Police abuse

Comments

• muskydan said:

maybe if police would just assume that everyone in the vicinity is filming them, it might save them a whole lot of trouble going forward.

just an idea.

Now you are talking reasonably...very very true
    i'm just saying that people will act differently if they knew everything they say and do is being recorded. i know at my job, if i know a phone call is being recorded i am more patient and measured and restrained. if everyone assumed they were being filmed all the time, maybe some of this stuff could be avoided.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Dan-o leave Gimme alone .From what I'm reading St.Louis is having a nuclear waste issue.Thats what's in the water.(Gimme I do not think that is something to joke about.Those cancer clusters are horrible)
  • rr165892 said:

Dan-o leave Gimme alone .From what I'm reading St.Louis is having a nuclear waste issue.Thats what's in the water.(Gimme I do not think that is something to joke about.Those cancer clusters are horrible)

i live in bridgeton. the nuclear waster is buried in a landfill with an underground wildfire inside the landfill. the landfill is in this very town. it is about 3 miles from my back patio. i can smell the burning when the winds blow this way. people here are legit scared. they have been angry about it for at least the last 18 months, but in the last month or two they have gotten scared. i just moved here in july, so i have missed out on most of it.

the cancer clusters i have seen on the news are a little west of here. i am guessing closer to where the fire is burning underground.

this past monday there was a sewage leak in the landfill next to the one that has the nuclear waste. maybe that is what is in the water... :lol:
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    rr165892 said:

Gambsy,I believe the"Ghetto Lottery" is no joke.There are folks turning everything into a lawsuit.Espescially here in our minority communities.Its to the point where a lot cop buddies tell me "fuck it,it's not worth it".so crime is increasing and arrests are down.To quote Mrs RR."Can you fucking blame them" I have to agree.

I luv it...She is a wise Woman RR.

muskydan said:

rr165892 said:

She should be expelled and put in therapy for her part of the assault.He lost his job and his livelihood because of the girl.The teacher and students in the class have all said the cop was correct.Whats that tell you

no, he lost his job and his career on account of himself. he was already sued once for excessive force. he apparently did not learn from that experience.

my thought is he was only fired so the department would not have to pay any damages, because this guy is going to lose everything he has in a lawsuit. department saw no reason to keep him on force. apparently there is no defending what he did.
    What the hell is in the water in St. Lousey??? It don't matter if the city fired his ass, He was employed by city when said incident happend therefore the city w/ the big pockets is liable. The officer may take a hit punitively , but not the Big $ that the city will most likely be forced to pay. Rule #3 in the ghetto lottery handbook...go after the big Dough, the city and its tax payers
    rule number 1 in st lousey. fuck the police.
    But of course it is....nice one
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited October 2015

callen said:

and who ever here is saying she punched him is beyond blind ive watched the video she was able to slide her hand across his neck but that was no punch ......Plus if that was my daughter im challenging this cop to a fight we can go to a gym and fight in a ring no weapons just me & him thats how im settling this

But don't forget to stop by the school and apologize for your daughter's brutal behaviour.

Ensure them that it won't be happening again and advise them of the steps you are prepared to take so that it doesn't.
    yeah that was brutal how she wouldn't put her phone away...bloodthirsty
    You people... geezuz, man.

Just render authority toothless? Why have any rules at all? If one can snub a school rule... why can't all?

It wasn't so much as her refusing to put her phone away as it was essentially telling all to go f**k themselves when they tried to deal with her belligerent attitude.

I'm assuming you think that behaviour is real cool, man. Others, such as myself, don't think it's way cool.
    No one said any if this.
    Exaggeration works the same from either side of the fence, Callen.

