Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    That is Delco, Lansdowne, Mosignor Bonner's own Tom Papa.
    So it was Tommy Pope, which is all kinds of awesome.  I don't know how to figure out if it was a national spot or just local, but regardless, I was pumped, obviously.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkZUfaDE3ak&t=1s

This video is really a who's who of Philly comedians.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,312
    Okay so he's a local comedian, I gather? Why are we talking about this fellow? What did he do?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Okay so he's a local comedian, I gather? Why are we talking about this fellow? What did he do?
    Yeah, Philly comedian. He was the main guy in the Cure Auto insurance commercial last night.
  • Options
    Oh okay--yeah that was one of the few decent commercials actually.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I thought they were decent. I was obviously overly pumped about Tommy Pope, but I also liked the Google ones, the Wash Post one and the Dietz Nuts one is glorious.  My sister in law's husband has that last name, sooooo, that just set everything off.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    Game of Thrones Bud Light was cool
    The Dude in the Stella ad was cool
    Liked the Amazon Alexa ad but had seen that online earlier

The skin cream/Killer inside the house ad was creepy.  Not sure why they would make that
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    I don't watch Game of thrones so whatever on that one, but people liked it.

I did like the dude one and thought it was done well with Carrie too, but i was just disappointed in general that the teaser for that ended up just being an ad.  Was hoping for something legit.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    Good point
  • Options
    I thought they were decent. I was obviously overly pumped about Tommy Pope, but I also liked the Google ones, the Wash Post one and the Dietz Nuts one is glorious.  My sister in law's husband has that last name, sooooo, that just set everything off.
    That commercial was awesome.

I used to work with a guy who had that last night name too. He was actually (probably still is) good friends with a dude whose last name is Watson.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,936
    feels like spring training weather out today :smile:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Feels like this off-season will never end. Phils in the mix for Realmuto again. 

I don't know about about this. I like Jorge and would like to see him get better next year.......especially if they end up with Machado or Harper.

JUST END THIS OFF-SEASON ALREADY
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Feels like this off-season will never end. Phils in the mix for Realmuto again. 

I don't know about about this. I like Jorge and would like to see him get better next year.......especially if they end up with Machado or Harper.

JUST END THIS OFF-SEASON ALREADY
    I like Realmuto but it seemed like the Marlins are asking for a ton and they are deeefinitely selling high.
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,796
    I like Realmuto, too, but no catcher ever is worth a huge ask. 

No one saw the huge signing today? 

DREW BUTERA.
  • Options
    Reds are/we're said go be in on realmuto.
    Why?
    If you have to trade, package for Klubot.  Catcher is for defense.  Bat is a bonus 
  • Options
    You're gonna like a huge Bryce Harper contact a whole hell of a lot more if this DH stuff happens...
  • Options
    You're gonna like a huge Bryce Harper contact a whole hell of a lot more if this DH stuff happens...
    I don't like the minimum 3 batters for pitchers rule. I don't think that happens, or at least I hope it doesn't.
  • Options
    I don't like the minimum 3 batters for pitchers rule. I don't think that happens, or at least I hope it doesn't.
    I hate that idea. I can't see that happening
  • Options
    DH definitely happens at some point here, especially if they're going to add two more teams. And I think they'd have to implement it a year or two from the announcement so that teams can prep their rosters accordingly.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    DH definitely happens at some point here, especially if they're going to add two more teams. And I think they'd have to implement it a year or two from the announcement so that teams can prep their rosters accordingly.
    They're considering the DH in the NL? And expansion? What cities have been rumored to get a team? (BRING BACK THE EXPOS!) I haven't paid any attention to MLB since the World Series so I'm kinda in the dark concerning any new whathaveyous. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Expos being one of them  - Portland, Vegas, Nashville, Vancouver some of the others.
  • Options
    Expos being one of them  - Portland, Vegas, Nashville, Vancouver some of the others.
    I want a Montreal team in the AL East desperately.  That said, ain't happening without a new stadium and is there any indication that would be possible?
  • Options
    Montreal and Nashville would cool. One per each league I'm assuming. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    I thought I read a while back that Portland was very likely.
  • Options
    Why expand?  Just move teams from shit markets.  TB is the obvious one
    ...is there a second?
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Why expand?  Just move teams from shit markets.  TB is the obvious one
    ...is there a second?
    Yeah, thing is, TB's stadium situation in Montreal is no different than it is in Tampa.  Sounds like they are stuck in TB (and the Trop) until 27.

Moving Tampa to Montreal would be so cool.  Boston, Yankees, Toronto, Montreal and Baltimore, all within a few hundreds miles with some insane city rivalries 
  • Options
    Yeah, seems like Portland is the most likely, though I don't get it - seems like a place for a minor league team but I guess it helps stoke a rivalry for Seattle. I'd say go Vancouver then.

And, yeah, it'd be 16 teams in each league, universal DH - NFL-style divisions.
  • Options
    Yeah, seems like Portland is the most likely, though I don't get it - seems like a place for a minor league team but I guess it helps stoke a rivalry for Seattle. I'd say go Vancouver then.

And, yeah, it'd be 16 teams in each league, universal DH - NFL-style divisions.
    Those hipsters will eat it up though, no?   Build a stadium on the smaller side and it could work.  Not sure it will, but could.