Options

Ten Club/Newbury Comics RSD Coke Bottle Clear Vinyl Ten LP in Shop.

Comments

• Options
    Clearly you cant issue 100000 emaila similtaneously so not everyone would ever have a chance of receiving the email before something like this is sold out. Imo things like this should go on sale on a notified day and at a notified time so the email should only ever tell you the date and time. That way everyone no matter where they are in the world would have a chance of logging on and getting one. The current system is stupid and highly frustrating!
    168dcfb.jpg
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,451
    Why does PJ keep doing these super exclusives?
    Most 45's, Benny, Sevens, now this...
    To torture me...?
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,735
    So something like the Constitution Hall vinyl, with its awesome packaging and the fact that it's a first on vinyl, will sit around that auction site and LD, while Ten, which has a zillion versions out already (OK I exaggerate) gets scopped up like it's the second coming of Benaroya Hall??!!!
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    What is happening? These LP's go on eBay for topdollars. Is this what Pearl Jam stands for?
    Cheers, take care!

Belgiancropduster
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659

I have a Benny vinyl and I am looking to track for this Ten version and Sevens singles.

I'd say I'm your man... but I'm going to wait and see where this will wind up lying on the flippability index before committing...

What's the state of your Benny?
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I'd be nice if we received more of an advanced warning for these types of sales.......
    photo pearljamsirens_zpsc50a7be2.gif
  • Options
    BE9456BE9456 Posts: 148
    Would be nice if they let us know if they are going to issue another 20 editions of this like newburry does with all their vinyl.
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834

Clearly you cant issue 100000 emaila similtaneously so not everyone would ever have a chance of receiving the email before something like this is sold out. Imo things like this should go on sale on a notified day and at a notified time so the email should only ever tell you the date and time. That way everyone no matter where they are in the world would have a chance of logging on and getting one. The current system is stupid and highly frustrating!

Then everybody would be complaining about the servers crashing etc, I'm not sure how that would be any better.

• Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,451
    edited April 2014
    10c must enjoy all the pain they give us... :-O :(( :)) =))
    Post edited by Spoken on
  • Options
    Raulcf77Raulcf77 Posts: 14
    Goodbye tenclub, enough for me. Im not paying to torture me loosing all the time this superlimited editions, for that better not to be member.
  • Options
    jwillmojwillmo Posts: 470

enesset said:

Is anyone still as dumb as me sitting at Newbury's site with in in your cart spinning "Transferring data from www.newburycomics.com"

Mine did exactly that and after 5 or so minutes completed.

Mine's been doing that for 20 minutes now...
  • Options
    arakiasarakias Posts: 281
    Spoken said:

Why does PJ keep doing these super exclusives?
    Most 45's, Benny, Sevens, now this...
    To torture me...?

I doubt PJ did this - its a Newbury thing most likely.
  • Options
    jwillmo said:

enesset said:

Is anyone still as dumb as me sitting at Newbury's site with in in your cart spinning "Transferring data from www.newburycomics.com"

Fair enough, I've got my fingers crossed for you :)

• Options
    TheseGoToElevenTheseGoToEleven Charlotte, NC Posts: 106
    Folks, don't do anything rash until April 2nd. Remember the day. Just saying. :)
    [i]Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?[/i]
  • Options
    Got the email too late....April Fools Jokes? how much will the flippers be selling this for? :)
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,876
    PJ_Soul said:

2000 people here are perfectly happy.

Far from fact. Newbury had a limit of FIVE per person.
  • Options

jwillmo said:

enesset said:

Of course, it's the part where I put my credit card info in. Of course it is. I hate when it happens there, I don't wanna do anything so I don't get double charged or whatnot. It's getting to a ridiculous level though now. Still spinning though, so still holding hope! " Your purchase has been submitted. Please wait while your transaction is processed." Wait I shall!
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,623
    I wouldnt worry about double-charge, you can always correct that later
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

I wouldnt worry about double-charge, you can always correct that later

It's my debit card the day before payday. I sorta have to worry about that :)
  • Options
    jwillmo said:

jwillmo said:

enesset said:

Of course, it's the part where I put my credit card info in. Of course it is. I hate when it happens there, I don't wanna do anything so I don't get double charged or whatnot. It's getting to a ridiculous level though now. Still spinning though, so still holding hope! " Your purchase has been submitted. Please wait while your transaction is processed." Wait I shall!
    try opening the same page in a new tab (obviously don't close the original page!) and see if it's still in your basket

• Options
    stukatzstukatz Posts: 110
    People, if we all refused to stop paying these stupid high secondary market prices for anything-PJ, then there would not be a secondary market and flippers would be non-existent. Those who actually would want the Pono, or vinyl, or 45, or whatever, would actually be able to purchase it at the appropriate price rather than at a 200% markup.

