Options

Ten Club/Newbury Comics RSD Coke Bottle Clear Vinyl Ten LP in Shop.

Comments

• Options
    ewokpeltsewokpelts Posts: 709
    PJ-Cubs said:

ewokpelts said:

PJ_Soul said:

ewokpelts said:

It's sad that this band has become all about merchandising now. "Taxing the cult".

How so? 2000 people here are perfectly happy. If you don't want it don't buy it, but this is far from "sad". It's vinyl. Vinyl is awesome to a lot of people. And the band isn't all about merchandising now. Haven't you seen any shows lately? They're fucking awesome. Also, there is this new album I think....
    what i saw at wrigley has soured me big time.

Wrigley merch was an EPIC disaster.
    the whole wrigley experience has made me less enthused about the band in general.
  • Options
    jwillmojwillmo Posts: 470
    jwillmo said:

jwillmo said:

jwillmo said:

jwillmo said:

enesset said:

Is anyone still as dumb as me sitting at Newbury's site with in in your cart spinning "Transferring data from www.newburycomics.com"

Mine did exactly that and after 5 or so minutes completed.

Mine's been doing that for 20 minutes now...
    Fair enough, I've got my fingers crossed for you :)

Of course, it's the part where I put my credit card info in. Of course it is. I hate when it happens there, I don't wanna do anything so I don't get double charged or whatnot. It's getting to a ridiculous level though now. Still spinning though, so still holding hope! " Your purchase has been submitted. Please wait while your transaction is processed." Wait I shall!
    try opening the same page in a new tab (obviously don't close the original page!) and see if it's still in your basket

It is. Is that good or bad, haha?
    jwillmo said:

jwillmo said:

jwillmo said:

enesset said:

Is anyone still as dumb as me sitting at Newbury's site with in in your cart spinning "Transferring data from www.newburycomics.com"

Of course, it's the part where I put my credit card info in. Of course it is. I hate when it happens there, I don't wanna do anything so I don't get double charged or whatnot. It's getting to a ridiculous level though now. Still spinning though, so still holding hope! " Your purchase has been submitted. Please wait while your transaction is processed." Wait I shall!
    try opening the same page in a new tab (obviously don't close the original page!) and see if it's still in your basket

Hard to say! I was going to suggest trying a different credit card or something, or maybe check your credit card account to see if a payment has been authorised, might just be that Newbury's site is screwed up.

F it. I'm gonna get out of this spinning one and try again since it's still in my cart. Apparently Newbury is telling people it's sold out, so either they're counting ones allocated in the cart (which it still is in mine) or they're not and I'm, SOL anyway. Either way, this is one of those "cool if I get it, no big loss if I don't" situations. I have an original pressing and the Super Deluxe version, I'll be ok haha.
    Well shit, I apparently should have done that 30 minutes ago. It went through in like a second that time. Got an email, card authorized. Woo hoo! Heads up for anyone else in my situation.
  • Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    I think people enjoy it. If they didn't they wouldn't be selling them.

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,750
    ewokpelts said:

PJ-Cubs said:

ewokpelts said:

PJ_Soul said:

ewokpelts said:

It's sad that this band has become all about merchandising now. "Taxing the cult".

How so? 2000 people here are perfectly happy. If you don't want it don't buy it, but this is far from "sad". It's vinyl. Vinyl is awesome to a lot of people. And the band isn't all about merchandising now. Haven't you seen any shows lately? They're fucking awesome. Also, there is this new album I think....

the whole wrigley experience has made me less enthused about the band in general.
    Huh. Interesting. Why? Because of a storm?
    If you feel like this but waited in the merch lines anyway, no one's fault but your own probably.... I personally didn't wait in any merch line there at all and had a blast (and still got one poster).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

ewokpelts said:

PJ_Soul said:

ewokpelts said:

JimmyV said:

I agree that there is a lot of merchandise for sale and that sometimes there is too much. But given the new album and AMAZING tour just last year, I find the notion that they are "just" about merchandise to be laughable. This is a band that is still kicking ass.

wrigley field. all i have to say.

What do you mean by that? Do you want the band to stop selling merch at shows? Yes, the merch lines were stupid, but that doesn't mean the band is "all about merchandise". It means they need to staff their merch stands better at big venues.
    THREE DAYS OF MERCH SALES? 5-7 hour wait just to buy what was left? FOUR FUCKING POSTERS FOR ONE SHOW?

That show was a big deal. Didn't seem weird to me. With more than 40,000 people going, I thought it was appropriate to have more items. The time it took to wait in line for the shit is fucked up though, I'll agree with you there. Very badly organized. They need to get more staff in when they have something huge like that happening. WAY more staff.
    At any rate, why are you so mad about it?? Just don't buy the merch, and enjoy the show - they still put on the best shows in rock.
    i've never waited more than 10 minutes to buy merch at any show before. from any band. including the stones at a stadium bigger than wrigley.

hell, pj 20 was only 5 minute wait.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    october22 said:

No idea what I just bought.

