Options

New forum discussion here!

Comments

• Options
    This is going to take some getting used to.
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788

This is going to take some getting used to.

You've got the right pants for it though.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    looloolooloolooloo Posts: 378
    Blergh. Still sucks. Not installing scripts. I guess I could copy and paste into a word document and change font sizes and lines and breaks and colors and blergh. just blergh.
    This has been a very helpful post, you are welcome.
    "Sun sets on this ocean- never once on my devotion."

"If I had this guy's voice, you could all kiss my ass."
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    I'm kind of wondering if 'Admin' are even taking notice of this Thread?
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    edited January 2014

deleting one pm at a time is good? a lot of folks quit pming altogether. i worked on deleting pms the other night & i was two hrs straight into it & hardly got anywhere with the deleting game. that is crap
    Post edited by chadwick on
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,680
    chadwick said:

deleting one pm at a time is good? a lot of folks quit pming altogether. i worked on deleting pms the other night & i was two hrs straight into it & hardly got anywhere with the deleting game. that is crap

:-/ As far as I can tell, what you're saying is how the PMs used to work, and now they are the exact opposite - you can delete an entire group of PMs between you and another person all at once....
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    PJ_Soul said:

chadwick said:

:-/ As far as I can tell, what you're saying is how the PMs used to work, and now they are the exact opposite - you can delete an entire group of PMs between you and another person all at once....
    i'd like to know how. i'll go have a look

well yeah... delete conversation.

how about deleting an entire page filled with multiple conversations like how the old board was? aint happenin

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    900 pm boxes on one page... 4000 pages
    this takes 13 weeks one at a time

good shit

of course i am being sarcastic w/ the numbers

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,354
    chadwick said:

Deletimg pm at new forum???
    are u crazy??
    Its more easy to make peace at middle east than delete pm's here in this category forum..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

chadwick said:

are u crazy??
    Its more easy to make peace at middle east than delete pm's here in this category forum..
    & those middle east folks are strong-headed & tough

i think we are jammed up, dimitris

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options

chadwick said:

are u crazy??
    :-/ All you have to do is go into the conversation and click delete conversation - it deletes every PM you've exchanged with a particular person at one time.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    it deletes that exact box. it does not delete all the boxes of pms from that exact page. i am deleting the way you are explaining.
    let me count somethings...i be right back

49 conversation boxes on page one. there are at least that many conversation boxes on every page. at last count i counted something like 10 pages deep. nearly 500 conversation boxes will be deleted one at a time vs' the old way where you can delete entire pages farelly quick

a friend can't even delete their stuff as it keeps coming back. weird fucking deal. people feel no security in the pm game around here.
    who can read our pms?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

chadwick said:

are u crazy??
    :-/ All you have to do is go into the conversation and click delete conversation - it deletes every PM you've exchanged with a particular person at one time.
    I dont worry at all how to do it..those genius at vanilla lost most of my pm..ill sent them a thank you letter and a free bootleg code for the great help..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    chadwick said:

it deletes that exact box. it does not delete all the boxes of pms from that exact page. i am deleting the way you are explaining.

Oooohhhh. I see. You want to delete ALL of your PMs, not just all of the PMs with you and another particular person.... yeah, there is no way to clear all your conversations at one time...... Not sure why you'd need to do that though. Your space isn't limited, and all the most recent conversations stay at the top of the list.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    PJ_Soul said:

chadwick said:

Oooohhhh. I see. You want to delete ALL of your PMs, not just all of the PMs with you and another particular person.... yeah, there is no way to clear all your conversations at one time...... Not sure why you'd need to do that though. Your space isn't limited, and all the most recent conversations stay at the top of the list.
    because i don't trust what the frig goes on

well it's my own darn fault for not being on top of the deleting battle

i have almost zero interest in holding onto every single pm. that is ridiculous
    sure some may be fantastic

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick said:

chadwick said:

are u crazy??
    & those middle east folks are strong-headed & tough

i think we are jammed up, dimitris
    Man im tired to repeat again how shit is the whole....thanks to that guy with those changes its more easy here...but for some of us who was very active here and we use and read the whole forum the change sucks big time...has some things to do that are useless..
    And lost so.many important things...
    i know very well how active was here before..
    Its funny...now there is a poster of a show and there are 3-4 post about it..haha....even the flippers left.....im reading AET forum...how many of us left there??5-6 still posting??..viva facebook!!
  • Options
    fuck facebook

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,347
    I'm staying here this is where i began to meet really cool folks that have become really good friends of mine , like Chad says fuck Facebook
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Facebook is too hectic for me. I prefer it here. :)
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,347
    Plus i plan on meeting many more cool folks form here like you above me :)>-
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,794
    Facebook is great for keeping touch with people but having a busy life, it's hard to keep up with. It's easier to keep track of running discussions here- especially now that we have Mike's cool script!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    When I meet some of you people at show you'll know who I am - the chick in dark glasses who went blind from this damn way too white "new and improved" forum.
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,109
    I don't like this new forum at all, but ill never go to Facebook. Fuck that. This is still a million times better than Facebook.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    deleting pms?? I can't even write a pm. when I attempted to, I clicked on the person's name, then a text box appeared, so I ASSUMED that meant write your pm here. Wrong! A couple days later I got an email from Kat saying "hey stupid, use the pm function and stop writing on that guys activity wall." I don't know what that even means.

Also, I've been shown how to embed YouTube videos and still can't figure it out. I guess it's all just operator error.
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    Place still sucks ass. What's up with the Chrome fix? Tried to install it on my mac but it won't let me...
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,794
    The whole deal with the forum change, the look, the reactions-- I think I finally figured it out. It's like a modern Kafka novel.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:

The whole deal with the forum change, the look, the reactions-- I think I finally figured it out. It's like a modern Kafka novel.

=)) Metamorphosis! We showed up one morning and our favorite son was one big cockroach! 8-} You should know there's no hope of going back.

I don't mind the new forum, but I thought you'd appreciate that, Brian.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    brianlux said:

hahahahahaa..epic comment!!
  • Options
    jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    I come back here from time to time hoping things are better, but still looks like a blizzard. Is anyone from 10c or the band listening to its loyal customers?
  • Options
    I still check in every day, but can't stay long, as the "old" eyes can't take it!
    "A beacon on dry land"