Options

Beheaded by ISIS

1404142434446»

Comments

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    And thirty, my bad man, didn't mean to make it confrontational. Just been having one of those days. And seeing this clown BS post dumb shit constantly doesn't seem to help. I apologize.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    badbrains said:

Badbrains...

Easy big fella.

I don't care about the personal issue you have with BS. I came to you here in the interest of conversation and you have managed to twist that genuine attempt into an assault.

If this thread has gone beyond a discussion forum and established itself as a sparring ring... then I missed the memo.

I challenge you to refer back to my posts and tell me where I wandered out of bounds. Have a nice day.

Let the Muslims in that area handle it. I've said it before, maybe you were the blind one who didn't see my post but I've said if before. Let the Muslims in that area have a legitimate chance at handling that mess. Not with us poking here and there. Shit, were arming the rebels and Isis at the same time we want to fight them? Anyone else find that strange?
    That is a fair position but this is what letting them handle it leads to:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2015/05/22/islamic-state-burned-a-woman-alive-for-not-engaging-in-an-extreme-sex-act-u-n-official-says/

This is what we are turning our backs on.
  • Options
    badbrains said:

And thirty, my bad man, didn't mean to make it confrontational. Just been having one of those days. And seeing this clown BS post dumb shit constantly doesn't seem to help. I apologize.

Hey. No big deal.

I understand how emotional these topics get you.

Understand that from my perspective it's really hard to watch these types of events unfold without feeling really shitty about them. Your response is likely the best course of action... with no great course of action to choose from. The events are just hard to behold.

* If it makes you feel a bit better... I had a spill on my mountain bike today. Scabs, bruises, and a loss of courage have me a little pissy too. Fuks sakes. To top it off... I've been killing time trying to motivate myself to finish painting our stairs. I just want to watch baseball.

Life's tough, eh?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

badbrains said:

Hey. No big deal.

Understand that from my perspective it's really hard to watch these types of events unfold without feeling really shitty about them. Your response is likely the best course of action... with no great course of action to choose from. The events are just hard to behold.

* If it makes you feel a bit better... I had a spill on my mountain bike today. Scabs, bruises, and a loss of courage have me a little pissy too. Fuks sakes. To top it off... I've been killing time trying to motivate myself to finish painting our stairs. I just want to watch baseball.

Life's tough, eh?
    I fucken absolutely hate painting and feel for you. Fuck that shit.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

Badbrains...

Easy big fella.

I don't care about the personal issue you have with BS. I came to you here in the interest of conversation and you have managed to twist that genuine attempt into an assault.

If this thread has gone beyond a discussion forum and established itself as a sparring ring... then I missed the memo.

I challenge you to refer back to my posts and tell me where I wandered out of bounds. Have a nice day.

Let the Muslims in that area handle it. I've said it before, maybe you were the blind one who didn't see my post but I've said if before. Let the Muslims in that area have a legitimate chance at handling that mess. Not with us poking here and there. Shit, were arming the rebels and Isis at the same time we want to fight them? Anyone else find that strange?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2015/05/22/islamic-state-burned-a-woman-alive-for-not-engaging-in-an-extreme-sex-act-u-n-official-says/

Articles could be posted that would evidence atrocities that our ground troops would inevitably bring to them as well, incidents of atrocity are not the property of ISIS only.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    So with the Iraqis bailing out of Rimaldi and IS getting yet another foot hold and taking another city.Do we let them advance and leave it to Muslim led regimes in the area?With no western Support.Let them head for Bagdad?

I had the good fortune of watching news from a different angle this last week.I was in Europe and only could watch Sky and BBC reports.I got to tell you ,they are way more critical of IS then the American media.I was expecting the opposite.They were very graphic and blunt.
  • Options

badbrains said:

Hey. No big deal.

Life's tough, eh?
    30b,wear those scars and scabs like a man! They make great drinking stories down the road.
    And painting does suck ass.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited May 2015
    BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

Badbrains...

Easy big fella.

Horrible stuff happens every day in all countries.

The US IS NOT THE SOLUTION WITH MORE GUNS AND BOMBS!!

You go volunteer and you send your money to fix the worlds ails.
    Post edited by callen on
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    rr165892 said:

So with the Iraqis bailing out of Rimaldi and IS getting yet another foot hold and taking another city.Do we let them advance and leave it to Muslim led regimes in the area?With no western Support.Let them head for Bagdad?

I had the good fortune of watching news from a different angle this last week.I was in Europe and only could watch Sky and BBC reports.I got to tell you ,they are way more critical of IS then the American media.I was expecting the opposite.They were very graphic and blunt.

Yes RR. We let them handle it. All the Middle East countries need to feel the threat and need to get off their asses and protect their societies.

US or other Christian Countries going onto their soil and fighting does nothing for us other than protecting corporations assets and resources. Costing again Billions of dollars and thousands of lives.

It boggles the mind that the so called conservatives are so willing to spend Billions on wars but hate that we spend millions on our freakin rail system. For jobs here. For efficient transportation here. If we took all our money pissed off in Middle East for Oil and spent it on US infrastructure we'd have kick ass rail, roads and many more jobs. Hell maybe we'd have less thugs to shoot as they'd have jobs in construction. I know it's fun to shoot baddies.

But alas when it comes to evil brown fkers, kill them all and let god sort them out. No cost is to great.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callen said:

rr165892 said:

Yes RR. We let them handle it. All the Middle East countries need to feel the threat and need to get off their asses and protect their societies.