You should know given all your "Gotta get us some revenge" or "Whitey doesn't have a gawddamn clue" comments you love to toss around.
    Who's written "gotta get us some revenge"? And it's "the haves have not a fkn clue."
    Post edited by callen on
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    jeffbr said:

callen said:

jeffbr said:

rr165892 said:

Maybe she wants this outcome.She and her family can exploit it,say it's a rascist cop,get publicity and sue.Its all the rage now.
    Cops are all rascist pigs and all the people from love able big mike,to the traffic stop angel in Texas to this honor student are just innocently minding their own Buisness.Blah,blah.Same old shit.
    If you guys cried for accountability of actions as much as you defend the idiots we might get somewhere with this debate.
    Would any of this had happened if the student listened to the first 3-4 requests to leave the classroom? NO.so what is the issue here.It couldn't be the poor cherubs fault could it.Fuckin joke.

Totally agree with you about accountability, RR. We're all quick to call for accountability with the cop, and rightly so, especially since he's the authority figure, and the adult. But where is the cry for accountability in regards to the stupid girl? The cops actions were a direct result of her actions. I believe the cop escalated this beyond where it needed to go, but understand that patience was running thin. What I don't understand is why the stupid girl hasn't been vilified for being an idiot, unless we're all just assuming that all high-school kids are idiots. She doesn't get to play the victim card with me. She was a participant in the events just as the cop was. Comply with the teacher's numerous requests, and the cop wouldn't have even been called in. Comply with the cop's request and it doesn't escalate beyond him showing up to the classroom. She had plenty of opportunity to change the outcome with a simple gesture of putting down her phone. She chose to involve police. She chose to take it beyond a verbal discussion. She needs to partly own the results of her actions, just as the cop is currently being punished for his. In this case the victims were the other students whose education was being disrupted by the choices of this stupid girl.
    Because she's an adolescent girl!!!! Accountability in the freakin adults that should know how to handle teens without body slamming them. Jeese.
    So you wouldn't demand or expect accountability from a high-school aged kid? Wow. I said that the cop should be held accountable. And he's been fired, so he was. I also said that the girl should be held accountable. She isn't 5 years old. As far as I know she doesn't have any limiting mental or cognitive issues. She would likely be tried as an adult if she killed somebody. So why can't we point out that she has some culpability here?
    Reread my posts, of course the girl should be held accountable for her actions. The reaction to her actions is nuts. At this point she's paid enough.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    edited October 2015
    jeffbr said:

We should just give up, the cops can do no right, and teenagers can do no wrong, especially black teenagers in Callen's words

Find a quote where I've stated this. If you want to quote me freakin quote me. Also go to good cop thread and search for my posts of how I thank cops on the street on regular basis AND have repeatedly stated cops are left to clean up our fked up policies. So stop putting words in my mouth and actually read my posts.
    Post edited by callen on
    Callen dosent have a problem with cops.My Texas buddy has what's called successful white mans guilt.
    muskydan said:

rr165892 said:

Gambsy,I believe the"Ghetto Lottery" is no joke.There are folks turning everything into a lawsuit.Espescially here in our minority communities.Its to the point where a lot cop buddies tell me "fuck it,it's not worth it".so crime is increasing and arrests are down.To quote Mrs RR."Can you fucking blame them" I have to agree.

I luv it...She is a wise Woman RR.
    And good looking,I'm a lucky dude.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,384

Once the cop was called in... there was no more messing around.

The idiot acted out and became defiant and belligerent with the two previous school officials, but the gig was up when the cop arrived on the scene.

Cops don't play by the same rules as teachers and school administrators- nor should they. If a cop was called... the situation had passed the capability of the school personnel to deal with the situation. The cop was called to deal with the situation.

She was asked again to leave, refused, flailed away resisting when the officer began to physically move her... and then she got dumped.

The cop is facing discipline because idiots get up in arms over such incidents. Typical blame/ litigious society at work- always pointing the finger away from themselves. The cop was called to pull a non-compliant young woman from a classroom and the cop pulled a non-compliant young woman from a classroom.

Yes... it seemed rather severe, but it could have been a lot easier: to say the girl made things much more difficult than they needed to be is an understatement to say the least.

She played her game with the people she could win with. Then she tried with a person she couldn't win with. And now she- with her gaggle of supporters- are calling 'foul'.

Ri-gawd-damn-diculous.

Seriously.

Thanks for calling me an idiot.

