Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,344
    bowa is awesome...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,532
    JK_Livin said:

Aren't the odds against every single player sucking that we've received in a trade the past 3-4 years? You'd think by accident one of them would at least be ok.

run it down for me, JK ;)

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,992

that was an ugly game

On par with this season...
    this is true

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,613
    Speaking of phillies trades. How about that deal singleton took? Hot damn
  • Options

Speaking of phillies trades. How about that deal singleton took? Hot damn

Pretty crazy...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Darrin Ruff looks like he broke his entire body on that play. Jesus....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    RIP baseball for 2014. That's what Amaro gets for sending Ruf back down.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    I'm going to wind up knowing every single one of the Sixers 5 2nd round draft picks by heart.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,992
    JK_Livin said:

RIP baseball for 2014. That's what Amaro gets for sending Ruf back down.

yeah that was pretty fucking stupid of him.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Please blow this ship up TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options

Amaro has to be the 1st to go because how can we expect to get any decent prospects back with him still at the helm?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    i wish franco was still ripping the cover off the ball to warrant a call up. dude's been struggling in aaa.....same with that giles kid.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Amaro has to be the 1st to go because how can we expect to get any decent prospects back with him still at the helm?
    would they can him mid season though? that's the thing that sucks. if he's fired, the next gm will be here after the fire sale takes place.

also the draft is today....last year's draft is supposedly the only thing our scouts have done right in the last few years. hopefully that continues.

this blows.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

JK_Livin said:

would they can him mid season though? that's the thing that sucks. if he's fired, the next gm will be here after the fire sale takes place.

also the draft is today....last year's draft is supposedly the only thing our scouts have done right in the last few years. hopefully that continues.

this blows.
    Can't fire him mid season for just that reason. If you fire the GM you fire the majority of the front office. Draft is today and you have to sign those players, not to mention the inevitable trades coming. Too much in too short of a time for another GM to handle with a new staff.

• Options

JK_Livin said:

this blows.
    Can't fire him mid season for just that reason. If you fire the GM you fire the majority of the front office. Draft is today and you have to sign those players, not to mention the inevitable trades coming. Too much in too short of a time for another GM to handle with a new staff.

I think collectively, that we could handle this. I can get to CBP in 20 minutes. Who's with me?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    You can fire him. Have Gillick step in and finish the season out. And let Gillick stay if he wants or allow him to pick the next guy.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    How old is Gillick now? I doubt he would want to do that.

Baseball gm's rarely get fired. It looks like the last one to get canned was none other than Ed Wade 3 years ago. That's pretty strange.

I don't think they fire him until after the season when they can take their time finding a replacement. Like Cliff said, there's too much stuff that needs to be done short term.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Baseball gm's rarely get fired. It looks like the last one to get canned was none other than Ed Wade 3 years ago. That's pretty strange.

I don't think they fire him until after the season when they can take their time finding a replacement. Like Cliff said, there's too much stuff that needs to be done short term.

Like what, more mistakes?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options

And not to mention, what has Gillick been doing that you know he could step right in and sign a full draft's worth of amateur players that he had no real role in drafting? Along with trading players away for prospects that he likely hasn't scouted? And he would be doing this with Amaro's staff because you aren't replacing scouts midseason. So you would have the same people scouting the same players just with a different leader at the helm. Yeah, that's not happening.

What does a Senior Advisor do? Don Zimmer was just a Senior Advisor.

Replacing a GM is not something you do overnight. As evidenced by the Ed Wade stat, which is insane and I had no idea.

• Options
    Gillick is still in the organization I think. I'd rather him trade Papelbon,Rollins,Chooch and Utley then Amaro.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    How could you allow Amaro to trade away those players if he's not coming back next year? If he trades some of them he has to be coming back sadly.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    When was the last one fired in season? Minaya? I can't think of one...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

How could you allow Amaro to trade away those players if he's not coming back next year? If he trades some of them he has to be coming back sadly.

I don't disagree at all with the fact that having Amaro trade them away and leave is a lose lose situation. I just dont think there is any possible way to change GMs mid season.

What are the chances you guys think he comes back? I don't put it at any worse than 50-50.

• Options

And not to mention, what has Gillick been doing that you know he could step right in and sign a full draft's worth of amateur players that he had no real role in drafting? Along with trading players away for prospects that he likely hasn't scouted? And he would be doing this with Amaro's staff because you aren't replacing scouts midseason. So you would have the same people scouting the same players just with a different leader at the helm. Yeah, that's not happening.

Replacing a GM is not something you do overnight. As evidenced by the Ed Wade stat, which is insane and I had no idea.

You mention the signing of draft picks but apparently Amaro can't do that either because of that NCAA incident last year. He just keeps piling on the shit. get rid of now, before the draft takes place. Throw a fucking dart at the board and we'd be better off. Cliff, you just want us to keep suffering by not firing him.
    :))
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Dude--the draft is literally today.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Do you really think we'd be that worse off? I don't know what it takes to hire or fire a GM but the more you let this guy do, the longer it will take to recover. Can't we poach someone from another team? Does that ever happen midseason?

I do realize that you can't do this hours before a draft but it needs to be done and we shouldn't wait any longer.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options

What are the chances you guys think he comes back? I don't put it at any worse than 50-50.

No, I think as long as this season plays out the way it's looking now, it's gotta be less than 50-50. The Phils are loyal to a fault but the losing and empty seats are going to force their hand.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Do you really think we'd be that worse off? I don't know what it takes to hire or fire a GM but the more you let this guy do, the longer it will take to recover. Can't we poach someone from another team? Does that ever happen midseason?

I do realize that you can't do this hours before a draft but it needs to be done and we shouldn't wait any longer.
    The team would have to give approval to interview with said team, so probably not/ I can't see that happening midseason. Usually teams grant that request if it is a higher position but not for lateral positions.

• Options
    JK_Livin said:

You mention the signing of draft picks but apparently Amaro can't do that either because of that NCAA incident last year. He just keeps piling on the shit. get rid of now, before the draft takes place. Throw a fucking dart at the board and we'd be better off. Cliff, you just want us to keep suffering by not firing him.
    :))
    HA, you got me. Seriously though, I am over bashing Amaro incessantly. Moot point at this point.