Police abuse

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,121

The cop didn't think at all about what he was about to do to think he would loose his career , i bet he would handle the situation differently he was wrong totally wrong ......

No shit.

He should have said, "Excuse me little Angel... can you pretty please leave the classroom?"

And when she replies, "Stick it up your hairy ass"... he should have slumped his shoulders and whimpered away. At least he'd still have his job.

Then.. after time... when this becomes the normal response... the morons calling foul will be on these pages saying, "What's with the chickenshit cops never dealing with these people? Come on, man... earn your money ya shitty cops."
    Or....a different scenario where the cop doesn't assault a 16 year old orphan

Why not describe it in some detail so that I can see what you mean by an alternative scenario that meets the objective that was incumbent upon the officer?
    Sure...this will be easy

1. Have the officer and someone else (teacher, principal, custodian) pick up or scoot her desk (with her in it) out to the hallway or into another classroom to have a discussion with her about proper behaviour and punishment without assaulting her.

2. Have the class move to another classroom and have a discussion with her about proper behaviour and punishment without assaulting her.

Under either scenario the child is not injured and the officer is not fired from his job.
    Scenario number 1 works. But tell me what they do when- outside the classroom- the girl still refuses to get out of her desk?

Scenario number 2 doesn't. One reason it doesn't is for the same reason I detailed above- there is no guarantee she ends her standoff with carefully constructed words. The second reason it doesn't is that you're empowering a belligerent and disruptive idiot. She had already gotten her moment of fame as the class stalled throughout the time frame that saw two school officials passively try to remove her from class.

And I still contend this was not an assault as much as it was a maneuver to meet an objective on the part of a person who was employed and directed to meet that objective. The cop was coming in to do what the school's officials could not. For the simple fact that the snot nosed girl couldn't recognize she had pushed well past the boundaries for reasonable limits of tolerance and patience... I have no sympathy for her. None. The cops are there. The gig is up. Get out of the class and take your case up in another setting... before things go badly for you.

And as I say that... this attitude I am arguing against in this very thread promotes the attitude that leads people into trouble. If half the donkeys we discussed understood that cops are there to do a job and that they didn't have any influence over how their fate was going to play out as they are issued a command... we wouldn't be discussing their misfortunes. Geezuz, man... if a cop says "Get up out of your desk and leave the class"... get the f**k out of your chair and leave the class. Exactly what good can come out of resisting such a simple request? If the cop asked her to remove her clothes and get out of the desk... okay... resist- your rights are being violated.

Why did she resist? Maybe she participates in-line discussions that demonize police and speak to civil disobedience. On the off-hand chance my son or daughter reads such nonsense... I'll remember to remind each that if a cop is asking them to do something that seems very reasonable... do it without question and live to see another day. Are some here going to tell their children to act differently?
    Dude the cop was wrong is wrong & will be wrong for ever ...
    Maybe to some.

He was assigned the task of getting her out of a classroom where other adults had already failed. He got the job done despite the fact she tried to make it difficult for him as well. If he didn't get her out... nobody was getting her out- there was nobody else to call.

Dude... cooing in her ear wasn't going to get the job done.
    Dude he should of just dragged the desk & her out to hallway and just left her there to be an example to the other students just let her sit there ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • The cop didn't think at all about what he was about to do to think he would loose his career , i bet he would handle the situation differently he was wrong totally wrong ......

No shit.

He should have said, "Excuse me little Angel... can you pretty please leave the classroom?"

And when she replies, "Stick it up your hairy ass"... he should have slumped his shoulders and whimpered away. At least he'd still have his job.

Then.. after time... when this becomes the normal response... the morons calling foul will be on these pages saying, "What's with the chickenshit cops never dealing with these people? Come on, man... earn your money ya shitty cops."

Why not describe it in some detail so that I can see what you mean by an alternative scenario that meets the objective that was incumbent upon the officer?
    Sure...this will be easy

1. Have the officer and someone else (teacher, principal, custodian) pick up or scoot her desk (with her in it) out to the hallway or into another classroom to have a discussion with her about proper behaviour and punishment without assaulting her.

2. Have the class move to another classroom and have a discussion with her about proper behaviour and punishment without assaulting her.

