PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    The Fixer said:

was in chicago most of last week for work. my god I love that city. my wife has never been, taking her for a long weekend in a couple of weeks.

the fixer has a busy 6 months coming up.

yanks/O's this week
    chicago (including seeing the O's at wrigley)
    PJ shows (at least 2, possibly 3)
    bach party in NO
    mmj in mexico
    couple of weddings
    fantasy football draft (always a debacle at a dive bar in NJ)

and best of all, college football starts in a few weeks which means gambling season is back

Also, I just experienced my first phish show. that is a weird fucking scene

those ankles ok from jumping on and off bandwagons? huge phils fan when they were winning with 7 years of zero mentions about the Orioles and now the above. interesting. and of course fantasy football.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953

Never really watch the little league World Series unless there is nothing else on but interested in this center city team. Unfortunately it is up against the golf

Girl was cheesing them with a 70 mph fastball. Pretty fun to watch.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

was in chicago most of last week for work. my god I love that city. my wife has never been, taking her for a long weekend in a couple of weeks.

the fixer has a busy 6 months coming up.

yanks/O's this week
    chicago (including seeing the O's at wrigley)
    PJ shows (at least 2, possibly 3)
    bach party in NO
    mmj in mexico
    couple of weddings
    fantasy football draft (always a debacle at a dive bar in NJ)

and best of all, college football starts in a few weeks which means gambling season is back

Also, I just experienced my first phish show. that is a weird fucking scene

those ankles ok from jumping on and off bandwagons? huge phils fan when they were winning with 7 years of zero mentions about the Orioles and now the above. interesting. and of course fantasy football.
    tomorrow I am hitting O's game for work. I will always be a phils fan first (even though they're among the most incompetent franchises in all of sports), but I do like to see the O's do well. Best stadium in the majors
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    only downside to Camden Yards is they don't have the open concourses like Citizen's Bank so can't see the game if walking around. Other than that though still a fantastic ballpark. the seating there is so close to the field.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    I like San Fran more than camden.

that's one stadium I haven't made it to yet. Could see it being best in MLB. looks amazing on tv
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822

Unfortunately haven't been to Camden Yards yet, but AT&T Park in San Fran is my favorite out of the 14-15 ballparks I've been to. PNC in Pittsburgh is a close 2nd.
    edited August 2014

Unfortunately haven't been to Camden Yards yet, but AT&T Park in San Fran is my favorite out of the 14-15 ballparks I've been to. PNC in Pittsburgh is a close 2nd.
    Yeah, I loved everything about it. Sat up behind homeplate to get a good view of everything. Awesome place. Good food and beer. 21st amendment right down the street

Want to get to PNC. Hear awesome things about the stadium

Yeah, I loved everything about it. Sat up behind homeplate to get a good view of everything. Awesome place. Good food and beer. 21st amendment right down the street

Did you read that ballpark beer article I posted in the mlb thread? SF was only ranked middle of the pack. Balt was 5th, philly was 11.

pnc is nice, but loses points due to being in pittsburgh. that city sucks
    edited August 2014
    The Fixer said:

Did you read that ballpark beer article I posted in the mlb thread? SF was only ranked middle of the pack. Balt was 5th, philly was 11.

pnc is nice, but loses points due to being in pittsburgh. that city sucks
    Haven't read it yet but will check it out. I probably liked it more because there is a lot of beer that isn't as available on the east coast
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752

San Fran's park is pretty sweet. Been there once, about 10 years ago. Haven't been to PNC yet.

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    I'd go PNC over Camden, and I think I gotta go CBP over Camden - and that's not entirely bias either.

Seattle was pretty badass, too, but definitely gotta get to San Fran.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822

I'd go PNC over Camden, and I think I gotta go CBP over Camden - and that's not entirely bias either.

Yeah, I definitely gotta hit up Seattle, Camden Yards, and Philly. A friend of mine has been to every MLB stadium and he said Seattle is his favorite. Oakland was obviously the worst

I think the atmosphere around the stadium counts, which makes oriole park better than the solar panel farm surrounding cbp.

remember our miller park visit? that's definitely the oddest mlb park I have been to
    gotta love amaro giving us jerome williams.

