Options

Beheaded by ISIS

Comments

• Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388

callen said:

callen said:

Gents: Agree ISIS seems to be shooting themselves in the foot. Don't think ideology can be wiped out though. Do you both agree we should let Jordan and Egypt handle? What's benefit of US joining?

yes I agree the US should stay away but given the damage and lives isis has done to the US and every place else maybe this is our opertunity to settle up and eliminate an on-going problem.

Godfather.

GF I would counter the US has done far more damage to Middle East than they have to US/Europe. . We don't have Middle East planes strategically bombing in the US. Think about how you personably have been affected by ISIS. The only one for me is having my tax dollars spent on war rather than good schools in impoverished areas and worried about those kids now breaking into my car/home.
    how I've been personally affected......well I'd rather not go into that because everybody has a complaint about this ISIS topic and mine would just be another one, but since you mentioned the US bombing raids I believe that when we do that it in defense for another country or rebel group of some sort and what do you think might happen if the US just backed away from all middle eastern squables ? as much as I 'd like to see that we can't, groups like ISIS have beeen around for years and they attack people for things as small as a cartoons and beside who does everybody call on for help when they get thier nuts in vice ? with our pretty much open boarder policy comes a lote of bullshit that leeds to military attacks at some point somewhere in the world..people come here and protest the evils of the country they left and want and expect US military action but want to stay here where they are safe for the most part and scream over the fense...you know my answer to that.

Godfather.

GF I have no problem protecting our country and using any means necessary. This us different then having a hightened fear of these idiots. The US should support those countries but short of sending our pl
    BS44325 said:

ISIS is determining who and who isn't a muslim right now. Moderates are being slaughtered while the west twiddles it's thumbs. Egypt, Jordan and UAE are conducting airstrikes but they are not putting troops on the ground. ISIS assaulted Irbil yesterday. They are not intimidated by the airstrikes. Italy is actually concerend that they will be invaded from Libya. If we don't remove the cancer it will spread. There will be no moderate muslims left. The good intentions of this board notwithstanding.

You know only what the "news" is feeding you. So you may not know much. As I. You have NO chance of being hurt by ISIS. Context BS. Turn off electronics and go smell some fresh air.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    A force of 40,000 soldiers. Again, Iraq had over 1.5 million and we finished them in 1 week. Mite take more then 1 week if we allow the Arab or Muslim world take care of them, but they can. And should
  • Options
    And Ben, I end up feeling dumb after reading your posts. But in a good way. Sorry, been burning some greens. Makes me realize how much more I need to learn my friend. Hope that makes sense haha
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    "You know only what the "news" is feeding you. So you may not know much. As I. You have NO chance of being hurt by ISIS. Context BS. Turn off electronics and go smell some fresh air."

Denial. River. Egypt. I think my problem is that I am too well informed. I wish I could go back living in The Matrix. Life would be so much easier.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

"You know only what the "news" is feeding you. So you may not know much. As I. You have NO chance of being hurt by ISIS. Context BS. Turn off electronics and go smell some fresh air."

Denial. River. Egypt. I think my problem is that I am too well informed. I wish I could go back living in The Matrix. Life would be so much easier.

But you are living in the matrix mr "too well informed."
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    edited February 2015
    BS44325 said:

Great post benjs. I guess my response would be whatever it is that al-baghdadi is trying to accomplish would it not make sense for someone/us/choose your opposing force to demonstrate that he has no power to give? I think people are downplaying the "victories" that he is presenting to his growing number of followers. It will take a more significant defeat of his forces and a significant roll back of his territory to reveal him as the false prophet we know him to be.

I couldn't agree more that someone needs to demonstrate that al-Baghdadi has no power to give (I'm not in favour of murderous rampages against innocents), I simply don't think the US are the right ones to intervene, as I could see it perpetuating further extremism after the dissolution of ISIS. We're seeing promising signs with Jordan and Egypt drawing the line, and saying "this ends now", and hard as it is to sit idly by, when the regional (not Muslim - but regional) bodies start to recognize their local cancers, they ought to be the ones to snuff them out. Give the region the right to govern their own issues, and they will take ownership of abolishing radicalism. It will be slower than American forces, undoubtedly, but this is a long-term investment in stability. Then, when stability is returned, in light of human rights violations, we in the Western world ought to speak with our spending dollars and produce trade embargo until rights are universal. If the almighty dollar rules all, may as well let it produce something positive for the world.
    badbrains said:

And Ben, I end up feeling dumb after reading your posts. But in a good way. Sorry, been burning some greens. Makes me realize how much more I need to learn my friend. Hope that makes sense haha

Sorry, man! Last thing I want to do is make anyone here feel dumb - I learn new things from you and everyone on here constantly.
    Post edited by benjs on
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    badbrains said:

A force of 40,000 soldiers. Again, Iraq had over 1.5 million and we finished them in 1 week. Mite take more then 1 week if we allow the Arab or Muslim world take care of them, but they can. And should

If 40,000 fighters can govern a region with 8,000,000 people and are left unchecked, that 40,000 fighter number will start to grow exponentially. Especially with the tactics of fear and propaganda that they employ.