Under either scenario the child is not injured and the officer is not fired from his job.
    Scenario number 1 works. But tell me what they do when- outside the classroom- the girl still refuses to get out of her desk?

Scenario number 2 doesn't. One reason it doesn't is for the same reason I detailed above- there is no guarantee she ends her standoff with carefully constructed words. The second reason it doesn't is that you're empowering a belligerent and disruptive idiot. She had already gotten her moment of fame as the class stalled throughout the time frame that saw two school officials passively try to remove her from class.

And I still contend this was not an assault as much as it was a maneuver to meet an objective on the part of a person who was employed and directed to meet that objective. The cop was coming in to do what the school's officials could not. For the simple fact that the snot nosed girl couldn't recognize she had pushed well past the boundaries for reasonable limits of tolerance and patience... I have no sympathy for her. None. The cops are there. The gig is up. Get out of the class and take your case up in another setting... before things go badly for you.

And as I say that... this attitude I am arguing against in this very thread promotes the attitude that leads people into trouble. If half the donkeys we discussed understood that cops are there to do a job and that they didn't have any influence over how their fate was going to play out as they are issued a command... we wouldn't be discussing their misfortunes. Geezuz, man... if a cop says "Get up out of your desk and leave the class"... get the f**k out of your chair and leave the class. Exactly what good can come out of resisting such a simple request? If the cop asked her to remove her clothes and get out of the desk... okay... resist- your rights are being violated.

Why did she resist? Maybe she participates in-line discussions that demonize police and speak to civil disobedience. On the off-hand chance my son or daughter reads such nonsense... I'll remember to remind each that if a cop is asking them to do something that seems very reasonable... do it without question and live to see another day. Are some here going to tell their children to act differently?
    Maybe to some.

He was assigned the task of getting her out of a classroom where other adults had already failed. He got the job done despite the fact she tried to make it difficult for him as well. If he didn't get her out... nobody was getting her out- there was nobody else to call.

Dude he should of just dragged the desk & her out to hallway and just left her there to be an example to the other students just let her sit there ....
    Do you think it would be just as simple as that? She tried to hit him and scratch him in the scenario you hate so much.

Focus on the root of the problem for a fleeting moment. You're saying "he should have"... try saying " she should have". Then you get a real solution to the problem. For example: she should have gotten out of her desk and complied with the modest request of the cop to avoid trouble.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,858
    I took down a student once...true story. High school for disadvantaged youths. Kid started destroying things in the class. Had to be done. But it looked nothing like what that officer did.
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    eddiec said:

I took down a student once...true story. High school for disadvantaged youths. Kid started destroying things in the class. Had to be done. But it looked nothing like what that officer did.

This kid was sitting at a desk. Peaceful sit in.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    callen said:

eddiec said:

The kid (a 17 year old male student who was bigger than me) actually charged me. I grabbed, took him to the floor, got him onto his stomach and held him down until school security came. The kid was thrown out of the school because of his actions and nothing happened to me over it.

My point is this to you guys who want accountability: If the officer had reacted better and with less violence (I'm not saying no violence, just less), then the girl would have had to deal with said accountability. Possibly thrown out of school. Instead, he over reacts and all the focus gets put on him.
    eddiec said:

callen said:

eddiec said:

The kid (a 17 year old male student who was bigger than me) actually charged me. I grabbed, took him to the floor, got him onto his stomach and held him down until school security came. The kid was thrown out of the school because of his actions and nothing happened to me over it.

My point is this to you guys who want accountability: If the officer had reacted better and with less violence (I'm not saying no violence, just less), then the girl would have had to deal with said accountability. Possibly thrown out of school. Instead, he over reacts and all the focus gets put on him.
    Wasn't being critical. Your example showed the difference between a teen sitting in defiance and one that was destroying property.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,375
    muskydan said:

The cop didn't think at all about what he was about to do to think he would loose his career , i bet he would handle the situation differently he was wrong totally wrong ......

No shit.

Sure...this will be easy

You forgot to add butterfly's and pretty flowers in your scenario .
    no I'm sure those are decorating the cop's underwear
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana

No shit.

Sure...this will be easy

Maybe to some.

yeah because it was clear that they really needed her out of that chair

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville

No shit.

