Options

Ten Club/Newbury Comics RSD Coke Bottle Clear Vinyl Ten LP in Shop.

Comments

• Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    MayDay10 said:

I actually think 179 will appear a bargain in hindsight.

I agree, where Sevens was limited but with no real idea of how many were produced...this is stated 2000 with foil edition numbering and colored vinyl, of perhaps the greatest rock album of our generation!

This is going to make Sevens look like nothing!
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    enessetenesset Posts: 13
    Apparently the sun does shine on a dogs a**. Order confirmation went through after all that time. I was FURIOUS that 10C sent out the email with the limited edition backpack WHILE all the Norcal fanclub people were at the actual movie. Perhaps someone that is tired of their limited edition backpack will want to trade for my vinyl.....
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    edited April 2014
    Post edited by PJ-Cubs on
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581

MayDay10 said:

I agree, where Sevens was limited but with no real idea of how many were produced...this is stated 2000 with foil edition numbering and colored vinyl, of perhaps the greatest rock album of our generation!

2000 foiled though. Most RSD releases have this first pressing and then along comes the unnumbered. If anyone picked one up I would suggest selling it shortly. That and given Newbury usually does multiple pressings and variants would have me suspicious.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Spin! Spin! Spin the Coke-bottle clear circle!

Just rolls off the tongue.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    foodshop65foodshop65 Connecticut Posts: 730
    another miss
    this one went quick
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22
  • Options
    ewokpeltsewokpelts Posts: 709
    rival. said:

ewokpelts said:

although they SHOULD have cancelled the show and came back later.

and come back when? how do you possibly begin to reschedule an event like that, especially one in which pearl jam management knows that the crowd was 80-90% out of towners that spent good cash on getting to chicago for this one show.

wrigleyville would have been burnt to the ground by 50,000 pissed, drunk (pissed drunk), overheated fans if the plug was pulled on the show after a three hour rain delay. playing was the best possible thing they could have done to avoid a major situation.

i seriously doubt there were only 8,000(20% of venue capacity) local area fans at the show.

and by the fucking way, it was a massive storm system that canceleld other area events, including a phish show. reason it was canceled? public safety.

also, it VERY easy to reschedule an event at wrigley. look at when the cubs are on the road.

also, let's not forget the local LAWS that were violated by a show re-starting at midnight.

oh, and they cancel events at wrigley field all the time due to the weather. you know, those things calle d"cubs games". and they cubs openly admit they get 40% of thier crowds to out of towners. so how is it ok for those people to be "screwed", but not pearl jam concert goers?
  • Options
    quasiquasi Posts: 492
    "This going to make Sevens look like nothing!"

Is this more of a Newbury Comics release than a Pearl Jam release? Is it an official Pearl Jam product or just something blessed by Pearl Jam. Personally, I'd rather have Sevens.
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,451
    Terrible!
    They are already up on auction sites...
  • Options

rival. said:

ewokpelts said:

and come back when? how do you possibly begin to reschedule an event like that, especially one in which pearl jam management knows that the crowd was 80-90% out of towners that spent good cash on getting to chicago for this one show.

wrigleyville would have been burnt to the ground by 50,000 pissed, drunk (pissed drunk), overheated fans if the plug was pulled on the show after a three hour rain delay. playing was the best possible thing they could have done to avoid a major situation.

Exactly. And let's not forget it was baseball season. There is a team (well, if you can call 'em that) plays there. The logistics of planning such an event take a loooooooooooooong time to sort out. Imagine telling 50k people they have to come back a month or a year later. Pandemonium!!
    they reschedule ballgames all the time at wrigley. no one seems to queef about it like pearl jam fans do.

• Options
    PorchRadioPorchRadio Aurora, IL Posts: 233
    ewokpelts said:

rival. said:

ewokpelts said:

Exactly. And let's not forget it was baseball season. There is a team (well, if you can call 'em that) plays there. The logistics of planning such an event take a loooooooooooooong time to sort out. Imagine telling 50k people they have to come back a month or a year later. Pandemonium!!
    they reschedule ballgames all the time at wrigley. no one seems to queef about it like pearl jam fans do.

The Cubs only have so many set dates that they can have night games, night time events, etc, etc due to stupid laws in Wrigleyville. All of this is planned very long in advance, and rescheduling wouldn't be as easy as picking the next date the cubs are on the road.