The early signs of cancer should be taken seriously.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

badbrains said:

If 40,000 fighters can govern a region with 8,000,000 people and are left unchecked, that 40,000 fighter number will start to grow exponentially. Especially with the tactics of fear and propaganda that they employ.

But if the Dr uses the wrong procedure there will be more damage. The US cannot solve this. The regional players need to step up. More death, seemingly justifiable by Americans will create more "Evildoers".
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    ISIS does not require Americans to create evil doers. They use intepretations of the koran. All they oppose are apostates be they regional opposition or American. You must understand them to defeat them.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    BS44325 said:

ISIS does not require Americans to create evil doers. They use intepretations of the koran. All they oppose are apostates be they regional opposition or American. You must understand them to defeat them.

Don't require but sure makes it easier to recruit. BS be sure to go to recruiter tomorrow and enlist. Volunteer to risk your life in battle.
    Post edited by callen on
  • Options
    callen said:

BS44325 said:

Don't require but sure makes it easier to recruit. BS be sure to go to recruiter tomorrow and enlist. Volunteer to risk your life in battle.
    He can't because I think he lives in Toronto. Correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

Interpretations
  • Options
    That's right. Greatest city in the world according to The Economist.
  • Options
    Ha. "Interpretations". The Troll Hunter is now the Paper Clip from Microsoft Word. Spell checking is such a downgrade in your duties.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    BS44325 said:

Ha. "Interpretations". The Troll Hunter is now the Paper Clip from Microsoft Word. Spell checking is such a downgrade in your duties.

Hahaha, didn't type that word cuz you spelled it wrong Einstein, I don't even know how to spell the word. I wrote it because you actually said interpretations of the Koran. Trying to be funny is DEFINITELY not your forte man. Stick to whatever it is you do in Toronto, the greatest economic city. Sorry to disappoint, but according to a few of your fellow members, I'm actually the community pitbull, which I'd gladly except that roll, troll. Hahaha

Edit-I changed my avatar as you can see in solidarity with whispiring hands. Logan came up with the idea. Doubt anyone would care to change their avatar for you if that ever happened to you.
    Post edited by badbrains on
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    edited February 2015
    callen said:

Jason P said:

badbrains said:

But if the Dr uses the wrong procedure there will be more damage. The US cannot solve this. The regional players need to step up. More death, seemingly justifiable by Americans will create more "Evildoers".
    US air strikes are chemo treatment to prevent the spread. Local doctors in the region must use education to make the tumor benign. Forever present, it shall be. Hmmmmm ....
    Post edited by Jason P on
  • Options
    If what happened to me? If I was banned for insulting the mods? Why would you be in solidarity with that?
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Someone else was banned?
  • Options
    "Someone else was banned?"

Some big trouble in the AET.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

If what happened to me? If I was banned for insulting the mods? Why would you be in solidarity with that?

Why insult the mods when you're doing a great job insulting ALL Muslims. (I know how you love my caps) and us standing in solidarity has NOTHING (again w/caps) to do with her insulting the mods but standing by someone who's done mostly NOTHING but spread good vibes and positive energy. Something you have NO IDEA about. Have a great night up there in Toronto, who knows, maybe one day your shitty hockey team might win a cup. Doubt it tho.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    BS44325 said:

"Someone else was banned?"

Some big trouble in the AET.

Shitty

• Options
    I do not insult all muslims. I am troubled by the ones who practice the most extreme form of Islam and slaughter the moderate muslims in their midst.

Right now ISIS is merging with Boko Haram in Libya and together they are moving on Tunisia.

http://www.ansamed.info/ansamed/en/news/sections/generalnews/2015/02/18/libya-al-thani-terrorists-towards-tunisian-border_9032af27-2287-4243-92d7-c4a8189ca569.html

There are many muslims there who I feel should be protected from the slaughter. It is I who wants to actively defend the people of your faith while you prefer to just chop me down.
  • Options
    Just to clarify there are many moderate muslims out there

http://www.timesofisrael.com/norwegian-muslims-volunteer-to-protect-synagogue/#ixzz3S9aDHm9d

It is not all doom and gloom.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

I do not insult all muslims. I am troubled by the ones who practice the most extreme form of Islam and slaughter the moderate muslims in their midst.

