Options

New forum discussion here!

Comments

• Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,391
    mrk2 said:

where's the button to get to the latest unread message of a given thread... it used to be there, right?

Under "Most recent" will be a user name. Under that is a time. Click the time.
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,028
    Hobbes said:

mrk2 said:

where's the button to get to the latest unread message of a given thread... it used to be there, right?

Under "Most recent" will be a user name. Under that is a time. Click the time.
    Doesnt that take me to the last post in the thread, not the last one I haven't read?
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,028
    edited January 2014
    ...nevermind, that seems to be the feature i was looking for after all... thanks :)
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    StinkfootStinkfoot Posts: 546
    PJ_Soul said:

Assuming 10c is looking for feedback, here are my problems:

Why only an hour to edit?? That's going to mess up some threads where updates in the OP are required - there are a lot of those.

This new forum is giving me a headache. It's SO hard on the eyes! And I am sad about all the good smilies being gone. :(

Also, the avatars are tiny. It's really hard to tell who's who. It's going to be hard to scroll through a page to find a particular person's post.

Why is the number of posts people have so prominent? That's kind of weird, and doesn't look very nice. It's bolder than the person's name!

I am finding it impossible to really explore because this is hard to use on my phone and i don't have a computer at home.

Is there a way to limit number of posts per page? If the lack of separation between posts remains, there are way too many posts per page to scroll through without going cross-eyed.

I love that we can embed videos though (not yet sure if i can on a phone or not...). I'm sure there would be other things i could say i liked if any of the extra features were big enough on my phone's screen to read.

If you make this all MUCH easier to look at it could be good. Right now, no. It's unpleasant.

Yup. All this.
    "I get into a state of consciousness that I can't explain. It is about feeling and not thinking. I get positive chills and insight into things that I can't get to any other way. It is Healing of the Soul." - Mike McCready
  • Options
    Noel BNoel B Posts: 73
    PJ_Soul said:

And it looks like I am getting email notifications of new posts every single time someone posts in a subscribed thread. Oh god, that stinks. Just today i was saying how getting a notification with each new post instead of just one until you visit the thread again is a horrible Facebook feature, and now this forum is doing it too. Please fix that. You can fix that yourself matey. Just have a play round on the new site and you will work it out.

Newcastle 19 11 2006 Sydney 22 11 2009 Eddie Vedder March 16 2011 Civic Theatre Newcastle Australia Eddie Vedder Perth 2011x2. I will stare the sundown until my eyes go blind, hey I wont change direction and I wont change my mind.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,682
    edited January 2014
    Noel B, I already checked out the notifications options area, and you can turn them off, but there is no option to get just one notification until you visit the thread again... if you found a way to do that, please enlighten us!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    oh christ.........................
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,355
    so,u can edit for 1 hour only,and u cant delete your post??
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Noel BNoel B Posts: 73
    PJ_Soul said:

Noel B, I already checked out the notifications options area, and you can turn them off, but there is no option to get just one notification until you visit the thread again... if you found a way to do that, please enlighten us!

Sorry mate I cant help you there.

Newcastle 19 11 2006 Sydney 22 11 2009 Eddie Vedder March 16 2011 Civic Theatre Newcastle Australia Eddie Vedder Perth 2011x2. I will stare the sundown until my eyes go blind, hey I wont change direction and I wont change my mind.
  • Options
    breakmarysfallbreakmarysfall Posts: 366
    edited January 2014
    I guess it is the 3rd change of the forum I experience over the many years I am around... and as always it is difficult to get used to it... however, this time it seems even stranger because it is all so similar to Facebook...
    I liked one comment here: "if we want to be at FB we directly go there",

to me, however, the TC forum was always unique and one of a kind but now it seems it is all a copy...

hope there will be done some improvement... I miss the old style... but I trust Ten Club... it will be o.k., sooner or later :)

Post edited by breakmarysfall on
    there is no way to peace, peace is the way!
    ...the world is come undone, I like to change it everyday but change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,959
    It's very white isn't it...and having categories down the side means the text is very small. Not feeling the Cornflower blue either (lol designed by Fight Club)...
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    AtPeacewithMyLustAtPeacewithMyLust Louisville,KY to Toronto Posts: 125
    Wow. Not a fan of this new format at all. #-o everything is too tiny and too white.
    1st show-1995 Soldier Field
    10th show-2005 Thunder Bay,ON
    40th show-2012 Berlin II
    50th show-2014 Amsterdam II
    57th show-Moline,IL
    58th show-Mexico City
  • Options
    Forum Account = Page Not Found...

