Options

New forum discussion here!

Comments

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    Hopefully this is just a work in progress and they are reviewing this thread for changes and adjustments to be made.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    nevmilesnevmiles Ottawa, ON Posts: 1,363
    Don't like the new color scheme (the white with blue text and small font is tough on the eyes) and it's difficult to discern where the "post" is and what's a signature, and where the next "post" begins etc. The layout doesn't separate the posts well . . . and I don't like the new terminology >:P

I DO like the fact that all sections of the forum (or "categories", I guess) are accessible on the left hand side though. That's nice, rather than having to go back to the main page to get around.
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Ugh, this is worse than the day my wife and I swapped underwear drawers!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    as more i search my pm,i see how MANY lost....so many infos there,about secret santa,about ticket trades,email adress
    why?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 869
    I dont mind change but no idea whats going on in the forums. The left side of my page is cut off. The categories are listed on the top of the page, which doesn't look right.
    Should I be changing some configurations on my computer? Using IE.
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • Options
    F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne New Hampshire, USA Posts: 1,462
    We've been following this band for 22+ years, obviously we all embrace change...
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    The best part is that we can still post!
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    I cant tell the difference between posts and peoples signatures...I hope color comes back as it makes thing MUCH easier to read....so far Im not liking it, sorry!
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,762
    Careful if you're sending PM's...

http://imgur.com/H9g74sa
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Why now you don't fixing foruming?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    When I click on "Recent Discussions", which i assume is supposed to act like the old "New Posts" link, ALL of the Announcement threads sort to the top (regardless of how recent they actually are). That's quite annoying...
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

Why now you don't fixing foruming?

“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    edited January 2014
    Just a couple things I've seen folks question -

1) To see your posts - when you click on your avatar, it brings you to your personal info. On that there is Discussions - which are threads you've started and Comments - that is the former view your posts

2) I think they re-set the entire forum, so everything is considered un-read. After you've begun reading a thread, there will pop up a yellow number of new posts indicator that will tell you a thread you've been reading has new posts. As others have said, click on the time under the most recent comment poster and it will bring you to where you left off. Otherwise, everything else is considered new (so it will bring you to the first post.

3) Threads you've posted in will have a slight greying on the main category page, so you know what discussion you've interjected in.

Still exploring and getting used to it, but it would have helped if they posted a translation description like this. I mean, as they were going through the hard code, they would have done that, so why not post it to save some of this anguish. I agree with the theory that exploring and trial and error are the best way to learn, but some of the early frustration could have been avoided with a simple if you are looking for this feature, here's where it is. That way we could spend time exploring all the great features we've been told about (haven't gotten to that point, yet) instead of resetting our reality.

As for criticisms - my only one so far (trying to take time rather than fire away) is regarding the PM's. Along with the ones others have stated, there doesn't seem to be an easy method with which to PM someone from a discussion. We used to be able to click on a PM button on someone's comment to privately discuss their post. I have to assume that feature still exists, so maybe I'll find it. But, as it is now, it appears you have to PM the person and let them know what they hell you're referencing (and as others have said - don't click on the avatar - that brings you to the Facebook like functionality. I don't think that leads to a PM of the discussion).

EDIT: Also don't like the time limit on editing posts. Yes, editing can be abused, but so what? It serves far more greater functionality than the few people who edit stuff to hide something they shouldn't be doing (e.g. aside from set list threads - drunken posts that folks think better of later).
    Post edited by EdsonNascimento on
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    edited January 2014
    I don't need a facebook-like wall or something, this is what I use facebook for. I liked here that stuff is a little less direct and more anonymous.
    I also don't like that you cannot edit posts any time. And I don't like that I actually have to lean in in order to see something on the screen.
    And it would be sweet if they brought the location thingy back. It was cool to see where people are from or what they chose to put in there. I would never have gotten to know my husband if it weren't for that location function...