Sure...this will be easy

Maybe to some.

Do you think it would be just as simple as that? She tried to hit him and scratch him in the scenario you hate so much.

Focus on the root of the problem for a fleeting moment. You're saying "he should have"... try saying " she should have". Then you get a real solution to the problem. For example: she should have gotten out of her desk and complied with the modest request of the cop to avoid trouble.
    yes it was as simple as that he choose to get all hulk on her and proceeded to look line an ass , like his superior stated that is not regular procedure he fucked up and payed the price for it , in retrospect you tell me do you think he would handle the situation the same way ...the kid was not going to comply he should of been above that and made her look foolish ....
    Cops shouldn't be in schools. Something criminal goes down call them. They aren't trained and use different tactics. The cop was put in bad spot.
  • callen said:

Cops shouldn't be in schools. Something criminal goes down call them. They aren't trained and use different tactics. The cop was put in bad spot.

I'd agree with this.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,465
    callen said:

this will be the third time.

One of the problems with your country.

Act like an ass. Get treated like an ass. Then sue because you didn't like getting treated like an ass. And be successful!

No wonder so many people act like asses. Your courts- and some attitudes- support asses.
    So you've never been an ass? Did you have cops enforcing g rules in your school when growing up? Ever seen a teen slammed in your school. How would you feel if your daughter was in the class and witnessed this or think she may be next?!?!?
    one of my best friends in grade 6 skipped detention the day before. as soon as he walked around the corner to enter the classroom the next day (I was right there and saw the entire thing), our teacher grabbed him BY THE THROAT and lifted him off the ground, slammed him into the wall, and yelled at him about how dare he skip detention. nothing happened to the teacher.

one of my other teachers would lift us up by the earlobes if we were caught misbehaving. he'd also throw his rubber chicken at us. grade 4.

another one used to throw chalk at light speeds if he caught you talking. he said he would purposely miss, but what if he hadn't? I once threw it back in defiance. he didn't like that. he took me out of the room and calmly told me that if I did that again, it might cause others to follow suit. grade 5.

and all of these classes, we were a well-behaved bunch for the most part. this type of behaviour was just acceptable in the 80's. I knew, for the most part, to not do anything that warranted being choke-slammed.

is it just that she was treated this way? I don't know, I have yet to see the video.

and just because someone has been sued a few times for excessive force means ZERO. has he been previously found guilty of a crime? if so, fine. if not, it's not relevant.

new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

callen said:

rr165892 said:

30b,our peace loving friends here woulda brought in balloons and a bag full of big hugs to solve this issue.Maybe read her a story or tried to relax her with a soothing massage.you guys crack me up.

30b is on point.The girl was acting like a class a jack knob and being belligerent,disrupting the class.Asked by multiple people of authority to leave peacefully.If first move was violent then I could understand thinking it was heavy handed.But it was 3 people all while this stupid petulant teen deify them.

My kids wouldn't have done this either.Because they were raised correctly.
    No wonder society is so fucking charming soft.Its people like my pals here who are afraid to act accordingly.Wouldnt want the other children to see the horrible violence.(how about the message no action woulda sent?)
    You guys should be happy.This is the non lethal approach you have been asking for.Nobody ended up in the hospital.

No your peace loving friends would have found a non violent solution. Being disruptive should not equate to police confrontation.
    And as RR stated... it didn't until she wanted to push matters and insist on escalating the problem.

Allow her to hijack the class with brutal behaviour because the non violent solution had not been found? Brilliant!

I suppose they could have offered her a $50 gift card to Wal Mart? Did they try that? They tried to get her to peacefully leave the class with 3 people. I doubt another 3 would have done the trick.

Come to think of it... it was a teachable moment. If they had been thinking... they could have engaged the class in the process:
    Teacher: "Class. Claaassssss. Think about our problem here. Sally is mad and won't leave the class. We have tried to explain to her she needs to do so, but she still won't go. What do you think we could do to get her to go?"
    Johnny: "Sir. Just pull her out. I'm trying to learn the life cycle of the amoeba. I'm done watching Sally act like an ass."
    Teacher: "Now Johnny, that's not fair to sally. We're not concerned with the lesson or the rest of the students. We want sally to feel in complete control of this situation. Okay? Now how about another solution- one where sally feels like she really rocked the situation? Anyone? Anyone?"

