Options

Beheaded by ISIS

Comments

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,003
    rr165892 said:

Iran cares about Iran and that's it.

Did you read the comments down below the article? Filled with hate and name calling and vitriol toward anything western,Israeli.People calling for a regression into submissive religious societies
    .Smfh on this nonsense.We may be part of what caused the problem in the first place but without our help that part of the world would be filled with Dictators,Religious zealots and nations that are exclusionary to half their populations.That would be happy to beat each other into the dark ages.And kill all disbelievers in the process.
    Reading those kinds of responses from people reinforce how fucked this whole thing really is.I fear that some actor in that part of the world is going to do something so horrible that a much more horrific response will be tossed back and when that happens shit happens..............

As though Iran's the only country standing up for itself exclusively... there's historical evidence to the contrary about god knows how many countries (Israel and the US inclusive).

As for the comments below the article - I only give credit and credibility to those who had the guts to post their full names or a picture. Otherwise, I think you know exactly what the anonymous Madonnas and Princes on there are: trolls. And you'll find those comments by people with pictures or full names are actually quite reasonable in what they have to say.

In literally any politically heated debate online (here included), you are bound to come across those trying to stymie any legitimate dialogue. I'm not sure why you decided not to qualify comments, prior to deciding they represent prevalent opinion in countries such as Iran.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388

how did this turn in to a "where in the world"...only 40,000 ISIS members,so what's there to worry about ? they are not in my back yard...I guess if we close our eyes it will go away right ? and on top of that everything reported is media bullshit ? all those people did not really die during ISIS attacks ?
    maybe if we burn thier flag and the koran nothing will matter after all it's only a "flag" and a "book" right ? (as some on here have said in the past)

would somebody please explain what's reall going on.

Godfather.

Gf agree we can't just close our eyes but have to do so beyond the current news cycle and think about real solutions. In my admittedly limited knowledge. feel having a perceived Christian/Western nation participating in killing in Middle East is short game and in long run creates more instability. The reason I brought up your personal affect of war was an attempt to show it's the "news' that is affecting us more than what's actually happening and our want to get them. Yesterday story was Iraqi politician saying ISIS was harvesting organs. Should one doubt this story and does this "news" benefit Iraqi politician, of course. It also helps US admin get support for US troops to intervene.

If you do have personal loss to this I apologize.

I'm very frustrated how soon we forget.

Peace
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

badbrains said:

But we put these same dictators in, and because they aren't playing by "our" rules, we create a fucken mess over there? Like Rod said, how's that project for the new American century working out for all of us? Pretty shitty no?

first off..good morning Badbrains.

and that's an excuse to burn people alive..there own countrymen ? but then again they were just Christians right ? and as I have said before it would be just fine by me if the US stayed out of this shit and let these ISIS fucks kill each other till they wipe each other out..but you can bet your last American dollar the people of that country would be asking where is the United States of America and why are they not helping us.

Godfather.

Morning GF, how's the weather out in LA? I'm about to board a plane and head over for some sun. Hearing it's gonna be nice.

Question not directed at anyone in particular, but how many innocent people did we burn with our bunker busters or smart bombs? We can't set people on fire (100,000's) and then complain when the mess we created is doing the same shit. People, plz, open your eyes and look through them as an outsider not as an American. See what's really going on.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    rr165892 said:

Iran cares about Iran and that's it.

Did you read the comments down below the article? Filled with hate and name calling and vitriol toward anything western,Israeli.People calling for a regression into submissive religious societies
    .Smfh on this nonsense.We may be part of what caused the problem in the first place but without our help that part of the world would be filled with Dictators,Religious zealots and nations that are exclusionary to half their populations.That would be happy to beat each other into the dark ages.And kill all disbelievers in the process.
    Reading those kinds of responses from people reinforce how fucked this whole thing really is.I fear that some actor in that part of the world is going to do something so horrible that a much more horrific response will be tossed back and when that happens shit happens..............

I'm okay with Iran caring for Iran. Now if the Saudi ' cared a bit more and Kuwaiti's maybe this can be resolved without using my tax dollars and my nephew not needing to fight in this battle.

Funny how some hate the people in Middle East yet have no problem subsidizing them Billions with a B to fight their wars.

