Options

New forum discussion here!

Comments

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    edited January 2014
    I would like it if there were numbers to show how far you are in your inbox. Now it just says next. I'd love to have the possibility to browse a better in my pms, like on the old boards.

And there is too much blue and turquoise and white on here. These colours are not inviting :( Yeah, I edited to put some red on here ...
    Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    If I just start drinking, this will all start to come naturally to me.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options

I think I would either get sick or post somewhere where I never find my post again. It's not wise posting under the influence on here anymore anyway. You cannot delete or edit the next morning! Sigh ...
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    everything is way too far to the left of my screen. i can't see the first couple letters of each sentence. anyway to move everything over to the right a tad?
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,982

white thing make it impossible to read is like u woke up after a stroke and lights are on your eyes
    ...thanks for fuck up something some of us love

"...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,868
    Is it just me, but for example if I go back to a message I sent to a member, and click the OPs name to try and see if he read the message - I appear to see all other Pms that were sent to him earlier? I see one for example that Judd sent for example

Is this intentional?
  • Options

I think I would either get sick or post somewhere where I never find my post again. It's not wise posting under the influence on here anymore anyway. You cannot delete or edit the next morning! Sigh ...
    10CADP- 10 Club Against Drunk Posting...they will make you pay!
  • Options
    norm said:

but if 10c objective was to drive more people away from the forums, their doing a great job

I'm wondering if that's it.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    Kat said:

Norm, when you click on Mark All Viewed at the top, do you still get 300 Announcement posts?

yes. from all the subforums
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    edited January 2014

Is it true that we only have like 40 minutes to edit our posts??
    so often ..I skim back over the next day, some of mine make me cringe!!!

pretty sure it's an hour. just edited myself & it said 57 minutes.

My edit button might have been taken..I mean I no longer see it and it hasn't been even 30 minutes!

LOLOL just found the edit button again at only 39 minutes (i had moved my screen too far left trying to read words left off here)

99 Problems

Post edited by electronblue on
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    pdalowsky said:

Is it just me, but for example if I go back to a message I sent to a member, and click the OPs name to try and see if he read the message - I appear to see all other Pms that were sent to him earlier? I see one for example that Judd sent for example

Is this intentional?

i really dont have an answer to this..with not being able to put a tittle on a pm,now u see all the conversation with the same person.mixed...and im still pissed whit how many pm i lost..for exable,the last with you is at 2012..and we both know we talked alot at 2013..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,630
    edited January 2014

8-}
    Post edited by QuarterToTen on
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    edited January 2014
    Kat (and other relevant people!) - maybe a 'guide' of what's new and what's no longer available would be helpful. And, if no longer available - what the alternative is would certainly be useful. Not just on the posting issues but also settings, PMs, etc.

If such thing already exists, maybe a link to it? Or maybe continue with the 'A Few Forum Tips' thread?
    Post edited by redrock on
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    norm said:

Kat said:

Norm, when you click on Mark All Viewed at the top, do you still get 300 Announcement posts?

yes. from all the subforums
    so i clicked on the gear icon next to the star icon for each stickied thread and they've now gone away

still, this is terribly unreadable and the functionality is horrible
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,753
    I just read this thread (discussion??) for five minutes and I literally feel kind of dizzy and my eyes are sore. Kat, any immediate plans to make this forum more comfortable to look at? @-)

This format is NOT work friendly btw. There is no way for me to use this without it looking like I'm hanging out on some kind of fake facebook site or something. :(
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    this is the worst Tuesday ever
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    rick1zoo2 said:

:)) .... It actually wasn't THAT funny. The laughing emoticon is laughing too damn hard. It's no longer appropriate. Sigh.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

pdalowsky said:

Is this intentional?

i really dont have an answer to this..with not being able to put a tittle on a pm,now u see all the conversation with the same person.mixed...and im still pissed whit how many pm i lost..for exable,the last with you is at 2012..and we both know we talked alot at 2013..
    Seems all Pms are readable by anyone.

