Options

New forum discussion here!

1515253545557»

Comments

• Options

I had this a couple of times ...

At first when I got that message I thought it was a subliminal message about my post as I was typing. I guess not.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,559
    edited March 2014
    rollings said:

Plus, it's not even how it "looks" but how it "feels".

the missing features. LIke, you can't even search through one's own posts anymore, or search a specific forum, or alter your search in any way. NO. there's one big fucking search feature, and NO you can't tweak it.

It's a bare-bone forum with only so many options. No amount of color or print is going to change that. If they change to another format host, then they have a chance.

And what they mean by a "design team", is that somebody is going to finally read the instructions one Saturday.........soon.

And don't mistake my bitching for being negative, (not that any one is)....my bitching is true..

Fair enough. I personally don't miss any features, but understand if others do. Just hoping they manage to make the thing appealing to the eye like the scripts are. But if the vanilla forums won't allow it theybwon't allow it, and we'll just have to wait until someone down at 10c HQ faces the fact that their choice of platforms was incredibly misguided and embarrassing to their business and get something professional going.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I just wish that someone would explain how those tags work. It takes a lot of space on the forum page and I still say that most of us don't know or care about the tags.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,491
    PJ_Soul said:

From the today's newsletter:

"We've heard your feedback on the new forums and we appreciate it. We've been working out the kinks on the nuts and bolts of the forums. Now we're ready to dive into the look and feel. Ten Club is currently working with a design team to help make the forums visually more user friendly. We'll make every effort to make the best forums for the best fans."

Sweet. :) Thank you 10C for the long awaited update.

I'll believe it when I fucking see it. Until then, it seems like lip service. Hope I'm wrong.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive said:

PJ_Soul said:

"We've heard your feedback on the new forums and we appreciate it. We've been working out the kinks on the nuts and bolts of the forums. Now we're ready to dive into the look and feel. Ten Club is currently working with a design team to help make the forums visually more user friendly. We'll make every effort to make the best forums for the best fans."

I'll believe it when I fucking see it. Until then, it seems like lip service. Hope I'm wrong.
    So do I! :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

imalive said:

PJ_Soul said:

Has 10c ever proved you wrong?
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,759
    36 hours to change it; 73 days and counting to fix it.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    edited March 2014
    With the amount of Comments here against the New Look site I'm surprised they Haven't Changed it already.
    Post edited by i_lov_it on
  • Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235

It took a lot longer then 36 hours to do the full conversion, they were working on it before hand. The launch took only 36 hours which is what we saw. Things such as color changes, font changes etc wouldn't take long to fix and I am surprised they haven't yet. I don't know what it'll look like after they are done but given the amount of time they are taking to change some of our suggestions it should be the greatest forum in the world.

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    oysterjar said:

It took a lot longer then 36 hours to do the full conversion, they were working on it before hand. The launch took only 36 hours which is what we saw. Things such as color changes, font changes etc wouldn't take long to fix and I am surprised they haven't yet. I don't know what it'll look like after they are done but given the amount of time they are taking to change some of our suggestions it should be the greatest forum in the world.
    Well that's Right...Hopefully the last couple of Months they've been Working on a New BETTER look site then they can just do the Change over...or Just go back to the Old Look :)

• Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    so when people are banned, are they just banned from using the forum or are they kicked out of the fan club too? /:)
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    Not a bump. I just think this thread is hilarious.

We need more input.

http://i.imgur.com/uUe7x4g.gif
    Jason P said:

This is how I feel the new forum was presented.

That about sums it up.

Now the bigger question ... how the hell did they get KITT back out of the apartment?
    I love this thread.

Come on 10c post away!
  • Options

so when people are banned, are they just banned from using the forum or are they kicked out of the fan club too? /:)

Just banned from the forum unless they are caught scalping 10C tix - I think they're kicked out of the club then.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I've finally figured out what my problem is with the format. It's not the colors or the tiny type. Both of those things are tolerable to me. My issue is the actual formatting. It looks cluttered, messy, poorly structured. It's hard to read. Now, try not to be Jealous of my mad MS Paint skillz, but I did this up real quick to explain what I mean since I suck as doing that. It took me a while to realize why I was having a hard time reading the forum, but now I realize it's the formatting that is just messing with my OCD brain. The ""tags" on the side are not even that big a deal, what bothers me is the numbers on it. The numbers everywhere drive me nuts cuz I don't really think they are accurate, but they contribute to a feeling of anxiety or just generally overwhelming when you look at a thread and it's got "567 new" next to it. The spacing on the columns is weird too. The "replies" and "views" have the same amount of space as the "started by" or "most recent" which is weird cuz it's ever going to have more than 6-7 characters in width, whereas usernames are usually longer than that. So the result is a huge ass font for the numbers to make it look like it's taking up more space but it still results in a large gap between the columns, even though there is often not even character space in the 'started by' or 'most recent' column so the names are cut off and ...-ed. It just makes it look weird! I can't explain it articulately. But the font size differences there, and in the "headings" contribute to this messy,cluttered feeling.

Sorry for the super long comment but I've put some thought into this in order to explain it in a way that kind of makes sense.