However, it can be done, as this is Chicago, and most of our Alderman would definitely give you a pass on the laws for the right contribution.
    1995 Soldier Field, Chicago
    1998 Alpine Valley, WI
    2000 Indianapolis, IN
    2011 PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2013 Wrigley Field
    2013 Voodoo Fest New Orleans, LA
    2014 Moline, IL (No Code)
    2014 Milwaukee, WI (Yield)
    2016 Greenville, SC (Vs)
    2016 Columbia, SC
    2016 Bonnaroo
    2016 Wrigley I & II
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,665
    edited April 2014

MayDay10 said:

Just shy of 4 months since Sevens hit the market and there still have only been 109 recorded sales with the last 2 selling for $400 (Edit: one sold yesterday for $575). It's reasonable to assume there were fewer than 2000 Sevens offered up by 10C, given the supply on the secondary market. The market will soon be saturated with these Ten LPs and I'd be shocked if they fetched more than $200.

Post edited by 100 Pacer on
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,750
    ewokpelts said:

PJ_Soul said:

ewokpelts said:

PJ_Soul said:

ewokpelts said:

JimmyV said:

I agree that there is a lot of merchandise for sale and that sometimes there is too much. But given the new album and AMAZING tour just last year, I find the notion that they are "just" about merchandise to be laughable. This is a band that is still kicking ass.

wrigley field. all i have to say.

What do you mean by that? Do you want the band to stop selling merch at shows? Yes, the merch lines were stupid, but that doesn't mean the band is "all about merchandise". It means they need to staff their merch stands better at big venues.
    THREE DAYS OF MERCH SALES? 5-7 hour wait just to buy what was left? FOUR FUCKING POSTERS FOR ONE SHOW?

That show was a big deal. Didn't seem weird to me. With more than 40,000 people going, I thought it was appropriate to have more items. The time it took to wait in line for the shit is fucked up though, I'll agree with you there. Very badly organized. They need to get more staff in when they have something huge like that happening. WAY more staff.
    At any rate, why are you so mad about it?? Just don't buy the merch, and enjoy the show - they still put on the best shows in rock.
    i've never waited more than 10 minutes to buy merch at any show before. from any band. including the stones at a stadium bigger than wrigley.

hell, pj 20 was only 5 minute wait.
    How come you're so bent out of shape about merch at Wrigley then? It was badly organized there. Who gives a shit? That was months and months ago.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,992
    I like Supersonic!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    ewokpelts said:

PJ_Soul said:

ewokpelts said:

PJ-Cubs said:

ewokpelts said:

PJ_Soul said:

ewokpelts said:

It's sad that this band has become all about merchandising now. "Taxing the cult".

How so? 2000 people here are perfectly happy. If you don't want it don't buy it, but this is far from "sad". It's vinyl. Vinyl is awesome to a lot of people. And the band isn't all about merchandising now. Haven't you seen any shows lately? They're fucking awesome. Also, there is this new album I think....
    what i saw at wrigley has soured me big time.

Wrigley merch was an EPIC disaster.
    the whole wrigley experience has made me less enthused about the band in general.
    Huh. Interesting. Why? Because of a storm?
    If you feel like this but waited in the merch lines anyway, no one's fault but your own probably.... I personally didn't wait in any merch line there at all and had a blast (and still got one poster).
    the rain delay was not what bothered me.

So the rain delay WAS what bothered you....
    Cancelled and come back later?? That's crazy talk. You don't reschedule something like that. If they'd cancelled it would have just been dead in the water.
    Sucks to be you if you hated. I fucking loved by Wrigley experience! :D And had so much fun NOT waiting in stupid merch line ups (sorry, but all of you who waited in those lines in that heat are fucking out of your minds, lol).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ-Cubs said:

rival. said:

PJ-Cubs said:

ewokpelts said:

PJ_Soul said:

ewokpelts said:

It's sad that this band has become all about merchandising now. "Taxing the cult".

How so? 2000 people here are perfectly happy. If you don't want it don't buy it, but this is far from "sad". It's vinyl. Vinyl is awesome to a lot of people. And the band isn't all about merchandising now. Haven't you seen any shows lately? They're fucking awesome. Also, there is this new album I think....

wrigley was a shit show of epic proportions.

i feel like whenever the wrigley show comes up in conversation with friends, i feel like we spend more time talking about our experiences dealing with the merch and merch lines more than discussing the actual show.

what a shit load of fuck that all was!
    Don't get me wrong - the Wrigley concert experience was amazing. The band was on stage until 2AM, played some new songs for the first time ever, and I got to see my favorite band in one of my favorite places in the world. Even hanging outside at a bar with friends listening to soundcheck the night before was awesome.

