Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,200
    The Fixer said:

This will be the first year that I don't attend a phils home game since 1987. It's by choice.

Gotta love the Amaro Era. Thank god for 2008 because the chances of this team winning another title in our lifetime are slim to none (barring a sale of the franchise, which isn't happening thanks to the comcast money).

Also, someone above mentioned platooning ryan howard's fat ass (this should have happened 3 years ago). If this franchise had any stones they would cut him. He's a sunk cost. Gillick had the balls to give abreu away for nothing and eat his contract, that's what they need to do with fat boy if they want to start this rebuild.

http://crashburnalley.com/2014/07/15/just-how-bad-is-ryan-howard/

second year for me in the past 15 or so years.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,444
    edited July 2014
    good team or bad team, I still think going to a baseball game is a fun way to spend an evening...especially in this ballpark. been to 4 games and will probably go to at least 1 or 2 more--especially if/when franco gets called up.

you guys see crawford jumped to #15 on law's prospect rankings?

15. J.P. Crawford, SS | Philadelphia Phillies

Preseason Ranking: 46

Crawford's yet another athletic, quick shortstop who's shown great instincts and performed well even when playing among much older competition -- just add him to the pile, I guess. Crawford's one of the best defenders in the group, but not as strong as Russell or as fleet of foot as Lindor. He's shown an excellent approach at the plate, especially pitch recognition, even against lefties, and his glove isn't that far away from being major league ready.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,642

good team or bad team, I still think going to a baseball game is a fun way to spend an evening...especially in this ballpark. been to 4 games and will probably go to at least 1 or 2 more--especially if/when franco gets called up.

you guys see crawford jumped to #15 on law's prospect rankings?

15. J.P. Crawford, SS | Philadelphia Phillies

Preseason Ranking: 46

Crawford's yet another athletic, quick shortstop who's shown great instincts and performed well even when playing among much older competition -- just add him to the pile, I guess. Crawford's one of the best defenders in the group, but not as strong as Russell or as fleet of foot as Lindor. He's shown an excellent approach at the plate, especially pitch recognition, even against lefties, and his glove isn't that far away from being major league ready.

Yeah, man. Agreed. I haven't been to the phillies yet this season but plan on going to a few before the summer is over. Beer and baseball on a summer night. Yes, please.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    if there is so much of an uproar over the redskins' name....why does nobody say anything about this fucking tomahawk chop that has been played out for 2 decades now?

also, cole hamels is bound to throw a no hitter sooner or later...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

if there is so much of an uproar over the redskins' name....why does nobody say anything about this fucking tomahawk chop that has been played out for 2 decades now?

also, cole hamels is bound to throw a no hitter sooner or later...

Both are awful. That said I don't think the chop is quite as bad as Redskins or Chief Wahoo. Imagine having a baseball team full of Hispanics and whites called the Harlem Negros?
  • Options
    Thinking about becoming a tourist this weekend and doing the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall and all that stuff followed by the new beer garden there that looks absolutely sweet.
  • Options

Thinking about becoming a tourist this weekend and doing the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall and all that stuff followed by the new beer garden there that looks absolutely sweet.

we were in that area yesterday for brunch....forgot how crowded it gets down there with tourists. they were fucking everywhere
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

we were in that area yesterday for brunch....forgot how crowded it gets down there with tourists. they were fucking everywhere
    Where did you go?

Yeah, it gets insane. I don't usually see it on the weekends but pass by every morning during the week. In late June and through a lot of the summer with school and camp trips there is a line a couple hundred deep at the Liberty Bell by 9 am.
  • Options

Where did you go?

Yeah, it gets insane. I don't usually see it on the weekends but pass by every morning during the week. In late June and through a lot of the summer with school and camp trips there is a line a couple hundred deep at the Liberty Bell by 9 am.
    farmicia
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,826
    Went to the beer garden down here on Friday. Definitely a good time. On a semi-related note - Riley Cooper and Jason Kelce are large human beings.
  • Options

Went to the beer garden down here on Friday. Definitely a good time. On a semi-related note - Riley Cooper and Jason Kelce are large human beings.

