Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    Is anybody hearing that Phillies are trading Bohm and Moniak too?
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,770
    Heard rumors they may have been in the Realmuto deal, but no longer the case I guess (thank god). 

So many Philly trades happening right now my head's gonna spin right off if another one happens.
  • Options
    Heard rumors they may have been in the Realmuto deal, but no longer the case I guess (thank god). 

So many Philly trades happening right now my head's gonna spin right off if another one happens.
    Good.  I'd like to see those two stay there and develop.

TY
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,845
    Image result for come on do something
    just add Bryce Harper and Manny Machado to the stick

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    SIGN
    BRYCE
    TODAY
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598

• Options
    It does not get better than bob Nightengale

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

Finger on the pulse
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    SIGN
    HIM
    NOW
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Finger on the pulse
    Speaking of finger on the pulse - now this idiot is directly contradicting Heyman and Jim Bowden? I have no idea if that's good or bad, but given his history here I feel like it's a good thing Nightengale is saying the Giants are going to sign him.
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Finger on the pulse
    Speaking of finger on the pulse - now this idiot is directly contradicting Heyman and Jim Bowden? I have no idea if that's good or bad, but given his history here I feel like it's a good thing Nightengale is saying the Giants are going to sign him.
    Yes, giants are not signing him then.
  • Options
    Bob's also saying he is not signing by this weekend........so I can't wait till the Phils sign him on Friday!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    SIGN
    BRYCE
    TODAY
    DAG
    NABBIT
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Love this

#Phillies on verge of signing RHP Aaron Nola to a four-year, $45M extension with a club option, sources tell me and @MattGelb.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    That's great.

OK now they can sign Harper...
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Options
    Man this is a great deal from the Phils' perspective:

• Options
    It's a great deal for the Phillies.  He gets a lot of guaranteed money, but man, gotta figure he's probably leaving a lot on the table if he stays healthy
  • Options
    It's a great deal for the Phillies.  He gets a lot of guaranteed money, but man, gotta figure he's probably leaving a lot on the table if he stays healthy
    Fine with me!
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192

here is what I think should change.  the year to year value should be flipped. give them more money up front and less in the back end.  Nola is clearly worth $16 million next year but in 5 years? hard to say. also less money later makes a player easier to move.  now maybe that is why players and agents won't go for that.  just a rambling thought i had seeing those numbers...
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

here is what I think should change.  the year to year value should be flipped. give them more money up front and less in the back end.  Nola is clearly worth $16 million next year but in 5 years? hard to say. also less money later makes a player easier to move.  now maybe that is why players and agents won't go for that.  just a rambling thought i had seeing those numbers...
    AAV of the full contract is what counts towards the luxury tax.  The year to year payouts are irrelevant.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

AAV of the full contract is what counts towards the luxury tax.  The year to year payouts are irrelevant.
    Correct. Again, locking up Nola at $11/yr for luxury tax purposes is amazing.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

A potential ace for the luxury tax hit of Dave Robertson
  • Options
    Love it. 

Gents....AFTER they sign Harper, Kuechel to round out the rotation? What do you think?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

A potential ace for the luxury tax hit of Dave Robertson
    Better yet - less than what Lance Lynn is making this year as a 32 year old.
  • Options
    Love it. 

Gents....AFTER they sign Harper, Kuechel to round out the rotation? What do you think?
    I am not a Keuchel guy.  He dominates the Yankees, which is frustrating, but if he loses one ounce of that control, he is absolutely done.  You may be able to get him on a steal though with this market, so 3 years, sure.  I wouldn't go a minute more than that.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Love it. 

Kuechel or Gio for the 3/4 spot in the rotation. They can afford to spend it and I'd welcome either with open arms - especially Gio to add a lefty in the rotation. It would help move Valesquez to the 'pen(finally) and push the competition up in the remaining rotation.

1. Nola
    2. Arrietta
    3. Kuechel/Gio
    4. Eflin
    5. Pivetta/Eickhoff

I'd really like to see Eickhoff make a comeback and get in the 5-spot. I see a lot of value there if he can stay healthy and I really like the way he pitches.....again, IF he's healthy which is a big IF right now.

I don't worry about Kuechel because re relies on control and that is easier to manage than velocity. I think he was asking a 5 year deal tho? I don't know about that. 4 years, sure why not.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Options
    Love it. 

Kuechel or GIO for the 3/4 spot in the rotation. They can afford to spend it and I'd welcome either with open arms - especially Gio to add a lefty in the rotation. It would help move Valesquez to the 'pen(finally) and push the competition up in the remaining rotation.

1. Nola
    2. Arrietta
    3. Kuechel/Gio
    4. Eflin
    5. Pivetta/Eickhoff

I'd really like to see Eickhoff make a comeback and get in the 5-spot. I see a lot of value there if he can stay healthy and I really like the way he pitches.....again, IF he's healthy which is a big IF right now.

I don't worry about Kuechel because re relies on control and that is easier to manage than velocity. I think he was asking a 5 year deal tho? I don't know about that. 4 years, sure why not.
    But if that control goes at all and any minor injury or mechanics issue can do it, and it's BP.  Playing with fire.
  • Options
    Love it. 

Kuechel or GIO for the 3/4 spot in the rotation. They can afford to spend it and I'd welcome either with open arms - especially Gio to add a lefty in the rotation. It would help move Valesquez to the 'pen(finally) and push the competition up in the remaining rotation.

1. Nola
    2. Arrietta
    3. Kuechel/Gio
    4. Eflin
    5. Pivetta/Eickhoff

But if that control goes at all and any minor injury or mechanics issue can do it, and it's BP.  Playing with fire.
    Well yeah, any pitcher has any risk of injury. My point is control fades less than power/velocity. Of course there's risk, that isn't a reason to not go get a proven commodity to sure up your rotation if you legitimately want to compete in the short-term. They definitely need a lefty in that rotation and I don't think there's any on the horizon internally that's worth half a shit. I think Jojo Romero might be the only one.
  • Options
    Love it. 

1. Nola
    2. Arrietta
    3. Kuechel/Gio
    4. Eflin
    5. Pivetta/Eickhoff

Well yeah, any pitcher has any risk of injury. My point is control fades less than power/velocity. Of course there's risk, that isn't a reason to not go get a proven commodity to sure up your rotation if you legitimately want to compete in the short-term. They definitely need a lefty in that rotation and I don't think there's any on the horizon internally that's worth half a shit. I think Jojo Romero might be the only one.
    Fair
  • Options

chinese-happy.jpg