The merch was a whole different story. People waiting in line for 4+ hours in 100 degree heat. Flippers taking advantage of the excitement around the show. The whole thing was a mess but I am not sure if 10C could have done anything about it (except maybe a poster pre-sale)

Sure. The merch situation was brutal. Just don't understand how people could possibly care enough about merch to put themselves through something like that. Still think anyone who did that and didn't like it has no one to blame but themselves.
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,012
    How many versions of ten do we really need? Why can't they release No Code, Yield, Riot Act on regular, black, 180 gram vinyl that we can listen to instead of these gimmick releases, 120 gram on a different color.
  • Options
    keithlaw1974keithlaw1974 Blacko, UK Posts: 137
    on eBay for more than 10 times the sell price - disgusting! Seriously pisses me off
    London, England 06-25-2010, Belfast, Northern Ireland 06-23-2010, Berlin, Germany 07-04-2012, Manchester, UK 06-20-2012, Seattle, WA 12-06-2013, Amsterdam, Holland 06-16-2014, Berlin, Germany 06-26-2014, Leeds, UK 07-08-2014, Milton Keynes, UK 07-11-2014, New York MSG 1 & 2
    Eddie Vedder Solo - London, England 07-30-1012
  • Options
    TN70407TN70407 Posts: 206
    Hawk123 said:

How many versions of ten do we really need? Why can't they release No Code, Yield, Riot Act on regular, black, 180 gram vinyl that we can listen to instead of these gimmick releases, 120 gram on a different color.

AGREED!
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 978
    Is this an April Fools joke, or do people really care about the colour of a vinyl record?!?
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,951
    Does "Coke Bottle Clear"= GREEN
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Hawk123 said:

10c/PJ love their gimmick releases. It's a bizarre release but an easy 30k in an hour for 10c. You can see why they do it, they know their fanbase will buy anything that is 'limited edition'.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 978

Does "Coke Bottle Clear"= GREEN

Looks that way. I assume 'green' sounds better than regular black vinyl :))
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,623
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,012
    boyo79 said:

Hawk123 said:

10c/PJ love their gimmick releases. It's a bizarre release but an easy 30k in an hour for 10c. You can see why they do it, they know their fanbase will buy anything that is 'limited edition'.
    Good point. They'll be turning into Kiss pretty soon.

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

ewokpelts said:

PJ_Soul said:

ewokpelts said:

PJ_Soul said:

ewokpelts said:

JimmyV said:

I agree that there is a lot of merchandise for sale and that sometimes there is too much. But given the new album and AMAZING tour just last year, I find the notion that they are "just" about merchandise to be laughable. This is a band that is still kicking ass.

wrigley field. all i have to say.

What do you mean by that? Do you want the band to stop selling merch at shows? Yes, the merch lines were stupid, but that doesn't mean the band is "all about merchandise". It means they need to staff their merch stands better at big venues.
    THREE DAYS OF MERCH SALES? 5-7 hour wait just to buy what was left? FOUR FUCKING POSTERS FOR ONE SHOW?

That show was a big deal. Didn't seem weird to me. With more than 40,000 people going, I thought it was appropriate to have more items. The time it took to wait in line for the shit is fucked up though, I'll agree with you there. Very badly organized. They need to get more staff in when they have something huge like that happening. WAY more staff.
    At any rate, why are you so mad about it?? Just don't buy the merch, and enjoy the show - they still put on the best shows in rock.
    i've never waited more than 10 minutes to buy merch at any show before. from any band. including the stones at a stadium bigger than wrigley.

hell, pj 20 was only 5 minute wait.
    How come you're so bent out of shape about merch at Wrigley then? It was badly organized there. Who gives a shit? That was months and months ago.
    because we're talking about how the band is a bunch of merchandising whores.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

ewokpelts said:

PJ_Soul said:

ewokpelts said:

PJ-Cubs said:

ewokpelts said:

PJ_Soul said:

ewokpelts said:

the whole wrigley experience has made me less enthused about the band in general.
    Huh. Interesting. Why? Because of a storm?
    If you feel like this but waited in the merch lines anyway, no one's fault but your own probably.... I personally didn't wait in any merch line there at all and had a blast (and still got one poster).
    the rain delay was not what bothered me.

So the rain delay WAS what bothered you....
    Cancelled and come back later?? That's crazy talk. You don't reschedule something like that. If they'd cancelled it would have just been dead in the water.
    Sucks to be you if you hated. I fucking loved by Wrigley experience! :D And had so much fun NOT waiting in stupid merch line ups (sorry, but all of you who waited in those lines in that heat or fucking out of your minds, lol).
    i live in Chicago. taking a 2nd night off work in august or September would have been no big deal for me.i didnt think it was safe being out there trying to get a rock show on.

what bothered me about the show, or "experience" was assholes ARGUING with the merch booth(on the FIELD, mind you) to sell them stuff as a storm had just posponed the show. or the fact that there was a merch line at all while the show started.
    and then the same stand, once re-opened after the rain delay, was SWARMED by guys trying to gobble whatever was left.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,951
    MayDay10 said:

I just find it odd that Coke bottles have been brown for MANY years
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,032

MayDay10 said:

I just find it odd that Coke bottles have been brown for MANY years

Wait. What?
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,032
    Do you think Coke bottles are brown because there is a brown liquid in it?