Police abuse

Comments

• jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    callen said:

jeffbr said:

rr165892 said:

Maybe she wants this outcome.She and her family can exploit it,say it's a rascist cop,get publicity and sue.Its all the rage now.
    Cops are all rascist pigs and all the people from love able big mike,to the traffic stop angel in Texas to this honor student are just innocently minding their own Buisness.Blah,blah.Same old shit.
    If you guys cried for accountability of actions as much as you defend the idiots we might get somewhere with this debate.
    Would any of this had happened if the student listened to the first 3-4 requests to leave the classroom? NO.so what is the issue here.It couldn't be the poor cherubs fault could it.Fuckin joke.

Totally agree with you about accountability, RR. We're all quick to call for accountability with the cop, and rightly so, especially since he's the authority figure, and the adult. But where is the cry for accountability in regards to the stupid girl? The cops actions were a direct result of her actions. I believe the cop escalated this beyond where it needed to go, but understand that patience was running thin. What I don't understand is why the stupid girl hasn't been vilified for being an idiot, unless we're all just assuming that all high-school kids are idiots. She doesn't get to play the victim card with me. She was a participant in the events just as the cop was. Comply with the teacher's numerous requests, and the cop wouldn't have even been called in. Comply with the cop's request and it doesn't escalate beyond him showing up to the classroom. She had plenty of opportunity to change the outcome with a simple gesture of putting down her phone. She chose to involve police. She chose to take it beyond a verbal discussion. She needs to partly own the results of her actions, just as the cop is currently being punished for his. In this case the victims were the other students whose education was being disrupted by the choices of this stupid girl.
    Because she's an adolescent girl!!!! Accountability in the freakin adults that should know how to handle teens without body slamming them. Jeese.
    So you wouldn't demand or expect accountability from a high-school aged kid? Wow. I said that the cop should be held accountable. And he's been fired, so he was. I also said that the girl should be held accountable. She isn't 5 years old. As far as I know she doesn't have any limiting mental or cognitive issues. She would likely be tried as an adult if she killed somebody. So why can't we point out that she has some culpability here?
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • callen said:

and who ever here is saying she punched him is beyond blind ive watched the video she was able to slide her hand across his neck but that was no punch ......Plus if that was my daughter im challenging this cop to a fight we can go to a gym and fight in a ring no weapons just me & him thats how im settling this

But don't forget to stop by the school and apologize for your daughter's brutal behaviour.

Ensure them that it won't be happening again and advise them of the steps you are prepared to take so that it doesn't.
    yeah that was brutal how she wouldn't put her phone away...bloodthirsty
    You people... geezuz, man.

Just render authority toothless? Why have any rules at all? If one can snub a school rule... why can't all?

It wasn't so much as her refusing to put her phone away as it was essentially telling all to go f**k themselves when they tried to deal with her belligerent attitude.

I'm assuming you think that behaviour is real cool, man. Others, such as myself, don't think it's way cool.
    No one said any if this.
    Exaggeration works the same from either side of the fence, Callen.

You should know given all your "Gotta get us some revenge" or "Whitey doesn't have a gawddamn clue" comments you love to toss around.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013

muskydan said:

and who ever here is saying she punched him is beyond blind ive watched the video she was able to slide her hand across his neck but that was no punch ......Plus if that was my daughter im challenging this cop to a fight we can go to a gym and fight in a ring no weapons just me & him thats how im settling this

OK tough guy….