:))

i am 100% with you. if someone could please clarify, that would be great :)
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,396
    Seattle was similar. There was a bigass lineup the day before the Seattle show and the day of the Show. It looked pretty long and crazy. I ended up not wanting to spend the day in the lineup. When I got into the venue I was able to buy a poster and they had plenty of most everything else too.

With lineups that long they must be selling merch hand over fist. I guess the limited quanties develop the "I better get one before I can't" mentality.

I bit bummed I missed out on this one. As you can tell by my post I monitor the forums frequently through the day and still missed this one.
  • Options
    RD101189RD101189 A distant time, a distant space Posts: 454
    Surprised Newbury wasn't limiting sales to 1 per person. I'm sure there were people loading up on multiple copies to flip on ebay. At least 10C did one per member. I got lucky and happened to check email and got one from the 10C. Finally I was able to get some limited PJ vinyl! =D>
    09/08/1992 - Phoenix, AZ
    07/08/1998 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/21/2000 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/19/2013 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/22/2014 - Denver, CO
    05/09/2022 - Phoenix, AZ
    09/22/2022 - Denver, CO
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    jwillmo said:

jwillmo said:

jwillmo said:

jwillmo said:

jwillmo said:

enesset said:

jwillmo said:

jwillmo said:

jwillmo said:

enesset said:

Hard to say! I was going to suggest trying a different credit card or something, or maybe check your credit card account to see if a payment has been authorised, might just be that Newbury's site is screwed up.

F it. I'm gonna get out of this spinning one and try again since it's still in my cart. Apparently Newbury is telling people it's sold out, so either they're counting ones allocated in the cart (which it still is in mine) or they're not and I'm, SOL anyway. Either way, this is one of those "cool if I get it, no big loss if I don't" situations. I have an original pressing and the Super Deluxe version, I'll be ok haha.
    Well shit, I apparently should have done that 30 minutes ago. It went through in like a second that time. Got an email, card authorized. Woo hoo! Heads up for anyone else in my situation.
    Nice!

• Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    rcbeards over on ebay is gonna clear about $1,300 on his five sales. ^:)^
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I got the email for this 45 minutes ago. I come to buy one for a gift and it says it's sold out. Yet there is still the "add to cart" button?
    sigh.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

ewokpelts said:

PJ-Cubs said:

ewokpelts said:

PJ_Soul said:

ewokpelts said:

If you feel like this but waited in the merch lines anyway, no one's fault but your own probably.... I personally didn't wait in any merch line there at all and had a blast (and still got one poster).
    the rain delay was not what bothered me.

although they SHOULD have cancelled the show and came back later.
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    (:|
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    gbridgemangbridgeman Posts: 122
    as usual....miss out, 5.37am new zealand time, asleep so dont get email till 7.30 and there gone....
    please do set time sales so everyone has a chance...
  • Options
    PJ-Cubs said:

ewokpelts said:

PJ_Soul said:

ewokpelts said:

wrigley was a shit show of epic proportions.

i feel like whenever the wrigley show comes up in conversation with friends, i feel like we spend more time talking about our experiences dealing with the merch and merch lines more than discussing the actual show.

what a shit load of fuck that all was!
  • Options

Half of me is waiting for the APRIL FOOLS to drop on this one. Would be a good one.

i don't get it?

april fools, there is no vinyl but we got your money bitches!?
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    London was the real show. thanks again for those front row centers ten club. I was able to cross something off the bucket list that night. MUCH OBLIGED
    ewokpelts said:

PJ_Soul said:

ewokpelts said:

PJ-Cubs said:

ewokpelts said:

PJ_Soul said:

ewokpelts said:

• Options
    enessetenesset Posts: 13
    Ooooh I'm frustrated, weblink shows an order number but its just sitting there spinning.....WTF
  • Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    Just got the 10C email. :))

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    ewokpelts said:

PJ_Soul said:

ewokpelts said:

PJ-Cubs said:

ewokpelts said:

PJ_Soul said:

ewokpelts said:

Oh come on. That would have worked really great for the 90% of the crowd who traveled from somewhere else (there was another concert the next night in case you forgot). At least they would have been able to say they spent a ton of money flying to Chicago to wait in line to buy a poster... but not the good Cracker Jack poster, it was sold out after they waited 5 hours both days. Wrigley was as good as it could have been with the weather problems.

