Options

New forum discussion here!

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    the best part with pm continues..you cant post a tittle at the pm,so if u want to search a pm,u need to read all of therm with a member and not the spesific topic..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

Im sure this has been asked, but I cant read all this mess... is there a "View your posts" button?

Click on your own avatar. In the blue boxes that show up, you will see Comments - that is the old view your posts button. Discussions are threads you've started.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,776

Im sure this has been asked, but I cant read all this mess... is there a "View your posts" button?

Click on your own avatar. In the blue boxes that show up, you will see Comments - that is the old view your posts button. Discussions are threads you've started.
    Click on Participated under My Discussions, left side of page. That is now turned on.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Waiting for next year... Posts: 3,365
    :-q

Not a fan. It is too hard to read, the time limit on editing a post is a joke. It is hard to distinguish between where a post ends and where someone's signature starts. And I miss the popcorn smiley and the list of birthdays and I miss being able to change up the font...what happened to the different sizes and colors?!?!

i love the packers.
    I lost a bet...
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217

Thanks Edson, but I liked how you could see your recent posts in ALL threads organized nicely. That was an easy way of keeping track of discussions or threads you are most interested in.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    I dig it. Don't change anything!
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,991
    Kat said:

Your browsers will usually allow you to adjust font selection and size. I use Command/Control with the += key to enlarge and Command/Control -_ to reduce the font size. It works on PC and Mac. I don't have a smartphone so can't help with that yet.

PMs are in Inbox, not Activity. I don't use Facebook...is that a Wall under Activity? Anyway, it's definitely a public area.

Will try to help as I can.

Thank you for all the polite comments and suggestions. They will help through this initial period.

Much better enlarged. Thanks Kat!

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Please tell me that 10c is willing to take members' suggestions seriously since the forums are still in beta mode...
  • Options

Thanks Edson, but I liked how you could see your recent posts in ALL threads organized nicely. That was an easy way of keeping track of discussions or threads you are most interested in.
    Kat just pointed out there's a Participated link on the left that has now been activated that does what you are suggesting I think. Seems like stuff is still being brought on line.
  • Options
    The activity button: do we need to know what everyone else is doing? I was thinking that this feature would show me MY activity, new posts on threads I posted in, etc.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Any way to 'report' a post? Or does that just make Kat/Sea more responsible for reading thru posts to make sure everybody is behaving?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738
    Kat said:

Click on Participated under My Discussions, left side of page. That is now turned on.

Thanks Kat!!! this one really makes me happy!!
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Options
    lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738
    Kat said:

Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Options
    and someone better let people know whats the difference posting on their wall and sent private messages
    we can see all the flipping sales now live at the activity....
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    lazloblue said:

Kat said:

That's helpful, but I also really liked the little black box you could click on that would bring you to the first unread post.

• Options
    for those of you who dislike the small type - i held cntrl and scrolled until it got to the size i like - and then it stayed that size after i left and came back (thats what she said)
  • Options

lazloblue said:

Kat said:

That's helpful, but I also really liked the little black box you could click on that would bring you to the first unread post.

When you click on a thread, doesn't it take you to the first unread post? Try it with a thread you've been reading and someone has added a post.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

and someone better let people know whats the difference posting on their wall and sent private messages

Now we know who to not buy from...

The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

Yea. It is kinda interesting looking at everyone's trading techniques. :>
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217

Kat just pointed out there's a Participated link on the left that has now been activated that does what you are suggesting I think. Seems like stuff is still being brought on line.
    Cool, thanks! :)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    Kat said:

lazloblue said:

Kat said:

When you click on a thread, doesn't it take you to the first unread post? Try it with a thread you've been reading and someone has added a post.
    I think the issue is all the threads have been re-set as un-read. So, if even if you click on the proper place, you need to "reset" your ending point. That is, read the end of every thread. Not surprising, as I'm sure in development the last thing anyone was thinking was - how do we save everyone's place on every thread they've ever read? Folks are probably trying to go through old threads and ending up at the beginning rather than where they left off. The issue isn't functionality (that works fine) it's that everything's been re-set.
  • Options
    Kat said:

lazloblue said:

Kat said:

Kat said:

lazloblue said:

Kat said:

Thank you.

• Options

Kat said:

lazloblue said:

Kat said:

I think the issue is all the threads have been re-set as un-read. So, if even if you click on the proper place, you need to "reset" your ending point. That is, read the end of every thread. Not surprising, as I'm sure in development the last thing anyone was thinking was - how do we save everyone's place on every thread they've ever read? Folks are probably trying to go through old threads and ending up at the beginning rather than where they left off. The issue isn't functionality (that works fine) it's that everything's been re-set.
    There's a Mark All Viewed option now at the top of the page for a reset.
  • Options
    is there any way for sizes and colors?
  • Options

is there any way for sizes and colors?

Browsers let you use Control + (plus sign) to enlarge, Ctrl - (minus sign) to reduce the size of the font. Your browser can let you set some other display options too. I don't know about color yet.
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    This is gonna take a minute... The bright white hurts the one eyeball I got... Someone said you can change the background color, but I am on my iPhone when I come here.. Ugh.. Headache!! I need a beer! Or 18!! HELP!
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346

That made me go back to the Activity thing. Wow, this is gonna be interesting ... Where's the popcorn?
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Is the inbox the new Pm's? Because under activity you can see users who have written direct messages to other users that may or may not be meant for PM material.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    this isn't final, is it? because this is unreadable, terrible to navigate and basically unpleasant

but if 10c objective was to drive more people away from the forums, their doing a great job
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Oh i see, you can click on the actual users name and write them a message. This is different than a pm, correct?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.