MOTHERF**KER!!!!!!

that's what I said when the ax hit my thumb! I'm a dumbass.

imagephoto IMG_0651_zps3896b5a7.jpg" />
If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
VIC 07
EV LA1 08
Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
Columbus 10
EV LA 11
Vancouver 11
Missoula 12
Portland 13, Spokane 13
St. Paul 14, Denver 14
Philly I & II, 16
Denver 22

Comments

• chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    nicely done. ouch that smarts real good. how many stitches? inside stitches or just outside stitching? some of that nail or all of it is going byebye?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    decent painkillers? don't get the percocets if you're into your beer, darn tylenol. oxycodone i believe is the ticket for no acetaminophen/tylenol

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    IwishtogodIhadn'tlookedatthat...

OUCH.
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited August 2014
    Nnnnoooooo!!!
    Will the fingertip make it? I feel really sorry for you, I hope it will heal well.
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    pain just shot through my body looking at that. ah!
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    edited August 2014
    Imalive.Sorry about your digit. It will smart for a while But I would like to now welcome you to the very exclusive missing fingers club.Now ,I realize that your commitment to full amputation fell a little short of the mark, but we welcome you with open arms and damaged fingers .you are now entitled to all rights and privileges of the rest of the members.Congrats on the hours of horrible bar,fishing and bullshit stories you will get from this unfortunate event.I hope your a righty?

I lost the tips of my right middle and pointer in 1977 when a antique solid oak hutch fell on me while I was climbing on it looking for headphones to listen to the first Boston album.Missed most of 4th grade and acquired numerous nicknames growing up due to little experience.I used to have to customize my baseball batting gloves or those two fingers in the fabric would look like bunny ears,lol.But I could throw one nasty knuckleball.
    I am kinda an expert now so PM me if you need any advice?Keep it clean!!!!Heal fast.
    Post edited by rr165892 on
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,250
    all of a sudden i don't feel to bad having suffered a heart attack damn it looks like you were on an episode of shark week ...feel better hope your thumb makes a full recovery ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    edited August 2014
    rr165892 said:

Imalive.Sorry about your digit. It will smart for a while But I would like to now welcome you to the very exclusive missing fingers club.Now ,I realize that your commitment to full amputation fell a little short of the mark, but we welcome you with open arms and damaged fingers .you are now entitled to all rights and privileges of the rest of the members.Congrats on the hours of horrible bar,fishing and bullshit stories you will get from this unfortunate event.I hope your a righty?

I lost the tips of my right middle and pointer in 1977 when a antique solid oak hutch fell on me while I was climbing on it looking for headphones to listen to the first Boston album.Missed most of 4th grade and acquired numerous nicknames growing up due to little experience.I used to have to customize my baseball batting gloves or those two fingers in the fabric would look like bunny ears,lol.But I could throw one nasty knuckleball.
    I am kinda an expert now so PM me if you need any advice?Keep it clean!!!!Heal fast.

damn it! that hurt

i know a guy who when he was a child put his fingers into one of those old fans (not sure if it was a metal fan or not) without much of a guard. gone half a ring finger. dude had more girls on his trail than you could shake a stick at.

i nearly lost my L thumb when i was a child as i was playing up in a fold out bed/couch. up in there i was somewhere until mom folded it back up & tried making the fold out bed a couch again. crunch or smashsquish or whatever it was... i can't touch my thumb & pinky tips on that hand but can on the right hand

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    OWWWWWW!
  • Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    perhaps a warning in the title of the thread? I was almost ready for dinner. Now, not so much.

Sorry about your thumb. At least it'll grow back.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    @-)
    That's fucking gross.
    I'm also sorry about your thumb. At least it wasn't the whole thing.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    DDDDDAAAAAAAAMMMMNNNN! that's rough.
    At least it's only part of the tip - heal fast :)
    Also a tip from when my dad tried to use the table saw to do this to his thumb - baby socks make the best covers for keeping it clean.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,994
    I can't believe I looked at that. Can I unsee it? (Sort of like unseeing a blue waffle...) What's the update? You don't need to post a photo, just words will be enough.
    chadwick said:

rr165892 said:

damn it! that hurt

i know a guy who when he was a child put his fingers into one of those old fans (not sure if it was a metal fan or not) without much of a guard. gone half a ring finger. dude had more girls on his trail than you could shake a stick at.