Right now ISIS is merging with Boko Haram in Libya and together they are moving on Tunisia.

http://www.ansamed.info/ansamed/en/news/sections/generalnews/2015/02/18/libya-al-thani-terrorists-towards-tunisian-border_9032af27-2287-4243-92d7-c4a8189ca569.html

There are many muslims there who I feel should be protected from the slaughter. It is I who wants to actively defend the people of your faith while you prefer to just chop me down.

Let's be real, you don't give 2 shits about Muslims and don't pretend you do. I chop you down because you come on here spreading fear and hate. Listen, you may not think you do but I have a shitload of pms and emails from people who would argue differently with you. And I know, you don't give a fuck. And that's fine to.
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

Let's be real, you don't give 2 shits about Muslims and don't pretend you do. I chop you down because you come on here spreading fear and hate. Listen, you may not think you do but I have a shitload of pms and emails from people who would argue differently with you. And I know, you don't give a fuck. And that's fine to.
    Listen, nobody gives a shit about your PERSONAL PM's for your all important validation other than yourself. Why do you always have to make stuff about YOU on here? Wait, don't answer that please... Not everyone agrees with you which is OK...it's called being an American. And not everyone is going to be a part of your group circle jerk, which is VERY OK.
    So you mention fear and hate.... Well I maybe going out on a limb here but I am sure many people on here felt a lot of fear and hate when They saw 21
    Egyptian Coptic Christians get their heads chopped off like I was. Along with the numerous other savage behavior towards infidels by these fundamentalist extreme Muslims.
    Maybe someday you will will stop taking stuff so personally and act like a reasonable Adult. Atleast let other people express THEIR opinion's about issues without getting your panties in a bunch. Accusing someone of hating ALL Muslims is way out of bounds on here and you know it, well atleast I hope you do. Look, nobody ain't solving shit on here and nobody is right. Listen to Juana's Addiction's, Aight no Right.... Time for sleep so I can be all fresh for my FAKE Job.
  • Options
    Oh boy, what's the world gonna think when they find out Iran has been fighting AGAINST Isis and actually saved bagdad from falling in their hands.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/02/tehran-fighting-isil-150217115848388.html

Taken from article:

"The Iranians were the first to step in and physically save Baghdad from falling. We're talking within 24 to 48 hours … advising, equipping and training Iraqis, and also providing analysis and intelligence," said Rubaie.

I wonder what Netanyahu is gonna tell congress next month.
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Iran cares about Iran and that's it.

Did you read the comments down below the article? Filled with hate and name calling and vitriol toward anything western,Israeli.People calling for a regression into submissive religious societies
    .Smfh on this nonsense.We may be part of what caused the problem in the first place but without our help that part of the world would be filled with Dictators,Religious zealots and nations that are exclusionary to half their populations.That would be happy to beat each other into the dark ages.And kill all disbelievers in the process.
    Reading those kinds of responses from people reinforce how fucked this whole thing really is.I fear that some actor in that part of the world is going to do something so horrible that a much more horrific response will be tossed back and when that happens shit happens..............
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    how did this turn in to a "where in the world"...only 40,000 ISIS members,so what's there to worry about ? they are not in my back yard...I guess if we close our eyes it will go away right ? and on top of that everything reported is media bullshit ? all those people did not really die during ISIS attacks ?
    maybe if we burn thier flag and the koran nothing will matter after all it's only a "flag" and a "book" right ? (as some on here have said in the past)

would somebody please explain what's reall going on.

Godfather.
  • Options
    But we put these same dictators in, and because they aren't playing by "our" rules, we create a fucken mess over there? Like Rod said, how's that project for the new American century working out for all of us? Pretty shitty no?
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    badbrains said:

But we put these same dictators in, and because they aren't playing by "our" rules, we create a fucken mess over there? Like Rod said, how's that project for the new American century working out for all of us? Pretty shitty no?

first off..good morning Badbrains.

and that's an excuse to burn people alive..there own countrymen ? but then again they were just Christians right ? and as I have said before it would be just fine by me if the US stayed out of this shit and let these ISIS fucks kill each other till they wipe each other out..but you can bet your last American dollar the people of that country would be asking where is the United States of America and why are they not helping us.

Godfather.