Ten Club/Newbury Comics RSD Coke Bottle Clear Vinyl Ten LP in Shop.

Comments

• rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    edited April 2014
    fuck the clear ten vinyl. my RSD score is going to be a clear ghostbuster vinyl (THAT GLOWS IN THE DARK)

• scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,460
    I appreciate that they repress and do different releases of the same stuff, and that it's limited. I love collecting records, to be honest, part of the fun is NOT getting everything. How boring would it be if it was all easy to come by?

I got this one, didn't get sevens. If I could open up a browser and buy a sevens whenever I felt like it or a No Code, or whatever, that would be pretty boring, at least for me.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,028
    PJ_Soul said:

Hawk123 said:

boyo79 said:

Hawk123 said:

How many versions of ten do we really need? Why can't they release No Code, Yield, Riot Act on regular, black, 180 gram vinyl that we can listen to instead of these gimmick releases, 120 gram on a different color.

10c/PJ love their gimmick releases. It's a bizarre release but an easy 30k in an hour for 10c. You can see why they do it, they know their fanbase will buy anything that is 'limited edition'.
    Good point. They'll be turning into Kiss pretty soon.

They're not already? What separates them?

Uhhhh, like, beside their MUSIC?
    Let's see.... I've never seen PJ on a cartoon on Saturday morning, have you? Come on.
    I am so confused by the psychology behind all this. How can a band reissuing a special edition of one of their albums make people upset and start comparing them to KISS because of useless non-music related merch? What is wrong with
    ComeToTX said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjradio said:

Would have much rather had a Vault release or something similar. Something thats new to us. ...I have 5-6 different versions of TEN as it is (original vinyl, boxset, cassette, basketball, etc) It wouldn't be something I would actually listen to anyway. Seems like a Flippers gift to me.

Lots of people probably don't have Ten on vinyl at all, or theirs is so old they need a new one.... This is a Pearl Jam album. Nothing to criticize here. But yeah, I also really want to see another Vault release on vinyl!! That would be amazing!
    You can walk into any indie record store and get the ten redux. This was for collectors.
    Yeah, but why would you get the black one if you can get a special edition one, collector or not? Also, what does collector mean to you? I collect vinyl... I also play all of it.
    I have no problem with them releasing collectors’ items of vinyl that have been released a dozen times already. It’s just annoying that they can’t reissue 5 of their albums that are selling for absurd prices.
  • BRAIN0FJAYBRAIN0FJAY Posts: 989
    edited April 2014
    Blah!
    Post edited by BRAIN0FJAY on
    ...So much talk it makes no sense at all...
  • Well done to those who got this! Hail hail! I personally missed the whole thing, didn't even check my email until a few minutes ago... Oh well, enjoy it if you got it!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • mick29mick29 Posts: 37

Ok. So this was once again another thing released over night Australian time. I woke to this nightmare.

If anyone was lucky enough and got multiples at Newbury and wants to make someone really happy please PM me.

Exactly, the email came through for me at 3:17am, I was up around 5:30ish, checked emails about 20 mins later, followed link with not much hope of success and was not surprised they were sold out. Would it be too hard to release something at a time when at least most people are awake? Not the first time.
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    even something as trivial as this release, it sure does liven the place up. :)]
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    Hawk123 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Hawk123 said:

boyo79 said:

Hawk123 said:

How many versions of ten do we really need? Why can't they release No Code, Yield, Riot Act on regular, black, 180 gram vinyl that we can listen to instead of these gimmick releases, 120 gram on a different color.

10c/PJ love their gimmick releases. It's a bizarre release but an easy 30k in an hour for 10c. You can see why they do it, they know their fanbase will buy anything that is 'limited edition'.

Let's see.... I've never seen PJ on a cartoon on Saturday morning, have you? Come on.
    I am so confused by the psychology behind all this. How can a band reissuing a special edition of one of their albums make people upset and start comparing them to KISS because of useless non-music related merch? What is wrong with
    ComeToTX said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjradio said:

Would have much rather had a Vault release or something similar. Something thats new to us. ...I have 5-6 different versions of TEN as it is (original vinyl, boxset, cassette, basketball, etc) It wouldn't be something I would actually listen to anyway. Seems like a Flippers gift to me.

