Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,469
    imalive said:

imalive said:

I'm sure you boys have heard this, but new to me....

Ruin Tomorrow, your GM.

yeah, we never heard that one before.

thank god for the philadelphia eagles. how was your thanksgiving?
    I ate too much.

did you enjoy the football games?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,664

imalive said:

imalive said:

Ruin Tomorrow, your GM.

I ate too much.

bears lions was OK

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive said:

imalive said:

imalive said:

Ruin Tomorrow, your GM.

I ate too much.

bears lions was OK

eagles/cowboys game....not so much, eh?

haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    edited December 2014
    My rap talk never goes anywhere here but Beanie Sigel shot. That blows. Only a matter of time though. Guess he won't be at TLA on the 18th.
  • Options

My rap talk never goes anywhere here but Beanie Sigel shot. That blows. Only a matter of time though. Guess he won't be at TLA on the 18th.

meek mills was just released from prison.

is this rap talk?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

meek mills was just released from prison.

is this rap talk?
    haha, that is rap talk and yeah, he was. I like him, though I don't get into the new stuff too much.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,291

if it wasn't done by a white cop is he not be one of the black lives that matter? no snitching so i'm guessing they don't find the guy who shot him either. #itjustdoesntmatter

• Options
    pjhawks said:

if it wasn't done by a white cop is he not be one of the black lives that matter? no snitching so i'm guessing they don't find the guy who shot him either. #itjustdoesntmatter

I am not getting into that here, but I think I read the other guy who got shot said "i didn't see nothin'" hhah.

Beanie is alive, awake and smiling. I know you all were very concerned.
  • Options

pjhawks said:

I am not getting into that here, but I think I read the other guy who got shot said "i didn't see nothin'" hhah.

yes very concerned. we can't afford to lose another rapper that no one has heard of except when he is in the news for criminal activity.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

yes very concerned. we can't afford to lose another rapper that no one has heard of except when he is in the news for criminal activity.
    For real
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,831
    If fuckin' Obama wasn't President none of this shit would be happening!

...'Merka...Not MY President...
  • Options

Thanks, Obama
  • Options

Thanks, Obama
    i want my country back!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Thanks, Obama
    i want my country back!
    Turnin' into a goddamn land of Commie Islams!

Where's our FREEDOM AT?! AND THAT DAMN HOPE AND CHANGE!

Edit: Can we just make this thread the philly.com comments thread, anyway?
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

ruben's not disappointed.
    isn't it a little suspect that all the big boys were out of this sweepstakes? seems like there has to be a reason for that. 6 for $68 million is really not all that much. per year we gave Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez more.
    remember when you used to say you didn't care how much philly teams paid players? weird that you care now
    i don't care what they pay and you totally missed my point. the point i was making was maybe Tomas wasn't nearly as good as people originally thought he was whey they were saying he would get a $100 million. big difference from original estimates of $100 million to end up with 'only' 68 million.
    after the ryan howard contract, you deliberately said that you didn't care how much guys were paid, you 'just wanted to win'. or some kind of caveman, 610 shit to that extent. I'm not looking back through the embarrassment that is the history of the ryan howard/phillie spending debacle of a thread. If I were you I would quit while I was ahead. (thank god I'm not you so I'm here to tell you how wrong you were...which is about as wrong as anyone has ever been about anything)
  • Options
    edited December 2014

deleted a political rant about how awful obama is.

if hillary clinton is the next president I'm moving to the caribbean and becoming tom cruise in cocktail

there is still hope

http://news.yahoo.com/democratic-louisiana-sen-mary-landrieu-defeated-022816240--election.html

Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Options
    chris robinson at the TLA in february. Yep
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    while that is obviously great news, flip side to the coin is median income has dropped to lowest levels in 20 years....so the people going back to work aren't making near what they were when they lost their jobs and are still struggling to keep their homes and stuff. so, not out of the woods quite yet.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