If people didn't like the merch lines, then dont buy merch. I read about the horrible times and the heat on the board here in the days leading up to the show and decided I was not even going to bother. My friend waited in line for less than an hour around when the gates opened before the show and we bought some shirts and trading cards and pennants and alien poster was all that was left.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    ewokpelts said:

and come back when? how do you possibly begin to reschedule an event like that, especially one in which pearl jam management knows that the crowd was 80-90% out of towners that spent good cash on getting to chicago for this one show.

wrigleyville would have been burnt to the ground by 50,000 pissed, drunk (pissed drunk), overheated fans if the plug was pulled on the show after a three hour rain delay. playing was the best possible thing they could have done to avoid a major situation.

• Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    another "Ten" lp....image
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    PJ51390PJ51390 Atlanta Posts: 728
    callen said:

How about a plain jane no frills non limited edition reissue of Yield.

+1

Crazy how we get into a feeding frenzy over anything limited and pj related. sure many had no clue what they were buying. Should put limited edition pj soiled diapers on sale and they'd sell out. :D

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    edited April 2014
    PJ-Cubs said:

ewokpelts said:

PJ_Soul said:

ewokpelts said:

Yes, Wrigley merch was a f*cking disaster. I really do not understand why they sold merch outside where any a**hole could get it. I traveled over 4,000 miles to get to that show. I had to spend 4x face value for the posters. The show itself is/was an awesome memory. I would still like some of those trading cards. Dagnabit!!!!!!!!
    Post edited by buck502000 on
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,644
    rssesq said:

rcbeards over on ebay is gonna clear about $1,300 on his five sales. ^:)^

For the same tunes we've been listening to for 23 years. It's just a different color, people. I'd be excited if it were some new MUSIC.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,424
    rival. said:

ewokpelts said:

and come back when? how do you possibly begin to reschedule an event like that, especially one in which pearl jam management knows that the crowd was 80-90% out of towners that spent good cash on getting to chicago for this one show.

wrigleyville would have been burnt to the ground by 50,000 pissed, drunk (pissed drunk), overheated fans if the plug was pulled on the show after a three hour rain delay. playing was the best possible thing they could have done to avoid a major situation.

Exactly. And let's not forget it was baseball season. There is a team (well, if you can call 'em that) plays there. The logistics of planning such an event take a loooooooooooooong time to sort out. Imagine telling 50k people they have to come back a month or a year later. Pandemonium!!
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    rival. said:

PJ-Cubs said:

ewokpelts said:

PJ_Soul said:

ewokpelts said:

wrigley was a shit show of epic proportions.

i feel like whenever the wrigley show comes up in conversation with friends, i feel like we spend more time talking about our experiences dealing with the merch and merch lines more than discussing the actual show.

what a shit load of fuck that all was!
    Don't get me wrong - the Wrigley concert experience was amazing. The band was on stage until 2AM, played some new songs for the first time ever, and I got to see my favorite band in one of my favorite places in the world. Even hanging outside at a bar with friends listening to soundcheck the night before was awesome.

The merch was a whole different story. People waiting in line for 4+ hours in 100 degree heat. Flippers taking advantage of the excitement around the show. The whole thing was a mess but I am not sure if 10C could have done anything about it (except maybe a poster pre-sale)

• Options
    keithlaw1974keithlaw1974 Blacko, UK Posts: 137
    I'm joining in on the pissed off side of things, here in the UK we got the email at 5.42pm, when I see on the Forum people had been celebrating their purchases from 4pm. No doubt it sold out in about 30 mins, so we never had a chance of a purchase.
    Really pisses me off the PJ would 'allow' Newbury Records to let people buy 5 units - why, where is the logic? Who would want 5 exempt flippers, these flippers are so called PJ Fans but will be more than happy to rip off the people that have supported the bad through the years.
    Why can't they just make 10,000 make a stack of cash for the charities they support and keep the fans happy - oh and send emails out so everyone has a fair crack at actually buying something.
    End of rant........
    London, England 06-25-2010, Belfast, Northern Ireland 06-23-2010, Berlin, Germany 07-04-2012, Manchester, UK 06-20-2012, Seattle, WA 12-06-2013, Amsterdam, Holland 06-16-2014, Berlin, Germany 06-26-2014, Leeds, UK 07-08-2014, Milton Keynes, UK 07-11-2014, New York MSG 1 & 2
    Eddie Vedder Solo - London, England 07-30-1012
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,373
    This isn't an April Fools joke then? This was really for sale? Someone actually got one?

This went quicker than sevens...
  • Options
    zluck11zluck11 DFW, Texas Posts: 110
    rssesq said:

London was the real show. thanks again for those front row centers ten club. I was able to cross something off the bucket list that night. MUCH OBLIGED

ewokpelts said:

PJ_Soul said:

ewokpelts said:

PJ-Cubs said:

ewokpelts said:

PJ_Soul said:

ewokpelts said:

Absolutely! I went to both of those shows...London was so much better (setlist and energy-wise). It was definitely in my top 3. More related to this thread, I lucked out on one of these copies. I'd say I'm not going to even open it, but that would be a big fat lie. Oh well.
    I've been to some shows...