Lots of people probably don't have Ten on vinyl at all, or theirs is so old they need a new one.... This is a Pearl Jam album. Nothing to criticize here. But yeah, I also really want to see another Vault release on vinyl!! That would be amazing!
    You can walk into any indie record store and get the ten redux. This was for collectors.
    Yeah, but why would you get the black one if you can get a special edition one, collector or not? Also, what does collector mean to you? I collect vinyl... I also play all of it.
    I have no problem with them releasing collectors’ items of vinyl that have been released a dozen times already. It’s just annoying that they can’t reissue 5 of their albums that are selling for absurd prices.
    Yeah, reissues of the rest of their catalog is LONG overdue. However, that's no reason for people to shit on this release. It's not like they aren't reissuing No Code through S/T because they released this thing instead.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    damn now I want a PJ lunchbox.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 Posts: 4,435
    edited April 2014
    rival. said:

fuck the clear ten vinyl. my RSD score is going to be a clear ghostbuster vinyl (THAT GLOWS IN THE DARK)

That is badass. I would take that over a different color of Ten that I already have multiple formats of any day. :)

That is especially cool to me because Ghostbusters is one of the first records (45s) I ever bought as a kid.
    Post edited by High Fidelity 2000 on
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!

even something as trivial as this release, it sure does liven the place up. :)]

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • The two sexiest, biggest turn-ons around here: NUMBERED AND COLORED
    [i]Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?[/i]
  • MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209

The two sexiest, biggest turn-ons around here: NUMBERED AND COLORED

=))

• PJ_Soul said:

I can't believe people are complaining about them releasing special edition Ten on vinyl. imageimageimage Reissuing your own MUSIC isn't being a merch whore. Some of you are acting like they just offered up a lunchbox (if they had, all of you people saying they're merch whores would be SO mad if you didn't get the lunchbox! image And yes, I'd love to have a Pearl Jam lunchbox, lol! ).

I would totally buy a Pearl Jam lunch box! I'd buy two and trade one for the Ten transparent green vinyl. ;)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • HoccapukHoccapuk Posts: 532

rival. said:

That is badass. I would take that over a different color of Ten that I already have multiple formats of any day. :)

That is especially cool to me because Ghostbusters is one of the first records (45s) I ever bought as a kid.
    I fully agree, would any kind sole be willing to hook me up with one of these beauty's seeing as I live no where near an actual record store...
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,076
    So who was lucky and got 5? Obviously a few are on the bay from the same person...
  • jlaustinjlaustin Posts: 2,355

They COULD sell PJ coffins and I wouldn't mind... I plan on being cremated anyway.

Thanks PJ Soul - now I need a PJ urn! 8->
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,926
    JB128716 said:

I'm not sure how anyone can say this is a money grab when they only sold 2,000 at $30 a pop. After all the expenses involved and Newbury's cut, they might have enough to afford a meet-and-greet ticket to a Kiss concert.

Agreed. It only works out to $60,000 total before expenses and giving everyone their cut. That's almost not worth the effort profit wise. This was definitely for fans and collectors. It would have been more of a money grab if they sold a bazillion of them and made it an unlimited pressing.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    PJ_Soul said:

That smiley is freakin great!
  • rssesqrssesq Posts: 3,299

PJ_Soul said:

That smiley is freakin great!
    It reminds me of Woody A. Kinda pervy
  • EnterThanmanEnterThanman Posts: 1,057
    PJ_Soul said:

Hawk123 said:

boyo79 said:

Hawk123 said:

Seriously? Obviously, they have written different songs than Kiss, yes. Great point. This is also what separates them from every other band in the world, ever. :-q
    No one is starting to compare them to Kiss, it's well established they are like Kiss, these releases just offer an excuse to discuss it.
    They have done everything Kiss has minus cartoons, but they did do a two hour feature length movie celebrating themselves. Plus, admit it, the Backspacer art was dying to be made into a Saturday morning cartoon.