i nearly lost my L thumb when i was a child as i was playing up in a fold out bed/couch. up in there i was somewhere until mom folded it back up & tried making the fold out bed a couch again. crunch or smashsquish or whatever it was... i can't touch my thumb & pinky tips on that hand but can on the right hand
    Chad,Your buddy has the best ice breaker w/ladies ever.A story and sympathy.Thats a winner of a combo.Of course I can relate.lol
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Wtf, dude, that sux man! Hang in there
  • I just threw up in my mouth a little.
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Yikes! Thank goodness you did not sever the digit, otherwise we'd have to start calling you stumpy. ;)
    ELITIST FUK
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,348
    rr165892 said:

I'll bet your club has it's shit together more than the 10C @-) . I'm honored to join. "first Boston album" :))

let this be a lesson to all....DO NOT attempt to hold a 2x2 upright with a thumb whilst (that's for chad) attempting to cleanly split it with an ax (for firestarter). luckily I am a righty. I got seven stitches with one thru the nail. should I post more pics?

P.S. at the clinic they asked the usual questions....do you drink alcohol? yes. how much? 'bout 15 beers a day for the past two days of camping. the injury occurred first thing in the morning. hungover, perhaps. drunk, no.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I know what your feeling buddy. My left hand was crushed by a rail wheel 4 years ago. I lost the top digit on my index finger and the top 2 digits on my middle finger.

My advice to you: if there was any tendon damage, follow through with the physical therapy. If you don't, you will lose motion. If you do end up losing that digit, phantom pains are real. It is going the strangest feeling in the world to feel pain in something that isn't there.

Good luck, hope you make a full recovery.
    i would imagine what really hurt was the going through of his fingernail. tender under there like the toenails.

were you splitting kindling getting ready for the up coming fireplace/woodstove heating season or maybe backyard firepit or camping trip or hickory smoked bbq meats?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Better your thumb than your dick.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
    we need pictures of more 10c members stitched up fingers & whatnot. seems like a hit from what we can read here.

my brother sewed his nipple back together after being outside w/out a shirt on & catching his nipple ring on the fence ripping the ring out & splitting his nipple in half.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,348

Better your thumb than your dick.

true.....but that doesn't make it any easier trying to button my fly with one thumb.
    chadwick said:

we need pictures of more 10c members stitched up fingers & whatnot. seems like a hit from what we can read here.

gahhhhhh!

photo IMG_0652_zps8e7ac313.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    did they remove the smaller nail?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce

I know what your feeling buddy. My left hand was crushed by a rail wheel 4 years ago. I lost the top digit on my index finger and the top 2 digits on my middle finger.

My advice to you: if there was any tendon damage, follow through with the physical therapy. If you don't, you will lose motion. If you do end up losing that digit, phantom pains are real. It is going the strangest feeling in the world to feel pain in something that isn't there.

Good luck, hope you make a full recovery.

Last -12 your in the club! Nice work by you also.Creative.So Im basically the same but opposite hand ,top joint on both.
    The phantom pains go away.But the fingers will always hold stress and tightness.at least that's my experience.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Figures this thread is dominated by men.

Just a few minutes ago, one of our cats was running around all hopped up, and her claws got the top/side of my foot as she went by. Got me good with a nice long c-shaped cut. I whined the whole time I put Neosporin and a band-aid on the "wound".

Hi, my name is hedonist and I am a pussy :D

Seriously, you folks have my respect.
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Thanks for the pics! :-& 8-|

I have no testosterone type stories about digital injuries but several years ago I had the top of my thumb sliced off by a dermatologist to remove a very persistent wart. It hurt like hell and seemed like it took a week before I could use it normally again. I learned all about the value of having opposable thumbs. :-B

More recently, I was working in the yard and something venomous (I wish I knew what) got me on the ring finger of my right hand. Did it ever hurt. It throbbed for 2 hours and swelled up. I kept waiting for my finger to turn black and fall off. It stayed bruised and swollen for nearly a month. I'm a little afraid to work in the yard now. X_X
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    ***These pictures are graphic***

This was the first time I saw my hand after the amputations:

This was about 3 weeks later after some healing and stitch removal. I had a skin graph over what was left of the middle finger:

This was about 6 months later after i had a surgery to repair the tendons and pulleys in my ring finger and pinky as well as some scar tissue removal:
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Ouch! Hope your both right handed
    Lol. I am ambidextrous. I brushed my teeth with my left hand. It took about a week for me to brush my teeth without making my mouth bleed.