Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    That's sad, and I am obviously not even close to a Phillies fan.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,469
    anyone here what they got for him?

gonna be real weird without jimmy around. i'm glad I was able to be at the game where he got the hits record.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Read "two minor league pitchers" (no names yet) on Twitter from one of the baseball guys...forget witch one.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    "The Team to Beat" - Jimmy Rollins '07.

The good ol' days...
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,254
    :(

Not gonna lie, gonna miss him. been a fun 15 years! Good luck.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    More trade news: the Phillies trade lefty reliever Antonio Bastardo to the Pirates in return for Joely Rodriguez, a 23-year-old starter who finished last season at Double-A.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,291
    wow surprised Jimmy waived his no-trade clause. Wish him all the best. Going to miss him and going to be so strange not having him there at SS next year. Been so fucking long with him out there 150 times a year. Always thought he was a bit under appreciated around here. I think people will realize how good and durable he was really quickly next year. Hats off to ya Jimmy.
  • Options
    reading Phils and Dodgers talking Utley...hope this isn't true
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,664
    fuck him.

fuck the d**gers.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

The good ol' days...

How bout when he said they are going to beat the Yankees in 5 and that they "figured out" Mo
  • Options

The good ol' days...

How bout when he said they are going to beat the Yankees in 5 and that they "figured out" Mo
    go to hell, cliff.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2014

The good ol' days...

go to hell, cliff.
    Best part of that Series was the Spectrum shows
    Post edited by Empty Glass on
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options

The good ol' days...

go to hell, cliff.
    Haha. My bad. I did say I found it sad, at least.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    One of the best vids ever. I was lucky to be at that game. Thought Randy Wolf was going to beat us. Thanks Jimmy.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,831
    I feel like someone died.

It's crazy to think that the dude has spent nearly half his life with this organization/living in this city.
  • Options
    keith law approves of the trade-

Despite rumors that the Phillies were paralyzed by the uncertainty in their front office above general manager Ruben Amaro, they did really well in this trade, acquiring two quality pitching prospects, although neither helps their major league rotation right away.

Lefty Tom Windle sits 90-92 mph as a starter but has been up to 95-96 mph in shorter stints (e.g., in the instructional league), with a solid-average to slightly above-average changeup and fringe-average slider. He pitched well in a brutal environment in the California League and I like his chances to break out as a prospect in the much more reasonable Eastern League in 2015.

Zach Eflin was flipped to the Phillies after he went to the Dodgers in the Matt Kemp trade; I'm a big fan of his potential, with his frame, his two above-average pitches and his aggressive, strike-throwing mentality. I saw Reading, the Phillies' Double-A affiliate, late this past summer, and they were virtually prospect-free, but with these two arms and perhaps Crawford on the roster, Reading will be a must-see team this season.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,831
    edited December 2014
    Welp - looks like I'll hit up some Reading games again, like I did when Aumont, Brown, and Gillies were there.....and we all know how they've turned out...

I can't knock this trade, though. Always a good idea to acquire a number of well-groomed pitching prospects because A) you never know which ones will pan out & B ) they're always good assets for future deals (provided they don't shit the bed, or get injured).
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Nice little fan goodbye to J-Roll

http://bit.ly/12WODxY
    Post edited by Empty Glass on
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,664
    a whole lotta words to say "the Phillies draft like shit."

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,291
    imalive said:

a whole lotta words to say "the Phillies draft like shit."

that article can't be right. come on now, according to the Fixer and other simpleton's Ryan's contract caused the Phils to suck, the US economy to tank, earthquakes and hurricanes, the drought in California, Ebola, Amanda Bynes to go crazy, the Kardashian's to become TV stars and every other scrounge on the American people in the last 5 years.
    /:)
  • Options
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    I feel like it would be very fitting for Ruben Amaro to trade a franchise player and have the trade not go through.

I am sure it will happen if the Dodgers want Rollins regardless of the Kemp situation, but it would be funny if he was here next year.
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjhawks wrote: »
    ruben's not disappointed.<br />
    <br />
    isn't it a little suspect that all the big boys were out of this sweepstakes? seems like there has to be a reason for that. 6 for $68 million is really not all that much. per year we gave Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez more.<br />
    <br />
    remember when you used to say you didn't care how much philly teams paid players? weird that you care now<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    i don't care what they pay and you totally missed my point. the point i was making was maybe Tomas wasn't nearly as good as people originally thought he was whey they were saying he would get a $100 million. big difference from original estimates of $100 million to end up with 'only' 68 million.<br />
    <br />
    after the ryan howard contract, you deliberately said that you didn't care how much guys were paid, you 'just wanted to win'. or some kind of caveman, 610 shit to that extent. I'm not looking back through the embarrassment that is the history of the ryan howard/phillie spending debacle of a thread. If I were you I would quit while I was ahead. (thank god I'm not you so I'm here to tell you how wrong you were...which is about as wrong as anyone has ever been about anything)<br />
    <br />
    one positive thing we will get to see how easy it really is to hit 25-35 home runs and knock in 100 runs every year. can't wait to see Ruf or Franco do that for 5-7 straight years. even if i was wrong at least i'm here still and didn't run and hide like you have. good to see you abandon the eagles and flyers threads after being so thoroughly wrong in both (sproles trade was a bad trade, backup qbs don't matter, jeff carter, you love where the flyers organization is/was...funny stuff). wouldn't expect anything different though. that's what gutless people who have high opinions of themselves do. always a pleasure when you make an appearance though.

last year in all of MLB, ryan howard had the third most ABs with runners on base. He finished 18th in RBI. That is not good

Dude used to be good at hitting HRs once in a while. Now that that's gone, he's not good at anything. Other than stealing money, which he obviously isn't good at managing.