US or other Christian Countries going onto their soil and fighting does nothing for us other than protecting corporations assets and resources. Costing again Billions of dollars and thousands of lives.

It boggles the mind that the so called conservatives are so willing to spend Billions on wars but hate that we spend millions on our freakin rail system. For jobs here. For efficient transportation here. If we took all our money pissed off in Middle East for Oil and spent it on US infrastructure we'd have kick ass rail, roads and many more jobs. Hell maybe we'd have less thugs to shoot as they'd have jobs in construction. I know it's fun to shoot baddies.

But alas when it comes to evil brown fkers, kill them all and let god sort them out. No cost is to great.
    Amen, and since when is the BBC neutral when it comes to news?
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    edited May 2015
    Has anyone reviewed the DOD and State Department documents released to judicial watch? No mention of this here?
    Can we all now agree that the U.S. and NATO have always been behind ISIS?

In plain English, from the horses mouth:

Development of the current events into proxy war: with support from Russia, China, and Iran, the regime is controlling the areas of influence along coastal territories (Tartus and Latakia), and is fiercely defending Homs, which is considered the primary transportation route in Syria. On the other hand, opposition forces are trying to control the eastern areas (Hasaka and Der Zor), adjacent to the western Iraqi provinces (Mosul and Anbar), in addition to neighboring Turkish borders. Western countries, the Gulf States and Turkey are supporting these efforts. [...]

The opposition forces will try to use the Iraqi territory as a safe haven for its forces taking advantage of the sympathy of the Iraqi border population, meanwhile trying to recruit fighters and train them on the Iraqi side, in addition to harboring refugees (Syria).

If the situation unravels there is the possibility of establishing a declared or undeclared Salafist principality in eastern Syria (Hasaka and Der Zor), and this is exactly what the supporting powers to the opposition want, in order to isolate the Syrian regime, which is considered the strategic depth of the Shia Expansion (Iraq and Iran).

Post edited by Drowned Out on
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    That's from 2012 btw. Can we drop the moderate rebel charade?
  • Options

Has anyone reviewed the DOD and State Department documents released to judicial watch? No mention of this here?

Development of the current events into proxy war: with support from Russia, China, and Iran, the regime is controlling the areas of influence along coastal territories (Tartus and Latakia), and is fiercely defending Homs, which is considered the primary transportation route in Syria. On the other hand, opposition forces are trying to control the eastern areas (Hasaka and Der Zor), adjacent to the western Iraqi provinces (Mosul and Anbar), in addition to neighboring Turkish borders. Western countries, the Gulf States and Turkey are supporting these efforts. [...]

The opposition forces will try to use the Iraqi territory as a safe haven for its forces taking advantage of the sympathy of the Iraqi border population, meanwhile trying to recruit fighters and train them on the Iraqi side, in addition to harboring refugees (Syria).

If the situation unravels there is the possibility of establishing a declared or undeclared Salafist principality in eastern Syria (Hasaka and Der Zor), and this is exactly what the supporting powers to the opposition want, in order to isolate the Syrian regime, which is considered the strategic depth of the Shia Expansion (Iraq and Iran).

I read this yesterday Drowned. Pretty crazy. Assuming it is legit I am wondering when this strategy went into effect? This ties into earlier documents released suggesting the US was "aware" of weapons being shipped from post-gaddafi Libya to the same syrian rebels. It appears that the Obama admin was enabling ISIS to take out Assad and then it spiraled out of control. You would think they would have learned something after funding the jihadists against Russia in the 80's? We all know how well that turned out.
  • Options

That's from 2012 btw. Can we drop the moderate rebel charade?

This is a follow up to that Judicial Watch report Drowned. Rand this morning seems to confirm some of it.

http://youtu.be/tUaqeoDpqsA
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    BS44325 said:

I read this yesterday Drowned. Pretty crazy. Assuming it is legit I am wondering when this strategy went into effect? This ties into earlier documents released suggesting the US was "aware" of weapons being shipped from post-gaddafi Libya to the same syrian rebels. It appears that the Obama admin was enabling ISIS to take out Assad and then it spiraled out of control. You would think they would have learned something after funding the jihadists against Russia in the 80's? We all know how well that turned out.
    Obama and McCain, let's not single out one over the other. And I believe, according to this, the U.S. knew in 2012.

http://truthinmedia.com/confirmed-secret-pentagon-report-reveals-us-created-isis-as-a-tool-in-a-proxy-war-against-assad/

Edit-as drowned out stated before, 2012
    Post edited by badbrains on
  • Options
    I do like Paul's honesty.Its a bit refreshing.

Every conflict in modern times we arm the enemy of our enemy and worry about the ramifications later.Nothing new there.Like BS referenced above with the arming of the Afganies fighting The Soviets to the "Rebel Freedom Fighters" of today to the nonsense in South America with good ole Ollie.
    You would think we learn but we don't .
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

I do like Paul's honesty.Its a bit refreshing.

Every conflict in modern times we arm the enemy of our enemy and worry about the ramifications later.Nothing new there.Like BS referenced above with the arming of the Afganies fighting The Soviets to the "Rebel Freedom Fighters" of today to the nonsense in South America with good ole Ollie.
    You would think we learn but we don't .

Unless of course this is EXACTLY what they want? Keeps the military industrial complex moving. No enemy, no war means military need is limited.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Nice to see the sane side of Paul speak once in a while.