ruben's not disappointed.
    isn't it a little suspect that all the big boys were out of this sweepstakes? seems like there has to be a reason for that. 6 for $68 million is really not all that much. per year we gave Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez more.
    remember when you used to say you didn't care how much philly teams paid players? weird that you care now
    i don't care what they pay and you totally missed my point. the point i was making was maybe Tomas wasn't nearly as good as people originally thought he was whey they were saying he would get a $100 million. big difference from original estimates of $100 million to end up with 'only' 68 million.
    after the ryan howard contract, you deliberately said that you didn't care how much guys were paid, you 'just wanted to win'. or some kind of caveman, 610 shit to that extent. I'm not looking back through the embarrassment that is the history of the ryan howard/phillie spending debacle of a thread. If I were you I would quit while I was ahead. (thank god I'm not you so I'm here to tell you how wrong you were...which is about as wrong as anyone has ever been about anything)
    one positive thing we will get to see how easy it really is to hit 25-35 home runs and knock in 100 runs every year. can't wait to see Ruf or Franco do that for 5-7 straight years. even if i was wrong at least i'm here still and didn't run and hide like you have. good to see you abandon the eagles and flyers threads after being so thoroughly wrong in both (sproles trade was a bad trade, backup qbs don't matter, jeff carter, you love where the flyers organization is/was...funny stuff). wouldn't expect anything different though. that's what gutless people who have high opinions of themselves do. always a pleasure when you make an appearance though.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options

while that is obviously great news, flip side to the coin is median income has dropped to lowest levels in 20 years....so the people going back to work aren't making near what they were when they lost their jobs and are still struggling to keep their homes and stuff. so, not out of the woods quite yet.
    Yes. It's called the worst recession since the depression combined with a capitalist corporate environment where the incentive is the rich get richer. Of course the gap will continue to grow - it's in the math.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Yes. It's called the worst recession since the depression combined with a capitalist corporate environment where the incentive is the rich get richer. Of course the gap will continue to grow - it's in the math.
    i know. but i feel like this is under reported in comparison to the record job growth numbers that we hear about every month. people wonder why his approval numbers are so low and why the dems got crushed last month. it's directly because people have less money than they had before. now the fact that so many of those people think obama is the one who got us into this mess in the first place is a whole other level of stupidity though.

go. phillies.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

i know. but i feel like this is under reported in comparison to the record job growth numbers that we hear about every month. people wonder why his approval numbers are so low and why the dems got crushed last month. it's directly because people have less money than they had before. now the fact that so many of those people think obama is the one who got us into this mess in the first place is a whole other level of stupidity though.

go. phillies.
    And this is exactly what I'm getting at -

1) People only care about what directly effects them in the here and now. This is why I am a communist

2) People like blood sausage, too. People are morons. Bonus points if you get the movie.
  • Options

go. phillies.

1) People only care about what directly effects them in the here and now. This is why I am a communist

2) People like blood sausage, too. People are morons. Bonus points if you get the movie.
    haha. no bonus points for me. no idea what that's from.....i mean, on a certain level, I can understand people disliking the current admin if they are still struggling to feed their families and stuff, all these years later. gotta be made at someone, makes sense for it to be the person/people currently in charge. I think that is natural. but it's those who think the problem started in January of 2009---yeah, they're a bunch of fucking idiots. and, unfortunately, I end up having to speak with them on a daily basis at work.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2014

go. phillies.

haha. no bonus points for me. no idea what that's from.....i mean, on a certain level, I can understand people disliking the current admin if they are still struggling to feed their families and stuff, all these years later. gotta be made at someone, makes sense for it to be the person/people currently in charge. I think that is natural. but it's those who think the problem started in January of 2009---yeah, they're a bunch of fucking idiots. and, unfortunately, I end up having to speak with them on a daily basis at work.
    That would be one, "Groundhog Day."

At any rate, the point is people are too stupid to realize it's not because of just one person or entity. We could go on and on and I/we could tie the web together of how one thing lead to another.

Major corporations are FLUSH with cash, and have been for some time. Companies are just scared of losing their billions and billions and billions. It's sickening.

The problem is - and I've seen it directly up close with my parents - is that at some point you become older and will never attain the earnings you once made. I'd even lump myself in there - with going back to school, starting a new career, yada. But it is what it is.

But, yes, the unemployment number is like any other stat they put out there - it can be argued by either "side." Of course there's the omission of those who straight dropped out of the labor force. But again, nonetheless, 5.8% is 5.8%, and that's a long ways from the over 10% it was 5 years ago.

But, honestly, at the end of the day, the economy is doing much better than it was at it's worst 5 years ago. Things take time, and people don't like waiting.

We got a looooong way to go baseball-wise. Might as well talk about something else.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Options
    but you yada yada'd the best part.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

but you yada yada'd the best part.

No, I mentioned the bisque.

On a completely unrelated note - looks like the Phils might actually move Bastardo for Sean Coyle from Boston. I like it. Now do it.
  • Options
    looks like giants have interest in cole now.

also a report that jimmy would waive no trade to go to dodgers
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Make it all happen. All of it.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

looks like giants have interest in cole now.

also a report that jimmy would waive no trade to go to dodgers

Looks like it's official. J-Roll gone.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015