I knew you would answer so i ask you why couldn't he just drag the whole desk with her on it outside to the hallway , and if you did this to my daughter id def challenge you to a fight in a gym no weapons just fist to fist since his so tough to do that to a girl lets see him defende himself in a controlled environment ...let me ask you are you a parent ?
    Perhaps that would have been a better option for this officer.
    How I look at it is he cared way too much by his actions and in the end it got his ass fired. See, any wise copper who wants to get to their pension has stopped being proactive years ago due to the all out war on law enforcement by the Media and libbies. Society will be getting the police that they are demanding...just look at Chicago and its 25% increase in homicides this year. Street stops (proactive policing) are down so much that the city refuses to put out that number in fear of it causing a panic that the police have given up due to their hands being tied. So don't get your panties in a bunch when you go calling for the police if you or a family member gets robbed or assaulted by one of these little darlings that have zero respect for authority and civil society. Police will turn into some of the highest paid report takers before you know it, just showing up to jobs and writing reports and only locking up people on signed complaints...the smart ones have already lost that awesome feeling of collaring the bad guy. Sad stuff... But on the bright side, less police will be getting injured due to less hands on incidents and they won't do much till back up and a Sgt. Arrives on scene.
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    She should be expelled and put in therapy for her part of the assault.He lost his job and his livelihood because of the girl.The teacher and students in the class have all said the cop was correct.Whats that tell you
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    callen said:

jeffbr said:

rr165892 said:

Maybe she wants this outcome.She and her family can exploit it,say it's a rascist cop,get publicity and sue.Its all the rage now.
    Cops are all rascist pigs and all the people from love able big mike,to the traffic stop angel in Texas to this honor student are just innocently minding their own Buisness.Blah,blah.Same old shit.
    If you guys cried for accountability of actions as much as you defend the idiots we might get somewhere with this debate.
    Would any of this had happened if the student listened to the first 3-4 requests to leave the classroom? NO.so what is the issue here.It couldn't be the poor cherubs fault could it.Fuckin joke.

Totally agree with you about accountability, RR. We're all quick to call for accountability with the cop, and rightly so, especially since he's the authority figure, and the adult. But where is the cry for accountability in regards to the stupid girl? The cops actions were a direct result of her actions. I believe the cop escalated this beyond where it needed to go, but understand that patience was running thin. What I don't understand is why the stupid girl hasn't been vilified for being an idiot, unless we're all just assuming that all high-school kids are idiots. She doesn't get to play the victim card with me. She was a participant in the events just as the cop was. Comply with the teacher's numerous requests, and the cop wouldn't have even been called in. Comply with the cop's request and it doesn't escalate beyond him showing up to the classroom. She had plenty of opportunity to change the outcome with a simple gesture of putting down her phone. She chose to involve police. She chose to take it beyond a verbal discussion. She needs to partly own the results of her actions, just as the cop is currently being punished for his. In this case the victims were the other students whose education was being disrupted by the choices of this stupid girl.
    Because she's an adolescent girl!!!! Accountability in the freakin adults that should know how to handle teens without body slamming them. Jeese.
    We should just give up, the cops can do no wrong and it isn't assault of you weren't behaving like a saint.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    callen said:

jeffbr said:

rr165892 said:

We should just give up, the cops can do no wrong and it isn't assault of you weren't behaving like a saint.
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited October 2015
    It is entirely plausible that this officer was starting to wonder "What if more and more students in this room become uncooperative by following her lead? What if I become outnumbered due to herd mentality and end up having to protect myself."?

A group of teens ganging up on one person, well the amount of damage they could inflict you could only imagine.

The officer took immediate control of the situation and prevented further instances that may have caused injury to himself or others.
    edited October 2015
    rr165892 said:

She should be expelled and put in therapy for her part of the assault.He lost his job and his livelihood because of the girl.The teacher and students in the class have all said the cop was correct.Whats that tell you

Not true, and how on Earth can you hold her (a minor) accountable and then say it's her fault he lost his job? That is just ridiculous.
    rr165892 said:

Not true, and how on Earth can you hold her accountable and then say it's her fault he lost her job? That is just stupid.

It is entirely plausible that this officer was starting to wonder "What if more and more students in this room become uncooperative by following her lead? What if I become outnumbered due to herd mentality and end up having to protect myself."?

A group of teens ganging up on one person, well the amount of damage they could inflict you could only imagine.

The officer took immediate control of the situation and prevented further instances that may have caused injury to himself or others.

Far-fetched to say the least. Quite the stretch.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,384

You need rest.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    rgambs said:

callen said:

jeffbr said:

rr165892 said:

So you aren't big on personal accountability either?

We should just give up, the cops can do no right, and teenagers can do no wrong, especially black teenagers in Callen's world (and perhaps yours). <---- Sounds ridiculous? I agree. It sounds as ridiculous as your assertion.