Nice. Beer list looks pretty solid. Was a bit surprised.
  • Options

Where did you go?

farmicia
    Nice. Haven't been there in years
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,624

you get tourists in philly???

go giants.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive said:

you get tourists in philly???

go giants.
    Says the guy who lives near skiing and Mormons.
  • Options
    Speaking of Mormons, I still don't understand why or how they're constructing that huge building in the city. I get they have a lot of money, but are there really that many around here?
  • Options

Speaking of Mormons, I still don't understand why or how they're constructing that huge building in the city. I get they have a lot of money, but are there really that many around here?

No clue. It is a fucking MASSIVE building too.
  • Options

Where did you go?

farmicia
    bloody Mary's are decent and my egg white mexican omelet was awesome......

however the scrapple left something to be desired. I like my scrapple a bit over cooked and with a bit of spice to it. this was crunchy on the outside, which is good, but too mushy on the inside and rather bland.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Where did you go?

farmicia
    bloody Mary's are decent and my egg white mexican omelet was awesome......

however the scrapple left something to be desired. I like my scrapple a bit over cooked and with a bit of spice to it. this was crunchy on the outside, which is good, but too mushy on the inside and rather bland.
    Nice.

Love seeing scrapple on menus. I think I like it that way as well. Don't cook it often enough to really know though.

• Options
    Bowden suggested Lee for Severino and Aaron Judge. Prospects are prospects but I am not sure I would do that. I would have a really tough time parting with Severino for a year and a half of Lee. Judge always gets the Stanton comparison but that is obviously pretty far fetched. Big time power though.
  • Options
    Usually it's too mushy in the middle if it's cut too thick. I'm a fan of putting it in a skillet, but will never turn down a piece deep fried.
  • Options

Bowden suggested Lee for Severino and Aaron Judge. Prospects are prospects but I am not sure I would do that. I would have a really tough time parting with Severino for a year and a half of Lee. Judge always gets the Stanton comparison but that is obviously pretty far fetched. Big time power though.

I've seen that reliever, betances, and this gary sanchez's name tossed around too....?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Usually it's too mushy in the middle if it's cut too thick. I'm a fan of putting it in a skillet, but will never turn down a piece deep fried.

this was a bit thick...yeah.

skillet's always the way to go. agreed. are you a ketchup or syrup guy?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I've seen that reliever, betances, and this gary sanchez's name tossed around too....?
    No and no. haha.

Betances isn't going anywhere. I would include Sanchez in a trade for Hamels but not Lee, even if his stock is falling a bit.

I am just not the biggest fan of Lee at this point, especially with this elbow. I mean if Tanaka doesn't go under the knife and Pineda can come back, adding Lee to that rotation would be pretty solid, I just don't know about giving away those guys for a year and a half of Lee when I don't trust they can win in that year and a half.
  • Options

Never had fried. Always a skillet.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

this was a bit thick...yeah.

skillet's always the way to go. agreed. are you a ketchup or syrup guy?
    Depends on my mood, or what else I'm eating it with. Some scrambled eggs? A little ketchup. Some french toast and bacon? A little (a lot) of syrup.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,773
    What the fuck is scrapple??
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,624

their whole thing is world domination. I have a Mormon friend and I told him I didn't understand why kids (aka "elders ") do missions in SLC. It seems a little unnecessary to me. My buddy replied "because SLC is only 50% LDS." See? They want 100%

So, watch out for bike riding, shirt and tie wearing dudes with "the good news"
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

Think about the shit they refuse to put in hotdogs.
  • Options

But 1000x better.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,773

But 1000x better.
    Haha, that sounds like something I would be interested in. Looks like a few places in Chicago have it...I'll have to check it out.