Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,828
    Found out today my company insured the rocket that blew up. Wonder what the premium/coverage is on that...
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited October 2014

The Fixer said:

congrats on the new place dude. I just landed a new gig myself that is going to allow us to move back up to philly. So I will be going through the house purchasing process again and I completely agree with your stance on that industry. Absolutely brutal. Housing industry aside (and the terrible PA drivers going 60 mph in the left hand lane), I am really looking forward to getting back to Philly...city is like a black hole, every time I move away I end up coming back.
    im

another new gig? didn't you just move down there like a year or two ago? can't imagine having to move around that much...

also--agreed, harold reynolds sucks. i hate having nick swisher on the pregame show too.
    been with this company for 4 years. was back and forth to philly for 2 years before we bought our house a couple of years ago and I moved the family down here.

best way to increase your income is to change jobs. def the case in my situation so it's all good. I don't mind moving around, it's definitely been good for my career (and my income) and you get to experience living in other places and meeting new people. I'd move to idaho if a company was paying me big bucks and it led to career and monetary growth.
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,458
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

congrats on the new place dude. I just landed a new gig myself that is going to allow us to move back up to philly. So I will be going through the house purchasing process again and I completely agree with your stance on that industry. Absolutely brutal. Housing industry aside (and the terrible PA drivers going 60 mph in the left hand lane), I am really looking forward to getting back to Philly...city is like a black hole, every time I move away I end up coming back.
    im

another new gig? didn't you just move down there like a year or two ago? can't imagine having to move around that much...

also--agreed, harold reynolds sucks. i hate having nick swisher on the pregame show too.
    been with this company for 4 years. was back and forth to philly for 2 years before we bought our house a couple of years ago and I moved the family down here.

best way to increase your income is to change jobs. def the case in my situation so it's all good. I don't mind moving around, it's definitely been good for my career (and my income) and you get to experience living in other places and meeting new people. I'd move to idaho if a company was paying me big bucks and it led to career and monetary growth.
    okay. well, good luck with the move.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    What the fuck did we get for Pence again?

Congrats to him.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

im

Do we have a Fixer/Juggler bromance developing here? Never thought I'd see the day.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,282
    JK_Livin said:

Congrats to him.

remember how Pence couldn't fucking catch here and sucked against the Cardinals that year. victorino last year and pence this year...so glad we traded those guys for prospects :-O
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

Congrats to him.

remember how Pence couldn't fucking catch here and sucked against the Cardinals that year.
    are you talking about pence or howard?
  • Options

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

im

Do we have a Fixer/Juggler bromance developing here? Never thought I'd see the day.
    New job, monster raise, get to move out of the liberal wasteland that is the state of Maryland (we get taxed on rain here...it's fucking ridiculous). I got nothing but love for everyone these days. Except amaro
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,282
    The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

Congrats to him.

remember how Pence couldn't fucking catch here and sucked against the Cardinals that year.
    Ryan led us to a World Series title and a 2nd World Series appearance Pence not so much. I'll favor the guy who will be in the Phils Wall of Fame someday over a guy who couldn't handle big city pressure and was generally a turd here thank you very much.

Now that O's lost in the playoffs are you back to being a Phils fan again?
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

Congrats to him.

Ryan led us to a World Series title and a 2nd World Series appearance Pence not so much. I'll favor the guy who will be in the Phils Wall of Fame someday over a guy who couldn't handle big city pressure and was generally a turd here thank you very much.

I like to see both teams do well. Phillies will always be my first team, even with this dipshit regime

Phils would have won 2 WS if not for Howard...he was MVP for the yanks in the 09 WS. Only 2 more years til he's gone!
  • Options
    Phils wall of fame is funny. As if that's some kind of great honor. Haha. Mike Lieberthal got inducted for fucks sake.
  • Options
    Was Pence as jacked(built) as he is now when he played for us?
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

Congrats to him.

I like to see both teams do well. Phillies will always be my first team, even with this dipshit regime

Phils would have won 2 WS if not for Howard...he was MVP for the yanks in the 09 WS. Only 2 more years til he's gone!
    Why 2 more years? Just let him go already.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

Congrats to him.

Why 2 more years? Just let him go already.
    because the phils are not smart
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Was Pence as jacked(built) as he is now when he played for us?

he looks like marv from home alone
  • Options
    holy shit this is awesome....larry kane is NO jim gardner
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

holy shit this is awesome....larry kane is NO jim gardner
    Again, you're welcome.
  • Options
    THANK GOD Burnett declined his option. I cannot stress enough how key that is for this team to start moving forward.
  • Options

THANK GOD Burnett declined his option. I cannot stress enough how key that is for this team to start moving forward.

wow--can't imagine walking away from that kind of cash.

no reason not spend some of that on tomas now.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

wow--can't imagine walking away from that kind of cash.

no reason not spend some of that on tomas now.
    If they don't sign Tomas, then....well, I don't know 'then'....they can't kick me as much as they have already. Fuckers. They better sign this dude.
  • Options
    God damnit. I don't know what they were reporting on Action News today, but I'm not seeing that he declined his player option for free agency. Still hoping this to be the case.
  • Options
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,659
    JK_Livin said:

Congrats to him.

minor leaguer Tommy Joseph and Washington National Nate Schierholtz.

:-$
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Yasmany. Ruben will find a way to screw it up. No reason not to break the bank here.

Buster is reporting that the Phillies will get rid of Howard no matter the cost.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Yasmany. Ruben will find a way to screw it up. No reason not to break the bank here.

Buster is reporting that the Phillies will get rid of Howard no matter the cost.

saw something that said kc had interest. they could use some power in that lineup.

at least gillick is playing more of role nowadays. you're going to have to overpay for this dude but they need to do it.

also--I've come to the realization that cole hamels is going to be pitching for the cubs or redsox next season. I hate it, but it's got to happen.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,237
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Damn, we go to the Poconos every Thanksgiving weekend. I'm only 7min from there, how long has that been open? Better yet, how's the beer?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    http://www.2ndstorybrewing.com/

This just opened a few weeks ago. It's the old Triumph Brewery and my brother-in-law is a manager. The beer is good.
    Post edited by JK_Livin on
    Tom O.
    -The Writer