Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    imalive said:

cliff lee = zero trade value

entire phils roster not named hamels = zero trade value

ryan howard actually has negative trade value
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    imalive said:

What if he starts throwing right handed?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,661
    JK_Livin said:

imalive said:

What if he starts throwing right handed?
    Like my man Pat Venditte

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=vendit001pat
  • Options
    whoever did the seedings for this bracket needs to find a new job. Also missing a lot of good songs...smile, I got ID, blood, whipping, last exit. Need the NIT bracket with all the songs I like.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,304
    The Fixer said:

whoever did the seedings for this bracket needs to find a new job. Also missing a lot of good songs...smile, I got ID, blood, whipping, last exit. Need the NIT bracket with all the songs I like.

it was based on the songs streamed on Spotify. thus Just Breathe as a #1 seed. pretty good idea but really bad execution.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

it was based on the songs streamed on Spotify. thus Just Breathe as a #1 seed. pretty good idea but really bad execution.
    What are you talking about?

Tour announcement Friday?
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,304

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

http://www.pearljam.com/news/0/1/22587/its_pearl_jam_madness

Spotify and PJ put together a bracket to pick the top PJ song. some great songs left out and some shit included.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

http://www.pearljam.com/news/0/1/22587/its_pearl_jam_madness

Spotify and PJ put together a bracket to pick the top PJ song. some great songs left out and some shit included.
    huh. Didn't see this.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

well, that explains it. people have awful taste

only 1 seed I had moving on a round was Alive. haha
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,791
    The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

well, that explains it. people have awful taste

only 1 seed I had moving on a round was Alive. haha
    These seeding are terrible. Some really tough picks. Given to Fly vs. Off He Goes? Indifference vs Black? Dissident vs. Release?
  • Options
    my final four

porch v rvm
    corduroy v small town

porch over cord
  • Options
    Uss Cunningham baby!!

Philly boxing is so awesome right now
  • Options
    Harold lederman just referenced blue horizon. Awesome
  • Options
    Wow...wow..
  • Options

Uss Cunningham baby!!

you're literally the only person on earth who cares about boxing. boxing is more depressing than horse racing
  • Options
    awesome that this thread has more boxing talk than spring training talk. the amaro era is great
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    The Fixer said:

Uss Cunningham baby!!

you're literally the only person on earth who cares about boxing. boxing is more depressing than horse racing
    Boxing is about to have the biggest fight in the history of the sport. Each fighter is gonna make close to a hundred million

Edit: it is a legitimate joke that this city does not pay attention to the sport, especially from a boxing city. Between Jennings who has a title fight to Garcia, Cunningham...
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options

The Fixer said:

Uss Cunningham baby!!

Boxing is about to have the biggest fight in the history of the sport. Each fighter is gonna make close to a hundred million

Edit: it is a legitimate joke that this city does not pay attention to the sport, especially from a boxing city. Between Jennings who has a title fight to Garcia, Cunningham...
    not a sport
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

Uss Cunningham baby!!

not a sport
    As a fact, it is the oldest sport
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    No one cares about boxing (and I'm not an mma fan at all...I'd rather watch boxing, which I never watch). I think nhl fights are better than both. people who want to abolish fighting in hockey are the same people who are against dodgeball.

http://deadspin.com/mayweather-vs-pacquiao-is-maybe-happening-five-year-1610144618
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

No one cares about boxing (and I'm not an mma fan at all...I'd rather watch boxing, which I never watch). I think nhl fights are better than both

http://deadspin.com/mayweather-vs-pacquiao-is-maybe-happening-five-year-1610144618

Thanks captain obvious. Floyd is a pussy. Still the biggest fight in 20 years and the highest grossing fight ever
  • Options
    If no one cares about boxing why are two dudes about to make close to a hundred million each? Who's paying them?
  • Options
    Dodgeball? Come again?
  • Options

If no one cares about boxing why are two dudes about to make close to a hundred million each? Who's paying them?

there will be plenty of dumb asses paying $100 (or whatever they're charging) to see this fight. then sunday morning everyone will be complaining about how boring it was or how shady the draw result was.

• Options
    edited March 2015

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

Uss Cunningham baby!!

not a sport
    I thought lacrosse was
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

there will be plenty of dumb asses paying $100 (or whatever they're charging) to see this fight. then sunday morning everyone will be complaining about how boring it was or how shady the draw result was.

I don't disagree. I think Floyd wins a boring fight. But you said "no one cares about boxing" when I'm fact both fighters are going to make close to Ryan Howard's contract for 36 minutes of fighting. So no one cares?
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

Uss Cunningham baby!!

not a sport
    I thought lacrosse was
    Syracuse is working it this year. I don't know. Hand to hand combat or mile field lacrosse. Regardless, upstate New York comes out tough
  • Options

The Fixer said:

I don't disagree. I think Floyd wins a boring fight. But you said "no one cares about boxing" when I'm fact both fighters are going to make close to Ryan Howard's contract for 36 minutes of fighting. So no one cares?
    I guess people care. I don't. If espn says it's important the sheep will flock.

love the howard contract reference.

Mayweather is def gonna win. I hope the line keeps going down. I will bet the shit out of him if it gets down to 200
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

I guess people care. I don't. If espn says it's important the sheep will flock.

love the howard contract reference.

Mayweather is def gonna win. I hope the line keeps going down. I will bet the shit out of him if it gets down to 200
    Has nothing to do with espn. They have no connection to top rank, golden boy, hbo or showtime

Appreciate the input on who is going to win. Your opinion is clearly valued on the matter

But in fact, you have been talking shit about boxing when two dudes for one fight are going to mqke more than the Phillies payroll
  • Options
    Regardless, you live in Baltimore and hate the Phillies and Eagles so....

Regardless, a philly boxer is fighting for the heavyweight title at the garden: no reason for this city to not get excited