The cop was fired. He wasn't fired by me. He was fired by his superior who said he did wrong.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • callen said:

callen said:

and who ever here is saying she punched him is beyond blind ive watched the video she was able to slide her hand across his neck but that was no punch ......Plus if that was my daughter im challenging this cop to a fight we can go to a gym and fight in a ring no weapons just me & him thats how im settling this

But don't forget to stop by the school and apologize for your daughter's brutal behaviour.

Ensure them that it won't be happening again and advise them of the steps you are prepared to take so that it doesn't.

Just render authority toothless? Why have any rules at all? If one can snub a school rule... why can't all?

It wasn't so much as her refusing to put her phone away as it was essentially telling all to go f**k themselves when they tried to deal with her belligerent attitude.

I'm assuming you think that behaviour is real cool, man. Others, such as myself, don't think it's way cool.
    No one said any if this.

You should know given all your "Gotta get us some revenge" or "Whitey doesn't have a gawddamn clue" comments you love to toss around.
    Who's written "gotta get us some revenge"? And it's "the haves have not a fkn clue."
    Are you serious?

Come on, man.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Once the cop was called in... there was no more messing around.

The idiot acted out and became defiant and belligerent with the two previous school officials, but the gig was up when the cop arrived on the scene.

Cops don't play by the same rules as teachers and school administrators- nor should they. If a cop was called... the situation had passed the capability of the school personnel to deal with the situation. The cop was called to deal with the situation.

She was asked again to leave, refused, flailed away resisting when the officer began to physically move her... and then she got dumped.

The cop is facing discipline because idiots get up in arms over such incidents. Typical blame/ litigious society at work- always pointing the finger away from themselves. The cop was called to pull a non-compliant young woman from a classroom and the cop pulled a non-compliant young woman from a classroom.

Yes... it seemed rather severe, but it could have been a lot easier: to say the girl made things much more difficult than they needed to be is an understatement to say the least.

She played her game with the people she could win with. Then she tried with a person she couldn't win with. And now she- with her gaggle of supporters- are calling 'foul'.

Ri-gawd-damn-diculous.

Seriously.

Thanks for calling me an idiot.

The cop was fired. He wasn't fired by me. He was fired by his superior who said he did wrong.
    Pressure from the inevitable fallout cops get the moment they don't treat someone who needed treating with the tender loving care a mother might provide.

This pressure is applied by the masses of people that look past the offence that demanded the police intervention and focus solely on the dissection of the cop's actions as he deals with the problem nobody else could and was called for.

A superior decides to defend his officer? The entire force is corrupt.

It's just easier to discipline or dismiss an officer in this day and age. Anyone wanna be a cop? Didn't think so. Keep to being critics. And keep raising those awesome children.
    Sad 30,it's very sad.Another Idiot wins.
    Gimme truly sorry to hear about that situation.Drink bottled water

callen said:

callen said:

No one said any if this.

Are you serious?

Come on, man.
    Show a quote from me or anyone on AMT on gotta get some revenge. If you can't retract.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    30, didn't you argue against spanking in the corporal punishment thread that I can't find?
    It isn't cool for parents to spank their children when the children are being asses, but it's beyond question when a cop ASSAULTS a kid who is being an ass.
    Sure, that makes sense.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rr165892 said:

Sad 30,it's very sad.Another Idiot wins.

Idiots were school administers that had this guy in school.
  • rgambs said:

30, didn't you argue against spanking in the corporal punishment thread that I can't find?
    It isn't cool for parents to spank their children when the children are being asses, but it's beyond question when a cop ASSAULTS a kid who is being an ass.
    Sure, that makes sense.

Wrong.

I was for spanking.
  • Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited October 2015
    callen said:

callen said:

callen said:

No one said any if this.

Are you serious?

Come on, man.
    Show a quote from me or anyone on AMT on gotta get some revenge. If you can't retract.
    TB it is all about revenge and our thirst for it. Can almost see you salivate at putting that child rapist to death. "Kill that FKER. Shoot him use gas doesn't matter. Grunt grunt!" (page 58 of the DP thread).

but alas getting that vengeance satisfaction makes it okay. We crave that selfish high. That endorphin drip to say "we got that evil fucker back. ". Yeah!!! (page 57 of the DP thread).

