Options

Ten Club/Newbury Comics RSD Coke Bottle Clear Vinyl Ten LP in Shop.

Comments

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,554
    j3brow1 said:

Wow. I am one of the lucky ones I guess. Received 10C email at 11:21am via iPhone (although sent to my inbox at 11:08), immediately purchased, order conformation email at 11:24am and now sold out. Completely insane. 1000 orders in less than 30 minutes!! Right place at the right time .... Again! Now how about a 5000 numbered RSD clear vinyl Benaroya Hall 4LP box set!!! ,

Yea, you were LUCKY as i didn't get the e-mail until 12:15(EDT)!!

So, it looks like i had a WHOLE 12 minutes to purchase>LOL!!!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    I received the email 30 minutes after seeing that they sold out on Facebook. Hmm....
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,951
    I have not been around here much often (especially compared to the past!)

I just happened to sign in minutes after the sale. Very lucky this time around.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,554
    Bubba said:

JTH said:

Sold out less than 5 minutes after getting the email. Thank goodness this not something I need (like regular represses of studio albums), another garbage cash grab by the 10c.

Uh... what email?
    The email received a half hour after the item sold out
    I guess i don't feel as bad then. At least i had 12 minutes to purchase>LOL!! (if i would've read the e-mail at that EXACT time)

• Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,365
    ewokpelts said:

PJ_Soul said:

ewokpelts said:

PJ_Soul said:

ewokpelts said:

PJ-Cubs said:

ewokpelts said:

PJ_Soul said:

ewokpelts said:

It's sad that this band has become all about merchandising now. "Taxing the cult".

How so? 2000 people here are perfectly happy. If you don't want it don't buy it, but this is far from "sad". It's vinyl. Vinyl is awesome to a lot of people. And the band isn't all about merchandising now. Haven't you seen any shows lately? They're fucking awesome. Also, there is this new album I think....
    what i saw at wrigley has soured me big time.

Wrigley merch was an EPIC disaster.
    the whole wrigley experience has made me less enthused about the band in general.
    Huh. Interesting. Why? Because of a storm?
    If you feel like this but waited in the merch lines anyway, no one's fault but your own probably.... I personally didn't wait in any merch line there at all and had a blast (and still got one poster).
    the rain delay was not what bothered me.

although they SHOULD have cancelled the show and came back later.
    So the rain delay WAS what bothered you....
    Cancelled and come back later?? That's crazy talk. You don't reschedule something like that. If they'd cancelled it would have just been dead in the water.
    Sucks to be you if you hated. I fucking loved by Wrigley experience! :D And had so much fun NOT waiting in stupid merch line ups (sorry, but all of you who waited in those lines in that heat or fucking out of your minds, lol).
    i live in Chicago. taking a 2nd night off work in august or September would have been no big deal for me.i didnt think it was safe being out there trying to get a rock show on.

what bothered me about the show, or "experience" was assholes ARGUING with the merch booth(on the FIELD, mind you) to sell them stuff as a storm had just posponed the show. or the fact that there was a merch line at all while the show started.
    and then the same stand, once re-opened after the rain delay, was SWARMED by guys trying to gobble whatever was left.
    So, did you go home during the weather delay since you didn't feel safe being out there?
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    EnterThanmanEnterThanman London, ON Posts: 1,057
    Got the email at 12:21. Seems fair. :-w
    The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
  • Options
    It's becoming more and more frustrating being a fan anymore I just received the email and as soon as I got it I tried to order and it sold out . Amazing my email has been fine all day and yet I received mine hours after this presage started great to see my hard earned money paying to b in this club is going to good use feels like the band is becoming more and more of a cash grab kinda band just makes it easier to stay away from the site all together I guess the next email we get will b that the band is selling washers and dryers
  • Options
    Oh, well. Missed it. I'll live. Congrats to the lucky ones.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    I don't think I will be losing sleep over not getting this record. There are 13 other LP versions of the regular LP and 4 other redux packages and that is not including represses of the redux etc. I have an original US, a UK picture disc and the deluxe redux set, I struggle to justify having all of these. I think the fact that it sold out so quick shows that lots of people think that PJ fans are a bunch of mugs and will pay stupid prices on the secondary market, most of these Newbury releases have been taking around a week or longer to sell out which seems fine.
  • Options
    guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    on ebay for up to £180 £200 ...............................nightmare just means another piece of pearl jam ill not be able to afford
  • Options
    Definitely won't lost sleep over this, never really do. Half of me is always happy to not feed the beast, so to speak.
  • Options
    I do find it interesting that Newbury says PRESALE sold out. Wonder if they held some back for, you know, the actual Record Story DAY. Probably not, but it is interesting wording. Why not just say the item is sold out?
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,758
    edited April 2014
    ewokpelts said:

