Police abuse

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,123
    muskydan said:

and who ever here is saying she punched him is beyond blind ive watched the video she was able to slide her hand across his neck but that was no punch ......Plus if that was my daughter im challenging this cop to a fight we can go to a gym and fight in a ring no weapons just me & him thats how im settling this

OK tough guy….

I knew you would answer so i ask you why couldn't he just drag the whole desk with her on it outside to the hallway , and if you did this to my daughter id def challenge you to a fight in a gym no weapons just fist to fist since his so tough to do that to a girl lets see him defende himself in a controlled environment ...let me ask you are you a parent ?
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • and who ever here is saying she punched him is beyond blind ive watched the video she was able to slide her hand across his neck but that was no punch ......Plus if that was my daughter im challenging this cop to a fight we can go to a gym and fight in a ring no weapons just me & him thats how im settling this

But don't forget to stop by the school and apologize for your daughter's brutal behaviour.

Ensure them that it won't be happening again and advise them of the steps you are prepared to take so that it doesn't.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,384

and who ever here is saying she punched him is beyond blind ive watched the video she was able to slide her hand across his neck but that was no punch ......Plus if that was my daughter im challenging this cop to a fight we can go to a gym and fight in a ring no weapons just me & him thats how im settling this

But don't forget to stop by the school and apologize for your daughter's brutal behaviour.

Ensure them that it won't be happening again and advise them of the steps you are prepared to take so that it doesn't.
    yeah that was brutal how she wouldn't put her phone away...bloodthirsty
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • and who ever here is saying she punched him is beyond blind ive watched the video she was able to slide her hand across his neck but that was no punch ......Plus if that was my daughter im challenging this cop to a fight we can go to a gym and fight in a ring no weapons just me & him thats how im settling this

You people... geezuz, man.

Just render authority toothless? Why have any rules at all? If one can snub a school rule... why can't all?

It wasn't so much as her refusing to put her phone away as it was essentially telling all to go f**k themselves when they tried to deal with her belligerent attitude.

I'm assuming you think that behaviour is real cool, man. Others, such as myself, don't think it's way cool.

No problem i would def apologize for my kids misbehavior but im def calling the cop out

Just render authority toothless? Why have any rules at all? If one can snub a school rule... why can't all?

It wasn't so much as her refusing to put her phone away as it was essentially telling all to go f**k themselves when they tried to deal with her belligerent attitude.

I'm assuming you think that behaviour is real cool, man. Others, such as myself, don't think it's way cool.
    I ask you again why couldnt the cop just drag the whole desk with her on it out to hallway he was able to slam her & desk with no problem i ask you why could'nt he just drgai it out of room ??
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,414

no consequences for beligierient defiance i guess. #anarchy
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,858

I don't think anyone is condoning her behaviour. Clearly she needed to be removed from the class. If the officer had just grabbed one of her arms to get her out of her seat and then she went all crazy and kicking you could then see the 'slam' as needed. But she basically just wouldn't move so he decided to throw her to the ground. It was clearly excessive and the guy lost his cool.

Having said that, if she had been in a Catholic school 40 years ago what the officer did would be considered getting off easy. You wouldn't act that way in front of the Catholic brothers. Unless you were really, really dumb.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    I think Jose asks a great question. I was also suggesting this to my wife last night. I agree with Thirty and RR that something needed to be done. We simply cannot condone or ignore disruptive behavior - to do so is to punish all of the other students and the teacher, and reward the stupid girl for her conduct. The teacher and apparently a couple of others were unable to get this stupid girl to quit being disruptive. Something more than politely asking needed to be done. But since none of the other students were in imminent danger, and since the stupid girl was not a threat, I don't really understand why the sudden escalation by the officer was necessary. I get that he and others had probably lost patience with the stupid girl, but don't know why a scene from a WWE show had to present itself. Had the officer simply started dragging the desk out of the classroom with the stupid girl sitting there, she would have likely been sufficiently embarrassed. Once out of the classroom, the officer could then have had another conversation with the stupid girl. She likely wouldn't have been as belligerent since she wouldn't need to be putting on a show for her classmates. Strength in numbers goes out the window, and she'd likely have complied with whatever forceful commands were given to her at that point. If not, continue to drag her desk through the school to the principle's office where she could sit for the rest of the day by herself, and kick her out of the class for the rest of the week. Done. Nobody got fired, nobody got hurt, nobody had to videotape it (except to properly embarrass the stupid girl) and it doesn't get played on the news.

It is a shame the cop escalated the way he did. I understand the need to get her out of the classroom. I agree with the need to punish her. I just think I would have handled it a little differently. Not because I side with the stupid girl (hopefully that is clear based on how I refer to her), but because cops are already are under the microscope, and because the other students could have benefited from seeing something be settled without violence, while at the same time reinforcing the notion that there are rules in school and they need to be followed.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    pjhawks said:

Where is the middle ground with you people? There is a huge gulf between insolence and brutality. ZERO people here have claimed she should escape consequences, taking it there is showing weakness in lieu of making valid points.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    jeffbr said:

I think Jose asks a great question. I was also suggesting this to my wife last night. I agree with Thirty and RR that something needed to be done. We simply cannot condone or ignore disruptive behavior - to do so is to punish all of the other students and the teacher, and reward the stupid girl for her conduct. The teacher and apparently a couple of others were unable to get this stupid girl to quit being disruptive. Something more than politely asking needed to be done. But since none of the other students were in imminent danger, and since the stupid girl was not a threat, I don't really understand why the sudden escalation by the officer was necessary. I get that he and others had probably lost patience with the stupid girl, but don't know why a scene from a WWE show had to present itself. Had the officer simply started dragging the desk out of the classroom with the stupid girl sitting there, she would have likely been sufficiently embarrassed. Once out of the classroom, the officer could then have had another conversation with the stupid girl. She likely wouldn't have been as belligerent since she wouldn't need to be putting on a show for her classmates. Strength in numbers goes out the window, and she'd likely have complied with whatever forceful commands were given to her at that point. If not, continue to drag her desk through the school to the principle's office where she could sit for the rest of the day by herself, and kick her out of the class for the rest of the week. Done. Nobody got fired, nobody got hurt, nobody had to videotape it (except to properly embarrass the stupid girl) and it doesn't get played on the news.

It is a shame the cop escalated the way he did. I understand the need to get her out of the classroom. I agree with the need to punish her. I just think I would have handled it a little differently. Not because I side with the stupid girl (hopefully that is clear based on how I refer to her), but because cops are already are under the microscope, and because the other students could have benefited from seeing something be settled without violence, while at the same time reinforcing the notion that there are rules in school and they need to be followed.

Agreed this could of been prevented with just a more calculated plan of attack .....
    rgambs said:

pjhawks said:

Where is the middle ground with you people? There is a huge gulf between insolence and brutality. ZERO people here have claimed she should escape consequences, taking it there is showing weakness in lieu of making valid points.
    I've stated numerous times here already that i thought it was a tad bit excessive on his part and that he should be punished by reprimand and/or suspension but not charged with a crime or fired. THAT'S THE MIDDLE GROUND!!!
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Ok hug patrol,first she DID hit the officer in the neck.It was slowed and showed on CNN last night.That alone got her flipped out the desk.
    Gambsy,my kid has been an ass,and immature,and all the other shit normal teenagers were when he was in school.But bet your ass no matter what he knew to respect authority.This is not negotiable in our house.So no my kid wouldn't be in that pickle.
    It kinda freaks me out how cottony soft ,PC and whiney society is getting.I know some of you are younger but those of us who graduated HS in the early and Mid Eighties,we still got paddled by teachers.My dean mr Stubbs drilled holes in his paddle for less wind resistance.I got the buisness end many times(yes even an angelic kid like me,hehe).I deserved it every time.He was black.I never cried racial bullshit.Maybe I had to pay the piper for my infractions,no harm no foul.I learned,matured and didn't do it again.
    Whatcha know,I turned into a successful well respected member of society.Im not permantly scared,no ptsd.
    You softees may want to start looking at the effects yours and others stance is having on arrests and crime throughout the country.Cops don't need this nonsense for doing a job none of you have the onions for.
    I don't blame them.
    Hey Dan-O how your contemporaries feel about getting involved I thankless bullshit inner city stuff?
    Everything is over dramatized,filmed,and turned into race issues and police abuse.Great job Libs.We are getting that hard stance on crime you've been asking for.Because black lives matter,blah,blah,blah.For fuck sake
    When one of you get your home or family threatened by some thug then let's talk about your hands off thinking.
    rr165892 said:

Ok hug patrol,first she DID hit the officer in the neck.It was slowed and showed on CNN last night.That alone got her flipped out the desk.
    Gambsy,my kid has been an ass,and immature,and all the other shit normal teenagers were when he was in school.But bet your ass no matter what he knew to respect authority.This is not negotiable in our house.So no my kid wouldn't be in that pickle.
    It kinda freaks me out how cottony soft ,PC and whiney society is getting.I know some of you are younger but those of us who graduated HS in the early and Mid Eighties,we still got paddled by teachers.My dean mr Stubbs drilled holes in his paddle for less wind resistance.I got the buisness end many times(yes even an angelic kid like me,hehe).I deserved it every time.He was black.I never cried racial bullshit.Maybe I had to pay the piper for my infractions,no harm no foul.I learned,matured and didn't do it again.
    Whatcha know,I turned into a successful well respected member of society.Im not permantly scared,no ptsd.
    You softees may want to start looking at the effects yours and others stance is having on arrests and crime throughout the country.Cops don't need this nonsense for doing a job none of you have the onions for.
    I don't blame them.
    Hey Dan-O how your contemporaries feel about getting involved I thankless bullshit inner city stuff?
    Everything is over dramatized,filmed,and turned into race issues and police abuse.Great job Libs.We are getting that hard stance on crime you've been asking for.Because black lives matter,blah,blah,blah.For fuck sake
    When one of you get your home or family threatened by some thug then let's talk about your hands off thinking.

Ok let me ask you why couldn't the cop just slide the desk with her on it to the hallway outside the classroom ? mr softee here

not cool at all....just not deserving of an assault by an adult male officer

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    pjhawks said:

why is it either an assault or nothing with you? No one is saying she shouldn't get disciplined, most of us are saying that the discipline shouldn't be illegal.

I'm not thinking that's 'assault'.

He did try and dump her out of the desk and perhaps excessively, but to call this an 'assault' is a stretch in my mind.

rr165892 said:

I don't blame them.

Ok let me ask you why couldn't the cop just slide the desk with her on it to the hallway outside the classroom ? mr softee here
    Jose,if she had not hit him or been resistant it wouldnt have been needed.again. A reaction to her action.acountability
    edited October 2015

He did try and dump her out of the desk and perhaps excessively, but to call this an 'assault' is a stretch in my mind.
    http://www.rawstory.com/2015/10/black-teen-attacked-by-south-carolina-cop-has-a-cast-on-her-arm-and-neck-and-back-injuries/

"State Rep. Todd Rutherford (D-Columbia) told WLTX-TV the 16-year-old girl suffered arm, neck and back injuries when Fields grabbed her by the throat and threw her to the ground after the teen refused to hand over her cell phone to a teacher."

That's called assault.

Edit: Let's say you were sitting in a restaurant and someone came up to you and did what the officer did to the girl. Would that be assault?
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on

edited October 2015
    rr165892 said:

rr165892 said:

I don't blame them.

Jose,if she had not hit him or been resistant it wouldnt have been needed.again. A reaction to her action.acountability
    no way if you call the a punch then we def don't agree ....so you believe that swipe by her deserved that take down ....
    Post edited by josevolution on

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/10/black-teen-attacked-by-south-carolina-cop-has-a-cast-on-her-arm-and-neck-and-back-injuries/

"State Rep. Todd Rutherford (D-Columbia) told WLTX-TV the 16-year-old girl suffered arm, neck and back injuries when Fields grabbed her by the throat and threw her to the ground after the teen refused to hand over her cell phone to a teacher."

That's called assault.

Edit: Let's say you were sitting in a restaurant and someone came up to you and did what the officer did to the girl. Would that be assault?
    Depends.

Am I sitting there minding my own business? Or am I being a general nuisance- bothering everyone as they are trying to eat their meals and defying management and their requests to leave the establishment?

Because in scenario number 2... that would be 'deserved' (not 'assault').

* Not to mention the fact that after being rightfully requested to leave... I would be a trespasser refusing to comply.

That's called assault.

Depends.

Am I sitting there minding my own business? Or am I being a general nuisance- bothering everyone as they are trying to eat their meals and defying management and their requests to leave the establishment?

* Not to mention the fact that after being rightfully requested to leave... I would be a trespasser refusing to comply.
    This is so hilarious I don't know what to say.

That's called assault.

Depends.

This is so hilarious I don't know what to say.
    Is it? Really hilarious?

I suppose so I guess?
    Maybe she wants this outcome.She and her family can exploit it,say it's a rascist cop,get publicity and sue.Its all the rage now.
    Cops are all rascist pigs and all the people from love able big mike,to the traffic stop angel in Texas to this honor student are just innocently minding their own Buisness.Blah,blah.Same old shit.
    If you guys cried for accountability of actions as much as you defend the idiots we might get somewhere with this debate.
    Would any of this had happened if the student listened to the first 3-4 requests to leave the classroom? NO.so what is the issue here.It couldn't be the poor cherubs fault could it.Fuckin joke.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    rr165892 said:

Maybe she wants this outcome.She and her family can exploit it,say it's a rascist cop,get publicity and sue.Its all the rage now.
    Cops are all rascist pigs and all the people from love able big mike,to the traffic stop angel in Texas to this honor student are just innocently minding their own Buisness.Blah,blah.Same old shit.
    If you guys cried for accountability of actions as much as you defend the idiots we might get somewhere with this debate.
    Would any of this had happened if the student listened to the first 3-4 requests to leave the classroom? NO.so what is the issue here.It couldn't be the poor cherubs fault could it.Fuckin joke.

Totally agree with you about accountability, RR. We're all quick to call for accountability with the cop, and rightly so, especially since he's the authority figure, and the adult. But where is the cry for accountability in regards to the stupid girl? The cops actions were a direct result of her actions. I believe the cop escalated this beyond where it needed to go, but understand that patience was running thin. What I don't understand is why the stupid girl hasn't been vilified for being an idiot, unless we're all just assuming that all high-school kids are idiots. She doesn't get to play the victim card with me. She was a participant in the events just as the cop was. Comply with the teacher's numerous requests, and the cop wouldn't have even been called in. Comply with the cop's request and it doesn't escalate beyond him showing up to the classroom. She had plenty of opportunity to change the outcome with a simple gesture of putting down her phone. She chose to involve police. She chose to take it beyond a verbal discussion. She needs to partly own the results of her actions, just as the cop is currently being punished for his. In this case the victims were the other students whose education was being disrupted by the choices of this stupid girl.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    I've always said race relations was a huge problem in the US ... something that people would prefer to sweep under the rug than to actually deal with it ... but this is NOT a race issue unless there is proof that this cop acted that way because she was black ... i'm gonna assume a non-black girl would have gotten the same treatment that day ...

for sure the take down was excessive in this case no matter what she did ... that is unless she assaults him first as some have suggested ...

either way - i'd like to see this girl suspended at least 2 weeks
    rr165892 said:

You didn't read the story? She was recently orphaned so there isn't much family involved.

That's called assault.

well the sheriff reported she had no injuries after the altercation. then she went to the state rep who happens to be a high priced lawyer...now she has injuries. interesting. and recently an orphan as stated above but now has a high priced state rep lawyer. again interesting.

pjhawks said:

That's called assault.

well the sheriff reported she had no injuries after the altercation. then she went to the state rep who happens to be a high priced lawyer...now she has injuries. interesting. and recently an orphan as stated above but now has a high priced state rep lawyer. again interesting.

actually he said "to my knowledge" that she had no injuries....you've seen the video right? Do injuries seem that unbelievable?

The officer has a history of being sued you know?

• callencallen Posts: 6,388

No one said any if this.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    jeffbr said:

rr165892 said:

Totally agree with you about accountability, RR. We're all quick to call for accountability with the cop, and rightly so, especially since he's the authority figure, and the adult. But where is the cry for accountability in regards to the stupid girl? The cops actions were a direct result of her actions. I believe the cop escalated this beyond where it needed to go, but understand that patience was running thin. What I don't understand is why the stupid girl hasn't been vilified for being an idiot, unless we're all just assuming that all high-school kids are idiots. She doesn't get to play the victim card with me. She was a participant in the events just as the cop was. Comply with the teacher's numerous requests, and the cop wouldn't have even been called in. Comply with the cop's request and it doesn't escalate beyond him showing up to the classroom. She had plenty of opportunity to change the outcome with a simple gesture of putting down her phone. She chose to involve police. She chose to take it beyond a verbal discussion. She needs to partly own the results of her actions, just as the cop is currently being punished for his. In this case the victims were the other students whose education was being disrupted by the choices of this stupid girl.
    Because she's an adolescent girl!!!! Accountability in the freakin adults that should know how to handle teens without body slamming them. Jeese.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
This discussion has been closed.