Police abuse

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,375

The cop didn't think at all about what he was about to do to think he would loose his career , i bet he would handle the situation differently he was wrong totally wrong ......

No shit.

He should have said, "Excuse me little Angel... can you pretty please leave the classroom?"

And when she replies, "Stick it up your hairy ass"... he should have slumped his shoulders and whimpered away. At least he'd still have his job.

Then.. after time... when this becomes the normal response... the morons calling foul will be on these pages saying, "What's with the chickenshit cops never dealing with these people? Come on, man... earn your money ya shitty cops."
    Or....a different scenario where the cop doesn't assault a 16 year old orphan

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • The cop didn't think at all about what he was about to do to think he would loose his career , i bet he would handle the situation differently he was wrong totally wrong ......

No shit.

He should have said, "Excuse me little Angel... can you pretty please leave the classroom?"

And when she replies, "Stick it up your hairy ass"... he should have slumped his shoulders and whimpered away. At least he'd still have his job.

Then.. after time... when this becomes the normal response... the morons calling foul will be on these pages saying, "What's with the chickenshit cops never dealing with these people? Come on, man... earn your money ya shitty cops."

Why not describe it in some detail so that I can see what you mean by an alternative scenario that meets the objective that was incumbent upon the officer?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    More to come on this story.

Disturbance law unconstitutional?

Get cops out of schools?

Let's see.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • The cop didn't think at all about what he was about to do to think he would loose his career , i bet he would handle the situation differently he was wrong totally wrong ......

No shit.

Why not describe it in some detail so that I can see what you mean by an alternative scenario that meets the objective that was incumbent upon the officer?
    Safe to say..

That police officer, was not receptive, to that young ladies follies.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

The cop didn't think at all about what he was about to do to think he would loose his career , i bet he would handle the situation differently he was wrong totally wrong ......

No shit.

Sure...this will be easy

1. Have the officer and someone else (teacher, principal, custodian) pick up or scoot her desk (with her in it) out to the hallway or into another classroom to have a discussion with her about proper behaviour and punishment without assaulting her.

2. Have the class move to another classroom and have a discussion with her about proper behaviour and punishment without assaulting her.

Under either scenario the child is not injured and the officer is not fired from his job.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

No shit.

Sure...this will be easy

1. Have the officer and someone else (teacher, principal, custodian) pick up or scoot her desk (with her in it) out to the hallway or into another classroom to have a discussion with her about proper behaviour and punishment without assaulting her.

2. Have the class move to another classroom and have a discussion with her about proper behaviour and punishment without assaulting her.

Under either scenario the child is not injured and the officer is not fired from his job.
    To add to that, under either scenario the school is disrupted far less, and the cost is far less for everyone.

As a side note, his attempt to remove her was ill-fated from the outset, wrist control is only useful in certain scenarios, this was not a scenario where it would be effective.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,120

No shit.

Sure...this will be easy

Totally doable scenarios , just look at what you posted two scenarios where all this drama would be avoided and the cop would still be employed instead of unemployable ........
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    rgambs said:

No shit.

Sure...this will be easy

To add to that, under either scenario the school is disrupted far less, and the cost is far less for everyone.

As a side note, his attempt to remove her was ill-fated from the outset, wrist control is only useful in certain scenarios, this was not a scenario where it would be effective.
    If you watch the whole video the cop clearly plans on taking her out from the beginning. He takes her laptop away so it doesn't get broken. That's why the kids called him "Officer Slam"

• muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013

No shit.

Sure...this will be easy

You forgot to add butterfly's and pretty flowers in your scenario .
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    muskydan said:

No shit.

Sure...this will be easy

You forgot to add a thinly veiled racist comment.

;)
    I can't believe we are being painted as ridiculous for opining that a police officer on a non-threatening situation should think before acting.
    Crazytown.

No shit.

Sure...this will be easy

Scenario number 1 works. But tell me what they do when- outside the classroom- the girl still refuses to get out of her desk?

Scenario number 2 doesn't. One reason it doesn't is for the same reason I detailed above- there is no guarantee she ends her standoff with carefully constructed words. The second reason it doesn't is that you're empowering a belligerent and disruptive idiot. She had already gotten her moment of fame as the class stalled throughout the time frame that saw two school officials passively try to remove her from class.

And I still contend this was not an assault as much as it was a maneuver to meet an objective on the part of a person who was employed and directed to meet that objective. The cop was coming in to do what the school's officials could not. For the simple fact that the snot nosed girl couldn't recognize she had pushed well past the boundaries for reasonable limits of tolerance and patience... I have no sympathy for her. None. The cops are there. The gig is up. Get out of the class and take your case up in another setting... before things go badly for you.

And as I say that... this attitude I am arguing against in this very thread promotes the attitude that leads people into trouble. If half the donkeys we discussed understood that cops are there to do a job and that they didn't have any influence over how their fate was going to play out as they are issued a command... we wouldn't be discussing their misfortunes. Geezuz, man... if a cop says "Get up out of your desk and leave the class"... get the f**k out of your chair and leave the class. Exactly what good can come out of resisting such a simple request? If the cop asked her to remove her clothes and get out of the desk... okay... resist- your rights are being violated.

Why did she resist? Maybe she participates in-line discussions that demonize police and speak to civil disobedience. On the off-hand chance my son or daughter reads such nonsense... I'll remember to remind each that if a cop is asking them to do something that seems very reasonable... do it without question and live to see another day. Are some here going to tell their children to act differently?
  • rgambs said:

No shit.

Sure...this will be easy

If you watch the whole video the cop clearly plans on taking her out from the beginning. He takes her laptop away so it doesn't get broken. That's why the kids called him "Officer Slam"
    Come on. You don't think that's a logical thing to do? Remove an item that may fly off the desk as you attempt to remove a person from it?

The cop would be an idiot to not account for the laptop before any action is taken.

I'll say it again... his actions seemed excessive. But I'm really not too concerned with them- the defiant girl had every opportunity to save herself and she chose to push. If the cop began slugging her or tasering her... I might be more in her corner.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331

Police Officer ‘Arrests Lesbian Couple For Kissing In Public’

http://news.yahoo.com/police-officer-arrests-lesbian-couple-for-kissing-092048491.html

No shit.

Sure...this will be easy

Scenario number 1 works. But tell me what they do when- outside the classroom- the girl still refuses to get out of her desk?

Scenario number 2 doesn't. One reason it doesn't is for the same reason I detailed above- there is no guarantee she ends her standoff with carefully constructed words. The second reason it doesn't is that you're empowering a belligerent and disruptive idiot. She had already gotten her moment of fame as the class stalled throughout the time frame that saw two school officials passively try to remove her from class.

And I still contend this was not an assault as much as it was a maneuver to meet an objective on the part of a person who was employed and directed to meet that objective. The cop was coming in to do what the school's officials could not. For the simple fact that the snot nosed girl couldn't recognize she had pushed well past the boundaries for reasonable limits of tolerance and patience... I have no sympathy for her. None. The cops are there. The gig is up. Get out of the class and take your case up in another setting... before things go badly for you.

And as I say that... this attitude I am arguing against in this very thread promotes the attitude that leads people into trouble. If half the donkeys we discussed understood that cops are there to do a job and that they didn't have any influence over how their fate was going to play out as they are issued a command... we wouldn't be discussing their misfortunes. Geezuz, man... if a cop says "Get up out of your desk and leave the class"... get the f**k out of your chair and leave the class. Exactly what good can come out of resisting such a simple request? If the cop asked her to remove her clothes and get out of the desk... okay... resist- your rights are being violated.

Why did she resist? Maybe she participates in-line discussions that demonize police and speak to civil disobedience. On the off-hand chance my son or daughter reads such nonsense... I'll remember to remind each that if a cop is asking them to do something that seems very reasonable... do it without question and live to see another day. Are some here going to tell their children to act differently?
    Either scenario works, and if the cop was using a clear head and not his best version of Randy Macho Man Savage, he could have removed her without the violence he used.
    I've been grappling my whole life, I can tell you with experience, that was a shitshow of a takedown.

No shit.

Sure...this will be easy

And the other students aren't exposed to this.

