Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,787
    Oh those hipsters.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    So they'd go to 4 divisions in each league? 
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Yep. I completely wasted a day at work trying to figure out the most optimal divisions.

There's talk of a BOS, NYY, NYM, PHI division, which would be nuts.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Poncier said:
    Yep. I completely wasted a day at work trying to figure out the most optimal divisions.

I mean, that sounds like an absolute blast, but the Yankees (and Mets) would never let that happen.
  • Options
    Poncier said:

I mean, that sounds like an absolute blast, but the Yankees (and Mets) would never let that happen.
    Entertain me - why?
  • Options
    Poncier said:

Entertain me - why?
    Well for one, the Mets would never accept playing second fiddle to the Yankees in the same division.  They hate them enough already.  Yankees would never allow for the potential that the Mets could be the more dominant team in the same division.

Those two teams have enough power, I can't see that even being entertained.
  • Options
    Lotta insecurity going on right there.
  • Options
    Lotta insecurity going on right there.
    I mean, is there any owner more outwardly insecure than Wilpon?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Reds, Brewers, Cubs, Cards
    Makes sense if keeping NL together and trying to keep proximity.  Fuck Shitsburgh, although I know it is not too far from Cincy.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Mets, Phillies, Nats, Pirates
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    If I could only find my damn paper that I spent an entire workday mapping out....
  • Options
    DC, Baltimore, PHL, NYM - Amtrak Division
  • Options
    Oh shit. The northeast corridor Amtrak division at that 

Again, don’t think Baltimore and Washington would go for that though lol 
  • Options

I don't know - I think for major markets I could buy your argument, but this would greatly benefit DC and especially Baltimore.
  • Options
    If I could only find my damn paper that I spent an entire workday mapping out....
    I'm trying to figure out how the playoffs would work with four divisions. Would only the four division champions make the postseason? Seems unlikely they'd just get rid of the wildcard. But if you have four division champs and two wildcards that play a play-in game, then you're left with five teams. How would that work? Or maybe just make it exactly like the NFL? The top two teams get byes to the divisional round and the #3 seed plays #6 and #4 plays #5? Lots of possibilities. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options

I don't know - I think for major markets I could buy your argument, but this would greatly benefit DC and especially Baltimore.
    Yeah, maybe.  I just know the O's and Nats hate each other.  There were some serious TV fights over the last 10 years or so.  Though with Angelos about to bite the dust, seems like things may be changing there a bit, so you never know.  That is a fun division though.
  • Options
    AL East: BOS NYY BAL TOR
    AL South: TB TEX HOU Nashville
    AL Central: DET CHISOX CLE MIN
    AL West: LAA OAK SEA KC

NL east: NYM Montreal PHI WAS
    NL South : ATL MIA CIN COL (that one doesn't work so well)
    NL Central: CUBS STL MIL PIT
    NL West LAD SF SD AZ
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Alright, let's do this (under the likelihood it's Portland and Montreal) and fuck Cliff's theories of inferiority complexes for sports owners...

I remember this being incredibly hard once I got down to the last one or two teams:

NYY     PHL     KC       DET     CHC    SEA     LAD     TB
    BOS    DC       HOU
        PIT      CHW   POR    LAA     ATL
    MON    BAL     TEX     CIN      MIL      SF       SD       MIA
    TOR    NYM    STL     CLE     MIN     OAK    AZ       COL

• Options
    Alright, let's do this (under the likelihood it's Portland and Montreal) and fuck Cliff's theories of inferiority complexes for sports owners...

I remember this being incredibly hard once I got down to the last one or two teams:

NYY     PHL     KC       DET     CHC    SEA     LAD     TB
    BOS    DC       HOU    PIT      CHW   POR    LAA     ATL
    MON    BAL     TEX     CIN      MIL      SF       SD       MIA
    TOR    NYM    STL     CLE     MIN     OAK    AZ       COL

Dude. I love these East divisions.  2 legit rivalries in each division.  Yanks-Boston and Montreal-Toronto would be mayhem.  Then you get Philly-NY and the mid-Atlantic.  

I like these overall.  That last one could get reeeeeally bad at times though.
  • Options
    Yeah I didn't know where to stick either a combo of STL/AZ/COL/KC - tried to keep things geograhically in order while also adding to inner-city rivalries (other than those damn owners in NY!). Because my original division is NYY NYM BOS PHL.
  • Options
    I like Poncier's hypothetical divisions more than Jearlpam's. Too many teams switching leagues in Jearlpam's scenario. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    I'd say leagues don't matter anymore at that point. Could re-seed at a MLB level instead of league level, too, so that the better teams overall are rewarded with a better matchup(s).
  • Options
    I'd say leagues don't matter anymore at that point. Could re-seed at a MLB level instead of league level, too, so that the better teams overall are rewarded with a better matchup(s).
    Yeah I guess you're right. There's already interleague play and if the DH does become universal, there's really no point to have the separate leagues other than the old "It's always been like that" argument. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Nah, baseball's leagues have too much history to F them up too much. That's why I just kept everyone in their current league and added in 2 expansion teams.

Obviously you could flip someone like we've seen recently with Milwaukee and Houston, but you can't take the old school teams out of their leagues. 
    Cubs in the AL?
    Yanks in the NL?
    Dodgers in the AL?
    Blasphemy.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Nah, baseball's leagues have too much history to F them up too much. That's why I just kept everyone in their current league and added in 2 expansion teams.

Obviously you could flip someone like we've seen recently with Milwaukee and Houston, but you can't take the old school teams out of their leagues. 
    Cubs in the AL?
    Yanks in the NL?
    Dodgers in the AL?
    Blasphemy.
    I do agree with this and thought about that a bit.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Bahhhh none of that wouldn't mean anything anymore. Don't even call them separate leagues once there's a DH in both - it's one league: MLB.

And while we're dreaming, I would LOVE to see relegation in baseball.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    Fuck the designated hitter.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    edited February 2019
    Bahhhh none of that wouldn't mean anything anymore. Don't even call them separate leagues once there's a DH in both - it's one league: MLB.

And while we're dreaming, I would LOVE to see relegation in baseball.
    I agree, if you add theDH throw all the teams in a hat and pull. No need for leagues any longer.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Fuck the designated hitter.
    :cry: