Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    edited February 2019
    Fuck the designated hitter.
    They should also put an extra fielder next to the pitcher so all the pitcher has to do now is pitch.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    Fuck the designated hitter.
    They should also put an extra fielder next to the pitcher so all the pitcher has to do now is pitch.
    It's funny you should say that because when I was in Little League, the opposing team's coach and our coach came to an agreement before a scrimmage game that the opposing team would let a one-handed kid pitch, and since the kid wasn't exactly Jim Abbott, they allowed an additional infielder to field for him for the inning that he pitched. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,779
    Giiiiiiit thefuckoutatown
  • Options
    Now I'm pissed. Jeets GIFTS Stanton to the Yankees and now they're drawing a line in the stand? Fuck that, man.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    Now I'm pissed. Jeets GIFTS Stanton to the Yankees and now they're drawing a line in the stand? Fuck that, man.
    This is me blowing kisses your way
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    So this is happening? Jorge, Six Toes, and a third piece for Realmuto?

Man that’s a lot. Wonder if Harper said “get this guy and I’ll sign.”
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Well my head is exploding.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Not worth a top pitching prospect. 
    Better Phils than my team.

So they have all of this money to spend and they have Realmuto and an old Cutch for it?
    They need to get it done with Harper or Manny or people are gonna be pissed.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Not worth a top pitching prospect. 
    Better Phils than my team.

So they have all of this money to spend and they have Realmuto and an old Cutch for it?
    They need to get it done with Harper or Manny or people are gonna be pissed.
    It's the talk of the 3rd piece that's really making me pass out.

I mean I get the antagonizing that "this" is all they got. But their lineup 1-8 is solid with or without Harper/Machado. The expectation is just so high now of getting either is why people are going to be pissed if they do not.

I agree with Juggs above that I think Harper was like, "get another piece and I sign." That or Middleton doesn't give a fuck and is just like WIN, GET ME HARPER - "What else do you want, Bryce? The Moon???? I'll get you the fucking moon!"
  • Options
    Those 2 pieces should be enough.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Then there is also the part where I fucking hate trading for any catcher and giving up value.
  • Options
    Harper doesn’t give a shit about Realmuto. Pay him 
  • Options
    And if it’s true it’s a horrible trade.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Then there is also the part where I fucking hate trading for any catcher and giving up value.
    That is pretty much where I land. 

And yes...their lineup is solid, although there are two players who may/may not show up for weeks/months in Franco and Odubel.
  • Options
    I have no question that they'll outbid anyone. But if Bryce requests Middleton to floss his teeth with his pubes I'd safely say it's on the table of requests.
  • Options
    I have no question that they'll outbid anyone. But if Bryce requests Middleton to floss his teeth with his pubes I'd safely say it's on the table of requests.
    Then they’ll get him. Harper will play for the Long Island ducks if they pay him the most.  He’s not making baseball requests before he signs. Realmuto is good and will make them better now which is why they are trading for him. 
  • Options
    I definitely don't want to recoil at the fact of trading pitching prospects. I get it, they don't work out - which the Phillies routinely remind of that fact due to their lack of cultivating such talent. But I'll say, it would be amazing if Sanchez and Kilome come back to haunt them within the division. I'd sign up for that kind torture, that's real good Philly sports torture right there.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,196
    why do i think the same people in the Philly area who don't want to include Sanchez in this or any deal are the same folks who said you can't include Kyle Drabek in a Roy Halladay deal?  Middleton clearly wants to win sooner than later.  Harper signs by Valentines day.
  • Options
    I definitely don't want to recoil at the fact of trading pitching prospects. I get it, they don't work out - which the Phillies routinely remind of that fact due to their lack of cultivating such talent. But I'll say, it would be amazing if Sanchez and Kilome come back to haunt them within the division. I'd sign up for that kind torture, that's real good Philly sports torture right there.
    Totally forgot we traded Kilome to the Mets. Looks like he's having Tommy John and missing all of next year. So.....he'll be an all star in 2020. Ha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    pjhawks said:
    why do i think the same people in the Philly area who don't want to include Sanchez in this or any deal are the same folks who said you can't include Kyle Drabek in a Roy Halladay deal?  Middleton clearly wants to win sooner than later.  Harper signs by Valentines day.
    The Drabek stuff was dumb, but at the end of the day, I wouldn't trade 6 potential years of Sixto plus secondary pieces for 2 of Realmuto when you have a serviceable catcher.  

I originally leaned towards the idea that they may be willing to do this because they aren't as likely to sign Harper as they once thought, but no ones anything. I still think they do, but if I were a GM with this team and planned on signing Harper, I keep those assets for down the road.
  • Options
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,196
    pjhawks said:
    The Drabek stuff was dumb, but at the end of the day, I wouldn't trade 6 potential years of Sixto plus secondary pieces for 2 of Realmuto when you have a serviceable catcher.  

I originally leaned towards the idea that they may be willing to do this because they aren't as likely to sign Harper as they once thought, but no ones anything. I still think they do, but if I were a GM with this team and planned on signing Harper, I keep those assets for down the road.
    if you think Alfaro was serviceable.  I like his potential bat but he was brutal defensively other than his cannon for an arm. him and Knapp struggled to actually catch the ball last year.

and even if Sanchez becomes a star it's not like the Marlins will keep him forever.  they will trade off assets again at some point. maybe Jeter will hand deliver him to the Yanks down the line for ya. 
  • Options
    Fuck!

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Will Stewart is the third player. No fourth. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Why not just sign Ramos when you could've? This guy looks nothing more than average to me.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Drooling over this

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    1. Quinn - CF
    2. Segura - SS
    3. McCutchen - RF
    4. Hoskins - 1B
    5. Realmuto - C
    6. Herrera/Williams - LF
    7. Franco - 3B
    8. Kingery - 2B

1. Quinn - CF
    2. Hernandez - 2B
    3. Segura - SS
    4. Hoskins - 1B
    5. McCutchen - RF
    6. Realmuto - C
    7. Herrera/Williams - LF
    8. Franco/Kingery - 3B

OR let's just do what needs to happen:

1. Quinn - CF
    2. Segura - SS
    3. Harper - RF
    4. Hoskins - 1B
    5. McCutchen - LF
    6. Realmuto - C
    7. Hernandez - 2B
    8. Franco/Kingery - 3B

• Options
    Couldn't they have done something with all of the leftover pieces?  Interesting article in The Athletic today about this situation.  Franco/Kingery/Williams/Herrera each could being bench fries depending on the scenario?
  • Options
    If I'm bringing in Harper I'm trading Herrera immediately. Between Wiliams & Herrera I think you can get more for Herrera.  Kingery apparently they're going to treat as the superutility, but I honestly they should just commit to him at 2nd and trade Hernandez. Until then I think Kingery will be a good push for Franco so as not to get too lazy. As soon as Franco's stock rises even a smidge I'm selling immediately.

As long as Quinn is here and not hurt (I know I'm hoping here) then he's leading off and playing Center.