PJ_Soul said:

ewokpelts said:

PJ_Soul said:

ewokpelts said:

PJ-Cubs said:

ewokpelts said:

PJ_Soul said:

ewokpelts said:

It's sad that this band has become all about merchandising now. "Taxing the cult".

How so? 2000 people here are perfectly happy. If you don't want it don't buy it, but this is far from "sad". It's vinyl. Vinyl is awesome to a lot of people. And the band isn't all about merchandising now. Haven't you seen any shows lately? They're fucking awesome. Also, there is this new album I think....
    what i saw at wrigley has soured me big time.

Wrigley merch was an EPIC disaster.
    the whole wrigley experience has made me less enthused about the band in general.
    Huh. Interesting. Why? Because of a storm?
    If you feel like this but waited in the merch lines anyway, no one's fault but your own probably.... I personally didn't wait in any merch line there at all and had a blast (and still got one poster).
    the rain delay was not what bothered me.

although they SHOULD have cancelled the show and came back later.
    So the rain delay WAS what bothered you....
    Cancelled and come back later?? That's crazy talk. You don't reschedule something like that. If they'd cancelled it would have just been dead in the water.
    Sucks to be you if you hated. I fucking loved by Wrigley experience! :D And had so much fun NOT waiting in stupid merch line ups (sorry, but all of you who waited in those lines in that heat or fucking out of your minds, lol).
    i live in Chicago. taking a 2nd night off work in august or September would have been no big deal for me.i didnt think it was safe being out there trying to get a rock show on.

what bothered me about the show, or "experience" was assholes ARGUING with the merch booth(on the FIELD, mind you) to sell them stuff as a storm had just posponed the show. or the fact that there was a merch line at all while the show started.
    and then the same stand, once re-opened after the rain delay, was SWARMED by guys trying to gobble whatever was left.
    Yeah, the merch situation was lame. I would never carry that into how I feel about PJ's music though. Anyway, easy for you to say it should have been rescheduled (not that they could have got that done). But there were thousands upon thousands who came in for that show. I flew in from Vancouver. Other people came from Europe and Asia! The band knew tons and tons of folks had traveled in, and mentioned it, so that's why cancelling wasn't an option, aside from the fact that it's not that easy to reschedule a show like that. It was in the works for almost a YEAR. They had a massive marketing campaign behind it. No fucking way were they going to cancel and reschedule that show.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Hawk123 said:

boyo79 said:

Hawk123 said:

How many versions of ten do we really need? Why can't they release No Code, Yield, Riot Act on regular, black, 180 gram vinyl that we can listen to instead of these gimmick releases, 120 gram on a different color.

10c/PJ love their gimmick releases. It's a bizarre release but an easy 30k in an hour for 10c. You can see why they do it, they know their fanbase will buy anything that is 'limited edition'.
    Good point. They'll be turning into Kiss pretty soon.

They're not already? What separates them?

• Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Would have much rather had a Vault release or something similar. Something thats new to us. ...I have 5-6 different versions of TEN as it is (original vinyl, boxset, cassette, basketball, etc) It wouldn't be something I would actually listen to anyway. Seems like a Flippers gift to me.
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    Brilliant move to release this on April 1st. I'm pissed I didn't get one but what a brilliant move. Bravo.
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options

Do you think Coke bottles are brown because there is a brown liquid in it?

image Where I come from Coke bottles are clear glass I think (not that I would ever buy soda in a glass bottle in any case). I thought maybe they varied, and were maybe brownish. Didn't know they came in green!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I can't believe people are complaining about them releasing special edition Ten on vinyl. imageimageimage Reissuing your own MUSIC isn't being a merch whore. Some of you are acting like they just offered up a lunchbox (if they had, all of you people saying they're merch whores would be SO mad if you didn't get the lunchbox! image And yes, I'd love to have a Pearl Jam lunchbox, lol! ).