Cut his fat ass and move on
  • Options
    Oh goodness.<br />
    <br />
    />
    <br />
    Louisiana politics, haha<br />
    <br />
    while that is obviously great news, flip side to the coin is median income has dropped to lowest levels in 20 years....so the people going back to work aren't making near what they were when they lost their jobs and are still struggling to keep their homes and stuff. so, not out of the woods quite yet.<br />
    <br />
    Yes. It's called the worst recession since the depression combined with a capitalist corporate environment where the incentive is the rich get richer. Of course the gap will continue to grow - it's in the math.<br />
    <br />
    i know. but i feel like this is under reported in comparison to the record job growth numbers that we hear about every month. people wonder why his approval numbers are so low and why the dems got crushed last month. it's directly because people have less money than they had before. now the fact that so many of those people think obama is the one who got us into this mess in the first place is a whole other level of stupidity though.<br />
    <br />
    go. phillies.

fact that he's also running record deficits doesn't help.

fuck the phillies (until amaro is finally fired). go sixers and christie '16
  • Options
    Oh goodness.<br />
    <br />
    />
    <br />
    Louisiana politics, haha<br />
    <br />
    while that is obviously great news, flip side to the coin is median income has dropped to lowest levels in 20 years....so the people going back to work aren't making near what they were when they lost their jobs and are still struggling to keep their homes and stuff. so, not out of the woods quite yet.<br />
    <br />
    Yes. It's called the worst recession since the depression combined with a capitalist corporate environment where the incentive is the rich get richer. Of course the gap will continue to grow - it's in the math.<br />
    <br />
    i know. but i feel like this is under reported in comparison to the record job growth numbers that we hear about every month. people wonder why his approval numbers are so low and why the dems got crushed last month. it's directly because people have less money than they had before. now the fact that so many of those people think obama is the one who got us into this mess in the first place is a whole other level of stupidity though.<br />
    <br />
    go. phillies.<br />
    <br />
    And this is exactly what I'm getting at - <br />
    <br />
    1) People only care about what directly effects them in the here and now. This is why I am a communist<br />
    <br />
    2) People like blood sausage, too. People are morons. Bonus points if you get the movie.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    haha. no bonus points for me. no idea what that's from.....i mean, on a certain level, I can understand people disliking the current admin if they are still struggling to feed their families and stuff, all these years later. gotta be made at someone, makes sense for it to be the person/people currently in charge. I think that is natural. but it's those who think the problem started in January of 2009---yeah, they're a bunch of fucking idiots. and, unfortunately, I end up having to speak with them on a daily basis at work. <br />
    <br />
    That would be one, "Groundhog Day."<br />
    <br />
    At any rate, the point is people are too stupid to realize it's not because of just one person or entity. We could go on and on and I/we could tie the web together of how one thing lead to another.<br />
    <br />
    Major corporations are FLUSH with cash, and have been for some time. Companies are just scared of losing their billions and billions and billions. It's sickening.<br />
    <br />
    The problem is - and I've seen it directly up close with my parents - is that at some point you become older and will never attain the earnings you once made. I'd even lump myself in there - with going back to school, starting a new career, yada. But it is what it is.<br />
    <br />
    But, yes, the unemployment number is like any other stat they put out there - it can be argued by either "side." Of course there's the omission of those who straight dropped out of the labor force. But again, nonetheless, 5.8% is 5.8%, and that's a long ways from the over 10% it was 5 years ago.<br />
    <br />
    But, honestly, at the end of the day, the economy is doing much better than it was at it's worst 5 years ago. Things take time, and people don't like waiting.<br />
    <br />
    We got a looooong way to go baseball-wise. Might as well talk about something else.

the unemployment rate has remained unchanged mostly due to the fact that a lot of people stopped looking for work...left the workforce. they didn't find jobs, they left the workforce altogether.

I hate obama because of obamacare. I work in healthcare and his changes have been detrimental to so many people and companies. He is an ass hole and so is his huge gummed wife
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Cliffy6745 wrote: »
    "The Team to Beat" - Jimmy Rollins '07. <br />
    <br />
    The good ol' days...<br />
    <br />

that series was the beginning of the end for the big fatty (25 ABs, 13 k's...4 hits in the series, left 8,385 men on base...buried the phils). if he's even average in that series the phils win their second title. assist to charlie manuel for starting a washed up pedro twice in that series.

09 and 11 were wastes. manuel and howard really cost them. assists to amaro. those teams should have won more than one.
    Post edited by The Fixer on