PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    cutz said:

So the Red Sox sign Moncada. God damn it. If anything maybe this means some of their previously untouchable prospects might be available in a Cole trade...

If you believe the reports from Peter Gammons the Sox will not part with Blake Swiheart or Mookie Betts.

if they're contending come trade deadline and think hamels can put them over the top, don't you think they may be more open to including them now? especially with the yankees going through a down time? they just acquired one of the best prospects in the game...
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710

cutz said:

So the Red Sox sign Moncada. God damn it. If anything maybe this means some of their previously untouchable prospects might be available in a Cole trade...

If you believe the reports from Peter Gammons the Sox will not part with Blake Swiheart or Mookie Betts.

if they're contending come trade deadline and think hamels can put them over the top, don't you think they may be more open to including them now? especially with the yankees going through a down time? they just acquired one of the best prospects in the game...
    I could see them trading betts since his positions overlap with moncada, assuming moncada hits early in the year but I don't see the catcher going anywhere.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759

cutz said:

Yeah, that's possible. In fact the Sox should hold out until trade deadline, to see where there at in the standings . Who knows, it may not be Hamels. Sox don't like to pay pitchers in there 30's 20+ MILLION per. Should be interesting what happens with Hamels though. Phillies need to re-stock there Minors.

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,759

cutz said:

I could see them trading betts since his positions overlap with moncada, assuming moncada hits early in the year but I don't see the
    catcher going anywhere.
    Betts is so athletic that he can play just about anywhere. Plus, again, if you believe the reports the Sox think Betts is going to be a special player. Agree with the catcher as he's SUPPOSE to be a real good defensive catcher who switch-hits. But, these are the type of players the Phillies need.Can Amaro get any kind of these players?

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Dodgers are the best shot. Id love to see something like seager and zach bird

Prob a better chance of lee getting traded than there is of hamels being moved. I really hate amaro

Also the phils cheapness in the international market is almost as bad as their resistance to analytics. I hope they go 0-162
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I heard Howard is looking good so far, nice and trim.

HAHAHA
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    The Fixer said:

Dodgers are the best shot.

please, no.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited February 2015
    Has anyone seen this Goldbergs show on ABC yet? It's kind of like The Wonder Years but more of a comedy and it takes place in 1980's-ish suburban Philadelphia. So not only are there 80's pop culture refences left and right but every 30 seconds or so there is some kind of random Philly reference.

Wawa has been featured in a few episodes. They even show the old logo and shit (though in the show it sells alcohol). The one kid had Sixers and Eagles posters hanging up in his room. He was wearing a Tim Kerr jersey in this week's episode. This week they did a Ferris Buehler thing and they went and saw a Phils game at the Vet and almost caught a foul ball but a Von Hayes looking Phils player swiped it away from the kid---they even had the old school 80's jersey about right (though I think it was the gray road one now that I think of it--still cool though). A few weeks ago they had an episode that centered on Eagles fans and fraud Cowboys fans.

Jeff Garlin plays the dad (fat guy from Curb). He's hilarious. Check it out if you haven't done so yet. I can't believe how on point a lot of their references are to this area. The guy who created it is from around here somewhere.
    www.myspace.com
    I've been watching it from day 1. It's a great show. He's from the Willow Grove area.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

I've been watching it from day 1. It's a great show. He's from the Willow Grove area.

Yeah it is. I'm surprised it doesn't get talked about much, unless I'm not paying attention. The older brother has the same Randall Cunningham poster I had when I was a kid. Haha
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    the kid wears a Flyers jersey in every episode. And one episode I saw Jeff Garlin talked about getting ready to sit down to watch Dickie Noles pitch in the 1980 World Series. I've only seen it a few times but it's not bad and yes a ton of references to the area.
    just so you know....salt lake has a better Philly cheesesteak than philly.

Mooches.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

just so you know....salt lake has a better Philly cheesesteak than philly.

Mooches.

shut up
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    pjhawks said:

the kid wears a Flyers jersey in every episode. And one episode I saw Jeff Garlin talked about getting ready to sit down to watch Dickie Noles pitch in the 1980 World Series. I've only seen it a few times but it's not bad and yes a ton of references to the area.

i've only seen the first episode. i thought it was ok. Might have to start watching it again.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Is it possible for the Philadelphia schools to be any more of a disaster?

Yep, it most certainly is. What a joke. Not only can we not fund the schools, but we apparently can't run them either. Good god. Such a shame that I am going to eventually have to leave the city because of this shit show.
    they lost to Univ. of Tampa (a division 2 team)? :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

they lost to Univ. of Tampa (a division 2 team)? :lol:

is the NL East tougher than the Sunshine State Conference?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Howard 1-1
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Severino is one of the dudes the Phillies wanted for Byrd. ha.
    Howard 2-2, rbi
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

Howard 2-2, rbi

He's back!!!!!!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I saw jeff garlin do standup at helium. He got heckled so badly that he walked off the stage (he eventually came back). His standup was just ok but the heckler was top notch. He kept calling him mike golic

Never saw the show. Network tv shows are the same as terrestrial radio (fm and am), in that theyre mostly terrible.
    and we tied
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    kudos to Curt Schilling. guy can be a lout sometimes but I respect the hell out of him for standing up for his daughter against scum bag guys (one a yankees employee....shocking) on social media. it's amazing what some people will do or say on social media. it's a shame because social media can be such a great information tool but then people act like total tools on it.
    The Fixer said:

I saw jeff garlin do standup at helium. He got heckled so badly that he walked off the stage (he eventually came back). His standup was just ok but the heckler was top notch. He kept calling him mike golic

Never saw the show. Network tv shows are the same as terrestrial radio (fm and am), in that theyre mostly terrible.

haha...calling him mike golic seems appropriate for some reason. they are mostly garbage--this one is actually worth watching
    www.myspace.com
    whether they suck or not, it was nice to hear franske and la on the radio today.
    www.myspace.com
    Jeff garlin has the worst sense of humor of any "comedian" I have ever come across. Dude takes himself wayyyyyyy too seriously

Jeff garlin has the worst sense of humor of any "comedian" I have ever come across. Dude takes himself wayyyyyyy too seriously

you ever watch curb?
    www.myspace.com
    edited March 2015

you ever watch curb?
    Yeah, and he is good but his curb character is not who he is. I like him in curb but in general the guy takes himself too seriously. I have heard him in a few interviews that were just painful. He was pretty much straight up rude to the host
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on

you ever watch curb?
    Yeah, and he is good but his curb character is not who he is. I like him in curb but in general the guy takes himself too seriously. I have heard him in a few interviews that were just painful. He was pretty much straight up rude to the host
    Only seen him in Curb and this show...he's great in both
    www.myspace.com