Options

New forum discussion here!

Comments

• Options

How do I post comments?

:)) if i work it out i ll let you know
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,334
    I think the old site was easier to read. This all white is very hard. I thought the colour sceme of the old board was much easier to read. When you look at the page outlining which forums there are it loks like a big mess. It's hard reading the threads too..

Maybe it would nice if the site was more customizable (different skins and layouts) to make it easier to read.
  • Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    was thinking change would mean improvement... but this is craptastic
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    The white is very bright and hard I agree. The old was comfortable. But this new forum opens it to all.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,682
    edited January 2014
    Assuming 10c is looking for feedback, here are my problems:

Why only an hour to edit?? That's going to mess up some threads where updates in the OP are required - there are a lot of those.

This new forum is giving me a headache. It's SO hard on the eyes! And I am sad about all the good smilies being gone. :(

Also, the avatars are tiny. It's really hard to tell who's who. It's going to be hard to scroll through a page to find a particular person's post.

Why is the number of posts people have so prominent? That's kind of weird, and doesn't look very nice. It's bolder than the person's name!

I am finding it impossible to really explore because this is hard to use on my phone and i don't have a computer at home.

Is there a way to limit number of posts per page? If the lack of separation between posts remains, there are way too many posts per page to scroll through without going cross-eyed.

I love that we can embed videos though (not yet sure if i can on a phone or not...). I'm sure there would be other things i could say i liked if any of the extra features were big enough on my phone's screen to read.

If you make this all MUCH easier to look at it could be good. Right now, no. It's unpleasant.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    GB45499GB45499 Posts: 232
    I don't always wear my sunglasses while sitting at the computer, but when I do...I'm reading the PJ forums. Mercy.

Oh and the 'connect' to social media (facebook and twitter) is not working...yet.
  • Options
    This new site comes on like a stone but you don't know where from it was thrown like a burnin fans want some change
    and whatever you replied Kat took as yes
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210

This new site comes on like a stone but you don't know where from it was thrown like a burnin fans want some change
    and whatever you replied Kat took as yes

You ok there my man?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    lastchild11lastchild11 Posts: 1,284
    Is this it or just a temporary until new one is completely ready?
    Dallas TX 10/17/00
    Oklahoma City 4/3/03
    Dallas TX 6/9/03
    Memphis TN 6/20/09 (Eddie)
    Kansas City MO 4/3/10
    Little Rock AR 8/28/10 (Eddie, WM3 rally)
    St Louis MO 7/1/11 (Eddie)
    Dallas TX 11/15/12 (Eddie)
    Tulsa OK 11/18/12 (Eddie)
    Tulsa OK 11/19/12 (Eddie)
    Dallas TX 11/15/13
    Oklahoma City 11/16/13
    Tulsa OK 10/8/14
    St Louis MO 9/18/22
    Oklahoma City 9/20/22
    Ft Worth TX 9/13/23
    Ft Worth TX 9/15/23

• Options
    Ezo5000Ezo5000 Posts: 155
    I really hope there are more changes to come. This blows. I haven't tried on my PC. Maybe it's better??
  • Options
    And it looks like I am getting email notifications of new posts every single time someone posts in a subscribed thread. Oh god, that stinks. Just today i was saying how getting a notification with each new post instead of just one until you visit the thread again is a horrible Facebook feature, and now this forum is doing it too. Please fix that!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    10c please don't stop
    the only thread we need is 10c
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Vanilla forums?
    Post edited by Out of My Mind and Time on
  • Options
    Vanilla forums? 10C using 3rd party tools?
    ?
    Please explain
  • Options
    Acesn8sAcesn8s Posts: 186
    Going to take some getting used to, but after reading the 5 pages leading up to this I must say, the white background is hard on the eyes.
    Indio, CA 11-05-93
    Universal City, CA 09-30-09
    Los Angeles, CA 11-23-13
    Los Angeles, CA 11-24-13
  • Options
    The white background could be dialed down a little.
    Just an honest paid response.
  • Options
    ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,095
    Very hard to read. Tough to pick out the actual posts from the ridic long signatures. Please go back, or go to something better.
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    Kat said:

Please stand by…for a change in our forums!