:(|)
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,740
    Give it time people, it'll take a while to adjust to, but im sure in weeks we'll all be cool with this.

change can be good.

Its pretty good to know that the tenclub are constantly working on improving the experience for us all in these parts, and not just letting things go. It would be easier for them to do nothing and stay stagnant.
  • Options
    PennyBPennyB Posts: 26
    The text appears to be rather small. I might need to buy new reading glasses.
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    NHiding said:
    +1!! It is very white! >:-(
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    AafkeAafke Posts: 1,219
    Change, can surely be good, but I'm not shore that's the case right here. There are some approvals. Like an Avatar that's finally running. But there are also a lot of problems.

Here are my problems:
    1. Background is much to white. Giving me an headache.
    2. Not enough difference between the signature and the post.
    3. Where are the birthdays?
    4. While posting pictures you see part of the description in text of that picture in your post.
    5. I miss the ability to see only a list of the forums you have posted on.
    6. Just 1 hour to edit your posts

I hope these problems will be taken care off.
    Waves_zps6b028461.jpg
    "The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed".- Carl Jung.
    "Art does not reproduce what we see; rather, it makes us see."- Paul Klee
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    :-&
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    Fucking limit signatures and make them different from the posts.

Their is no sensible reason for letting people have huge pictures (and several of them) and several rows of text. The signatures take up more space per side than the actual post!

This isn't 1999. Limit peoples signatures to ONE LINE of text or a severe limit on picture size. Please.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,533
    this is going to take sometime to get use to things
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Just turn the signature feature off...has improved things a bit.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    Spags said:

Just turn the signature feature off...has improved things a bit.

Oh, thanks! :) Peoples bad taste doesn't affect me as much anymore :P

Great, easier to read now!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    anyone found out why some people couldn't log in using their normal usernames? i was logged in to the main site, but couldn't get into the forum til i just told it to register this name.

WHYYYYYYYYYYY?
  • Options
    Sorry but time won't change the fact that this white background is blinding and awful. Did 10 club even test this on a group?
    I assume not considering any decent focus group would of immediately pointed this out. Sorry 10 club but the white is an Epic fail.
    I shit and I stink, I'm real, join the club.
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    I see that we can "dismiss" the stickies.... can this feature be added to regular threads?
  • Options
    I actually have an avatar!

Can we change the font on this?

What is "simple Html"?
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,943
    edited January 2014
    This design takes the worst elements of both blogs and forums and combines them to create one unprofessional messs. Text in the comments section goes right on top of a picture of a smiley, for example. White backgrounds, as noted, are horrendously bad ideas for a website for strictly reading. The plain text, while modern, looks stark, uninspired, and unfinished. User information is gone from posts. Display pictures are tiny to the point of not worth keeping there at all. No 'Reply' overlays beside each post make it annoying to post a replay, as on long threads, one has to scroll to the very bottom to post. Numbers of posts next to each category have horrible spacing between numbers, to the point of illegibility. Nice job with auto-save on drafts, but I'm unimpressed with the rest. Who ever designed this seriously should've contacted a core group of heavy users on this site for beta testing before going live, as this reads very much as a beta release.

Edit: Actually, the text spacing and font are horrible in every single way. For a website about reading, did no one think to check whether they could read the things people are posting easily, in comparison to the old website?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    I was scared there for an instant when I saw all your signatures. My no-sig preference didn't carry over. Thankfully I was able to quickly find the toggle.

Like everything in life, I'm resistant to change, but I'll accept it. Would love a dark theme though. This is too bright for early-morning browsing.

• Options
    wingendwingend Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 54
    My only complaints are with the format. The text is too small and it runs right into people's footers, so it's hard to distinguish between the two as you scroll. I think the message board post should either be bolded or in a bigger font and then the footers can be as they currently are now. The whole thing just seems basic and too simplistic looking. I also enjoy the irony of my first post with a bastardized Mr. Yuck sticker as my avatar (God knows where that came from) being one in which I complain about something.
    Pittsburgh - 09/05
    Cleveland - 05/10
    Pittsburgh - 10/13
    Brooklyn - 10/13
    MSG- 5/16
    Wrigley - 8/18