Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,661

Jeff garlin has the worst sense of humor of any "comedian" I have ever come across. Dude takes himself wayyyyyyy too seriously

you ever watch curb?
    Yeah, and he is good but his curb character is not who he is. I like him in curb but in general the guy takes himself too seriously. I have heard him in a few interviews that were just painful. He was pretty much straight up rude to the host
    Only seen him in Curb and this show...he's great in both
    I have been meaning to check that show out. Speaking of. Switching over to fios. Getting the top package with YES and faster internet than comcast for $66 less than I am currently paying
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,789

Jeff garlin has the worst sense of humor of any "comedian" I have ever come across. Dude takes himself wayyyyyyy too seriously

you ever watch curb?
    Yeah, and he is good but his curb character is not who he is. I like him in curb but in general the guy takes himself too seriously. I have heard him in a few interviews that were just painful. He was pretty much straight up rude to the host
    He was on Stern a few months back and he just seems like a weird dude. Came across as kinda a dick. At least he's funny on Curb....praying that Larry David finally decides to do 1 more season.
  • Options

you ever watch curb?
    He was on Stern a few months back and he just seems like a weird dude. Came across as kinda a dick. At least he's funny on Curb....praying that Larry David finally decides to do 1 more season.
    Ha, yeah, every interview I have heard he comes across as a dick. Perfect way of putting it. Yeah, dude. Going to be a little while with the Broadway show, but hopefully.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

whether they suck or not, it was nice to hear franske and la on the radio today.

and seagulls in the background was a nice touch.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501

you ever watch curb?
    I have been meaning to check that show out. Speaking of. Switching over to fios. Getting the top package with YES and faster internet than comcast for $66 less than I am currently paying
    welcome. better than comcast but they both suck balls. you see comcast might sue the fcc over the net neutrality thing?

can't get enough of that michael kay show, huh? haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

you ever watch curb?
    welcome. better than comcast but they both suck balls. you see comcast might sue the fcc over the net neutrality thing?

can't get enough of that michael kay show, huh? haha
    Ha, yeah, I have heard it isn't much better. I am just excited to get more for less. I did see that. I am not sure how I feel about all of this. The main argument of the public seems to be around things like Netflix and internet providers being able to increase the cost of that type of content. I am not 100% sure how I feel about all of this. Mark Cuban has had some pretty interesting points.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2014/11/24/why-mark-cuban-opposes-net-neutrality-i-want-there-to-be-fast-lanes/

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102459578#.

You know it. And Yankeeography. haha.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,279
    Wasn't sure where to put this but Hank Gathers died 25 years ago tonight image
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    Here's an example of the kind of detail in this Goldbergs' show from last night. This was shown for like half a second and they didn't even mention that the concert would be at The Spectrum but it's an old school Spectrum ticket and even has the rainbow logo on it. The kids were hanging out outside Wawa again too.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

you ever watch curb?
    I have fios internet and directv. fios internet sucks balls. I liked comcast better

directv is the best though...highly recommended
  • Options
    why would anyone want any cigarette tax lowered?

it is funny that the article associates cigarette smokers with poor people. is that stereotype justified??

over the next two years philly gets the naacp annual convention and the dnc. brutal...absolutely brutal.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,672
    The Fixer said:

over the next two years philly gets the naacp annual convention and the dnc. brutal...absolutely brutal.
    you going?

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

it is funny that the article associates cigarette smokers with poor people. is that stereotype justified??

I think it is pretty clear that less educated people smoke, gamble and drink more which is why sin taxes are largely taxes on the poor. There was $2 per pack tax put on cigarettes in Philly last year to go to schools, so this would be decreasing that by $1.

Regardless of political affiliation, everything coming to Philly over the next 18 months or so is great for the city and economy.
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

you ever watch curb?
    I have fios internet and directv. fios internet sucks balls. I liked comcast better

directv is the best though...highly recommended
    My comcast internet is the fucking pits.
  • Options
    imalive said:

The Fixer said:

you going?

only if you meet me there
  • Options

The Fixer said:

I think it is pretty clear that less educated people smoke, gamble and drink more which is why sin taxes are largely taxes on the poor. There was $2 per pack tax put on cigarettes in Philly last year to go to schools, so this would be decreasing that by $1.

Regardless of political affiliation, everything coming to Philly over the next 18 months or so is great for the city and economy.
    I wonder if it's true that educated people have those vices less often or if those vices affect the less-educated to a larger degree. either way it's interesting and I never knew that was the case. my favorite classes in college were my economics classes that focused around social issues and how cities are laid out due to economic strengths and weaknesses.

sharpton and jesse jackson aren't good for anyone anywhere. haha
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

I wonder if it's true that educated people have those vices less often or if those vices affect the less-educated to a larger degree. either way it's interesting and I never knew that was the case. my favorite classes in college were my economics classes that focused around social issues and how cities are laid out due to economic strengths and weaknesses.

sharpton and jesse jackson aren't good for anyone anywhere. haha
    From the CDC. I tend to not mind these types of taxes in general, especially with the impact they have on healthcare, but I don't think taxing cigarettes is any type of long term solution for solving the disaster that is the Philadelphia Schools.