Not directed at you RR
    Post edited by callen on
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

But we put these same dictators in, and because they aren't playing by "our" rules, we create a fucken mess over there? Like Rod said, how's that project for the new American century working out for all of us? Pretty shitty no?

and that's an excuse to burn people alive..there own countrymen ? but then again they were just Christians right ? and as I have said before it would be just fine by me if the US stayed out of this shit and let these ISIS fucks kill each other till they wipe each other out..but you can bet your last American dollar the people of that country would be asking where is the United States of America and why are they not helping us.

Godfather.

Morning GF, how's the weather out in LA? I'm about to board a plane and head over for some sun. Hearing it's gonna be nice.

Question not directed at anyone in particular, but how many innocent people did we burn with our bunker busters or smart bombs? We can't set people on fire (100,000's) and then complain when the mess we created is doing the same shit. People, plz, open your eyes and look through them as an outsider not as an American. See what's really going on.
    Why did you set 100,000 people on fire, BB? Not cool.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    muskydan said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

I do not insult all muslims. I am troubled by the ones who practice the most extreme form of Islam and slaughter the moderate muslims in their midst.

Right now ISIS is merging with Boko Haram in Libya and together they are moving on Tunisia.

http://www.ansamed.info/ansamed/en/news/sections/generalnews/2015/02/18/libya-al-thani-terrorists-towards-tunisian-border_9032af27-2287-4243-92d7-c4a8189ca569.html

There are many muslims there who I feel should be protected from the slaughter. It is I who wants to actively defend the people of your faith while you prefer to just chop me down.

Let's be real, you don't give 2 shits about Muslims and don't pretend you do. I chop you down because you come on here spreading fear and hate. Listen, you may not think you do but I have a shitload of pms and emails from people who would argue differently with you. And I know, you don't give a fuck. And that's fine to.
    Listen, nobody gives a shit about your PERSONAL PM's for your all important validation other than yourself. Why do you always have to make stuff about YOU on here? Wait, don't answer that please... Not everyone agrees with you which is OK...it's called being an American. And not everyone is going to be a part of your group circle jerk, which is VERY OK.
    So you mention fear and hate.... Well I maybe going out on a limb here but I am sure many people on here felt a lot of fear and hate when They saw 21
    Egyptian Coptic Christians get their heads chopped off like I was. Along with the numerous other savage behavior towards infidels by these fundamentalist extreme Muslims.
    Maybe someday you will will stop taking stuff so personally and act like a reasonable Adult. Atleast let other people express THEIR opinion's about issues without getting your panties in a bunch. Accusing someone of hating ALL Muslims is way out of bounds on here and you know it, well atleast I hope you do. Look, nobody ain't solving shit on here and nobody is right. Listen to Juana's Addiction's, Aight no Right.... Time for sleep so I can be all fresh for my FAKE Job.
    Musky, yes the images that come out are disgusting. But we can't allow them to cloud our judgement.

As to BB yeah he is emotional on this but can sure understand why as his religion is unfairly attacked in most threads. Hell I get pissed off emotionally on all religions and I don't get all the false realities thrown at my positions

Yet I hope everyday we're able to get his perspective as yours to which I strongly disagree particularly your view of humans you are sworn to protect but another thread. I'm not in his circle jerk and expressed my thoughts of his style publicly in a post on one of these threads.

As to anyone on this board changing anything, think we can all get alternative perspectives and share with others. It's evolution baby. Slow.

Last thing we need is to lose another view point, we've lost too many already.
    Post edited by callen on
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    edited February 2015
    muskydan said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

I do not insult all muslims. I am troubled by the ones who practice the most extreme form of Islam and slaughter the moderate muslims in their midst.

Right now ISIS is merging with Boko Haram in Libya and together they are moving on Tunisia.

http://www.ansamed.info/ansamed/en/news/sections/generalnews/2015/02/18/libya-al-thani-terrorists-towards-tunisian-border_9032af27-2287-4243-92d7-c4a8189ca569.html

There are many muslims there who I feel should be protected from the slaughter. It is I who wants to actively defend the people of your faith while you prefer to just chop me down.