Worth a shot anyways. I dunno.

Maybe a hypnotist? Maybe a guy like Obiwankenobi? Yes. YES! Think of it:
    Obnoxious girl: "I'm not leaving!"
    Obiwankenobi: "Yes you are. You want to leave."
    Obnoxious girl: "I'm leaving. I want to leave."

Then the teacher could continue with the lesson and the kids would refocus immediately because their minds wouldn't be thinking about the drama the obnoxious girl created and tried to revel in.
    gold, Jerry, GOLD! LOL

www.headstonesband.com

callen said:

Act like an ass. Get treated like an ass. Then sue because you didn't like getting treated like an ass. And be successful!

No wonder so many people act like asses. Your courts- and some attitudes- support asses.
    So you've never been an ass? Did you have cops enforcing g rules in your school when growing up? Ever seen a teen slammed in your school. How would you feel if your daughter was in the class and witnessed this or think she may be next?!?!?
    Funny you ask.

I was thrown through a row of desks and my teacher held me up against the chalkboard by the throat with his fist cocked at my face.

No shit.

When I got home that day with my ripped shirt and bruised body... and I told my parents... my dad never even looked up from the paper and my mother said, "Well... you must have done something."

And you know what? I did do something.

I'm not saying I deserved what I got, but I'm saying my parents weren't running to the school calling foul when I had my fair share of being an ass.

I acted like an ass and got treated like an ass.

* My daughter would never act that way. NEVER.

You make excuses for every poorly acting person in every walk of life, Callen. Can't anybody own their behaviours?
    I question your parents....I don't know anyone in my circle who wouldn't have driven to the school and called the police to report an assault.
    I did forget to add that if it is not obvious already... I was raised to own my behaviours. I pushed my teacher too far. I was an ass.

His reaction was excessive, but he wouldn't have gotten to that place if I hadn't driven him there.

People that don't want to own their behaviours typically look to defect responsibility for their actions and look past their action to focus on another's.
    you could argue that the cop claiming he had no other choice isn't owning his own behaviour, but blaming it on the girl, no?

www.headstonesband.com

callen said:

Funny you ask.

I was thrown through a row of desks and my teacher held me up against the chalkboard by the throat with his fist cocked at my face.

No shit.

When I got home that day with my ripped shirt and bruised body... and I told my parents... my dad never even looked up from the paper and my mother said, "Well... you must have done something."

I'm not saying I deserved what I got, but I'm saying my parents weren't running to the school calling foul when I had my fair share of being an ass.

You make excuses for every poorly acting person in every walk of life, Callen. Can't anybody own their behaviours?
    I question your parents....I don't know anyone in my circle who wouldn't have driven to the school and called the police to report an assault.
    I did forget to add that if it is not obvious already... I was raised to own my behaviours. I pushed my teacher too far. I was an ass.

His reaction was excessive, but he wouldn't have gotten to that place if I hadn't driven him there.

People that don't want to own their behaviours typically look to defect responsibility for their actions and look past their action to focus on another's.
    you could argue that the cop claiming he had no other choice isn't owning his own behaviour, but blaming it on the girl, no?

exactly...the cop was fired, isn't that proof enough?

• callen said:

rr165892 said:

30b,our peace loving friends here woulda brought in balloons and a bag full of big hugs to solve this issue.Maybe read her a story or tried to relax her with a soothing massage.you guys crack me up.

30b is on point.The girl was acting like a class a jack knob and being belligerent,disrupting the class.Asked by multiple people of authority to leave peacefully.If first move was violent then I could understand thinking it was heavy handed.But it was 3 people all while this stupid petulant teen deify them.

My kids wouldn't have done this either.Because they were raised correctly.
    No wonder society is so fucking charming soft.Its people like my pals here who are afraid to act accordingly.Wouldnt want the other children to see the horrible violence.(how about the message no action woulda sent?)
    You guys should be happy.This is the non lethal approach you have been asking for.Nobody ended up in the hospital.

No your peace loving friends would have found a non violent solution. Being disruptive should not equate to police confrontation.
    And as RR stated... it didn't until she wanted to push matters and insist on escalating the problem.