But HELL NO she's a trouble maker. TAKE HER DOWN.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    "I can’t believe this, when are we going to look at what KIDS are doing wrong? Instead of instantly blaming police and higher authority?

I know my son would leave a classroom if he was told to, so why didn’t this student? Do parents teach their kids now to question authority? That they must be the victim?

I don’t know the full situation – none of us do, but this just makes me sick. When will parents take full responsibility for their kids, teach them not to act like punks, and listen to AUTHORITY – no matter what their race is."

Courtesy of America's great mind, Bristol Palin.
    rgambs said:

I've been grappling my whole life, I can tell you with experience, that was a

dignin said:

muskydan said:

No shit.

Sure...this will be easy

;)
    So do you think this was a racist act by this officer???
    dignin said:

muskydan said:

No shit.

Sure...this will be easy

;)
    So do you think this was a racist act by this officer??
    edited October 2015
    So the root cause is the legislature in state passed a law that misbehaving in class is a crime. And that misbehaving isn't a crime in general public. If this young lady was off school grounds he did not have probable cause but because she was in a school he had cart blanc to arrest her. School should be a safe place for children. But no they loose rights and can easily be arrested. This law is being reviewed. More to come.
    Post edited by callen on
    Gambs, please for the love of god warn us before you quote a Palin. Was freakin out thinking you wrote this. Jeese man.
    callen said:

Gambs, please for the love of god warn us before you quote a Palin. Was freakin out thinking you wrote this. Jeese man.

Hahaha honestly, quoting a Palin sort of made me sick to my stomach, hopefully I won't do it again.
    edited October 2015
    muskydan said:

rgambs said:

dignin said:

muskydan said:

No shit.

Sure...this will be easy

;)
    No, I don't think it was. I think it was poor judgement in the execution of a lawful request. I think it is possible he has aggression issues, some sort of complex, but maybe not. I don't know.

Edit*
    The quote went screwy, this is my response to the question of whether I think it was a racist act.
    Post edited by rgambs on
    rgambs said:

muskydan said:

rgambs said:

dignin said:

muskydan said:

No shit.

Sure...this will be easy

;)
    No, I don't think it was. I think it was poor judgement in the execution of a lawful request. I think it is possible he has aggression issues, some sort of complex, but maybe not. I don't know.

Edit*
    The quote went screwy, this is my response to the question of whether I think it was a racist act.
    Thanks 4 answering. I can see why you feel this way. One can also make the argument he cared way too much. I know what exactly what I will do now if I come across something similar to this...
    muskydan said:

rgambs said:

muskydan said:

rgambs said:

dignin said:

muskydan said:

No shit.

Sure...this will be easy

;)

Edit*
    Thanks 4 answering. I can see why you feel this way. One can also make the argument he cared way too much. I know what exactly what I will do now if I come across something similar to this...
    Part of my grand plan for how to improve policing in America is a better exit plan for cops like this one. One day of bad judgement can cost someone their career. A transition system to funnel them into EMS/Fire if they choose, maybe grants for education if they want to switch fields. If you are going to stick your neck out, you should be rewarded for it, but the job isn't for everyone and people who demonstrate poor judgement need to be removed.
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited October 2015
    Just to comment as to not be considered a late chimer the Sarah Palin comment was not too far off of most thoughts of a reasonable person.
    People - get control of your kids before others will.

Just to comment as to not be considered a late chimer the Sarah Palin comment was not too far off of most thoughts of a reasonable person.
    People - get control of your kids before others will.

Palin and reasonable person in the same sentence...you don't hear that very often in civilized company lol
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,120

No shit.

Sure...this will be easy

Dude the cop was wrong is wrong & will be wrong for ever ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....

No shit.

Sure...this will be easy

Dude the cop was wrong is wrong & will be wrong for ever ...
    Maybe to some.

He was assigned the task of getting her out of a classroom where other adults had already failed. He got the job done despite the fact she tried to make it difficult for him as well. If he didn't get her out... nobody was getting her out- there was nobody else to call.

Dude... cooing in her ear wasn't going to get the job done.
This discussion has been closed.