident bigot is defending the current resident bigot. I don't need a cowboy from Ca to tell me to settle down. When someone labels me an anti-Semite or tells me I want all Israel supporters to wear a fucken yellow star, they open themselves up for fair game. And for a gung-ho American, you sure botch the English language a lot. Thanks for caring tho, I'll take your advise for a cool 30 seconds. Now I'll go and enjoy the sunny Ca weather. Yes I'm here in your state again.
  • Options
    badbrains said:

Godfather.

Oh Allah, the ex-resident bigot is defending the current resident bigot. I don't need a cowboy from Ca to tell me to settle down. When someone labels me an anti-Semite or tells me I want all Israel supporters to wear a fucken yellow star, they open themselves up for fair game. And for a gung-ho American, you sure botch the English language a lot. Thanks for caring tho, I'll take your advise for a cool 30 seconds. Now I'll go and enjoy the sunny Ca weather. Yes I'm here in your state again.
    EX-resident bigot ?????? I'm still here ! you say bigot I say proud American...now if I were in the middle east and called the locals bigots and racist how well would that go over ? ya think they might shoot me or my camel ? cowboys in the middle east don't have horses right ?
    enjoy your visit in ca. get along little doggy LOL !!!!

Godfather.

• Options

badbrains said:

Godfather.

EX-resident bigot ?????? I'm still here ! you say bigot I say proud American...now if I were in the middle east and called the locals bigots and racist how well would that go over ? ya think they might shoot me or my camel ? cowboys in the middle east don't have horses right ?

Godfather.

Arabian horses are arguably the finest horses on the planet.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

badbrains said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

good thought,thank you.

Godfather.

• Options
    edited March 2015

badbrains said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Little doggy? That's all u got? And you laugh like it's the greatest joke of all time? Here's one for you, you're the greatest joke of all time, at least in this forum. Fucken proud American can't even get his American language right. That's pretty funny. Now go run along to your ESL adult class gf. You've been missing to many classes.

Edit-hey GF, since when are Italians the native race in America?
    Post edited by badbrains on
  • Options
    rgambs said:

badbrains said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Stop it gambs, you know EVERYTHING American is the BEST. And if you say otherwise, you need to move out of this country.