Options

New forum discussion here!

Comments

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    edited January 2014
    Kat said:

is there any way for sizes and colors?

Browsers let you use Control + (plus sign) to enlarge, Ctrl - (minus sign) to reduce the size of the font. Your browser can let you set some other display options too. I don't know about color yet.
    On Firefox, the ctrl plus and minus also jumps way too much. Either it's super big or normal/ too small. I was able to change my background colour on Firefox (settings --> settings --> content). But it changes it for every website then. That is not cool. I don't want to have to adjust my browser settings everytime I come here.

• Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

and someone better let people know whats the difference posting on their wall and sent private messages
    we can see all the flipping sales now live at the activity....

That made me go back to the Activity thing. Wow, this is gonna be interesting ... Where's the popcorn?
    We have a wall now?? wtf I'm so confused!!
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

and someone better let people know whats the difference posting on their wall and sent private messages
    we can see all the flipping sales now live at the activity....

That made me go back to the Activity thing. Wow, this is gonna be interesting ... Where's the popcorn?
    We have a wall now?? wtf I'm so confused!!
    It's turning into a FB wannabe... :eyeroll:

The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RoelandRoeland Posts: 177

Kat said:

is there any way for sizes and colors?

Browsers let you use Control + (plus sign) to enlarge, Ctrl - (minus sign) to reduce the size of the font. Your browser can let you set some other display options too. I don't know about color yet.
    On Firefox, the ctrl plus and minus also jumps way too much. Either it's super big or normal/ too small. I was able to change my background colour on Firefox (settings --> settings --> content). But it changes it for every website then. That is not cool. I don't want to have to adjust my browser settings everytime I come here.

Yeah; using the zoom function is gonna scale up the whole page in most browsers so will not really be useful to just enlarge message texts. I've made a post in the other tread on how to change the style on the 10c site only with a browser extension. You can use Stylebot for Chrome or Stylish for FF to edit the stylesheet of the page. Adding .Message{font-size:12px} will increase the size of message texts, keeping everything else the same. See http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/5420301/#Comment_5420301
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    Is there a way to change the time zone?

and I don't like it at all
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 said:

Is there a way to change the time zone?

and I don't like it at all

ok, I have no idea how, but now it's showing the correct time.

I still don't like it

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    after clicking 'discussions' why do i have to wade through 300 'announcements' threads?

seriously, make this stop. this is terrible software
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    i agree with everything norm said..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Roeland said:

Yeah; using the zoom function is gonna scale up the whole page in most browsers so will not really be useful to just enlarge message texts. I've made a post in the other tread on how to change the style on the 10c site only with a browser extension. You can use Stylebot for Chrome or Stylish for FF to edit the stylesheet of the page. Adding .Message{font-size:12px} will increase the size of message texts, keeping everything else the same. See http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/5420301/#Comment_5420301

Thank you. Unfortunately I am not a web designer and somehow quite lost working with a CSS stylesheet in a browser. I don't know where to add .Message{font-size:12px}

And man, really. It shouldn't be that hard. It all worked perfectly fine before.

• Options

And man, really. It shouldn't be that hard. It all worked perfectly fine before.

“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,938
    For those who don't like the wall there is a simple solution... Just don't use it. Ignore it. There, now there is no wall for you.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    norm said:

after clicking 'discussions' why do i have to wade through 300 'announcements' threads?

This is my one gripe. Just like last forum, one click should get you to the most recently used threads from all of the site
    severed hand thirteen
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    dah fuck?
  • Options
    it's all Greek to me. No offense Dimi...
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,330
    edited January 2014
    2 questions.... where is the block user function & how do I unhide an area I hid? Ex: I hid sections I never read... wondering how get them back if I want to read them?

edit--ok.Logging out & back in brings all hidden forums back. looks like you get 1 hour to edit a post, too. Still wondering where blocking is!
    Post edited by covered in bliss on
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,991

norm said:

This is my one gripe. Just like last forum, one click should get you to the most recently used threads from all of the site
    Not following you guys here... when i click on porch on the left, it brings me to all threads under it- most popular(last responded too) to least. Am i missing something? the top threads are like the past red sticky set in stone ones under the old system,

for now my only gripe is the background white color...
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,642
    rick1zoo2 said:

so it's like japanese for me..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,776
    edited January 2014

norm said:

Norm, when you click on Mark All Viewed at the top, do you still get 300 Announcement posts?

SRVD, have you set Notifications to tell you when something new is posted and how you want to be notified about it? Although different, these things may help in customizing.
    Post edited by Kat on
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Is there any way I can have my username back?
    Kthxbai!
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    Is it true that we only have like 40 minutes to edit our posts??
    so often ..I skim back over the next day, some of mine make me cringe!!!
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,991
    edited January 2014
    This is the best Friday ever... screw work... figuring this out is more important. :))
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options

Is it true that we only have like 40 minutes to edit our posts??
    so often ..I skim back over the next day, some of mine make me cringe!!!

pretty sure it's an hour. just edited myself & it said 57 minutes.
  • Options
    Kat said:

norm said:

Norm, when you click on Mark All Viewed at the top, do you still get 300 Announcement posts?

SRVD, have you set Notifications to tell you when something new is posted and how you want to be notified about it? Although different, these things may help in customizing.
    Yes I have. Thanks for responding!
    severed hand thirteen
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 said:

i wish was all Greek to me..its all Chinese to me..
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    edited January 2014
    Once you 'dismiss ' a thread (announcement ones), can you get them back if you want to?
    Post edited by redrock on
  • Options
    it seems like there is an option to bookmark or dismiss announcements. Wish we could do the same for everything else!
  • Options
    atleast im gertting email yahoo notifications for the pm..this was fixed to my acount..
    seems u cant delete-report post,cant foe someone..u cant edit post after an hours,(this is hard for the topics needs to update 1st post with infos..
    i hope somehow i can get back lost pms..and please the friend list at pm,,thats so important to get back..
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Dislike this new forum. I had thread on Vienna I constantly edited with new info to help those going to Vienna. That is no longer possible with the hour limit on editing. Not a fan of the bright white. I could go on.
  • Options
    Kat said:

Kat said:

lazloblue said:

Kat said:

Im sure this has been asked, but I cant read all this mess... is there a "View your posts" button?

Click on your own avatar. In the blue boxes that show up, you will see Comments - that is the old view your posts button. Discussions are threads you've started.
    Click on Participated under My Discussions, left side of page. That is now turned on.

Thanks Kat!!! this one really makes me happy!!
    That's helpful, but I also really liked the little black box you could click on that would bring you to the first unread post.

When you click on a thread, doesn't it take you to the first unread post? Try it with a thread you've been reading and someone has added a post.
    I think the issue is all the threads have been re-set as un-read. So, if even if you click on the proper place, you need to "reset" your ending point. That is, read the end of every thread. Not surprising, as I'm sure in development the last thing anyone was thinking was - how do we save everyone's place on every thread they've ever read? Folks are probably trying to go through old threads and ending up at the beginning rather than where they left off. The issue isn't functionality (that works fine) it's that everything's been re-set.
    There's a Mark All Viewed option now at the top of the page for a reset.
    Awesome!! I feel like I'm fixing this place one post at a time. :))
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.