Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659

What the fuck is scrapple??

Think about the shit they refuse to put in hotdogs.
    But 1000x better.
    They are both pretty phenomenal.
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,828

What the fuck is scrapple??

Think about the shit they refuse to put in hotdogs.
    But 1000x better.
    Haha, that sounds like something I would be interested in. Looks like a few places in Chicago have it...I'll have to check it out.
    If it ain't Habbersett then it's shit! SHIT I TELL YOU.
  • Options
    Syrup on scrapple seems weird to me.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,458

it's a breakfast meat
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,282

agree. gotta be ketchup. and put me in the thin slice category.
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Scrapple is FKN amazing!!!!!!!!!! Nice and crispy is the way.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options

Do you put syrup on bacon or sausage?
  • Options
    the only breakfast meat that should not get syrup is taylor pork roll...and that should get nothing but a little salt and pepper.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Sausage, not bacon.
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Pork Roll,Scrapple and Bacon= heaven
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    Not the best audition for lee
  • Options

Sausage, not bacon.
    Where's the logic in that? Have you had french toast and bacon SLATHERED in syrup? It's hard for me to order anything else but this for brunch anymore.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,237
    least i didn't start cliff lee tonight in my fantasy league
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    I'll have to Jump off the Bus run up the Rocky Stairs and jump back on the Bus on the way to New York :P lol
  • Options
    i_lov_it said:

I'll have to Jump off the Bus run up the Rocky Stairs and jump back on the Bus on the way to New York :P lol

You should give the city a look a little more than because of some steps from some movie about a made-up hero. Maybe go in the museum.
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    edited July 2014

i_lov_it said:

You should give the city a look a little more than because of some steps from some movie about a made-up hero. Maybe go in the museum.
    Yeah of course most Definitely if I have time I'll take a Few Photos around the City go into the Museum and have a Look around :)

• Options
    cole hamels is awesome. though it makes sense to trade him, he's on the only guy I do not want to see leave...

http://crashburnalley.com/2014/07/21/cole-hamels-is-on-his-way-to-phillies-immortality/

Cole Hamels Is on His Way to Phillies Immortality

by Bill Baer on July 21, 2014

Cole Hamels has been bandied about in trade rumors, despite having signed a six-year, $144 million contract extension with the Phillies nearly two years ago to this date. The Phillies’ future is looking bleak, and their other trade chips aren’t expected to bring in a franchise-altering haul. Hamels, on the other hand, could bring that kind of a return to help set the team up for a return to prominence several years from now.

Hamels limited the Braves to one run over seven innings on Saturday night, continuing what has been a great season for the 30-year-old lefty. Since the start of June, Hamels has posted a 1.81 ERA with a 71/23 K/BB ratio in 69 2/3 innings across 10 starts. On the season overall, he’s sitting on a 2.83 ERA, which is only slightly below his FIP and XFIP, showing that his results are more or less lining up with his performance. While the shoulder tendinitis that caused him to miss the first few weeks of the season, as well as his slow start, caused some worry, Hamels has shown he is still the same dominant pitcher he has been since the start of the 2010 season. It’s easy to see why he would draw significant trade interest.

The Phillies are under no obligation to make Hamels available, however. Hamels is signed through 2018 and while the Phillies may not be legitimate contender until 2017, realistically speaking, it would be nice to have Hamels around to lead the rotation if and when that happens. The Phillies can also explore moving him during the off-season, or at this time next season as well. Hamels is one of the few veterans on the roster who motivates fans to show up to the ballpark.

Should Hamels stay throughout the duration of his contract, he could challenge for the title of “best Phillies pitcher of all-time”. To be fair, that honor is less impressive than if he had spent his entire career in the Yankees organization, but nevertheless, it’s worth mentioning.

