deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    ^^ And I assume a large bill.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    RKCNDY said:

ldent42 said:

I removed the skin flap (after the potato peeling incident) and have revealed a little hole. I'd ask for some slack regarding the state of my nails since I OBVIOUSLY won't be getting them fixed until that stupid thing heals. (the process for removing a gel manicure involved soaking the nail in acetone for 10 minutes or so.)

I like the color of your polish...I may or may not be a nail polish whore...
    ty :blush: I am the same way
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Damn you are all a clumsy bunch. In a sad way I am impressed at your injuries and sad that I have nothing to share. I can't remember the last time I bit it or hurt myself. I'm either really good or not living right.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,734
    This was one of my best, happened in Wisconsin while I was there on training in 2007.

What it looked like by the time I made it back to the car

The next day in Lake Michigan

A couple of days in(it looked like this for about three weeks)
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826

This was one of my best, happened in Wisconsin while I was there on training in 2007.

Well, at least you were getting cold water on it. Think of how it might have looked without that!

I, too, have no gruesome pics to share. I guess I am just naturally graceful.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,458

cankle sighting!!!

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    OUCH!
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I have those same adiddias sandals!

The nurse at the walk in (or is it hobble in?) clinic was not happy...I should have worn regular shoes she tells me. Uhhh...my foot is like 2 sizes bigger than my shoe size, how am I gonna shove my swollen foot in a shoe? Fuckers.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    These ankle photos are bringing back memories. Too bad I don't have any from my original sprain. Ironically, I also sprained the left one. That makes three of us now with left ankle sprains? The hell man lol
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    i twisted/sprained the hell out of my left foot in 3rd grade playin football during recess. torn ligaments & tendons feel wonderful. the sucker became black & blue & purple & stuff. as 19 kids tackle me, my ankle goes one way, the rest of me goes the other way. then the bell rings... everyone disappears including teachers on recess duty. im picking myself up off the ground & hobbling to the school & upstairs to the second floor where the nurse's office is located.

wore a plaster cast for 6-8 weeks maybe longer. ripe = the stink after dad cut the cast off.

i used to twist that ankle constantly. dammit that hurts
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    chadwick said:

i twisted/sprained the hell out of my left foot in 3rd grade playin football during recess. torn ligaments & tendons feel wonderful. the sucker became black & blue & purple & stuff. as 19 kids tackle me, my ankle goes one way, the rest of me goes the other way. then the bell rings... everyone disappears including teachers on recess duty. im picking myself up off the ground & hobbling to the school & upstairs to the second floor where the nurse's office is located.

wore a plaster cast for 6-8 weeks maybe longer. ripe = the stink after dad cut the cast off.

Is your dad a doctor?
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Scott you never cut off your own casts?Shit man,that's what hacksaws are really for.Once you get that itching going it's got to go.
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    rr165892 said:

Scott you never cut off your own casts?Shit man,that's what hacksaws are really for.Once you get that itching going it's got to go.

Unless your in a half body cast like I had to be.. Imagine how scary it is to see that rotary saw and the get so CLOSE!! I think I squeaked when they cut me out.. And it was so fucking cold after they cut that fucker off!! I was all gross and wrinkly everywhere.. And stunk to high heaven... Was such a trip!
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    rr165892 said:

I've never had a cast. The only time I ever broke any bones were when I crushed my hand.
  • Options
    chadwick said:

Ya I was casted the first two times I tore ligaments - one left and one right - when I was a kid. I should have been casted for the one above but seeing as I was in the States at the time and it requires your first born to get medical care I passed. They did air cast me once I got home though.
    I have seriously f'ed ankles now.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    I have air casts...notice I made that multiple? 2 white ones, one black one.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Nice, I have my own crutches but not multiple air casts that's impressive.

• Options
    RKCNDY said:

I have air casts...notice I made that multiple? 2 white ones, one black one.

I used to have two walkers....but adorned them as gag birthday gifts...some days, I wish I still had one around.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225

chadwick said:

Is your dad a doctor?
    Or did he play one on TV?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options

Well, at least you were getting cold water on it. Think of how it might have looked without that!

So, karma took a dim view of my hubris. Today I tripped at work and fell on the grass. The only injuries were to my pride and my pants, which now have a large grass stain on the left knee. Lots of amusement for everyone around so thought I'd share it here, too :smile:
  • Options

I have crutches too...I won't get rid of them because I needed them 2 times after the first time I twisted my ankle. I think it would be bad luck to get rid of them.

Crutches and an air cast apparently get you awesome parking privileges...I got handicapped parking sans handicapped placard at an unnammed outdoor venue for Ozzfest one year.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    edited June 2015

So, karma took a dim view of my hubris. Today I tripped at work and fell on the grass. The only injuries were to my pride and my pants, which now have a large grass stain on the left knee. Lots of amusement for everyone around so thought I'd share it here, too :smile:
    I'm seeing a pattern of you BC folks tripping,falling bustin shit up.What is it? The snow melts and you all can't walk on regular soil?Or you guys just drink a lot?
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

I'm seeing a pattern of you BC folks tripping,falling bustin shit up.What is it? The snow melts and you all can't walk on regular soil?Or you guys just drink a lot?
    No snow here in Victoria so it can't be that. As for the drinking....I was at work and it was 10:00am, so..... obviously "no comment" on that.
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

That made me laugh harder than I had any right to.
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Me too!!
  • Options
    this is a MOTHERF**KER!!!! on a couple of levels....yesterday, I'm minding my own business, working at the golf course....I'm a bit hungover and have a really crappy job to do....I'm over by a cart path, way way off the fairway.

without warning, a golf ball smashes into my shin...MOTHERF**KER!!!!....the shin immediately swells up, cartoon style, right before my eyes...it starts bleeding too...in a bit, a privileged golfer in a cart rolls up and asks "did I almost getcha?"...I said "no almost," pointing to my shin, "you got me." the dude proceeds to drive off...no "sorry about that," no nothing.... MOTHERF**KER!!!!

photo IMG_0527_zpsoq5e93w7.jpg

A couple of hours later, a cart pulls up and the driver asks, "did he hit you on #1?" ("he" being the passenger in his cart)...again, I say "yeah, and I've been pissed all morning because you didn't even say sorry"....I point to my leg and ask, "could I get a 'sorry' now?"....the guy says "that's an old scab" and drives off....MOTHERF**KER!!!!!! I ought to knock you out!!

P.S. I should have slipped into my crocs for the photo but I'm not sure you could have handled the sexiness.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    I took a business law class once in which we were told never to apologize in an accident even if we are at fault, because an apology is legally an admission of guilt. Or something. Basically if you hit someone, and say 'sorry' and they decide to sue you, they can use the fact that you said sorry against you. I wouldn't at all be surprised if that's why he wouldn't apologize.
  • Options
    "I noticed his grips were worn,It's my fault I should of advised him"
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    I think I'm more impressed that you got your leg up on the counter. I think I would have pulled a muscle. :lol:
  • Options
    Karma is a bitch.Im sure while he was assaulting you with his wayward drive and being an inconsiderate prick ,his wife was getting special ball driving lessons of her own from the cabana boy.