I said the cop escalated too quickly and took it too far. I said the cop should be held accountable and he was. I just want all parties held accountable. I don't discriminate, or provide blanket immunity to so-called protected classes like some here.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    jeffbr said:

rgambs said:

callen said:

jeffbr said:

rr165892 said:

We should just give up, the cops can do no right, and teenagers can do no wrong, especially black teenagers in Callen's world (and perhaps yours). <---- Sounds ridiculous? I agree. It sounds as ridiculous as your assertion.

I said the cop escalated too quickly and took it too far. I said the cop should be held accountable and he was. I just want all parties held accountable. I don't discriminate, or provide blanket immunity to so-called protected classes like some here.</p>
    Maybe you covered this earlier and I missed it but what kind of accountability are you looking for?
    jeffbr said:

rgambs said:

callen said:

jeffbr said:

rr165892 said:

I said the cop escalated too quickly and took it too far. I said the cop should be held accountable and he was. I just want all parties held accountable. I don't discriminate, or provide blanket immunity to so-called protected classes like some here.</p>
    She will be held accountable, there is no doubt about that. Hell, she already received punishment that wasn't commensurate with the crime.
    dignin said:

jeffbr said:

rgambs said:

callen said:

jeffbr said:

rr165892 said:

Maybe you covered this earlier and I missed it but what kind of accountability are you looking for?
    I'd like to see her suspended or permanently expelled. She clearly can't follow rules, and is disruptive to the learning process. I was also looking for acknowledgement of wrongdoing on her part from the anti-cop folks on the board. People tend to take firm, knee-jerk positions here, on both sides, and it can be like pulling teeth to get people to admit that things aren't always black and white (no pun intended).
    edited October 2015
    rr165892 said:

Ok hug patrol,first she DID hit the officer in the neck.It was slowed and showed on CNN last night.That alone got her flipped out the desk.
    Gambsy,my kid has been an ass,and immature,and all the other shit normal teenagers were when he was in school.But bet your ass no matter what he knew to respect authority.This is not negotiable in our house.So no my kid wouldn't be in that pickle.
    It kinda freaks me out how cottony soft ,PC and whiney society is getting.I know some of you are younger but those of us who graduated HS in the early and Mid Eighties,we still got paddled by teachers.My dean mr Stubbs drilled holes in his paddle for less wind resistance.I got the buisness end many times(yes even an angelic kid like me,hehe).I deserved it every time.He was black.I never cried racial bullshit.Maybe I had to pay the piper for my infractions,no harm no foul.I learned,matured and didn't do it again.
    Whatcha know,I turned into a successful well respected member of society.Im not permantly scared,no ptsd.
    You softees may want to start looking at the effects yours and others stance is having on arrests and crime throughout the country.Cops don't need this nonsense for doing a job none of you have the onions for.
    I don't blame them.
    Hey Dan-O how your contemporaries feel about getting involved I thankless bullshit inner city stuff?
    Everything is over dramatized,filmed,and turned into race issues and police abuse.Great job Libs.We are getting that hard stance on crime you've been asking for.Because black lives matter,blah,blah,blah.For fuck sake
    When one of you get your home or family threatened by some thug then let's talk about your hands off thinking.

And when one of you get your home or family threatened by a cop on a power trip then let's talk about your Judge Dredd thinking.

Really sad to see you jumping on the "ghetto lottery" bandwagon.
    jeffbr said:

dignin said:

jeffbr said:

rgambs said:

callen said:

jeffbr said:

rr165892 said:

I'd like to see her suspended or permanently expelled. She clearly can't follow rules, and is disruptive to the learning process. I was also looking for acknowledgement of wrongdoing on her part from the anti-cop folks on the board. People tend to take firm, knee-jerk positions here, on both sides, and it can be like pulling teeth to get people to admit that things aren't always black and white (no pun intended).
    I pretty much agree. I'm sure most here would agree that she needs to be punished, at least they have stated as much as far as I can see....from both sides of the issue. I think we both agree that violence toward her was not the right kind of punishment, but others here seem to think it was appropriate.

