Options

New forum discussion here!

Comments

• Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,064
    can anyone else access the forums on Firefox? I can't but can on IE (which I hate).
    Also, how do you see your outbox and sent PM's? I'm just getting back to these now so I apologize in advance if this was covered over the last 12-18 hours somewhere
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Urgh. I don't like it. The old board seemed to have such an "organic", eyepleasing look. And it looked unique. This hurts my eyes. I don't like all the weird turquoise, the tiny fonts, all the WHITE, the smileys, the organisation ... And why does it say that you edited your post in bright red? That feels like shaming.

And where are the smileys? I see people posting them, but I don't find them here in the comment box...
  • Options

can anyone else access the forums on Firefox? I can't but can on IE (which I hate).

I can access the forums on Firefox (using it now).
    But somehow I can't log in with my original name. It works for the site and my account, but not the forum. Weird...
    Who can look into this?
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,366

I'm using Firefox here.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,326
    I may just be blinded by all of the white but I can't see where to "view your posts".

The "My Discussions" tab only shows threads that you have started, not threads that you have posted in.

Any help?
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    Is there a way to just go to the last post in a thread instead of having to click and scroll through the last page?
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Wow! just awful. Blinded by all the white. Really, the forum was the highest priority for 10C?
  • Options
    Umm, how do we sign out / log off?
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,325
    I fear change!

In all seriousness, I do not understand websites' need to continually revamp their formats. To be fair, the forums have been the same for a few years; still, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Also in all seriousness: We are not getting any younger. The band is of a certain age, so are the fans. I'm putting off bifocals for as long as possible -- and this revision is not helping me in that quest. I feel as if yesterday's blizzard hit the forums -- sooooo much white and a small, harder-to-read font. You don't need to swith to large-font text -- yet -- but going smaller just does not make sense given the fanclub demographics.

For someone earlier -- I am using Firefox and it works fine -- I think, not that I can find/see everything.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,325
    The light blue also is not kind to aging eyes. Whoever designed the new look, please go grab an "old" and ask them how easily they can read what is on the forums.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,959
    Looking forward to the Ten Club 'How To Use Forum' instructional Youtube video.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options

Umm, how do we sign out / log off?

Found it. The widget under your usermame at the top left of the screen.
  • Options
    Yay - I found the smileys. Don't like them either. I guess I will spend a lot less time on here @-)
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    Is anybody elses left side of the pages partially cut off? I mean I see just a tincy piece of peoples avatars and Discussion topics..
    LOL please don't kill me for posting in the wrong threads~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    AmherstJammerAmherstJammer Amherst, Massachusetts Posts: 1,510
    Needs a more gentle color background and slightly larger font. Also the signatures blend into what people are posting, makes it confusing to look at. Makes me feel I need to read more or I'll miss something...
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    edited January 2014
    What on Earth is this? lol
    Post edited by i_lov_it on
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886

Needs a more gentle color background and slightly larger font. Also the signatures blend into what people are posting, makes it confusing to look at. Makes me feel I need to read more or I'll miss something...

I agree, this will help a lot
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    AmherstJammerAmherstJammer Amherst, Massachusetts Posts: 1,510
    Everyone's location is gone. It's interesting to see where people are from.
  • Options
    My first thought - wow!!! Someone was watching the Twilight Zone Marathon New Years Eve/Day on Sci Fi and really took a liking to their new reality series they kept advertising. I guess we were all rewarded with living in the future. Why is the future always all white?
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,355
    again..worst part the private messages.fucked up the friend list,u cant find shit of the messages cos u see first the last person sent a pm at the conversation,so u see your avatar and not the other person.you cant see your friend list,so find the person u want,the friend list was very important to some of us,we use private messages here,you cant see if the message opened and the other person saw it,i lost alot of pm,in a period of 5-6 months at 2013 ,we lost view our posts,only can see the one you started,thiws white thing make it impossible to read is like u woke up after a stroke and lights are on your eyes,lost birthdays,edit only an hours,
    this whole notifications idea,well,we have facebook for this shit,we came here cos was different,more cool,great colors..
    no mention the fuck up u cant edit the original post after an hour,,u cant delete your post either..
    the only thing i feel when i log in here,is to close the window and leave..thanks for fuck up something some of us love
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    I think it's fair to call this a work in progress, but a overhaul of the forums was long overdue.

Seems like adjusting the background color of the posts and making the hilariously small font a little larger will go a long way to answering many of the criticisms.

Can we embed larger pictures and videos in posts now?

Things I like: the navigation links on the side, the social network aspects, and the look now matches the rest of the website

Things need work: the obvious color and font issues, gave me errors when trying to post on someone's wall, can't find how to jump to the last unread post in a thread (my favorite old forum feature)
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    Travelar said:

I'm using Firefox here.
    Same here. Version 26.0.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,962
    uhg i'm lost lol
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Unless TenC sends us vouchers to get Lasik Eye Surgery so we can read the fonts, please revert back to the old forum style.
  • Options
    I;m having trouble seeing everything -I"m old! lol. Also, I can't find some of my latest pms. Hopefully, things will get worked out ok.
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,355

I;m having trouble seeing everything -I"m old! lol. Also, I can't find some of my latest pms. Hopefully, things will get worked out ok.

i lost pm of atleast 5-6 months period.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Unless TenC sends us vouchers to get Lasik Eye Surgery so we can read the fonts, please revert back to the old forum style.

I had a LASIK and I can't read it either :P It actually feels like shortly after the surgery, when I was blinded by all the light.
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,959

again..worst part the private messages.fucked up the friend list,u cant find shit of the messages cos u see first the last person sent a pm at the conversation,so u see your avatar and not the other person.you cant see your friend list,so find the person u want,the friend list was very important to some of us,we use private messages here,you cant see if the message opened and the other person saw it,i lost alot of pm,in a period of 5-6 months at 2013 ,we lost view our posts,only can see the one you started,thiws white thing make it impossible to read is like u woke up after a stroke and lights are on your eyes,lost birthdays,edit only an hours,
    this whole notifications idea,well,we have facebook for this shit,we came here cos was different,more cool,great colors..
    no mention the fuck up u cant edit the original post after an hour,,u cant delete your post either..
    the only thing i feel when i log in here,is to close the window and leave..thanks for fuck up something some of us love

WOW - you lot really done fucked up to mess up Dimitris positivity!

Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738
    Good:: I now have an avatar!! Whoot, Whoot!! -- Of course I will be working to find just the right image now.

Bad: Where is "View your post"??
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788
    Spags said:

WOW - you lot really done fucked up to mess up Dimitris positivity!

My thoughts exactly! :lol I hate the smilies and my pm's are messed up too. Is there a little icon that pops up to tell you that you have a new pm? I'm on my phone... Where is it? Somebody send me a pm so I can find it....
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden