Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
  • Options
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,263
    edited January 2015

:))
    maybe the dude is a fraud?

edit: yeah i'm calling fraud on the dude in the shirt
    Post edited by eeriepadave on
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,670
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote: »

Sure does
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Sure does....picture is still funny as fuck though

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    THIS.IS.PHENOMENAL

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/cde0713c10604cedb0d752124db74888/heavyweight-champ-klitschko-fight-jennings-april

I don't think he has a chance in hell, but all kinds of awesome and the fact that the champ is coming over here says something.
  • Options
    tolly-and-gardner.jpg
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Can't believe you fuckers are going to get out of Papelbon. Bastards
  • Options
    Ya bastards
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Cliffy6745 wrote: »
    Ya bastards

What is the latest on this?

They'd have more than enough money to throw at this latest Cuban dude if this deal actually goes down
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Ya bastards

What is the latest on this?

They'd have more than enough money to throw at this latest Cuban dude if this deal actually goes down

Thought I saw it was happening but I guess not yet.

Stop it. Yankees are getting him. You can have Didi.
  • Options
    he and braun will make a despicable duo.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Philly had got 2 legitimate fights coming up. Both on HBO, including a heavyweight fight. This city should enjoy it. It's been a long time since they had a heavyweight fight. He has no shot but I will be there
  • Options
    This is cool

http://www.phillymag.com/citified/2015/02/03/immigrants-saving-italian-market/

I think the Italian Market is so awesome these days. So diverse. Asian's selling produce, Italian's selling meat and cheese. Go further south and you have all the taqueria's. Awesome stuff. Love this city.
  • Options
    YOAN
    MONCADA

whatever it takes
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    YOAN
    MONCADA

whatever it takes

Can't see that. Phillies won't pay the luxury tax so they sure as hell aren't paying a 100% tax on a salary.

also looking forward to the Padres signing Shields and taking the team that wants hamels the most off the board.

I got Dodgers, A's or Yanks for Moncada
  • Options
    YOAN
    MONCADA

whatever it takes

Can't see that. Phillies won't pay the luxury tax so they sure as hell aren't paying a 100% tax on a salary.

also looking forward to the Padres signing Shields and taking the team that wants hamels the most off the board.

Whatever it takes
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,554
    YOAN
    MONCADA

whatever it takes

Whatever it takes

He should be made to go into June's draft.

• Options
    cutz wrote: »
    YOAN
    MONCADA

whatever it takes

Whatever it takes

he'd be the first pick in the draft.

what do you guys think? is it worth the penalties? i think it is. they have the money. they don't go out and sign foreign players all the time anyway so the whole not being able to spend more than $300k in the next 2 years doesn't mean much. and this guy would be the top pick in the draft and probably a top 10 prospect almost immediately. supposed to be a 5 tool player with a chance to be a great player. him and crawford up the middle could be rollins/utley 2.0.

i hope the phils are the dark horse laying in the weeds waiting to pounce.....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    YOAN
    MONCADA

whatever it takes

Whatever it takes

what do you guys think? is it worth the penalties? i think it is. they have the money. they don't go out and sign foreign players all the time anyway so the whole not being able to spend more than $300k in the next 2 years doesn't mean much. and this guy would be the top pick in the draft and probably a top 10 prospect almost immediately. supposed to be a 5 tool player with a chance to be a great player. him and crawford up the middle could be rollins/utley 2.0.

better chance of the eagles trading for andrew luck

not even worth paying attention to this team until middleton takes over and brings in a new management team. until then I will spend my time paying attn to hinkie and the flyers
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited February 2015
    YOAN
    MONCADA

whatever it takes

yeah, first amaro screwed up the negotiations for hamels contract to begin with (which is why cole got so much money and so many years)...now they are holding onto him too long for no apparent reason. they have no discernible plan in place (doug collins style)...other than to finish in last place again this year.

also, why the hell is the fat ass first baseman still on the roster? to quote nancy kerrigan...why, why, why???

they're a complete disaster of a franchise

when does college football start? worst time of year for sports is feb to mlb opening day.
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Options
    YOAN
    MONCADA

whatever it takes

Whatever it takes

He isn't sticking at short long term. Possibly second and also possibly center field. Gotta keep him in the middle of the field though. I don't see many teams dropping $40 mil on the penalty. Only two teams have show willingness to pay the luxury tax so I find it tough to believe too many are willing to drop $80 mil on a prospect. End of the day, he is just a prospect. I really really want the yankees to sign him and if cashman has authority, I think they do, but it is a HUGE risk.

Funny that when the phillies get their tv deal their payroll goes down. I get that they are in rebuilding but just find it funny.
  • Options
    I'm getting sick of hearing Amaro shit-talking Howard. Just cut him and get it over with. What does he think if he's able to trade somehow pull off a trade for Howard that he suddenly wouldn't be the worst GM ever? Like he's trying to inspire Howard to have a good April or something so he could make a trade? Trade or no trade the Phillies are gonna eat over $50 million (or whatever) so just cut him and end it.

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    I'm getting sick of hearing Amaro shit-talking Howard. Just cut him and get it over with. What does he think if he's able to trade somehow pull off a trade for Howard that he suddenly wouldn't be the worst GM ever? Like he's trying to inspire Howard to have a good April or something so he could make a trade? Trade or no trade the Phillies are gonna eat over $50 million (or whatever) so just cut him and end it.

I do think that amaro is a scumbag for trashing Howard. You are the one that gave him the contract. Fuck, cashman isn't even that hard on arod. Why say anything about Howard in public?
  • Options

I do think that amaro is a scumbag for trashing Howard. You are the one that gave him the contract. Fuck, cashman isn't even that hard on arod. Why say anything about Howard in public?

Cause Cashman's a professional who knows he fucked up and is taking it like a man. Amaro's a child. I bet he must have been sexually assaulted by the Phanatic when he was a batboy and this entire career with the Phillies since then has been hush money.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    YOAN
    MONCADA

whatever it takes

yeah, there have been some breakouts, but I hear Cuba is about like playing in the ACC.

you guys are a lot further away than one player.

Signed,
    2010, 2012, 2014 WS Champs

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    YOAN
    MONCADA

whatever it takes

yeah, there have been some breakouts, but I hear Cuba is about like playing in the ACC.

Signed,

You can go directly to hell
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    YOAN
    MONCADA

whatever it takes

Signed,

You can go directly to hell

without passing "go"?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11