I tried to change my colours and fonts on Firefox, but it changes it for every website that I open. So I changed that back :-q

I walked around a little in here, but so far, I am not liking it at all :-$ And where is the awesome popcorn smiley?
    Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • Options
    Another thing I've seen that upset people is the small comment box - well as I saw with my last post - it auto expands as you get long winded. That's actually an improvement over the last version where while the initial box was bigger, it scrolled once you filled it (which on certain computers gave me issues as I tend to get very verbose).
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    I do realize the old forum was on a white background, but at least each post was in its own 'box' so it helped break up each one, made it much easier to make a visual separation between them.

There is too much white, and it reads WAY too much like FB. I *hate* fb's format, it's too overwhelming. I liked the old forum because it wasn't trying to be like FB, seems all sites are trying to integrate with FB-now even this place, no thanks. What's gonna happen when FB goes the way of MySpace? It already is headed that way.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,777
    edited January 2014
    Your browsers will usually allow you to adjust font selection and size. I use Command/Control with the += key to enlarge and Command/Control -_ to reduce the font size. It works on PC and Mac. I don't have a smartphone so can't help with that yet.

PMs are in Inbox, not Activity. I don't use Facebook...is that a Wall under Activity? Anyway, it's definitely a public area.

Will try to help as I can.

Thank you for all the polite comments and suggestions. They will help through this initial period.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    RatherBeRatherBe Posts: 270
    I'm changing my answer from before. I don't care for this new layout. Search doesn't seem to work very well.
    It's a disease and they're all green, it emanates from their being...
  • Options
    steve73steve73 Posts: 58
    MMMMMMM got a problem here with the new forum and its a strange one. I have been a member on this forum for over a couple of years my user name is steve73. I tried to log in this morning to the forum but said i was using the wrong password. Then on my third or fourth time trying it has now created a new member for me using my password as the new member name yeti66 (have since changed password on my account). Anyone had a similer problem ? Have emailed 10 club so will see if they can help me :-/
  • Options
    i apologize in advange about spare tickets,i did the connection to some members,some had an extra,some other needed one,and all both infos was at pm that lost..i cant find them,so good luck now..i hope,you already connected to each other,if not,i cant help now,same if we arrange a meeting ,i cant rememebr where and with who ,cos pm are lost.
    also,i need to find if i have the facebook infos of all the people im taking their spare to see the show at euro tour..the pm are lost. here,tha nks
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    I like the comment box. But yeah, there is too much white space.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Posted on the other thread but thought maybe this is a better place for such questions:

"May have been said somewhere else but.... how can you quickly see which are the threads you have posted in when you look at the forum (eg The Porch)? Before there used to be the coloured squares with a little red square when you had contributed to a thread - what replaces that?

EDIT (within the 60 minutes allowed - I do not like this time limit!) - I just noticed - the threads you post in are shaded grey.

ANOTHER EDIT - it's not the threads you posted in that get shaded grey but those you have clicked on to read.....

So... my question still stands then... Anybody know? "
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,106
    CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW??

I like it. Well-received update in my brain. Now if I could just figure out how to use the washroom facilities around here....
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    I will get more work done. Until that day i am really bored and try to figure out what is going on here.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    . :(|) i like this guy
    Post edited by evsgjamm on
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

• Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    edited January 2014
    I like the way the forum headings or topics or whatever you call them are on the left of the screen. But I don't like the blue boxes around them with the white and black text. Looks sloppy.

I like the auto-save when you are typing a comment. That's pretty cool.

The avatars look squashed.

Looks like it is easier to edit your profile. The old board it seemed like I had to do it twice or in two separate places.
    Post edited by Flagg on
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,322
    Just great. Now I need to buy thicker reading glasses. Too damn small to read.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Im sure this has been asked, but I cant read all this mess... is there a "View your posts" button?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    Hmmmm.. how do you delete your own comments now? I don't see it.

• Options
    evsgjamm said:

Hmmmm.. how do you delete your own comments now? I don't see it.

You can't...you can only 'edit'...within 60 minutes mind you.

- Christopher McCandless