New forum discussion here!

Comments

• KatKat Posts: 4,832
    Keep an eye on this space. Just updated about the Activity option and clicking on someone's name.

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/228375/a-few-forum-tips?new=1
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,165
    Ok glad to here
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • pdalowsky said:

pdalowsky said:

Is it just me, but for example if I go back to a message I sent to a member, and click the OPs name to try and see if he read the message - I appear to see all other Pms that were sent to him earlier? I see one for example that Judd sent for example

Is this intentional?

i really dont have an answer to this..with not being able to put a tittle on a pm,now u see all the conversation with the same person.mixed...and im still pissed whit how many pm i lost..for exable,the last with you is at 2012..and we both know we talked alot at 2013..
    Seems all Pms are readable by anyone.

I did a little test. The thread from Lost Dogs about the Maui poster, there was a PM to that thread, the same OP offered up a triple coloured pj20 record too - two messages in the thread stating 'pm sent', well click that OP's user name and two Pms can be read from those same members to that OP.

i clik to the person -memebr i want to pm..out of the threrad..and i clik message on the right up
    yeah,i know,u cant put a tittle,u mixed with the previous pm with that member..its bad.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    ^ Good to know.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,043
    Kat said:

Keep an eye on this space. Just updated about the Activity option and clicking on someone's name.

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/228375/a-few-forum-tips?new=1

excellent - that all makes perfect sense now
  • KC48939KC48939 Posts: 46
    It'll take a bit of getting used to, but I like this new board. I don't like the profile picture it supplied me with, though. I guess this will finally force me to pick one out myself.
  • lazloblue said:

And for God's Sake get Demi back his PM's.

true,cos if u was one of all those people i connect to eachother for get Amsterdam 2 ticket,while the show even isnt announced here,and its sold out.,aand all those those infos was in those pm i lost,,you wouldbnt be happy right now..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • anyway,thanks Kat for be here indeed,she trying to help all with this mess..no one would like to be in her shoes right now..
    and sorry for my behavior..it just sucks to lost things you care about
  • viewing on my laptop for the first time. I love the layout, but wish the color scheme were different or the ability to customize it.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    edited January 2014
    I'm struggling with the layout in general:
    1) Blue on white is really hard to read
    2) The arrangement on posts make it seem very busy, avatar is in the way where before it was off to the side and did not interfere with the body of the post, and can't tell what's part of the signature versus the actual post
    3) Font seems really tiny but that might be my settings?

On the plus side, I noticed you can now add more than one person to PMs?

Sorry, others have probably mentioned all this already, but I can't go back and read everything since I'm struggling so much with the layout!
  • I'm getting a headache from all this white space. I don't post very often,but I visit here almost every day.
    I understand the need for changes, but this just seems too drastic.
    1st show-1995 Soldier Field
    10th show-2005 Thunder Bay,ON
    40th show-2012 Berlin II
    50th show-2014 Amsterdam II
    57th show-Moline,IL
    58th show-Mexico City
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352

viewing on my laptop for the first time. I love the layout, but wish the color scheme were different or the ability to customize it.

Yeah, the colours are the one thing I like least. It would be cool if we could modify our own.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,887
    edited January 2014

anyway,thanks Kat for be here indeed,she trying to help all with this mess..no one would like to be in her shoes right now..
    and sorry for my behavior..it just sucks to lost things you care about

Well I don't think anyone (in their right mind) is blaming Kat - I feel bad for her, having to deal with all this, so yes, thank you Kat..... So who should we blame? ;) Dimitris, I think you have every right to be upset given the consequences of having lost so much info in the PMs. I think the best thing 10C could do is revert back to the old format. I don't think this one is redeemable, even with tweaks.
    Please please at least fix the email notifications so that they work like they used to!

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Suziemay said:

?

Sorry, others have probably mentioned all this already, but I can't go back and read everything since I'm struggling so much with the layout!

just checking how to put a foto!!
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279
    This is chaos!
    Chaos I tells ya'!
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316
    Sorry if this questions has already been asked and answered:

Where can I find my sent PMs? What about my Outbox?
  • PJ-Cubs said:

In the left menu, under your name, next to your avatar. The icon that is a letter

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316

PJ-Cubs said:

In the left menu, under your name, next to your avatar. The icon that is a letter

I can only see an "Inbox"

So my sent messages are mixed in with my Inbox?
  • How do you delete a post? And how do you edit a poll OP so results are public?
  • this layout is horrible.
  • PJ-Cubs said:

PJ-Cubs said:

Oh, sorry. yeah, thats fucked up. Only see an inbox too...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Test... this is how I feel.......

PJ-Cubs said:

PJ-Cubs said:

Oh, sorry. yeah, thats fucked up. Only see an inbox too...
    Yeah, no way to see if anyone has read your PM to them, no way to look at just your sent messages.... it pretty much blows. I PMd with someone last night and had to scroll through 35 previous messages that we'd exchanged to get to the new one. Can the PMs at least go in descending order rather than ascending??
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • So I finally have an avatar and can embed pics... SWEET!image
    What a Long Strange Trip It's Been!
  • aurynsdadaurynsdad Posts: 863
    Does the search feature work at all? Whenever I put anything in there, it returns nothing.
    10/31/93 Berkeley (Baba!) • 10/1/94 Bridge School • 9/16/96 Seattle (In My Tree!) • 10/19/96 & 10/20/96 B. School (Alt Corduroy & Alt Porch!) • 10/25/03 B. School • 6/1/03 Mtnview (Crazy Mary! You Are!) • 11/29/13 Portland (All Those Yesterdays! Even Flow!) • 10/25/14 Bridge School (Rain! Fuckin Up! TOTD!) • 5/13/22 Oakland (had to leave early, but W.M.A.! Immortality!) • 5/13/24 Sacramento (Light Years! Picture in a Frame!) • 5/25/24 Bottle Rock (Last Kiss! Maybe It’s Time w/Bradley Cooper!)
    I will mention a couple of positives amid ALL the negatives (not to be mistaken for feeling okay about this forum):

I like that we can choose to see up to 5 stacked quotes now - I found only 3 limiting (can't remember now how I chose how many quotes I want to see; just stumbled upon it).

It does work better on a phone in that it doesn't freeze up, it's way easier to post, and the text is fitted to the screen better within threads (the text is all so tiny though, it makes doing anything other than posting hard, like changing settings, etc).

And obviously not being so limited with image sizes and being able to embed video is okay.

....... That's it. Those are the only positive things about the new forum IMO. What has been lost by far outweighs them, unfortunately.

• aurynsdad said:

Does the search feature work at all? Whenever I put anything in there, it returns nothing.

Same here

• aurynsdadaurynsdad Posts: 863
    Is there an easy way to make the thread messages text bigger? Do I have to use my browser features for that? This text is TINY!
    10/31/93 Berkeley (Baba!) • 10/1/94 Bridge School • 9/16/96 Seattle (In My Tree!) • 10/19/96 & 10/20/96 B. School (Alt Corduroy & Alt Porch!) • 10/25/03 B. School • 6/1/03 Mtnview (Crazy Mary! You Are!) • 11/29/13 Portland (All Those Yesterdays! Even Flow!) • 10/25/14 Bridge School (Rain! Fuckin Up! TOTD!) • 5/13/22 Oakland (had to leave early, but W.M.A.! Immortality!) • 5/13/24 Sacramento (Light Years! Picture in a Frame!) • 5/25/24 Bottle Rock (Last Kiss! Maybe It’s Time w/Bradley Cooper!)
  • aurynsdad said:

Same here

I will say, the ability to post larger pics/gifs is fantastic. No longer limits my nonsense.