Let's be real, you don't give 2 shits about Muslims and don't pretend you do. I chop you down because you come on here spreading fear and hate. Listen, you may not think you do but I have a shitload of pms and emails from people who would argue differently with you. And I know, you don't give a fuck. And that's fine to.
    Listen, nobody gives a shit about your PERSONAL PM's for your all important validation other than yourself. Why do you always have to make stuff about YOU on here? Wait, don't answer that please... Not everyone agrees with you which is OK...it's called being an American. And not everyone is going to be a part of your group circle jerk, which is VERY OK.
    So you mention fear and hate.... Well I maybe going out on a limb here but I am sure many people on here felt a lot of fear and hate when They saw 21
    Egyptian Coptic Christians get their heads chopped off like I was. Along with the numerous other savage behavior towards infidels by these fundamentalist extreme Muslims.
    Maybe someday you will will stop taking stuff so personally and act like a reasonable Adult. Atleast let other people express THEIR opinion's about issues without getting your panties in a bunch. Accusing someone of hating ALL Muslims is way out of bounds on here and you know it, well atleast I hope you do. Look, nobody ain't solving shit on here and nobody is right. Listen to Juana's Addiction's, Aight no Right.... Time for sleep so I can be all fresh for my FAKE Job.
    Wow, how did I miss this post? I'm gonna think of a great response for you. Enjoy your day "playing" cops and robbers in your "head" fake cop. Oh wait, fake bigot cop, that's more like it.
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    badbrains said:

muskydan said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

Wow, how did I miss this post? I'm gonna think of a great response for you. Enjoy your day "playing" cops and robbers in your "head" fake cop. Oh wait, fake bigot cop, that's more like it.
    Thank you for your kind words as always..and I sure will, always do. Have a nice day Kid.
  • Options
    callen said:

muskydan said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

Musky, yes the images that come out are disgusting. But we can't allow them to cloud our judgement.

As to BB yeah he is emotional on this but can sure understand why as his religion is unfairly attacked in most threads. Hell I get pissed off emotionally on all religions and I don't get all the false realities thrown at my positions

Yet I hope everyday we're able to get his perspective as yours to which I strongly disagree particularly your view of humans you are sworn to protect but another thread. I'm not in his circle jerk and expressed my thoughts of his style publicly in a post on one of these threads.

As to anyone on this board changing anything, think we can all get alternative perspectives and share with others. It's evolution baby. Slow.

Last thing we need is to lose another view point, we've lost too many already.
    Right on, Right on, Right on Callen
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    Jason P said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

Godfather.

Why did you set 100,000 people on fire, BB? Not cool.
    difference is that we were asked to help. and we don't live from the outside we are Americans no matter if you just came or are the sons and daughters of parents that came here.

Godfather.

• Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    I feel like a broken record in this thread…..

Why does no one ever address the big-picture geo-political goals of the US/NATO/Israel in discussion of the IS?
    The Brookings Institute Memo 21. The Yinon Plan. Statements by insiders like General Wesley Clarke. PNAC. Zbig’s Grand Chessboard. How does the IS fit in with the documented plans put forward by our most influential policy makers? Is the IS detrimental to those plans, or beneficial....or a completely separate issue? I have a hard time accepting the latter, when you consider the roots of IS. Also, when speaking of the 'destabilization of Iraq', most picture this destabilization as anarchy and chaos....when in reality, we are talking about the sectarianism that has become a big socio-political issue for the people of Iraq; resulting from the invasion, and the actions of US and US-backed Iraqi forces during the occupation.
    I'm tired of people using ineptitude of predecessors and a lack of long term planning as an excuse for our actions. As if we didn't see these things coming, and didn't have a plan for when they did. Bullshit.
    We have been discussing the IS as if military action is the only way to stop them. Maybe we shouldn’t be asking who should lead the fight against IS…maybe we should be asking who is leading the IS.

badbrains said:

Godfather.

You keep coming back to these nations asking for our help. Did it ever occur to you that in some cases the people asking for help are already US puppets? Or that those who are not are being a little facetious? That they have seen the US claim humanitarian grounds for so many bloody excursions, that they want to know why THEY aren't being saved? I'm sure they're dead serious about wanting help. But I am pretty sure they don't want that help to come with the usual neoliberal conditions of subservience, debt, and privatization, and for the US alone to determine the targets and benefactors of their 'help'...unless they're in the pocket of an American already, in which case they benefit personally from those conditions.
  • Options
    well then if they don't want to pay the price then they should not ask..that's about as simple as it gets.
    and besides it always turns around to bite us in the ass anyway..."they're killing babies and women"
    or after the job is complete in thier eyes they protest and tell us to leave and start burning flags and going back to the islam thing that we are infedels, war has many costs and many ugly truths so maybe these countries should be careful what they ask for.

Godfather.
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697

well then if they don't want to pay the price then they should not ask..that's about as simple as it gets.
    and besides it always turns around to bite us in the ass anyway..."they're killing babies and women"
    or after the job is complete in thier eyes they protest and tell us to leave and start burning flags and going back to the islam thing that we are infedels, war has many costs and many ugly truths so maybe these countries should be careful what they ask for.