Since this cop overreacted she will most likely get a taxpayer funded settlement out of this. A scenario I don't think anyone wants.
    jeffbr said:

dignin said:

jeffbr said:

rgambs said:

callen said:

jeffbr said:

rr165892 said:

Nobody has excused her behavior! Everyone has called what she did stupid and everyone has agreed she needed removed. I don't know what the duck you are talking about.
    "Disruptive to the learning process"
    Yeah, not one tenth as disruptive as having your school in the national news because a cop with a God complex (or is it little man syndrome?) can't handle having his masculinity challenged and has to go all Hull Hogan on the dumbass girl.
  • rr165892 said:

no, he lost his job and his career on account of himself. he was already sued once for excessive force. he apparently did not learn from that experience.

my thought is he was only fired so the department would not have to pay any damages, because this guy is going to lose everything he has in a lawsuit. department saw no reason to keep him on force. apparently there is no defending what he did.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited October 2015
    Once the cop was called in... there was no more messing around.

The idiot acted out and became defiant and belligerent with the two previous school officials, but the gig was up when the cop arrived on the scene.

Cops don't play by the same rules as teachers and school administrators- nor should they. If a cop was called... the situation had passed the capability of the school personnel to deal with the situation. The cop was called to deal with the situation.

She was asked again to leave, refused, flailed away resisting when the officer began to physically move her... and then she got dumped.

The cop is facing discipline because idiots get up in arms over such incidents. Typical blame/ litigious society at work- always pointing the finger away from themselves. The cop was called to pull a non-compliant young woman from a classroom and the cop pulled a non-compliant young woman from a classroom.

Yes... it seemed rather severe, but it could have been a lot easier: to say the girl made things much more difficult than they needed to be is an understatement to say the least.

She played her game with the people she could win with. Then she tried with a person she couldn't win with. And now she- with her gaggle of supporters- are calling 'foul'.

Ri-gawd-damn-diculous.

Seriously.
    Post edited by Thirty Bills Unpaid on

But don't forget to stop by the school and apologize for your daughter's brutal behaviour.

Ensure them that it won't be happening again and advise them of the steps you are prepared to take so that it doesn't.

Just render authority toothless? Why have any rules at all? If one can snub a school rule... why can't all?

It wasn't so much as her refusing to put her phone away as it was essentially telling all to go f**k themselves when they tried to deal with her belligerent attitude.

I'm assuming you think that behaviour is real cool, man. Others, such as myself, don't think it's way cool.
    not cool at all....just not deserving of an assault by an adult male officer
    I'm not thinking that's 'assault'.

He did try and dump her out of the desk and perhaps excessively, but to call this an 'assault' is a stretch in my mind.
    While I am rapid posting, I will address this as the second dumbest thing I have ever heard from a person of intelligence. I would say that erhaps you should consult a dictionary, but you know what the word assault means, it just isn't conducive to your narrative that asses deserve to be smashed.
    rgambs said:

jeffbr said:

dignin said:

jeffbr said:

rgambs said:

callen said:

jeffbr said:

rr165892 said:

Nobody has excused her behavior! Everyone has called what she did stupid and everyone has agreed she needed removed. I don't know what the duck you are talking about.
    Yeah, not one tenth as disruptive as having your school in the national news because a cop with a God complex (or is it little man syndrome?) can't handle having his masculinity challenged and has to go all Hull Hogan on the dumbass girl.
    Uh, Callen's response to my post was "Because she's an adolescent girl!!!!". Sounds like he's excusing her behavior. And you followed up with "We should give up, cops can do no wrong..." You both were arguing with me calling for accountability on both sides. So as far as I can tell some of you are excusing her behavior, rather than condemning the behavior of both the cop and the student. That condemnation doesn't have to be mutually exclusive to one party or the other. And neither does the call for accountability. That's what the duck I'm talking about.
    jeffbr said:

rgambs said:

jeffbr said:

dignin said:

jeffbr said:

rgambs said:

callen said:

jeffbr said:

rr165892 said:

Uh, Callen's response to my post was "Because she's an adolescent girl!!!!". Sounds like he's excusing her behavior. And you followed up with "We should give up, cops can do no wrong..." You both were arguing with me calling for accountability on both sides. So as far as I can tell some of you are excusing her behavior, rather than condemning the behavior of both the cop and the student. That condemnation doesn't have to be mutually exclusive to one party or the other. And neither does the call for accountability. That's what the duck I'm talking about.
    Accountability can be applied to both, and has been, but it shouldn't necessarily be applied equally. In my book (and callen's) adults are held to higher standards of accountability than minors, and physical attacks bear more weight than passive defiance.
    rgambs said:

jeffbr said:

rgambs said:

jeffbr said:

dignin said:

jeffbr said:

rgambs said:

callen said:

jeffbr said:

rr165892 said:

Accountability can be applied to both, and has been, but it shouldn't necessarily be applied equally. In my book (and callen's) adults are held to higher standards of accountability than minors, and physical attacks bear more weight than passive defiance.
    That make sense to me, and in my initial post in this thread I pointed out that he was the adult, and he was an authority figure. So I agree with what you're saying. That isn't the message I got from Callen's response to my post, which is what I was responding to.
    rgambs said:

jeffbr said:

rgambs said:

jeffbr said:

dignin said:

jeffbr said:

rgambs said:

callen said:

jeffbr said:

rr165892 said:

Don't forget the law.

• Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited October 2015
    rgambs said:

not cool at all....just not deserving of an assault by an adult male officer
    I'm not thinking that's 'assault'.

He did try and dump her out of the desk and perhaps excessively, but to call this an 'assault' is a stretch in my mind.
    While I am rapid posting, I will address this as the second dumbest thing I have ever heard from a person of intelligence. I would say that erhaps you should consult a dictionary, but you know what the word assault means, it just isn't conducive to your narrative that asses deserve to be smashed.
    You mean second to your suggestions for effective police work?

Here's the definition: an assault is carried out by a threat of bodily harm coupled with an apparent, present ability to cause the harm.

The cop's action was to remove the girl from the classroom. As she was intertwined in a desk and unwilling to get out of the desk and comply with the request- which had been made numerous times already- the cop elected to dump her out of it to complete the task he was assigned for.

But again... the litigious society sees an angle and that's what they are pursuing. "This was not an officer dealing with a challenging situation- made challenging by the young woman- this was an 'assault' on the part of an officer who was licking his chops to rough a poor, poor, innocent young woman up.'
    Post edited by Thirty Bills Unpaid on
  • maybe if police would just assume that everyone in the vicinity is filming them, it might save them a whole lot of trouble going forward.

just an idea.

rr165892 said:

no, he lost his job and his career on account of himself. he was already sued once for excessive force. he apparently did not learn from that experience.

my thought is he was only fired so the department would not have to pay any damages, because this guy is going to lose everything he has in a lawsuit. department saw no reason to keep him on force. apparently there is no defending what he did.
    What the hell is in the water in St. Lousey??? It don't matter if the city fired his ass, He was employed by city when said incident happend therefore the city w/ the big pockets is liable. The officer may take a hit punitively , but not the Big $ that the city will most likely be forced to pay. Rule #3 in the ghetto lottery handbook...go after the big Dough, the city and its tax payers
  • muskydan said:

rr165892 said:

What the hell is in the water in St. Lousey??? It don't matter if the city fired his ass, He was employed by city when said incident happend therefore the city w/ the big pockets is liable. The officer may take a hit punitively , but not the Big $ that the city will most likely be forced to pay. Rule #3 in the ghetto lottery handbook...go after the big Dough, the city and its tax payers
    rule number 1 in st lousey. fuck the police.

maybe if police would just assume that everyone in the vicinity is filming them, it might save them a whole lot of trouble going forward.

just an idea.

Now you are talking reasonably...very very true
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Gambsy,I believe the"Ghetto Lottery" is no joke.There are folks turning everything into a lawsuit.Espescially here in our minority communities.Its to the point where a lot cop buddies tell me "fuck it,it's not worth it".so crime is increasing and arrests are down.To quote Mrs RR."Can you fucking blame them" I have to agree.
This discussion has been closed.