To date, Hamels has logged 1,711 innings and posted a 3.34 ERA. Adjusting for league and park factors, that comes out to a 123 ERA+, which is significantly above average. That’s currently the third-best ERA+ among Phillies starters to have logged at least 1,000 innings:

As far as traditional stats go, Hamels just won his 103rd game, which ranks sixth on the Phillies’ all-time leaderboard. Steve Carlton and Robin Roberts are the only two above 200 (241 and 234, respectively), and he still trails Pete Alexander (190), Chris Short (132), and Curt Simmons (115). Hamels is third on the strikeouts leaderboard with 1,624. He trails Carlton (3,031) and Roberts (1,871).

It’s hard to see Hamels racking up the counting stats unless he stays in a Phillies uniform throughout the entirety of his contract while remaining healthy and productive, all of which are unlikely to occur in tandem. Hamels certainly won’t reach the 200-win threshold. However, the game has changed and fans’ understanding has as well, so his wins total won’t be the defining statistic of his tenure in Philadelphia.

A summary of Hamels’ career isn’t complete until going over his post-season success. He was, of course, a big reason why the Phillies ended their playoff drought in 2007 and their championship drought the next season, earning World Series MVP honors with two fantastic starts against the Tampa Bay Rays. Over 13 career post-season starts, Hamels has a 3.09 ERA with a 77/21 K/BB ratio in 81 2/3 innings. Carlton’s post-season numbers with the Phillies? 13 starts, 3.32 ERA, 76/48 K/BB ratio over 89 1/3 innings.

If the Phillies decide to trade Hamels, the reasons for doing so are understandable even if tough to swallow. But if the Phillies opt to keep him, there are certainly worse things than watching him take the mound once every five games on some abysmal teams. He’ll be to these upcoming Phillies seasons as Curt Schilling was from 1996-99.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

cole hamels is awesome. though it makes sense to trade him, he's on the only guy I do not want to see leave...

http://crashburnalley.com/2014/07/21/cole-hamels-is-on-his-way-to-phillies-immortality/

Cole Hamels Is on His Way to Phillies Immortality

by Bill Baer on July 21, 2014

Cole Hamels has been bandied about in trade rumors, despite having signed a six-year, $144 million contract extension with the Phillies nearly two years ago to this date. The Phillies’ future is looking bleak, and their other trade chips aren’t expected to bring in a franchise-altering haul. Hamels, on the other hand, could bring that kind of a return to help set the team up for a return to prominence several years from now.

Hamels limited the Braves to one run over seven innings on Saturday night, continuing what has been a great season for the 30-year-old lefty. Since the start of June, Hamels has posted a 1.81 ERA with a 71/23 K/BB ratio in 69 2/3 innings across 10 starts. On the season overall, he’s sitting on a 2.83 ERA, which is only slightly below his FIP and XFIP, showing that his results are more or less lining up with his performance. While the shoulder tendinitis that caused him to miss the first few weeks of the season, as well as his slow start, caused some worry, Hamels has shown he is still the same dominant pitcher he has been since the start of the 2010 season. It’s easy to see why he would draw significant trade interest.

The Phillies are under no obligation to make Hamels available, however. Hamels is signed through 2018 and while the Phillies may not be legitimate contender until 2017, realistically speaking, it would be nice to have Hamels around to lead the rotation if and when that happens. The Phillies can also explore moving him during the off-season, or at this time next season as well. Hamels is one of the few veterans on the roster who motivates fans to show up to the ballpark.

Should Hamels stay throughout the duration of his contract, he could challenge for the title of “best Phillies pitcher of all-time”. To be fair, that honor is less impressive than if he had spent his entire career in the Yankees organization, but nevertheless, it’s worth mentioning.

To date, Hamels has logged 1,711 innings and posted a 3.34 ERA. Adjusting for league and park factors, that comes out to a 123 ERA+, which is significantly above average. That’s currently the third-best ERA+ among Phillies starters to have logged at least 1,000 innings:

As far as traditional stats go, Hamels just won his 103rd game, which ranks sixth on the Phillies’ all-time leaderboard. Steve Carlton and Robin Roberts are the only two above 200 (241 and 234, respectively), and he still trails Pete Alexander (190), Chris Short (132), and Curt Simmons (115). Hamels is third on the strikeouts leaderboard with 1,624. He trails Carlton (3,031) and Roberts (1,871).