By Poverty Status1

About 29 of every 100 adults who live below the poverty level (29.2%)
    About 16 of every 100 adults who live at or above the poverty level (16.2%)

By Education1

About 24 of every 100 adults with 12 or fewer years of education (no diploma) (24.2%)
    More than 41 of every 100 adults with a graduate education degree (GED) certificate (41.4%)
    22 of every 100 adults with a high school diploma (22.0%)
    Nearly 18 of every 100 adults with an associate's degree (17.8%)
    Nearly 21 of every 100 adults with some college, no diploma (20.9%)
    About 9 of every 100 adults with an undergraduate college degree (9.1%)
    More than 5 of every 100 adults with a graduate degree (5.6%)
  • Options
    any type of tax on goods like cigarettes is a good thing imo. I like to booze as much as anyone and I think that should be taxed at a high rate as well. same thing for energy drinks and anything else that's terrible for our health.

speaking of things that are terrible for health, I just spent 10 straight days in milwaukee. that city is a drunken mess. Everyone plays this game...it's addicting and makes it pretty much impossible to stay sober

http://onmilwaukee.com/bars/articles/bardice.html
  • Options
    Anyone watching the jinx on hbo? Fucking nuts
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,561
    The Fixer said:

you ever watch curb?

Opposite for me. I had Comcast and now i have Fios Internet and Fios blows Comcast away. For me anyway.

Directv is GREAT, but i had to switch to Fios because of $$$$$$. If you're into Sports then Directv is the way to go.

• Options

I'm two episodes behind, but yeah that shit is crazy. I think the story was underreported because it happened shortly after 9/11.

Dude is whacked
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,302

my team got to scrimmage against Dobbins his senior year and got to interact a bit with him a bit on the sidelines. he had that big smile going making us suburban white boys laugh our asses off. was shocking and devastating watching the coverage of him dying on the court just a few years later. it's one of those sports moments i'll never forget watching the coverage of.

how crazy is it that Erik Spolestra was one of the opponents during that game and was on the court when it happened. that's gotta be something that will never leave you.

i loved watching that Loyola Marymount team. one of my all time favorite teams to watch. I wish teams played up and down like that these days. maybe not as ridiculous as Westhead's system but definitely would like to see more up and down game.
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

I'm two episodes behind, but yeah that shit is crazy. I think the story was underreported because it happened shortly after 9/11.

Dude is whacked
    Yeah, he is nuts. Agreed, I don't remember hearing much about it but I wasn't paying attention either. Heard an interview of the guy who made it. Dude doing the interview with the sideburns, i think, and it sounds like he is not 100% sold that he did it all. I don't get it. Crazy story and keeps getting nuttier.
  • Options

The Fixer said:

Dude is whacked
    Yeah, he is nuts. Agreed, I don't remember hearing much about it but I wasn't paying attention either. Heard an interview of the guy who made it. Dude doing the interview with the sideburns, i think, and it sounds like he is not 100% sold that he did it all. I don't get it. Crazy story and keeps getting nuttier.
    I hope HBO does more of these multi-part documentaries. Love these types of stories
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

Dude is whacked
    I hope HBO does more of these multi-part documentaries. Love these types of stories
    Agreed. It's great.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,279
    pjhawks said:

my team got to scrimmage against Dobbins his senior year and got to interact a bit with him a bit on the sidelines. he had that big smile going making us suburban white boys laugh our asses off. was shocking and devastating watching the coverage of him dying on the court just a few years later. it's one of those sports moments i'll never forget watching the coverage of.

how crazy is it that Erik Spolestra was one of the opponents during that game and was on the court when it happened. that's gotta be something that will never leave you.

i loved watching that Loyola Marymount team. one of my all time favorite teams to watch. I wish teams played up and down like that these days. maybe not as ridiculous as Westhead's system but definitely would like to see more up and down game.
    yeah i didn't know that Spolestra was on the other team until i read an article, pretty insane.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    villanova is in the top 5? wtf. Definitely picking them to make the final four (unless they're in wisconsin's bracket), which will ensure that they won't. win-win scenario

as for the phils...david buchanon today, jerome williams tomorrow. someone please explain why is amaro still employed?
  • Options
    All moved into the new place in South Philly. Pretty friggen pumped. Came together very well.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,672
    cliff lee = zero trade value
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12