Godfather.

I concur .
  • Options
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/02/19/obama-says-world-should-address-grievances-that-terrorists-exploit-defends-jobs/

but uncle nobama knows how to bend over like a champ....and ask for more.

Godfather.
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    edited February 2015
    ok so....what if the people asking for help are in bed with the US already, and the conditions are part of the plan? What if asking for help has nothing to do with the will of the people? And if it always turns around to bite us....why do it? There has to be a reason, right? Care to take a shot at what those reasons are?

But more importantly....with statements like yours....how can you see your 'help' as anything but self-serving? Since when does helping someone come with a price tag, with the cost paid by those you're helping? Is your intent to help, or to be paid thugs? Makes it all pretty clear.
    Post edited by Drowned Out on
  • Options

Godfather.

I'm confused GF. So why do you support intervening if you feel they aren't grateful?

And why is US responsible for acting? What's our real interest?
  • Options

ok so....what if the people asking for help are in bed with the US already, and the conditions are part of the plan? What if asking for help has nothing to do with the will of the people? And if it always turns around to bite us....why do it? There has to be a reason, right? Care to take a shot at what those reasons are?

But more importantly....with statements like yours....how can you see your 'help' as anything but self-serving? Since when does helping someone come with a price tag, with the cost paid by those you're helping? Is your intent to help, or to be paid thugs? Makes it all pretty clear.

this is how politics and the world work...nothing is free and the US is not the only country that dose business this way, and will of the people ? I wish !..Im not saying any of this right or justifide because I don't know what happens behind closed political doors and niether do the rest of us but the outcome pops up on the news and on the internet all the time.

Godfather.

• Options
    callen said:

Godfather.

I'm confused GF. So why do you support intervening if you feel they aren't grateful?

I don't but I believe if we don't the evil tht may be happening in another country could find it's way to our country likr the 9/11 attacks did, believe me I think the whole thing sucks ass.

Godfather.

• Options

callen said:

Godfather.

I don't but I believe if we don't the evil tht may be happening in another country could find it's way to our country likr the 9/11 attacks did, believe me I think the whole thing sucks ass.

Godfather.

I think is way too late GD. They are amongst us now as we all know. I think it's only a matter of time of when and where it happens again here.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,003
    edited February 2015

this is how politics and the world work...nothing is free and the US is not the only country that dose business this way, and will of the people ? I wish !..Im not saying any of this right or justifide because I don't know what happens behind closed political doors and niether do the rest of us but the outcome pops up on the news and on the internet all the time.

Godfather.

Why is it so frightening to deviate from a status quo set up by people in power in ways to maintain and prolong their power?

What I'm referring to is "progress". Fuck politicians and their behind-closed-doors discussions: at the end of the day, while we don't have a true democracy, the people have the power in North America in ways much of the world could only dream of. If you feel that you won the lottery by being born as a WMA, why not thank the universe with the voice you've been privileged enough to possess - by using it? This way, instead of seeing the outcome of political decisions when they pop up on the news - you don't have to guess: you've made it happen.

If popular opinion dictates political action, and popular opinion is driven by the mass media which is driven by those in financial industries, who lobby to politicians to keep policy the way they like it - we have a complete cycle of inactivity. The weakest and most heartfelt link in the chain is the point where popular opinion is driven by the mass media. By seeking well-rounded opinions, sharing, engaging, teaching, debating each other - we can actively destroy the cycle and let politicians answer to people instead of businesses.
    muskydan said:

callen said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

I think is way too late GD. They are amongst us now as we all know. I think it's only a matter of time of when and where it happens again here.
    So, let's just say American interventionist forces are present in the Middle East and are able to completely abolish ISIS with no replacements but large human cost (the best case scenario you and GF seem to present), and radicals from the Middle East are already in America. Then, it would seem that those American interventionist forces are actually ensuring that the monsters perpetuate their goals exclusively on American soil. Then, since you have no problem suggesting the destruction of monsters in spite of the cost to Iraqi, Iranian, Syrian human life - will you be prepared to support the destruction of monsters in spite of the cost to American human life?
    Post edited by benjs on
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options

callen said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

K. Respect and thanks for response.
  • Options
    muskydan said:

callen said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Come on Dan the risks of you getting hurt my Muslim extremist is soooo low. Better chance if lightning strike. Perspective.

Now there will be more and more of we continue bombing the Middle East.
  • Options
    callen said:

muskydan said:

callen said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Come on Dan the risks of you getting hurt my Muslim extremist is soooo low. Better chance if lightning strike. Perspective.

Cal,while I agree the chances of Being the victim to Islamic fundamentalist terror are very low for those that don't travel abroad.I also agree with Dan ,that I too believe there are followers already embedded within our population.To think otherwise is just naive.We saw fundamentalists like the idiot brothers from Boston who blew up the Explosives at the Marathon go abroad and bring back the violence with them.Im sure there are others here.If they get a large enough body count when they strike(not if) You will see some serious backlash.
  • Options
    callen said:

muskydan said:

callen said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

I wish man...With my profession working in a big city, being recently reassigned to the most high profile area of the city my team gets briefed almost everyday day of all the terrorist threats that come in. It's fucking shocking stuff. Not many things scare me anymore, but my ass puckers up everytime when a suspicious package call comes in or when we get photo handouts from intelligence of suspected terrorists/sympathizes in town and be on the lookout for them downtown. Just had a long briefing today with King Obama in town for a dedication. But you are right with most people who don't live in a urban area not having much to worry about. I do and it SUX!!!
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    edited February 2015
    muskydan said:

callen said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

This reminds me of that time when we were all warned repeatedly to keep our heads on a swivel, that race riots were going to sweep across the nation and ignite a race war. Good thing we all kept our heads on swivels because those nation-wide race riots and the ensuing race war that DIDN'T happen would have been really nasty...
    Good thing some of us that think we are "smarter than everyone else in the room" were right that there was never much more than media hype and racist posturing!

Something smells familiar here...
    Post edited by rgambs on
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

muskydan said:

callen said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

This reminds me of that time when we were all warned repeatedly to keep our heads on a swivel, that race riots were going to sweep across the nation and ignite a race war. Good thing we all kept our heads on swivels because those nation-wide race riots and the ensuing race war that DIDN'T happen would have been really nasty...
    Good thing some of us that think we are "smarter than everyone else in the room" were right that there was never much more than media hype and racist posturing!

Damn dude.Would you have that baby already.There was a good baby shit joke in that last statement.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

muskydan said:

callen said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

There were loads of hate crimes committed all over the country in response of those 2 upstanding citizens that just didn't know how to behave like a civilized human. The nonsense will start to pick up again this Spring with warmer weather as it always does. If I remember correctly you live in the sticks of Amish country, so most of these safety issues most likely will not effect your way of life, but in the urban setting its something any urbanite should to be aware of. But hey, thats just my opinion and advice.
    And good on you for reminding the group of having their heads on a swivel. Its really just common sense…Don't be where you are not supposed to be.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    rr165892 said:

rgambs said:

muskydan said:

callen said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Damn dude.Would you have that baby already.There was a good baby shit joke in that last statement.
    Hahaha beginning of April I'll be singing, ooh ooh that smell! Cant you smell that smell?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    muskydan said:

callen said:

muskydan said:

callen said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

I wish man...With my profession working in a big city, being recently reassigned to the most high profile area of the city my team gets briefed almost everyday day of all the terrorist threats that come in. It's fucking shocking stuff. Not many things scare me anymore, but my ass puckers up everytime when a suspicious package call comes in or when we get photo handouts from intelligence of suspected terrorists/sympathizes in town and be on the lookout for them downtown. Just had a long briefing today with King Obama in town for a dedication. But you are right with most people who don't live in a urban area not having much to worry about. I do and it SUX!!!
    Dan sure you do get lots of briefings and so glad you guys are getting all the info and working to keep us safe. That said in a tough inner city percent of murders to terrorism will be extremely small. Point of my initial statement was concerning impact of US involvement in Middle East.

Threads evolve.
    Post edited by callen on
  • Options
    MoonpigMoonpig Posts: 659

Godfather.

GF giving advice on how the world works?? I must have been gone for a very very long time.

Crimes against humanity work both ways, Decimating a village with high incinderay explosives, dropped from an F16 and beheading, or shooting groups of people with hands tied behind their back has the same result on the local population.

This notion that America is there to somehow help is delusional at best, at worst, downright deceitful. These events are not localised, but are the result of the mess that has been created over there, and to be fair, the apathy of many Americans.

But go on thinking Muslims are all blood thirsty head choppers, I'm sure there are many young children of Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, Pakistan etc... might have the same opinion of your armed forces.