I did a little test. The thread from Lost Dogs about the Maui poster, there was a PM to that thread, the same OP offered up a triple coloured pj20 record too - two messages in the thread stating 'pm sent', well click that OP's user name and two Pms can be read from those same members to that OP.

• Options
    I keep on missing when I try to hit the link in the navigation on the left because only the words are linked and not the blue boxes. I guess I get confused because the colour of the box changes when I roll over with the mouse. Then I think I just have to hit the mouse button to open the link. I know there might be bigger "cosmetic" issues on here, I'm just trying to make suggestions <:-P
  • Options
    Okay... this whole thing is really horrible. MUCH worse on a computer compared to a phone, which is surprising, because it ain't good on the phone. I have to admit, I'm pretty upset. I know it's not the end of the world, but I really enjoyed this forum obviously, and now it's just uncomfortable, functions very poorly, kind of sketchy with the wall or whatever the fuck it is, I had to turn off notifications, which I really relied on to be able to keep up with threads I'm participating in.... the 10C member facebook groups are now WAY better than this forum. What a huge shame. This is going to drive people away from the boards in droves. Well, it was fun while it lasted. =((
  • Options
    pdalowsky said:

pdalowsky said:

Is this intentional?

I did a little test. The thread from Lost Dogs about the Maui poster, there was a PM to that thread, the same OP offered up a triple coloured pj20 record too - two messages in the thread stating 'pm sent', well click that OP's user name and two Pms can be read from those same members to that OP.

Are you sure those are PMs??
  • Options
    This forum has 'borrowed' heavily from facebook. Agree on the preferred facebook point Soul.
  • Options

This forum has 'borrowed' heavily from facebook. Agree on the preferred facebook point Soul.

And I don't even really like FB.
    I have seen a lot of message boards, and this one is by FAR the worst I've ever encountered, while the one it replaced was actually pretty good, barring a few things like limited image size. I am completely confused as to why they changed it to THIS mess.

>:P
  • Options
    lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738
    Just want to say THANK YOU to Kat for sticking in here with all the negative Nancey's and helping us figure out the new stuff.

Perhaps a few cosmetic changes will help in the future. And for God's Sake get Demi back his PM's.
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 said:

no shit
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

pdalowsky said:

pdalowsky said:

Is this intentional?

I don't see them anywhere else posted so I presumed they must be,
  • Options
    pdalowsky said:

PJ_Soul said:

pdalowsky said:

pdalowsky said:

Is this intentional?

I think these are the messages that people exchanged on their respective walls, not knowing that the INBOX is the place to send a pm.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    lazloblue said:

Just want to say THANK YOU to Kat for sticking in here with all the negative Nancey's and helping us figure out the new stuff.

Perhaps a few cosmetic changes will help in the future. And for God's Sake get Demi back his PM's.

Or else we're never going to hear the end of it!!! ;)

Just changing the blue, the white not so bright and uncluttering the Home page would make a huge cosmetic difference.
  • Options

pdalowsky said:

PJ_Soul said:

pdalowsky said:

pdalowsky said:

Is this intentional?

I think these are the messages that people exchanged on their respective walls, not knowing that the INBOX is the place to send a pm.

Bingo - thanks
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Okay... this whole thing is really horrible. MUCH worse on a computer compared to a phone, which is surprising, because it ain't good on the phone. I have to admit, I'm pretty upset. I know it's not the end of the world, but I really enjoyed this forum obviously, and now it's just uncomfortable, functions very poorly, kind of sketchy with the wall or whatever the fuck it is, I had to turn off notifications, which I really relied on to be able to keep up with threads I'm participating in.... the 10C member facebook groups are now WAY better than this forum. What a huge shame. This is going to drive people away from the boards in droves. Well, it was fun while it lasted. =((

true..its so worse at the computer..and really..we are talking almost a 100% dislike feedback here from people post already..that must say something..cos people post are the ones comes here daily..seriously..we love this place..dont fuck it up and make it so hard to be to it..
    not to mention the pms..biggest shit ever happened there..