The new Pearl Jam forums will have new features we think you'll love.

what was so wrong about the old board that such a drastic change happened anyway?

Also, besides being able to embed a video, please, what other features are there that you think we will love?

• Options
    edited January 2014
    I also notice there is nowhere for us to note our ages/birthdays. So that very nice feature of being able to wish other members a happy birthday is no more. That sucks.
  • Options
    Wishing happy birthday to other members is still available. Just post it.
  • Options

Wishing happy birthday to other members is still available. Just post it.

How are we supposed to know that it's their birthday??
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    edited January 2014
    + The good...
    Being able to post larger photos and embed videos is great.

-The bad...
    The colour scheme makes it very uncomfortable to read. The white background is too bright and the blue used for the usernames is too bright.
    There isn't enough distinction between a user's post and signature.
    Avatars are too small and the images look a bit distorted.
    The leave a comment section is too small...perhaps you could have that option as a quick reply and then have the option to go to a full size page to leave a comment (apologies if this is already an option, couldn't see it).
    Post edited by -Emma- on
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,355
    the worst part is the private messages
    if u are the one sent the last private message you see your avatar fotot and its hard to read and search which pm u want and where is our friend list ??you could see the one u want and pm him...now is gone and cant find shit..also,cant see if your pm is readed..
    where is the birthdays??
    and why only an hour to edit??so bye bye setlist threads..sure will be nightmare for threads like Secret Santa..
    oh,very cool to see 500 members activity that they change avatar foto.. yeah right...if we want facebook we know where to go,
    really,who had the idea and when saw this said,wow!!lets do it..looks perfect...
    you wanted changes??cool,im all in for it..stop senting us email shipping coinfirmations that our orders shipped while the item is in still in production ..that would be cool for a change
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    having to change my screen to 179% is something I don't love at all

not being able to edit a comment after only 60 minutes is absolute crap

I must be seeing things that I can only delete one PM at a time.....and that's after after two or three clicks.
    also couldn't be true that PMs can only be navigated one single solitary page at a time....

so, posts are now comments
    threads are now discussions
    forums are now categories
    and Pearl Jam is now Asia
    no...Toto

got it
    Post edited by rollings on
  • Options
    mtxmtx Posts: 283
    I've read on Amnesty International that Boston Lou will be freed when forum changes :ar!
    Wuhlheide 2006, 2009, 2010,2014; Chorzów 2007; Hyde Park 2010; Open'er 2010;
    Alpine 1&2;
    2012 Amsterdam 1&2, Prague, Berlin 1&2, Copenhagen;
    2013 Wrigley EarthCam / Ice cold water $1
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Yes, Dimitris is right, the PM area is also terrible now. It is going to be really hard to keep track of what's going on with those, and it is important to know if someone has read a PM.

Getting an individual email or pop up every time someone posts a comment in a discussion is completely ridiculous. Everyone is just going to end up turning off all notifications because getting 100 emails a day or more is going to drive them nuts, and no one will be able to properly follow the threads they're participating in.

I just don't get it. Why would 10c make their forum way worse in so many ways? To what end? Are you trying drive people off of the boards? I know someone over there is going to suggest that people just don't handle change well, but that isn't the problem here. This forum is pretty much a joke suddenly, sorry. New people are going to come on and think "wtf is this crap??
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    There is no search feature. in threads or forums anymore. ....besides those names now going obsolete.

I am really really REALLY interested in hearing about ANY feature that we will just LOVE.

and no, being notified when somebody "mentions you" is NOT one of them..

I thought this was supposed to be an all ages forum. So why the shift to a elementary school age forum?

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,355
    its really upseting the fuckin friend list gone from pm..how the fuck to find someone if u dont rememebr exactly how is written his username?and sure we cant add infos at OP message sucks after an hour,especially threads needs inos at 1 st post..lke roll call,like euro tour thread etc..wtf indeed
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,028
    where's the button to get to the latest unread message of a given thread... it used to be there, right?

225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    There is a search feature... it doesn't work though. \:D/