They are merch whores, it's a fact. Obviously not because of re-relasing an album for the 15th time, but because, off the top of my head, they make backpacks, iphone covers, IPad covers, Pearl Jam branded Pono players, a clothing line (plaid shirts anyone?), baseball cards, flags, toys, skateboards, shoes, pins, pennants, key chains, zippo lighters, playing cards.
    I really don't understand how this is even a debate anymore.

The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316

PJ_Soul said:

Hawk123 said:

boyo79 said:

Hawk123 said:

Seriously? Obviously, they have written different songs than Kiss, yes. Great point. This is also what separates them from every other band in the world, ever. :-q
    No one is starting to compare them to Kiss, it's well established they are like Kiss, these releases just offer an excuse to discuss it.
    They have done everything Kiss has minus cartoons, but they did do a two hour feature length movie celebrating themselves. Plus, admit it, the Backspacer art was dying to be made into a Saturday morning cartoon.

They are merch whores, it's a fact. Obviously not because of re-relasing an album for the 15th time, but because, off the top of my head, they make backpacks, iphone covers, IPad covers, Pearl Jam branded Pono players, a clothing line (plaid shirts anyone?), baseball cards, flags, toys, skateboards, shoes, pins, pennants, key chains, zippo lighters, playing cards.
    I really don't understand how this is even a debate anymore.

You forgot dog collars

• EnterThanmanEnterThanman Posts: 1,057
    edited April 2014
    PJ_Soul said:
    Damn, that's really something. Okay Kiss is worse, I'll concede that one, but PJ is still much closer to Kiss than Fugazi, a name that Eddie loves to drop as being a band with "similar ideals".

The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,076

PJ_Soul said:
    Damn, that's really something. Okay Kiss is worse, I'll concede that one, but PJ is still much closer to Kiss than Fugazi, a name that Eddie loves to drop as being a band with "similar ideals".

Mr Vedder assimilates PJ to Fugazi? Never knew that. I guess he didn't realize that MacKaye invented straightedge either...
  • Don't forget about the sheep. Yeah, sheep.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    edited April 2014

PJ_Soul said:

Mr Vedder assimilates PJ to Fugazi? Never knew that. I guess he didn't realize that MacKaye invented straightedge either...
    Eddie loves Fugazi (of course. they are amazing :) ). He doesn't try to be like Fugazi. I never understood why people bring up Fugazi like that all the time, as though Eddie is supposed to emulate them.
    Also, basically all bands are closer to KISS than Fugazi, lol.
    Anyway, obviously I don't personally give a shit that PJ sells non-music merch. I rarely buy it (I have a few posters and a few of the EV zippos, and hell yes, I would get a lunchbox if they offered one because that would be hilarious). Not sure why ANYONE cares if they do or why having a bit of merch (because honestly, PJ really doesn't have that much of it at all!) makes them "merch whores". Isn't that a really huge exaggeration, as well as unfair when you're reacting to them selling their actual music?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • jerparker20jerparker20 Posts: 2,461
    I love how these limited release make grown-ups turn into a bunch of little kids.

It's record people.
  • oysterjaroysterjar Posts: 1,235
    edited April 2014
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Eddie loves Fugazi (of course. they are amazing :) ). He doesn't try to be like Fugazi. I never understood why people bring up Fugazi like that all the time, as though Eddie is supposed to emulate them.
    Also, basically all bands are closer to KISS than Fugazi, lol.
    Anyway, obviously I don't personally give a shit that PJ sells non-music merch. I rarely buy it (I have a few posters and a few of the EV zippos, and hell yes, I would get a lunchbox if they offered one because that would be hilarious). Not sure why ANYONE cares if they do or why having a bit of merch (because honestly, PJ really doesn't have that much of it at all!) makes them "merch whores". Isn't that a really huge exaggeration, as well as unfair when you're reacting to them selling their actual music?
    Its quite simple: people soak up this stuff and that's why they sell it. If they didn't sell out of the stuff, or there wasn't a large demand then they wouldn't try to sell it. Some of those dog collars sold out. AAAAAnnd now I want a lunch box as well.
    Post edited by oysterjar on

Wind this thing up.

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    Time 4 a petition