It’s hard to see Hamels racking up the counting stats unless he stays in a Phillies uniform throughout the entirety of his contract while remaining healthy and productive, all of which are unlikely to occur in tandem. Hamels certainly won’t reach the 200-win threshold. However, the game has changed and fans’ understanding has as well, so his wins total won’t be the defining statistic of his tenure in Philadelphia.

A summary of Hamels’ career isn’t complete until going over his post-season success. He was, of course, a big reason why the Phillies ended their playoff drought in 2007 and their championship drought the next season, earning World Series MVP honors with two fantastic starts against the Tampa Bay Rays. Over 13 career post-season starts, Hamels has a 3.09 ERA with a 77/21 K/BB ratio in 81 2/3 innings. Carlton’s post-season numbers with the Phillies? 13 starts, 3.32 ERA, 76/48 K/BB ratio over 89 1/3 innings.

If the Phillies decide to trade Hamels, the reasons for doing so are understandable even if tough to swallow. But if the Phillies opt to keep him, there are certainly worse things than watching him take the mound once every five games on some abysmal teams. He’ll be to these upcoming Phillies seasons as Curt Schilling was from 1996-99.

him and chase for me, i don't really care about the others anymore.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    salisbury says phils willing to eat most of howard's contract in trade...may actually release him

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,786

salisbury says phils willing to eat most of howard's contract in trade...may actually release him

I saw that too. Hey, it'd take a lot of guts to admit the mistake and drop him. But really, the team can't go on with him for three more years. He didn't even play tonight cause he struggles so much against lefties. It's been one of the saddest declines I've ever seen in baseball. And it's not even about the contract at this point. Even if he played for free, he wouldn't be worth having on your team right now.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,659
    Immortality? you gotta be kidding.

he won some WS games against the TAMPA BAY DEVIL RAYS for chrissake.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,282
    even in an absolutely terrible season Ryan is still 6th in the league in RBIs. hard to believe Harry.

and I really don't get this fan base. was down there last night. cheer Hunter Pence and boo Jayson Werth. that's ass backwards to me.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,659
    pjhawks said:

even in an absolutely terrible season Ryan is still 6th in the league in RBIs. hard to believe Harry.

and I really don't get this fan base. was down there last night. cheer Hunter Pence and boo Jayson Werth. that's ass backwards to me.

is it because they dumped hunter and jayson left for a cash grab? whatever the case, thanks for hunter. his intensity is awesome.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    i wonder if Pappelon is sucking on purpose now so he can get traded?

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    For curiosity's sake of looking for how much the Phils were willing to eat for Thome I found this article - http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20051123&content_id=1271930&vkey=news_phi&fext=.jsp&c_id=phi

Funny just to read back on this now, and that Howard is near Thome's age, and that's not to say Howard is even close to the player Thome was at this point in his career.

Amaro would never be able to pull a trade like this off either, healthy or no healthy Howard.

Can't wait till they release him. Thanks for the service, Ryan, but it's time to beat it.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    If this is it then thanks Ryan. Will always be a World Fucking Champion! Damn, what a sad ending.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

If this is it then thanks Ryan. Will always be a World Fucking Champion! Damn, what a sad ending.

Is it, though? How many guys actually go out on top, instead of fading into a whimper?

I'd say 10-ish-plus seasons in one uniform and putting together the amount of production he did early on his career - winning ROY, MVP and a World Series - I think he had a good run. And it's now (finally) time to move on.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I can see that but he dropped off a cliff.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

I can see that but he dropped off a cliff.

Dropped off a cliff, sure, but at the same time it wasn't surprising.

Hopefully this is the nail in the coffin for Amaro, though I'd bet dollars-to-donuts that he gets at least one more season. Because this front office justifies any kind of loyalty.