Allow her to hijack the class with brutal behaviour because the non violent solution had not been found? Brilliant!

I suppose they could have offered her a $50 gift card to Wal Mart? Did they try that? They tried to get her to peacefully leave the class with 3 people. I doubt another 3 would have done the trick.

Come to think of it... it was a teachable moment. If they had been thinking... they could have engaged the class in the process:
    Teacher: "Class. Claaassssss. Think about our problem here. Sally is mad and won't leave the class. We have tried to explain to her she needs to do so, but she still won't go. What do you think we could do to get her to go?"
    Johnny: "Sir. Just pull her out. I'm trying to learn the life cycle of the amoeba. I'm done watching Sally act like an ass."
    Teacher: "Now Johnny, that's not fair to sally. We're not concerned with the lesson or the rest of the students. We want sally to feel in complete control of this situation. Okay? Now how about another solution- one where sally feels like she really rocked the situation? Anyone? Anyone?"

Worth a shot anyways. I dunno.

Maybe a hypnotist? Maybe a guy like Obiwankenobi? Yes. YES! Think of it:
    Obnoxious girl: "I'm not leaving!"
    Obiwankenobi: "Yes you are. You want to leave."
    Obnoxious girl: "I'm leaving. I want to leave."

Then the teacher could continue with the lesson and the kids would refocus immediately because their minds wouldn't be thinking about the drama the obnoxious girl created and tried to revel in.
    gold, Jerry, GOLD! LOL

hahaha
  • Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited October 2015

callen said:

Funny you ask.

No shit.

I think the cop does need to own his behaviour.

This discussion ultimately comes down to what the line is for a cop dealing with a situation like this. There's obviously conflicting opinion about this.

I wouldn't have been as forceful as the cop was... but I also don't condone the girl's behaviour in the slightest. Given the choice of the two (snotty girl acting like an ass or a cop using excessive force which resulted in no injuries until after a lawyer was consulted)... I'll take the second.

With all that said... look at this incident and look at the other incident where a 66 year old woman tried to enforce a school rule and got shoved to the ground as a result. In my area... trying to take a phone guarantees a call from home criticizing the action. It's obvious trying to take phones results in problems for everyone except for the kid who insists on using it.

Just turn a blind eye people. Let the young men and women win this one. Let them play Candy Crush or text their friends instead of discussing government or anatomy. As many have said here... what's the big deal, man?
    Post edited by Thirty Bills Unpaid on

callen said:

Funny you ask.

No shit.

This discussion ultimately comes down to what the line is for a cop dealing with a situation like this. There's obviously conflicting opinion about this.

I wouldn't have been as forceful as the cop was... but I also don't condone the girl's behaviour in the slightest. Given the choice of the two (snotty girl acting like an ass or a cop using excessive force which resulted in no injuries until after a lawyer was consulted)... I'll take the second.

With all that said... look at this incident and look at the other incident where a 66 year old woman tried to enforce a school rule and got shoved to the ground as a result. In my area... trying to take a phone guarantees a call from home criticizing the action. It's obvious trying to take phones results in problems for everyone except for the kid who insists on using it.

Just turn a blind eye people. Let the young men and women win this one. Let them play Candy Crush or text their friends instead of discussing government or anatomy. As many have said here... what's the big deal, man?

callen said:

Funny you ask.

No shit.

the line is pretty clear isn't it? he got fired

• callen said:

Funny you ask.

No shit.

callen said:

Funny you ask.

No shit.

the line is pretty clear isn't it? he got fired
    Doesn't mean it's right.
    I don't think any one is condoning her behavior at all it was despicable and she should be punished ie suspension or expelled but in no way did she deserve to be slammed like a wrestler ....
    edited October 2015

I don't think any one is condoning her behavior at all it was despicable and she should be punished ie suspension or expelled but in no way did she deserve to be slammed like a wrestler ....

And she would have been if the cop had handled it properly. By his own actions he turned her into a victim.

Post edited by eddiec on
  • I don't think any one is condoning her behavior at all it was despicable and she should be punished ie suspension or expelled but in no way did she deserve to be slammed like a wrestler ....

You know what? I'm kind of there with you. I didn't like seeing her flung to the ground. It did seem excessive, but I wasn't the one called to the problem. If it is established the school called the cop and wished for the cop to go talk to the disruptive kid... then dialogue should have occurred. If the school called and said to remove her from the class... well... that is what he did: with a demand that was ignored followed by force.

For those that expect the cop to back down after demanding she get up and leave the class... you aren't thinking correctly. Schools need authority. The call to the cop was one made having little recourse after the initial steps to fix the situation had failed- the idiot made a mountain of a mole hill.

Once the cop was brought in... the game had changed significantly. There was no more messing around and anyone with half a brain should have been able to establish this for themselves.

Fired? That's a proactive measure aimed at warding off the inevitable backlash that follows events such as these. And it's horseshit. This cop didn't deserve to be fired. If anything... because people needed something directed at public enemy #1... maybe a suspension, but I wouldn't even suggest that. He made an error in judgement while on the job. Nobody was really hurt. He should have been instructed in a better method for dealing with the problem- the entire department should have.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,373
    edited October 2015
    I guess I will give my $0.02 to this little topic.

The young lady didn't need to be slammed to the ground. She really didn't need to be flipped over, while still in her desk. I am thinking, had the police officer, the administrator, and maybe a couple of teachers just surrounded the desk, and let her know, that the situation had come to an end, sooner or later the student would have left the room. They could have remained calm, yet held their ground, and I am pretty sure the situation could have come to a peaceful ending. We are talking about a 16 year old kid who wouldn't put her phone away. The police officer over reacted, as far as I am concerned. Even if the 16 year old girl attempted to smack him 1st, he over reacted. At least that is my opinion. Not that my opinion is worth $0.02.

Could the girl had acted a little bit more mature? Of course
    Could she have just put the phone away? Sure
    Should she be punished in some way? Ok, I will go along with that
    Could the police officer had physically removed her, without slamming her to the ground? Of course he could have, and maybe he should have. He would still be employed had he done just that.
    But no way in hell, no matter how much of a piece of shit that young lady was acting like, did she deserve to be slammed to the ground, and dragged like an animal.
    Post edited by SPEEDY MCCREADY on
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    The daily news reported that she was recently orphaned and living in foster care.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    ldent42 said:

The daily news reported that she was recently orphaned and living in foster care.

How lucky am I.
    callen said:

ldent42 said:

How lucky am I.
    Not sure if sarcasm or genuine gratitude.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    edited November 2015
    ldent42 said:

callen said:

ldent42 said:

How lucky am I.
    Oh genuine.

Not a black female orphaned in America then body slammed by cop. Shit I'd have a freakin attitude as well. And good ole accepting society just fked her some more. No understanding or love. Last thing she needed was this.

Yeah yeah yeah "she's got same opportunities as I, just pull up the ole boot straps and be responsible." Fk

Oh Last part, sarcasm. The haves have not a fkn clue.
    Post edited by callen on
    Of good morning campers. :)
  • callen said:

ldent42 said:

callen said:

ldent42 said:

How lucky am I.
    Oh genuine.

Not a black female orphaned in America then body slammed by cop. Shit I'd have a freakin attitude as well. And good ole accepting society just fked her some more. No understanding or love. Last thing she needed was this.

Yeah yeah yeah "she's got same opportunities as I, just pull up the ole boot straps and be responsible." Fk

Her personal situation is poor, but that doesn't give her a license to act like an asshole.

I do feel badly that things came to what they did, but discounting personal responsibility in this matter is not prudent. You could make an excuse for every sad, twisted, and unfortunate story we have discussed on this forum.

callen said:

ldent42 said:

callen said:

ldent42 said:

How lucky am I.
    Oh genuine.

Her personal situation is poor, but that doesn't give her a license to act like an asshole.

I do feel badly that things came to what they did, but discounting personal responsibility in this matter is not prudent. You could make an excuse for every sad, twisted, and unfortunate story we have discussed on this forum.
    You mean the personal responsibility of the dude 2x her size that body slammed her right.

I have to say, now that I know why her parents weren't called I understand why the police were called, and I still disagree with the decision. They should've called her social worker.
This discussion has been closed.