Oh. The whole forced avatar thing is kind of not cool. And my kind of I mean SERIOUSLY. I'm not going to go looking around for pictures of a certain size that I want to represent me on a forum (this is not something that i do. I dunno why I just think it's weird.) so instead I have to get stuck with some weird neon thing they came up with? Not even a stickman or lightening bolt? just weird.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    edited May 2014
    Hey Kat,

I was wondering if I could make a suggestion.

Can there be a function created where you can "ignore" a topic? I use the "Recent Discussions" search option every time I come on the site as that's how I read recent topics throughout the forum. There are certain threads I'd like to ignore though and not see them every time I log in (filter them out). Kind of like how you can dismiss an announcement, but not have it pop back up to the top every time there's a new post. I'm not saying they're bad threads, or I'm offended by them, I just would like to ignore some stuff that doesn't interest me.

Thanks for reading this.
    -DMW
    Post edited by Dead Man Walking on
  • Options
    lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738
    ldent42 said:

I've finally figured out what my problem is with the format. It's not the colors or the tiny type. Both of those things are tolerable to me. My issue is the actual formatting. It looks cluttered, messy, poorly structured. It's hard to read. Now, try not to be Jealous of my mad MS Paint skillz, but I did this up real quick to explain what I mean since I suck as doing that. It took me a while to realize why I was having a hard time reading the forum, but now I realize it's the formatting that is just messing with my OCD brain. The ""tags" on the side are not even that big a deal, what bothers me is the numbers on it. The numbers everywhere drive me nuts cuz I don't really think they are accurate, but they contribute to a feeling of anxiety or just generally overwhelming when you look at a thread and it's got "567 new" next to it. The spacing on the columns is weird too. The "replies" and "views" have the same amount of space as the "started by" or "most recent" which is weird cuz it's ever going to have more than 6-7 characters in width, whereas usernames are usually longer than that. So the result is a huge ass font for the numbers to make it look like it's taking up more space but it still results in a large gap between the columns, even though there is often not even character space in the 'started by' or 'most recent' column so the names are cut off and ...-ed. It just makes it look weird! I can't explain it articulately. But the font size differences there, and in the "headings" contribute to this messy,cluttered feeling.

Sorry for the super long comment but I've put some thought into this in order to explain it in a way that kind of makes sense.

Oh. The whole forced avatar thing is kind of not cool. And my kind of I mean SERIOUSLY. I'm not going to go looking around for pictures of a certain size that I want to represent me on a forum (this is not something that i do. I dunno why I just think it's weird.) so instead I have to get stuck with some weird neon thing they came up with? Not even a stickman or lightening bolt? just weird.

You could try just putting up an image that is white. then you wont have an avatar at all.

Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281

Hey Kat,

I was wondering if I could make a suggestion.

Can there be a function created where you can "ignore" a topic? I use the "Recent Discussions" search option every time I come on the site as that's how I read recent topics throughout the forum. There are certain threads I'd like to ignore though and not see them every time I log in (filter them out). Kind of like how you can dismiss an announcement, but not have it pop back up to the top every time there's a new post. I'm not saying they're bad threads, or I'm offended by them, I just would like to ignore some stuff that doesn't interest me.

Thanks for reading this.
    -DMW

+1. Great idea. Would definitely result in less time spent scrolling thru some of the nonsense boring stuff...I.e. Threads like "what do you think about Ed's haircut?"... I don't give a shit, he can shave it bald as long as he can still sing like that!!
    Please do this for us. Thanks.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Hey all. Just wondering if they've done anything to the way after the new forum you get an e-mail notifying you of every new post on a thread you've posted in vs just one? I know you can turn the notifications off, which is what I've done but as they have made some changes recently wondering if anyone can confirm if they've changed that? I could juts turn notifications back on of course & see what happens but I thought someone might know.

If they haven't done it, Kat, can you please pass on this is at least one request to have it how it used to be where you would get one e-mail notifying you when there have been new posts on a thread you've contributed to vs an e-mail with every new post there. Thanks. :)

Anyone else support this request? I'm mostly using 'recent discussions' now but I know I'm missing threads I have contributed to that way.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    morello said:

Hey all. Just wondering if they've done anything to the way after the new forum you get an e-mail notifying you of every new post on a thread you've posted in vs just one? I know you can turn the notifications off, which is what I've done but as they have made some changes recently wondering if anyone can confirm if they've changed that? I could juts turn notifications back on of course & see what happens but I thought someone might know.

If they haven't done it, Kat, can you please pass on this is at least one request to have it how it used to be where you would get one e-mail notifying you when there have been new posts on a thread you've contributed to vs an e-mail with every new post there. Thanks. :)

Anyone else support this request? I'm mostly using 'recent discussions' now but I know I'm missing threads I have contributed to that way.

No, they haven't changed that, and it's still driving me crazy. What a stupid system for email notifications. It should be how it used to be - one notification until you visit the thread again. I really really really miss that. This is my biggest complaint about the new forum. Not only that, but there now seems to be no way of unscribing to a thread for which you no longer want to get notifications. Only way to do it as far as I can tell now is to create a filter for the thread topic phrase in your email and have it redirected to your junk or trash folder. Really annoying.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    Remember when all we had to complain about was this?  Good times.