Just sayin'...

For the record, I have never flipped but have paid higher prices for items I wanted (Lost Dogs, LO2L, Avocado) and it's very frustrating.
  • Options

jwillmo said:

jwillmo said:

enesset said:

try opening the same page in a new tab (obviously don't close the original page!) and see if it's still in your basket

It is. Is that good or bad, haha?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,750
    edited April 2014
    ewokpelts said:

JimmyV said:

I agree that there is a lot of merchandise for sale and that sometimes there is too much. But given the new album and AMAZING tour just last year, I find the notion that they are "just" about merchandise to be laughable. This is a band that is still kicking ass.

wrigley field. all i have to say.

What do you mean by that? Do you want the band to stop selling merch at shows? Yes, the merch lines were stupid, but that doesn't mean the band is "all about merchandise". It means they need to staff their merch stands better at big venues.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    jwillmo said:

jwillmo said:

jwillmo said:

enesset said:

jwillmo said:

jwillmo said:

jwillmo said:

enesset said:

Hard to say! I was going to suggest trying a different credit card or something, or maybe check your credit card account to see if a payment has been authorised, might just be that Newbury's site is screwed up.

• Options
    ewokpeltsewokpelts Posts: 709
    shep said:

I have a Benny vinyl and I am looking to track for this Ten version and Sevens singles.

I'd say I'm your man... but I'm going to wait and see where this will wind up lying on the flippability index before committing...

What's the state of your Benny?
    proves my fuckingpoint

• Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    These boards make my head hurt. Back to vinyl collective.
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    ewokpeltsewokpelts Posts: 709
    PJ_Soul said:

ewokpelts said:

JimmyV said:

I agree that there is a lot of merchandise for sale and that sometimes there is too much. But given the new album and AMAZING tour just last year, I find the notion that they are "just" about merchandise to be laughable. This is a band that is still kicking ass.

What do you mean by that? Do you want the band to stop selling merch at shows? Yes, the merch lines were stupid, but that doesn't mean the band is "all about merchandise". It means they need to staff their merch stands better at big venues.
    THREE DAYS OF MERCH SALES? 5-7 hour wait just to buy what was left? FOUR FUCKING POSTERS FOR ONE SHOW?

• Options

jwillmo said:

jwillmo said:

jwillmo said:

enesset said:

jwillmo said:

jwillmo said:

jwillmo said:

enesset said:

Hard to say! I was going to suggest trying a different credit card or something, or maybe check your credit card account to see if a payment has been authorised, might just be that Newbury's site is screwed up.

F it. I'm gonna get out of this spinning one and try again since it's still in my cart. Apparently Newbury is telling people it's sold out, so either they're counting ones allocated in the cart (which it still is in mine) or they're not and I'm, SOL anyway. Either way, this is one of those "cool if I get it, no big loss if I don't" situations. I have an original pressing and the Super Deluxe version, I'll be ok haha.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,750
    edited April 2014
    ewokpelts said:

PJ_Soul said:

ewokpelts said:

JimmyV said:

THREE DAYS OF MERCH SALES? 5-7 hour wait just to buy what was left? FOUR FUCKING POSTERS FOR ONE SHOW?

That show was a big deal. Didn't seem weird to me. With more than 40,000 people going, I thought it was appropriate to have more items. The time it took to wait in line for the shit is fucked up though, I'll agree with you there. Very badly organized. They need to get more staff in when they have something huge like that happening. WAY more staff.
    At any rate, why are you so mad about it?? Just don't buy the merch, and enjoy the show - they still put on the best shows in rock.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,623
    jwillmo said:

jwillmo said:

jwillmo said:

jwillmo said:

enesset said:

jwillmo said:

jwillmo said:

jwillmo said:

enesset said:

F it. I'm gonna get out of this spinning one and try again since it's still in my cart. Apparently Newbury is telling people it's sold out, so either they're counting ones allocated in the cart (which it still is in mine) or they're not and I'm, SOL anyway. Either way, this is one of those "cool if I get it, no big loss if I don't" situations. I have an original pressing and the Super Deluxe version, I'll be ok haha.

just dont close the browser. use additional tabs