Happy? You put me through a meaningless exercise to prove what you already knew?

Now admit you are wrong. Yup. Wrong. And making a habit of being so.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,123
    The cop didn't think at all about what he was about to do to think he would loose his career , i bet he would handle the situation differently he was wrong totally wrong ......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    edited October 2015

callen said:

callen said:

callen said:

No one said any if this.

Are you serious?

Come on, man.
    TB it is all about revenge and our thirst for it. Can almost see you salivate at putting that child rapist to death. "Kill that FKER. Shoot him use gas doesn't matter. Grunt grunt!" (page 58 of the DP thread).

but alas getting that vengeance satisfaction makes it okay. We crave that selfish high. That endorphin drip to say "we got that evil fucker back. ". Yeah!!! (page 57 of the DP thread).

Happy? You put me through a meaningless exercise to prove what you already knew?

Ooooooh revenge on DP!! Thought you were talking about revenge on cops.

Yes revenge on DP and haves dont have a fkn clue. Yeah that's me and may say some creative writing. Ha.
    Post edited by callen on
  • callen said:

callen said:

callen said:

callen said:

No one said any if this.

Are you serious?

Come on, man.

Yes revenge on DP and haves dont have a fkn clue. Yeah that's me and may say some creative writing. Ha.
    Gawddammit

LOL!

Man you drive me nuts sometimes.
    edited October 2015

callen said:

callen said:

callen said:

callen said:

No one said any if this.

Are you serious?

Come on, man.

Gawddammit

LOL!

Man you drive me nuts sometimes.
    If I didn't like you I wouldn't try so hard. Ha.
    Grew up with three brothers so have a bit of competitive spirit.
    Do believe what I write.

If we ever met hope i'd be greeted with a hug rather than a swing. :)
    Post edited by callen on

rgambs said:

Sure, that makes sense.

Wrong.

I was for spanking.
    That's my bad, my memory failed me there, I guess I am just too used to sparring with you lol
    That does make sense then.
  • The cop didn't think at all about what he was about to do to think he would loose his career , i bet he would handle the situation differently he was wrong totally wrong ......

No shit.

He should have said, "Excuse me little Angel... can you pretty please leave the classroom?"

And when she replies, "Stick it up your hairy ass"... he should have slumped his shoulders and whimpered away. At least he'd still have his job.

Then.. after time... when this becomes the normal response... the morons calling foul will be on these pages saying, "What's with the chickenshit cops never dealing with these people? Come on, man... earn your money ya shitty cops."

The cop didn't think at all about what he was about to do to think he would loose his career , i bet he would handle the situation differently he was wrong totally wrong ......

No shit.

He should have said, "Excuse me little Angel... can you pretty please leave the classroom?"

And when she replies, "Stick it up your hairy ass"... he should have slumped his shoulders and whimpered away. At least he'd still have his job.

Then.. after time... when this becomes the normal response... the morons calling foul will be on these pages saying, "What's with the chickenshit cops never dealing with these people? Come on, man... earn your money ya shitty cops."
    What value do you add to the topic with ridiculous posts like this?
    I've said it before and I will continue to point out that making a caricature of your opponents in a debate is a pathetically weak, ignorant tactic that belies a lack of salient points and undermines any legitimate points you might make.
    Weak.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    rgambs said:

No shit.

What value do you add to the topic with ridiculous posts like this?
    I've said it before and I will continue to point out that making a caricature of your opponents in a debate is a pathetically weak, ignorant tactic that belies a lack of salient points and undermines any legitimate points you might make.
    Weak.
    It shows a lack in confidence in argument.
  • I kind of think it's fun.

And there's a point in there if you're intelligent enough to figure it out. There's several in fact.

No shit.

Boy-O- boy 30, you sure struck a nerve w/ that one. Reality often does that. Ignorance sure is Bliss...I often miss those days.
This discussion has been closed.