HOW DOES HE STILL HAVE A JOB??????? Infuriating
    The Fixer said:

I think the atmosphere around the stadium counts, which makes oriole park better than the solar panel farm surrounding cbp.

remember our miller park visit? that's definitely the oddest mlb park I have been to
    There's nothing more overrated than K Lot. It's the Sea Isle, OD, No-Shower-Happy-Hour, flipped collared golf shirts with boat shoes, douchiest place. Though, Bar Mall is making a considerable run.

I like our setup because it's easy to get there and out without a problem, yet people act like it's soooo far from the city center. 15 minute subway ride, boom, you're there.

I know if they built the ballpark in Chinatown, or somewhere else downtown - after futher review - it would have been absolutely awful. Because people in this area, outside of the city proper, feel the need to drive to EVERYTHING. Hence, it would've been a shit show at least 81 days out of the year.

Dude next to me at work, who lives in Jersey, told me how his neighbor planned on tailgating at the Eagles practice at Franklin Field. People like this should be shot.

It seems like they have the option to open the windows and roof there in Milwaukee, but instead they keep them close and it smells like fat cheese curd sweat in there. Alls I know is beer, and green (hehe), is very very very cheap in Wisco, which I very much appreciated.

And the tailgates were bizarre - just leaving all their shit in the parking lot. Very odd.
    Hamels' house up for sale. Probably doesn't mean a fucking thing, but here's to hoping Amaro is fired in the offseason, competent GM comes in, and trades Cole for something worthwhile.
    Fest this weekend. If yous never been, then you should be, sooner than later.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466

Fest this weekend. If yous never been, then you should be, sooner than later.

good ol' schwenksville pa

I think i'm heading up to allentown to scout mr franco tomorrow night
    www.myspace.com
    That girl is good

That girl is good

if the phillies aren't concerned that more people around here are interested in mo'ne and these kids than them....they're even more out of touch than i thought. they play again sunday night right?
    www.myspace.com
    also i guess i am late to the game with these guys but god damn it, philly has some amazing music coming out of it right now with The War on Drugs, Kurt Vile and Strand of Oaks.

i know eeriepadave and i have talked about them in other threads but anyone else into these guys/bands? twod is my new obsession right now. everything i've heard of theirs is fucking great. can't wait to see them live....they're playing with mmj at one big holiday this year too
    www.myspace.com

also i guess i am late to the game with these guys but god damn it, philly has some amazing music coming out of it right now with The War on Drugs, Kurt Vile and Strand of Oaks.

i know eeriepadave and i have talked about them in other threads but anyone else into these guys/bands? twod is my new obsession right now. everything i've heard of theirs is fucking great. can't wait to see them live....they're playing with mmj at one big holiday this year too

Yeah I dig both but haven't listened too much. I haven't listened to any new music of late really. Don't know why

That girl is good

if the phillies aren't concerned that more people around here are interested in mo'ne and these kids than them....they're even more out of touch than i thought. they play again sunday night right?
    Haha yeah that is true. They do play tomorrow. Don't know what time. Don't think she can pitch though. I know she can start the 3rd game. It's wild how good she is an how easy she makes it look. Just mows down these kids. They have to be so pissed
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752

Yeah I dig both but haven't listened too much. I haven't listened to any new music of late really. Don't know why
    Need to get more into Kurt Vile now. Loving War On Drugs and Strand Of Oaks albums
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/16/phillies-may-bring-grady-sizemore-back-for-the-2015-season/

"2015 and beyond"

Never change, Ruben, never change. It's almost a snl skit at this point, right?

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/16/phillies-may-bring-grady-sizemore-back-for-the-2015-season/

"2015 and beyond"

Never change, Ruben, never change. It's almost a snl skit at this point, right?

It is astounding.
    Though I love to pile on Rube, not a bad silver lining to get in return for a 1-year pitcher so far, along with another to come:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=valent000jes&utm_campaign=Linker&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker-www.mlbtraderumors.com

Though I love to pile on Rube, not a bad silver lining to get in return for a 1-year pitcher so far, along with another to come:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=valent000jes&utm_campaign=Linker&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker-www.mlbtraderumors.com

That's weird.

That's weird.
    I don't understand it either.