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    Well, I found out about it three hours after it sold out. ):
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    pjradio said:

Would have much rather had a Vault release or something similar. Something thats new to us. ...I have 5-6 different versions of TEN as it is (original vinyl, boxset, cassette, basketball, etc) It wouldn't be something I would actually listen to anyway. Seems like a Flippers gift to me.

Lots of people probably don't have Ten on vinyl at all, or theirs is so old they need a new one.... This is a Pearl Jam album. Nothing to criticize here. But yeah, I also really want to see another Vault release on vinyl!! That would be amazing!
  • Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,015
    Ok. So this was once again another thing released over night Australian time. I woke to this nightmare.

If anyone was lucky enough and got multiples at Newbury and wants to make someone really happy please PM me.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    I just wish I had gotten three lps since my debit card was triple charged for one order...
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Snagged one, but it was dumb luck. Didn't get the email until after it was sold out. Missed out on the past 3-4 releases, so happy to have scored this. You win some you lose some
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,648
    PJ_Soul said:

pjradio said:

Lots of people probably don't have Ten on vinyl at all, or theirs is so old they need a new one.... This is a Pearl Jam album. Nothing to criticize here. But yeah, I also really want to see another Vault release on vinyl!! That would be amazing!
    You can walk into any indie record store and get the ten redux. This was for collectors.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options

Hawk123 said:

boyo79 said:

Hawk123 said:

How many versions of ten do we really need? Why can't they release No Code, Yield, Riot Act on regular, black, 180 gram vinyl that we can listen to instead of these gimmick releases, 120 gram on a different color.

10c/PJ love their gimmick releases. It's a bizarre release but an easy 30k in an hour for 10c. You can see why they do it, they know their fanbase will buy anything that is 'limited edition'.

Uhhhh, like, beside their MUSIC?
    Let's see.... I've never seen PJ on a cartoon on Saturday morning, have you? Come on.
    I am so confused by the psychology behind all this. How can a band reissuing a special edition of one of their albums make people upset and start comparing them to KISS because of useless non-music related merch? What is wrong with
    ComeToTX said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjradio said:

You can walk into any indie record store and get the ten redux. This was for collectors.
    Yeah, but why would you get the black one if you can get a special edition one, collector or not? Also, what does collector mean to you? I collect vinyl... I also play all of it.
  • Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    I'm not sure how anyone can say this is a money grab when they only sold 2,000 at $30 a pop. After all the expenses involved and Newbury's cut, they might have enough to afford a meet-and-greet ticket to a Kiss concert.
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    edited April 2014

Hawk123 said:

boyo79 said:

Hawk123 said:

Post edited by Chief Broom on
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,647
    PJ_Soul said:

I can't believe people are complaining about them releasing special edition Ten on vinyl. imageimageimage Reissuing your own MUSIC isn't being a merch whore. Some of you are acting like they just offered up a lunchbox (if they had, all of you people saying they're merch whores would be SO mad if you didn't get the lunchbox! image And yes, I'd love to have a Pearl Jam lunchbox, lol! ).

Isn't releasing something that already exists but with a different color somewhat similar to being a merch whore? At least a lunch box doesn't already exist. Anyway, I wonder how much money they really make on this, and they probably look at it as a fun little item for the fans.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited April 2014

PJ_Soul said:

Isn't releasing something that already exists but with a different color somewhat similar to being a merch whore? At least a lunch box doesn't already exist. Anyway, I wonder how much money they really make on this, and they probably look at it as a fun little item for the fans.
    Why not make it a different colour? No, I don't think releasing reissues on vinyl that isn't black makes anyone a merch whore (but I personally don't give a shit what PJ sells. They COULD sell PJ coffins and I wouldn't mind... I plan on being cremated anyway. :D ).